>2017
>still not Catholic

Why aren't you Catholic yet, Sup Forums ?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Believers
youtube.com/watch?v=MzbFzIegDsE
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF170B126002E7CB0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacraments_of_the_Catholic_Church
youtube.com/watch?v=H1z2sCiTMEI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>idolatry

lol nah.

I'll stick to paganism, thanks

oh, wait

But I am Louis

because I belong to better denomination :^)

God bless

BASED POPE

I don't love Islam like the pope says I should

But user, I am.

>quotes from his (((table talk)))
>hitler is an authority when it comes to religious matters

Outside of Crusader memes why would you not be Orthodox- the unchanged church that literally is the closest body we have to the Old Church Established by Christ himself?

>unchanged

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Believers

That article demonstrates how the preserved the purity of ritual

youtube.com/watch?v=MzbFzIegDsE

>got baptised as an infant
>nearly got caught up in the atheist/pagan poz during university
>pulled myself together

Death to Vatican II.
Repent.

What did hitler mean by this ?

>catholic

>baptized and confirmed, went to boy scouts, etc.
>edgy atheist metalhead teen
>still an atheist but atheism destroys society
>deus vult

The only schisms that aren't degenerate are Orthodoxy and Protestantism

Because I don't buy
>Immaculate conception
>Assumption
>Papal infallability (on matters of theology; ecclesiology is fine)
>Development of dogma over time, above and beyond clarification

...And in order to legitimately join the church I'd have to actively believe all of those things. If I'm not mistaken, they're all developments from last 200 years or so

Because Orthodox makes more sense theologically

Because the Catholic Church is corrupt and has strayed from what original Christianity was supposed to be. Instead of becoming a shepherd which shepherds the flock, it has become an institution bent on maintaining power and garnering wealth. Just look at the lives of the popes and its clergy during the middle ages up to the late 19th century. They engaged in wars to wrest power, lived lives of debauchery and excess and oftentimes fleeced the very flock they were supposed to protect due to their ignorance.

Bumpp

this

riddle me this:
how can you consider yourself a good christian when you hate everybody who isn't white?

I hate this being used as a justification. You frame what you don't like as just trying to "keep and gain power" so that it looks like what they do is unjustified.

But what actually looks like "keeping and gaining power" is merely trying to survive threats and keeping its ethos and influence in the world. Given it's the Catholic Church: that's the exact thing they should be doing.

What you're doing then is guaranteeing the only way it won't be negatively judged is if it starts killing itself. That's why this is a typical leftist move. Really makes me think...

Non-whites aren't human.

I'm still sore about the shit they've put my country through.

>But what actually looks like "keeping and gaining power" is merely trying to survive threats and keeping its ethos and influence in the world.

That's rich. The Catholic Church and its popes actually waged wars (yes wars!) for petty greedy land grabs and maintaining its secular power. Instead of focusing on the spiritual aspects to guide the flock, it instead focused on worldly matters in direct contradiction to Christ's commands (Matthew 6:19–20). And that's just the surface. There's also the whole thing about indulgences, the extravagance of the clergy (seriously, look at the parties the priests, cardinals and popes held in Rome) and popes living lives that would put the Game of Thrones plots and wickedness for expanding political power to shame.

The true Church of Christ is not supposed to rule over men, it's supposed to guide it and nourish it (Matthew 6:25-26).

>Marian dogmas which literally have no written record until the late 4th century
>justification through sacraments in direct contradiction to sound New Testament exegesis (e.g. Romans and Galatians)
>idolatry masked as veneration
>an entire sacramentology essentially based on Aristotelian and Thomistic categories completely unknown to the New Testament authors
>gee Sup Forums why not be Catholic

I'm a catholic pagan.

Because Catholic/Orthodox schism started as a political issue and in Eastern Europe faith is still a matter of national and cultural identity. And I'd rather side with Poles, Croats, Austrians than Serbs and Romanians.

You need to learn how to read.

As for sinful behavior, look up original sin. The popes themselves are not immune to it.

Gun totin' Baptist. No pope, just my bible. I am the stereotype protestant that you see on tv.

>an entire sacramentology essentially based on Aristotelian and Thomistic categories completely unknown to the New Testament authors
What is the Gospel of John?

I'm attracted to females who have completed puberty

It's for proles. I'm not a prole.

>implying that any of the Johannine works indicate any semblance of philosophical categories that simply didn't exist until the 14th century

>Why aren't you Catholic yet, Sup Forums ?
But I am, Pierre.

The poop is the boss of a child-rape and torture cult (the catholick church) that makes its living by telling lies to morons.

The cult has a long, world-wide history of concealing its rapes, protecting the rapists and doing its best to silence the victims.

The fact that these practices are world-wide shows that this is a policy implemented by head office, that is, the poop, and the upper heirarchy.

And the fact that the poop and the upper hierarchy are ok with these policies shows that it is highly likely that they have been personally involved in the raping and torturing of children.

That's why I'm not catholick.

You mentioned Aristotle yourself lol

It's still possible to read this thread without visual pollution of any kind.

Nice.

Fair point, it's just that I have been raised catholic and it feels more appropriate for me.

Because it's a barbaric middle eastern invader religion that's done nothing but commit genocide and stifle culture/learning for thousands of years.

> current year
> worships a literal kike on a stick

It's comblex.

Oh, I almost forgot. It's also because their god does not exist. Just like every other god.

Because it's demonic and antithetical to the word of God. Isis Cult of Mary.

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF170B126002E7CB0

I'm a catholic and I don't really buy any of that shit.

