Hotel Owners Must Pay 80k in Fines for Refusing to Host Gay Marriage

news-gazette.com/news/local/2017-06-08/bb-owner-appellate-court-denial-non-story-gay-couple-denied-access-signal-sent

The Fourth District of the Illinois Appellate Court entered an order to dismiss the appeal filed last December by Chicago attorney Jason Craddock on behalf of TimberCreek Bed-and-Breakfast co-owner Jim Walder.

In Craddock’s petition for review with the court, he asked it to review the “recommended order and decision” that Michael R. Robinson, an administrative law judge appointed by the Illinois Human Rights Commission, entered in 2015 against the B&B — and the $80,000 in fines and other penalties that come with it.

“With this ruling, Illinois joins court decisions from New Mexico, Washington and New York clarifying that business owners serving the public may not refuse to serve lesbians and gay men because of their religious beliefs,” said the ACLU’s John Knight.

The order came with penalties that include the B&B paying $30,000 to the Wathen for their emotional distress; the B&B paying the Wathens’ attorneys $50,000 in fees and $1,218 in costs; the B&B ceasing and desisting from violating the Human Rights Act; and the B&B offering the Wathens access to the facility, within one year, for an event celebrating their civil union.

Walder claimed the makeup of the three-member panel — with two of the commissioners being either “LGBT activists or openly gay” — allowed “zero chance that we could have obtained a fair review.” Walder said appealing the ruling to the full commission likely would not have changed the outcome, so he chose to appeal it through the court system instead.

“We do not hate gays,” Walder said last year. “We are not homophobic or bigoted. We do not prohibit homosexuals from visiting TimberCreek. Some have. We are respectful and kind to all of our guests. We draw the line, however, at hosting gay marriages.”

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_Rights_Act_of_1964
christiannews.net/2015/04/05/commission-rules-in-favor-of-baker-who-refused-to-decorate-bibles-cakes-against-homosexuality/
denverpost.com/2017/05/30/colorado-gay-wedding-cake-supreme-court/
youtube.com/watch?v=RgWIhYAtan4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You just host them, but do a really really shit job at it.

Checked!

This is what homosexuals do when they have power. They don't like freedom, they want to bully people who don't think their mental illness is good.

IMO those BNB owners are well justified to murder those faggots.

Excuse my ignorance, but isn't there a thing about the owners of private property reserving the right to refuse service to whomever they'd want? Or does that simply just not apply in this situation?

Don't feign ignorance. Can restaurants refuse to seat you because you are Black? We had this war in the 1960s.

How dare you refuse to host this pedosexual marriage between mohammed and his 12 year old fiancee?

Noted

Technically yes, they can

No, they cannot.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_Rights_Act_of_1964

Do these people just not know they can use the right to refuse service properly? Just say you don't want to serve them because they were rude or mean to you. Don't specify that you don't want the fags in your business.

bump

no they cant.

Are you retarded?
You cant open a white only business anywhere

Do you think I could enter a Jewish temple dressed in full Nazi uniform? Or that they would stop me at the door?

People have tried to get others to do offensive anti-gay stuff. Hasn't held up so well in the courts:

christiannews.net/2015/04/05/commission-rules-in-favor-of-baker-who-refused-to-decorate-bibles-cakes-against-homosexuality/

Pretty sure you could be refused entry because wearing a uniform is not a protected class.

>What is a private swimming pool

bump

book store
Pro shop in a upscale ice arena
Private lessons on how to chow box

Fuck, even after all the fines the fuckin judge is forcing them to host the fagwedding, complete & utter bullshit.

They could just say that they are mudslime and not have to pay.

This is what Gorsuch is for.

There are still 5 pro-gay justices without Gorsuch. The Supreme Court has refused to take on any anti-gay discrimination cases recently.

denverpost.com/2017/05/30/colorado-gay-wedding-cake-supreme-court/

WASHINGTON — The U.S. Supreme Court punted again Tuesday on whether it plans to hear a case involving a Colorado baker who refused to make a wedding cake for a gay couple — further delaying action on a legal fight that’s drawn national attention.

The case was excluded from an order list released by the high court; making it the ninth time the justices have postponed a decision on the petition by Masterpiece Cakeshop owner Jack Phillips, according to court watchers at SCOTUSblog.

I'm not basing this on any specific knowledge, but what you suggested is probably exactly what happened at first. The B&B owners likely tried to use some excuse to politely decline and the fags kept pushing. If the plaintiffs are the kind of people who are willing to associate themselves with the (((ACLU))), they were probably massive cuntbags to begin with.

