How Germany's 'hate speech' law will put control of free speech in private hands

>A proposed German law designed to heavily penalize social media firms for 'hate speech' will scare Facebook and other social media giants into suppressing content that is legal, argues Nick Wallace.

>The proposed law, backed by the governing CDU/CSU/SPD grand coalition, would impose fines of €50 million (a hundredfold increase on the earlier proposal of €500,000) on Internet platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Google, if they do not remove offending posts within 24 hours of users having flagged them.

thelocal.de/20170609/how-the-german-hate-speech-law-will-put-control-of-free-speech-in-private-hands

Jesus.

What the fuck is hate speech

Germany yes!

The leader of the free world, everyone...

It's wrongthink. Like for instance when Mark Zuckerberg was caught on a hot mic assuring Merkel he'd shut down opposition to the caliphate invasion.

Rev up those report bots, we have countries to take offline

Sauce

>What the fuck is hate speech

any speech that challenges multiculturalism as anything other than the greatest thing since sliced bread

bump this shit. germany is going to fuck the whole world again and we germans cant even criticise it without beeing put into jail.
saying you dont like refugees = hatespeech. criticising the government = hatespeech. saying anything contradictory to the public opinion = hatespeech.

Haha time to post so much "hate speech" in german that Facebook gets banned.

Too long ago for me to remember. Just look it up.

In fact I think I must surely have missed the picture I saved from the article because it surely wasn't longer ago then hohols jumping up and down.

If your government is willing to go this far, how are you not in jail at this point for posting on Sup Forums?

PFFFAHAHAHA

they dont know about Sup Forums. the whole internet is "neuland" for them. they just discovered normiebook and twitter and realised that people can voice their opinion.

Kek. So these companies will be pulling out of Germany then

This

Every German who let this happen deserves what's coming next.

Have fun fining websites outside your jurisdiction, Germany

I guess a great firewall will be next on the list to block all non-complying sites

Looks like Grandpa Hans should've fought harder against the Soviets eh.

The very existence of hatred and intolerance is a daily reminder that I am free. The amount of brainwashing that goes into this, almost like it is fabricated and intended to result in some kind of inflammatory response.

Time to start posting in German! We need to start posting as much offensive shit as we can in German across all German social websites if this law is passed!

IT WILL BE A GERMAN SOCIAL MEDIA HOLOCAUST!

Don't they know what happens in China with all the censorship? People still communicate but using proxy words. If you read their forums it's full of non-sense because they are doing the skype/kike type of reversion we did here for half of the terms.

there are quite a few people who speak out against it but the majority of germans just dont care. older people? they dont care. younger people? they dont care because most of them are against hatespeech.
i thought about that aswell. any bigger company just wont provide their service to germans so they dont have to care about that law anyways. in my opinion its just a law to censor germans and form a collective hivemind.
im counting on you ausies. i hope your great emu war is solved by then.

Jews in control of germany as a tool to subjugate the world was always the plan. After WW2 you can at least say you tried to stop it. Most other countries can't claim that. Enjoy that idea at least that your grand parents were not total cuckold faggots like you and all your country men so be proud.

Seeing as how it's against the law for Holocaust denial, is anyone really surprised?

I'm going to be pissed if I have to change my email addresses. gmx has been pretty good to me.