I was baptized as a kid so I get to be lax about it.
As for the immaculate conception, iirc, the immaculate conception used to mean that Mary got an exception from the original sin. All men and women have those but God removed it from Mary. Then since many religions around the jews had heroes/gods born from virgins the two meanings became completely intertwined and that's how we ended up with it.

But my theology course was over 7 years ago so I don't remember.

The most important thing in my eyes about the catholic church is the sacraments, the confession and the holy communion. When I feel my faith is really unsteady I go to mass a bit more and the holy communion reminds me of the existence and true power of christ.

Agreed. But better than a false salvation doctrine that is contrary to half the verses in the Bible.

>A shekel for the good goy
>Christianity is bad
>Good goys know not to believe in Jesus
>Jesus was fake! We're God's chosen people!
>We would never torture someone like that!
>Jesus wasn't real!
>Only idiots believe in a savior that whips the poor innocent jews and calls them vipors!
>Ignore pure European Christian values
>Be a nihilist!

Do you not like worshiping one saint and basing your life on them? Thomas Aquinas and teaching, Boethius and philosophy, etc.

Only difference between modern day Romanism and Lutheranism is that Romanism still has the pope, there are basically no other major differences.

Anyways I am a Roman Catholic, but I do not practice because of the corruption of the church.

>Only difference between modern day Romanism and Lutheranism is that Romanism still has the pope, there are basically no other major differences.

>what is transubstantiation
>what is justification by faith
>what is the priesthood of all believers
>what is sola scriptura
>what is sola fide
>what is the Council of Trent
>what is the entire fucking history of corruption and lies that have surrounded the Papacy since the 5th century

>Current year
>Still not christcuck

You can worship your jew on a stick alone, you know.

Oy vey, the goym knows.

Why should I choose Catholicism over any other denomination? I have a KJV and I am currently reading The Confessions of St. Augustine(which is beautifully written), but I am not sure how I feel about the papacy, Apostolic succession etc etc.

Because of the sacraments, more or less.

Couldn't do without holy communion.

What do you mean by that? I have no idea what the heck sacraments are.

>Be catholic
>Claim that european societies can't properly function without christianity
>Not being aware that european societies mostly function on hellenic and roman principles
>Your idol fought against the romans

Would love to be catholic again, you guys are really good people, but the faith has no basis in reality.

Because I'm not:
1) Mexican
2) fucking stupid

Ritual vapirism and canibalism freaks me out.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacraments_of_the_Catholic_Church

Because i don't enjoy the idea of serving a discarded jew and his greedy minions.

This is what I told the RC priest when he tried to persuade me to convert and sign my kids over to the RCs prior to getting married to an RC
Roman Catholic churches are crammed with graven images, not for me
Roman Catholic church presumes to interfere in people's sex life and impose its version of birth control. Not for me
God decreed there should be only one mediator between God and man and that is, Jesus Christ. I do not accept that any mortal, the Pope included, could ever replace Jesus Christ. I speak directly to God
The RC church creates new saints and disposes of old ones such as St. Christopher. I asked the priest where St. Christopher was now. He didn't know. I asked him what about all those prayers said to deposed St. Christopher and other RC saints .. were those prayers invalidated now? The priest did not know
I told him no, I would not be converting, never had any intention of converting, nor would I consign my future children to the Roman Catholic church. I would not subject my future children to the mind control and programming of the RC church. My children would receive basic religious education. If they chose, they could adopt any religion they chose. Roman Catholic indoctrination would impede my future children's free will
The priest struggled but eventually gave up

Thanks

NO SURRENDER THE POPE'S A BENDER

youtube.com/watch?v=H1z2sCiTMEI

Chips and juice at halftime? Are you serious?

>Orthodoxy
>schism
Yea, about that....How much a of a faggot papist you are?

>pure European Christian values
yea, about that....

G

I am actually xxxholic

Bump.

>Cucks
The orthodox Christianity is the truth!

Ayyy

Bp

Sorry, not interested in touching little kids

They are converts. The washing and kissing of the feet is from the bible (the Last Supper) where Christ did the same for the Apostles. It's done when you are baptized and confirmed into the Church. The priest did the same to me when I converted.

Unless you think the Church is only supposed to convert and receive white people, it's perfectly fine and indeed a good thing.

Because it's literally the worst Christianity

Becouse you're polytheistic pagans

Gaaaay

>I don't love Islam like the pope says I should
Never said to love Islam.

>Protestantism
>not degenerate

I'm sorry Cтиeпaн, but you just have never seen anything made by americans aside from cowboy movies

I dont want to go to hell for worshipping crackers and a faggot pervert who wears a penis shaped hat

Bp

I am, but I need to better myself...time to hit the gym and make good confession once a week.
I want to order a few ven. Fulton Sheen's books soon.

Religion is for cucks.

I admire you Orthodox Christians.
I will always be a Catholic Christian, but yours would be my second choice.

M

>>Immaculate conception
>>Assumption
As Christ was the new Adam so the Virgin Mary was the new Eve: God could not enter into a vessel of sin in the bondage of sin but only into what is holy: by a special grace of God the Virgin Mary was preserved from sin and the corruption of death so she could be the new Eve and mother in and through Christ of a new (or renewed) humanity.

>>Papal infallability (on matters of theology; ecclesiology is fine)
You can't really separate the two. The Church is united to Christ: the Church and Christ are one ("and the two shall become one flesh.").
>>Development of dogma over time, above and beyond clarification
This isn't surprising at all. We proceed from truth to truth and more fully realize the logical implications contained in truths or realize things contrary to those truths by logical connection. Hence some beliefs are found to be necessarily also true if that which we believe to be true is true and some things found to be necessarily false (because by logical implication they would deny or necessarily lead to the denial of some dogma).