Becoming Christian

How do I become a Christian, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL22J3VaeABQD_IZs7y60I3lUrrFTzkpat
pidradio.com/what-must-i-do-to-be-saved/
youtube.com/watch?v=EYQL0ENXLno
youtube.com/watch?v=lNtc6VQdkW4
youtube.com/watch?v=6uUdo7iV3EU
youtube.com/watch?v=X6VImxvDUAg
catholicherald.co.uk/news/2016/10/13/pope-francis-you-cant-defend-christianity-by-being-against-refugees-and-other-religions/
youtube.com/watch?v=97k4z6Qe7JM&t=18s
youtube.com/user/DrOakley1689
youtube.com/user/AominOrg
youtube.com/user/InspiringPhilosophy
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Accept our Lord Jesus Christ as your savior and know that he died on the cross to repent for all of our sins.

go to hotwheels-chan
go to /christian/
ask them

A: Admit that you're a sinner and that you've sinned
B: Believe fully in God, and His Son, Jesus Christ
C: Confess your sins to Jesus, asking Him to come into your heart, and Commit yourself to His teachings

Doesn't get any simpler than that

Criminals cannot become christians

lets just reopen christian general already

This is the Christian General

>Criminals cannot become christians
What?

But I've lost count of how many times I've answered this question, and I think the last time was even lead off by the same OP pic.

I don't mind answering the same question again when it comes up, but what's the point of a thread like this other than to be annoying to people who think it's off topic for Sup Forums?

Go to a Catholic church and ask the priest after the service

If you live in a shitty faithless country like I do though, you're kind of fucked. It was very hard to find my way in theology and most faith communities are cucked beyond belief.

Watch
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL22J3VaeABQD_IZs7y60I3lUrrFTzkpat

If you understand it you'll become an even better christian than most modern christians combined

enjoy.

Fuck you OP.

I'm a filthy Atheist and have been since like, 11 years old.
But lately, especially after watching a lot of Jordan Peterson's content, i'm feeling religious.

There was a time I couldn't conceive even for a moment that I could ever be religious because it just made no sense; science beat it in every way.

I never considered that Science and Religion are apples and oranges.

I've really considered just... walking into a church or something. Talking to someone there. But I don't know where to start.

Hi

All that is required for soul survival, is a faith in the heavenly father.

To continue onto the next step of your journey, you need to work towards soul purification.

Repent, Accept Jesus into your heart and ask him to fill you with the holy spirit, and provide you guidance in your life.

This feeling will grow until you do, good luck user

>I've really considered just... walking into a church or something
Just do it. Talking to a priest educated in theology is going to provide a much better introduction to the religion then anything on an anime imageboard.

It's literally as easy as just walking in to a church if you're a bit curious. A lot of them hold hours where people can just wander in as they please for whatever reason.

No harm no foul, basically.

>baptism
>eucharist
>penance
>confirmation

generally in that order

follow the commandments
have the faith of Jesus
read the bible
pray constantly

>How do I hold an irrational belief
Just turn off your brain bro

>I've really considered just... walking into a church or something. Talking to someone there. But I don't know where to start.
My idea is to do just that. Talk to someone there and shove Petersons' work in their face. See how they react and maybe start a chain reaction of reformation that ultimately could lead to the salvation and resque of western society.

Or just stick to my old habits of ignoring most people, accept humanity is fucked up and wait till death or the apocalypse.

Stop worrying so much. Be nice to people if you can. Include the bible in a compendium of esoteric study. Pay attention to what Jung and Campbell say about religiosity.

>i'm feeling religious
>basing your world view on feelz

Or accept my invitation to actually use that brain and watch Peterson's ongoing work.

All we have is feels, user.

Well Peterson is a heretic, so don't expect a warm welcome.

All you have to do is repent your sins in front of the lord and accept Jesus Christ as your lord and savior. Get baptized also, as this seals your covenant with god as you prepare to cleanse your soul as you've cleansed your body with holy water.

Better than getting your dick chopped off, or stoned to death for eating pork.

My world view in terms of Politics, Science, Technology and all that stuff hasn't changed.

This is more a case of acknowledging my right brain needs some nourishment as well as my left.
Honestly, i think it really started when i began exercising and dieting regularly. For a long time i had basically only ever focused on getting more intelligent, but when i started to get a lot fitter, it highlighted the 3rd and final part of me that was lacking, Mind and Body were fine, now i need a better Soul.

I will definitely watch that playlist when I have time, I don't know if it's gonna convince me about the existence of a God though, we shall see

Ask Christ for forgiveness for your sins and accept him into your heart. It's literally that easy.

Oh fuck off. Do you even go to church?

First off. You don't need to believe in god. He's just a circus attraction created to draw in a crowd in ancient times (and modern day america lol). Other pagan religions at the time explained everything from thunderstorms to floods and draught. They couldn't have competed without their own outlandish stories.

Christianity is about christian morals and values. Treat others like you would want to be treated. The 10 commandments. (Protestant) work ethic. Reliability, accountability, staying true to your word. Being fair, forgiving and charitable. Basic stuff really, just be a good guy and you can call yourself a christian.

