Trump/Comey tapes

If Comey is lying, why doesn't Trump release the conversations he taped?

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2017/05/11/us/politics/trump-comey-firing.html?_r=0
twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/863007411132649473
nytimes
archive.is/xmbgY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why would he need to? Comey already made the case.

I am pretty sure everything in the Oval Office is recorded for historical purposes.

Because Drumpf is lying... holy shit. It all makes sense now.

Right now, there is no proof that Trump is recording all of his conversations. If he releases any tapes, then all other tapes will be able to be subpoenaed which isn't ideal.
Also, it is possible that it was Comey who was recording their conversations in an effort to entrap Trump. If those recordings were on Comey's computer, then Trump now has them. There is something on Comey's computer that Trump wanted, which is why he fired Comey while he was across the country.

Comey already admitted to being a leaker, admitted that Obama's AG pressured him to downplay the Hillary email investigation, and lied under oath about his motivations for becoming a leaker since he claims he leaked in response to a tweet that took place after his leaks were already being talked about in the NYT. What's even the point?

What am I missing here?

>Trump tweets about tapes
>Comey says oh shit he may have tapes I better leak my memos

If Comey is telling the truth about his Trump interactions, why would he be worried about tapes of their conversations? What would be the need to leak memos? The tapes won't lie about what was said. I know Comey testified he hopes there are tapes but his actions say he was worried Trump would release tapes and wanted to get his narrative out first.

I seriously no idea what Trump is even doing? Seriously had he not tweeted, stayed on message, didn't attack or insult anyone, didn't fire Comey, he wouldn't have all of this trouble.
The worst self-sabotage I've seen. But Trump keeps doing this nonsense he just doesn't learn. This week he decided to attack that stupid Muslim mayor again.

cause he's a coward

>>>Comey says oh shit he may have tapes I better leak my memos

That's easily shown to be a lie though. The New York Times was already writing about his memo the day before that tweet. The question then is why? He's already admitting to being a leaker. He's already fired. What were his real motivations? Is he being pressured by someone still so he has to make up some lie to cover up the fact that someone is still threatening him?

No one is buying the shit you are selling. Sorry.

Explain to me what the endgame of this is?

Comey leaked the memo before Trump's tweet about tapes. Trump tweeting about tapes happened after Comey already leaked to the press.

where does he claim he taped anything?

Could be but it needs to be proven.

He knows the NSA and is spying on him and all Americans.

Trump knows that if you have a conversation and the have a cell phone on you. Your conversation is being recorded.

Example and proof:

The NSA has the lynch clinton conversation.

You never know when somebody will conveniently lose 18 1/2 minutes of tapes.

>I never learned critical thinking and I don't understand that things are happening behind the scenes

If there are tapes, the talks with comey will be the tip of the iceberg. Imagine all the crazy shit Trump and Bannon have been discussing over these last months.

Why the hell even tweet?

What needs to be proven? The NYT article in question was definitely published the day before the tweet in question. Check for yourself.

nytimes.com/2017/05/11/us/politics/trump-comey-firing.html?_r=0
twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/863007411132649473

Who else but Comey would have leaked the details of a dinner between him and Trump that no one else was at? I keep hearing this lie that "press was there." No they weren't. You're probably looking at the image at the top of the article from a different event, which was the only photo press could use because they weren't there.

Let's archive that

>nytimes com/2017/05/11/us/politics/trump-comey-firing.html?_r=0
archive.is/xmbgY

No need to when you are winning. The "tapes" are the trump card only to be used as a last resort.

Is the NSA one of the bad alphabet soups?

>Who else but Comey would have leaked the details of a dinner between him and Trump that no one else was at?
Comey had shared the contents of the dinner with the senior leadership of the FBI immediately after having it.

Moreso the CIA spooks who are beholden to Israel and Mossad.

Mostley discussions about the science of making anime real.

Why publicly release a tape that the MSM can twist and turn all day when you can release it in a closed court case?

Trump is the master baiter of our times gents.

of course, in a strict sense, there is a small residual chance that this is separate leak.

Answers that libqueers don't want to hear for $800 Alex.

because Comey actually isn't lying, trump is just lashing out like usual

No. He contacted one person, then wrote a memo, which he gave to a friend to leak. This is his own testimony.

The question isn't weather he did it or not. They question is why did he lie about his motivation for doing it.

Definitely possible. But he's still definitely lying about the timeline. He leaked, then trump tweeted. Why bother to lie about that? All I can think of is fear, that his real motivations are pressure from outside sources and if he admits that he'll be killed.

if that is true, than those sharees would go ahead without his conscent either, wouldn't they?