These people just need to start tripling their prices

>I'm making this up but listen

When this happened in the infamous Colorado cake case I believe one of the men and his mom went into the shop to ask for a cake and he told them he doesn't make them for gay marriages because he is a Christian.

>Fuck, even after all the fines the fuckin judge is forcing them to host the fagwedding, complete & utter bullshit.

isnt this illegal? you cant actually force someone to do something (specific performance?) but you can fine them, or so i thought

I thought so too, seems (((they))) are trying to make an example here.

Yeah you can, you just have to give it an entry fee.

Well, we'll just have to hope that RGB has an accident or something some time in the next 7 years.

Yeah, generally a judge wouldn't order specific performance on a contract for services of this kind, but there's a well-known legal exception to this doctrine for when the judge hearing your case is an insufferable faggot. There is a rebuttable presumption that said exception applies for all cases adjudicated in the 9th Circuit.

Being black isnt a sexual paraphilia (a mental illness) that starts and worstens by choice.

bump

GAY FASCISM.

Bump

I wonder how ridiculous they are going to act at the wedding now towards the hosts.

The couple have since already married elsewhere.

Yes, you can

That's good to hear at least. I couldn't imagine being gay and feeling good about forcing people to like your life. Maybe they saw the error in their ways?

They didn't try to somehow force the owner to have a gay wedding there after he refused they just sued him for discrimination.

Not legally if it is open to the public.

So what are these white only businesses you speak of then?

reminder if it was a muslim or jew owned hotel that did the exact same thing nothing would happen

Allah, I watched a 7th Heaven episode the other week about blacks being refused service, it was still a thing nearly two decades ago.

The Jewnited States of Weimerica

Why do you assume that? In all these threads I always ask for an example of a Jew or Muslim refusing service to gays and get nothing.

You seem to forget that niggers always break laws where ever they go. There is always a.reason to call the police, thus you can refuse to serve them.

just like islam. theyll create enclaves gain power then if you dont suck dick theyll cut your heads off.

That still doesn't answer the question of where these businesses are. You think some lawyer wouldn't try to sue anyways?

So you'd like it so non-whites could refuse service to you because you're white?

white people with any foresight avaoid any buisness where the employees are paid less than twice minimum wage.

At 2x min wage people but shit on credit, once they have a mortgage or a car loan they cant afford to shit their job up. At min wage theyll spit and piss in your food then just find another job the next day.

Now you know

t. restaurant owner

OH SAY CAN YOU SEEEEE

This is why we need a right-wing future. A return to normalcy.

Wasn't she blown out in her first match?

Yeah, and since it was fencing it took like 30 seconds.

see this post you fucking idiot:

>liberal degeneracy
*jewish degeneracy

This so much. I have a neighbor who owns his own business and he's so tight with money he's an honorary jew. He only pays his workers minimum wage so he only gets the shittiest employees. He's had employees who get into bitchfights and refuse to work the same schedule. He's had employees who chimped out when he fired them and then hang around in the parking lot to jump him. Employees who just don't show up for work.

I really don't understand why business owner who could afford to pay well above minimum wage wouldn't do so. What you lose in profit margin, you make up in spades by retaining your sanity.

can they not state that it infringes on their own religious beliefs? and doesn't that then go against their constitutional rights?
or can queers and dykes start suing Muslim owned businesses by trapping them into this scam?
you see what happens, you give a group an inch and they take a mile.
peado rights soon, mark my words.

This shit needs to be repealed.

christcucks btfo

Yes I would be fine with that.
Why would I be offended by that.
Only pussy sensitive hug box faggots would be butthurt. This is the difference between Weak minded lefties like you and normal people like me.

Some are desperate. Surely if the business was bad enough it would have failed already.

I truly thought she'd win gold since muslims are so good at stabbing people.

religious freedom my fucking ass

But the judge did. Can you not read?

youtube.com/watch?v=RgWIhYAtan4
Here you go you stupid fucking lefty apologist faggot now fuck off and don't come back.

the judge didn't say this particular couple then could get married at said venue by force though.

>The order came with penalties that include the B&B paying $30,000 to the Wathen for their emotional distress; the B&B paying the Wathens’ attorneys $50,000 in fees and $1,218 in costs; the B&B ceasing and desisting from violating the Human Rights Act; and the B&B offering the Wathens access to the facility, within one year, for an event celebrating their civil union.
Can you read the OP or quit being a retard.

Well I guess they didn't go through with it there at least.

So why hasn't he sued them into bankruptcy? Of course nothing will happen if there is no action towards litigation.