But Trump doesn't say he has any tapes in that tweet.

That's the brilliance of it. Maybe he does, maybe it's just a bluff. It was enough for James Comey to admit he was a leaker

Seriously

"James Comey better hope they are no tapes."

All he tweeted. It's you that jumped to the conclusion that Trump did have tapes - same with Comey.

Trump caused an FBI Director to piss himself, and it might have just been a bluff

Let's reduce this down.

Let's assume Comey is lying, about everything.

Let's reduce this down further.

As American citizens, do you care if your president has secret dealings with foreign nations, specifically the Russians and Saudis?

Or, is it OK because he is the leader of the GOP/Right?

You all need to make up your minds. Do you support Trump or do you support America, from enemies abroad and domestic?

>If Trump isn't lying, why doesn't he release his tax returns

47d inter-planetary mancala

We've been through this already before queer

>this is what the trumpkin actually tell themselves

Trump paid for his own campaign and doesn't accept bribes from Jews (like Hillary did). Trump is still better than Hillary whatever he does.

It is likely that there are no tapes. Trump's gambit by asserting there might be tapes of conversations was a deterrent to keep Comey honest. It was to plant doubt in the mind of the opponent, and it appears to have paid off, for whatever little good it did. Comey hanged himself in public forum on a bluff.

Comey is very sensitive about image and he is obsessed with legaleze. Trump exploited it (birds of a feather- Trump has thin skin too). By wondering about tapes, Comey had to be very careful what he said and also had to make sure his notes were right because in court, an error can mean the difference between exoneration or indictment. It also serves as fact-finding because it forced Comey to show his hand. Trump I doubt came up with this on his own, but he has a smart lawyer.

if that is true, than those sharees wouldn't go ahead without his conscent either, would they?

One would hope that even Trump would have learned the key lesson of American Politics -- you don't fucking tape what is said in the White House. Even if you have no intent to break any laws, people say all sorts of shit, having it all on tape is insane.

I suspect here he is just baiting.

>Do you support Trump or do you support America
Yes

It's a fun show.

Obviously the FBI is taking the lead for the Shadow Government.

They're going to be the face to the CIA/Federal Reserve take down of Trump.

People keep asking, "If comey is lying, why x?", but never answer what exactly they think others are saying he's lying about. Comey confirmed Trump is clean in this whole affair, straight from his mouth, so what exactly do shariashills think others are saying he is lying about?

Are they trying to meme the idea everything comey said is a lie to keep the Russia story alive now comey killed it?

Oh *get* your fat hand out of the peanut butter jar, Clemett. Utter nonsense.

yes, he's definately entangled in some pretty nasty web, that certain.
He needed justification/plausability for having written a memo was my impression.

Maybe the tapes POTUS has aren't from his meeting with Comey, but Comey with "others".

The one thing Comey didn't leak was that Trump was never under investigation.

What a fucking cuck

Comey writes in his written testimony: "As was my practice for conversations with President Trump, I wrote a detailed memo of the dinner immediately afterwards and shared it with the senior leadership team of the FBI."

People leak all sorts of shit without asking permission first. Either Comey is lying, or there is a third leaker in the house.

>This week he decided to attack that stupid Muslim mayor again.
He's throwing a bone to his anti-Muslim supporters to distract them from the whole "toadying up to Saudia Arabia and continuing America's role as the number one supporter of Islamic extremism" thing. It also keeps the media busy chasing pointless scandals instead of doing actual journalism.

Again, Trump just tweeted "Comey better hope there are no tapes."

It's not a lie, it's a bluff. Trump never claimed to have tapes, he just said Comey better hope there aren't. Comey is a paranoid weasel, so naturally he jumped to the conclusion that there were tapes.

Trump has the tapes but he preffers not to release it to avoid further drama, but if comey continues acting like a bitch...

By the way, that was pretty clear, are you guys retards?

Just the threat of "tapes"stopped Comey from lying.
Masterful move.

>he preffers not to release it to avoid further drama
Either Trump lied about the dinner, or Comey lied about the dinner. If Comey lied, why not prove it?

I don't think there was any reason behind it. He just hates the guy.

>If Comey is lying, why doesn't Trump release the conversations he taped?
That's not how burden of proof works.

What is Trump lying about?

Writing the details of a meeting is actually pretty standard affair nowadays.

If you have a strong suspicion you're going to get unfairly fucked over or defamed, having a written record of each incident leading up to the fuckery is very useful.

Of course, whatever you write will be carefully weighed and deemed trustworthy or trash, but that's besides the point.

Around Trump, that's pretty much the only thing Comey could have done, without getting a free trip to jail. It helps that he is (was) the head of the FBI. Pretty hard to claim he's a lying liar.

I think Trump wanting the "Russia thing" to go away is now a distant fantasy. His presidency will now be defined by the wall, Russia, grabbing pussy, green card wife & having a dickhead handshake.

>great job

This. That was a loaded question.

It's pretty obvious you haven't spent a lot of time in a court, dumbass. Lawyers and police do this all the time to probe. Ironically, Comey fell for it.

Trump didn't say that he had tapes: he said he hopes that there are no tapes, literally.

this really needs to get posted to everybody. Hannity, Tucker, savage… The media today all downplayed that he leaked after the tweet.

It fits Trump's patterns of constantly keeping the media in a furor over inane bullshit AND feeding his supporters table scraps to keep them loyal while he goes back on all his campaign promises.

Trump's account of the dinner: "He wanted to have dinner because he wanted to stay on." "Dinner was arranged. I think he asked for the dinner. And he wanted to stay on as the FBI head, and I said, ‘I'll consider it. We'll see what happens.’ But we had a very nice dinner, and at that time he told me you are not under investigation."

Assuming that Comey's recollection is correct:

>He wanted to have dinner because he wanted to stay on.
>Dinner was arranged. I think he asked for the dinner.
Blatant lies.
>And he wanted to stay on as the FBI head.
Misleading, but true.
>I'll consider it. We'll see what happens.
Trump is paraphrasing, but it's unlikely he said anything even remotely of the sort, so this would be a lie as well.
>at that time he told me you are not under investigation
True.

ya, but comey would have a pretty good grasp on who leaked his confidentially shared details.
Would be one of those
Ok, which of you (2 or 3?) faggots did this?
moments the next day.

I dont see how none of the senators caught onto comey lieing under oath.
He said he leaked cause of trumps tweet.
Blantant lie because he leaked before trumps tweet.
How is he not getting bitch slapped for lieing under oath?

> great rtard post

Yes, because the head of the fucking FBI falls for bluffs over tapes on Twitter :(

>nope

>Ok, which of you (2 or 3?) faggots did this? moments the next day.
It's rather hard for a private citizen to demand answers of the senior leadership of the FBI.

What was the part that was "retarded"? Just wondering.

Nothing big was EVER going to get done at FBI, meanwhile Comey would drag out Russia all the way to 2018.

Better to just get rid of Comey, get whatever was on his computer or in his office, and get a new FBI director who might actually do something.

People can argue about Trump's style or ability to strategize, but this is the same man who won the presidency in his first political campaign (against establishment) and shocked the world.

The man knows some things and is operating on another level.

Dude is playing 8d CandyLand

?
No i mean, if comey shared with few people in confidence and the next day it appears in nyt without his conscent, he'd probably know who to look to

This. It seemed like there were even more inconsistencies. Like he first said the only thing trump ever talked about was Russia, then later he says he talked to trump about some other unrelated investigation.

The memos are horse shit anyways. Did he write them on an exploding typewriter? Why in the fuck wouldn't he have a copy.

That might have sounded believable 60 years ago.

Isn't there also an infographic showing that the Flynn investigation was completed before Comey alleges Trump made the "Let this go" remark?

>imagine what Trump and Bannon talk about
Probably the swamp, how big it is, how foul it is, and how badly it needs to be drained

Found it.

Because the truth doesn't fucking matter in politics.

Maybe he will

>"So you released this tape recording you made way back in the '80s of Dona-"
>"What? I didn't leak the recording..."
>"But didn't you say you were the only one who could have recorded it?"
>"Well I have one and I can only assume Donald Trump has a copy too..."
>"So who leaked this tape of Donald Trump?"
>"Well I thought Mr Trump had leaked it himself?"

m8 you couldn't even set up the board let alone sit at the table. Stick to your tiddlywinks and paint by numbers. This is an adults game.

Well here's a question.

He shared the details of a private meeting he had with Trump to his professor friend.

Is he allowed to share details of conversations he has with the president, as he was in a public restaurant, or is he always considered a public official 100% of the time, in any capacity (including private meetings in public places with the President)?

Comey might have written down the details of every meet he had with Trump (9), but only that one was leaked, and he did it to force an independent counsel.

People keep saying Comey is stupid this, coward that. We'll see how stupid Comey is in the next few days. We'll have this opportunity due to his gambit; this would have been all in house otherwise.

Flynn was cleared of being a foreign agent, but he was still in legal trouble for supposedly perjuring himself.

kys loser

wtf I love Trump now (and then, and before, and after, and probably forever)

You have a little too much faith in the competence of government bureaucracy. Being an idiot Aussie, I can see why. The FBI is not infallible (not always very competent either), and Comey slipped up- simple as that.

Nice straws you're reaching for.

Rereading the news reports from Jan 24, it appears that specifically the conversations between Flynn and Kislyak were judged free of wrongdoing but not necessarily everything Flynn-related.

It is not a straw to suggest that when the former head of the FBI says that there was an open criminal investigation of someone, that there was an open criminal investigation of someone.

>assuming that Comey's recollection is correct
Oh, that's cute, you're retarded. Yeah if you believe the liar and self admitted leaker isn't a liar, then the honest man is. But let me stop you right there since this Reddit College Liberal understanding of how testimony works is painful to read

First off, lying isn't actually a crime unless its in an official capacity and most importantly, while under oath. Comey was under oath - he vowed to tell the truth before Congress.

But Trump didn't even lie via tweet - his use of the words "I think" means he's qualifying his statement. Furthermore, your so-called "smoking gun" that only holds true if we presume Comey isn't lying(And why the fuck would we do that?) is a matter of opinion.

Comey felt that Trump called him to dinner to stop Muh Russia, Trump felt Comey went to dinner to keep his job. Both statements aren't lies - they're intepretations and hearsay. There's nothing that will prove or disprove either men's feelings towards the other motives, they're unfalsifiable statements

But Comey saying he leaked the memo in response to this tweet - published on May 12th - IS falsfiable. We can prove that the memo leaked before May 12th, meaning we can prove that Comey's statement, said while under oath - is not just a lie, it's Perjury.

We support our country and defend it from enemies within and abroad. That's why we elected Trump you fuckwit

>his use of the words "I think" means he's qualifying his statement.
Saying the word "I think" is not a license to lie. If I say that "I think the police officer asked me if I wanted to fuck" when instead actually he pulled me over and gave me a speeding ticket, that would make me a liar. Unless Donald Trump is a master of self-delusional he did not think anything of the sort. He also quoted himself.

>Trump felt Comey went to dinner to keep his job.
One person asked for the dinner. It's either or.

>meaning we can prove that Comey's statement, said while under oath - is not just a lie, it's Perjury.
It is possible that Comey perjured himself and merits investigation. There are more people than just Comey who could have leaked the contents of the dinner.

According to Comey, the memos are his recollection of the meetings and none of them contained classified intelligence, so it's essentially a written account of hearsay. That's not a violation of the law, but it's also not admissible as evidence unless something else (like the tapes) exist to corroborate the account.

See
Comey is full of shit.
I'm not even a Trump supporter.
You Hillary faggots have gone so far off the deep end that it is frightening .

Comey is a Clinton agent. He was trying to destroy Trump from the inside.

Remember that Comey was the one who let Lynch and the Clintons get away with obstruction of justice.

>I'm not even a Trump supporter.
>You Hillary faggots

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

True fuck Comey the weasel but what Trump is doing isn't really politically good.

>Trump felt Comey went to dinner to keep his job.
>One person asked for the dinner. It's either or.

For the love of god google "Hear-Say", you fucking moron. When it's a "he said, she said" thing, the burden of proof is on the one making the claim. You can't use Comey's testimony as evidence of Trump lying when his testimony is the ONLY testimony supporting that claim

If the memos don't exist, then Robert Mueller cannot have received them, and unless all the FBI chiefs from the beginning of time are in a big conspiracy he probably would have noted something of the sort.

>For the love of god google "Hear-Say", you fucking moron.
ARTICLE VIII. HEARSAY
Rule 801. Definitions That Apply to This Article; Exclusions from Hearsay
(c) Hearsay. “Hearsay” means a statement that:
(1) the declarant does not make while testifying at the current trial or hearing; and
(2) a party offers in evidence to prove the truth of the matter asserted in the statement.

Please stop using words you don't know the definition of.

>why doesn't Trump release the conversations he taped?

it's called consent you rapist!

>hard to claim a hack appointed by Obama is a lying liar
No it's not. His version of events might very well be 100% true, while his motivations aren't.

The swamp is huge and must be drained