To be fair, pagans weren't very good at writing things down. The Jews had whooped ass on pagans and other heathens in terms of writing things down.

You don't

First you need to get gay married, then let a dude fuck your husband while you watch.

Well, it's not about the existence of God in the litteral sense of some deity watching you, but more an explanation of how the biblical stories came to be from a psychological and evolutionary perspective.
A very open idea and perfect for people who, like me, have lost all sense of spirituality.

I guess this is the only subject I know that let's me use the trolly meme of 'really made me think'

I used to when I was a kid.

Peterson explains religion (basically) in terms of evolutionary psychology. That's rather heretical if you ask any Christian.

pidradio.com/what-must-i-do-to-be-saved/

Protestantism is shit

Yes and barely organized with very fragmented communities. But christianity has its roots in illiterate followers too. It doesn't matter how well a priest documents things if he can't draw in a crowd. People were desperate for explanations to things science at the time couldn't make sense of. Thus all the supernatural elements to spice up a story that's basically all about how to be a good neighbour. A good friend, partner, parent, worker, employer...

Everyday stuff is what's the real core of christianity.

>choose wisely
>accept credit card Jesus
>sin all you want
>follow pidradio step
>saved

There must be a way to call those same 'christians' they themselves are the true heretics.

Is not one of the commandments something about not creating an image of God? Everything christianity has done in the last centuries is nothing BUT creating an image of him.

Heretics!

Yeah. And I had never thought about that much until I almost minored in western music history. Writing stuff down and having priests to read to the illiterate masses was pretty yuge as an organizational concept. Similarly with establishing a legal system -- even now in the US it is accepted that even though no one person can possibly have read or understood all the laws, you're still expected to obey them all because they are publicly written down.

It's just too Jewish in that regard, which is why I think Jesus had the right idea trying to simplify things -- the core of it, as you say.

That's a rule in Islam, not Christianity.

so how do i get over the fact that god seems like an asshole?

Deal with it.

If it helps you can pretty much ignore the old testament as non-canon. That's what our christian church does anyway. Not that I care, never really been a fan of organized religion.

>be stupid
>be meek
>be gullible
>be tolerant
>be zealous
>don't respond to any argument unless it's with memes like "euphoric"

youtube.com/watch?v=EYQL0ENXLno

youtube.com/watch?v=lNtc6VQdkW4

youtube.com/watch?v=6uUdo7iV3EU

youtube.com/watch?v=X6VImxvDUAg

Read Luke 15:11-32. I used to be an atheist since I was 14 years old. God loves you, user.

Thanks for proving my point.

Go to your local Catholic parish and talk to the priest, he will tell you everything you need to know.

By hitting yourself on the head with something heavy until you're dumb enough

>go to a pagan temple
Catholics are cucks.

get in here, were reviving the trend

>Willingly blue pilling yourself from the worries and pain of life.

Stay cucked.

Less intelligent people have a tendency to be happier.
I don't care if it makes one more happy; you still have to be a gullible numbskull to sincerely believe its content. Unless, of course, you're a lightweight and prefer to think of it as "metaphorical", or just see its value in maintaining public morality. This benefit, however, doesn't negate the fact that you have to be doing some serious mental gymnastics to believe some of the shite in the Bible, especially in the Old Testament.

are you a burptist? :^)

This is a good point.

>your country is turning to shit because your secular population keeps getting cucked by the labour party

Look at how atheism has helped western Europe. Compare the U.S. political atmosphere to that of Europe, compare Poland to other European nations.

>especially the old testament
Good thing Christians do not follow Jewish laws or scriptures

No society has ever been successful without religion. There is a reason the west has gone down the tubes in the past 20 years, it's directly related to the rise of atheism. Islam is in the process of conquering the west because without our own religion we have no way of fighting back against it.

Completely irrelevant. You still have to believe in the tripe of the Old Testament like the Creation and Samson's MADGIK! hair, regardless of if you follow Leviticus.

"Yea, he who shoplifteth, and jaywalketh, and doth publicly urinate, he shall be cast into everlasting fire, and forgiveness shall not be his."

Matthew 12:5-7, KJV

>christcuck
>not reading his own "holy scripture"
>notsurprised.jpg

worship the king of the jews

I agree. It would be better if everybody believed in it, but it doesn't change the fact that you have to have a certain level of gullibility to truly believe in the stories of the Bible today.

> Labour gets kids to vote for them due to "Muh free Uni"
> Still not enough to get them anywhere near majority, but also stops conservative majority.
>Conservatives forced to make allience with the DUP.
>DUP anti-gay marriage, now as has the ball in their court
>Notjing labour can do.

Yeah, sure.

The Czech republic is even more atheist than the sweden and they are anti refugee.

The Church replaced Jews when the latter rejected Jesus.

> And Jesus stood before the governor: and the governor asked him, saying, Art thou the King of the Jews? And Jesus said unto him, Thou sayest.

Was Jesus not the best troll ever?

Only God could come up with this shit and do it for the lulz.

everyone is wrong. i have converted to christianity. what you want to do is Witness a miracle and feel the holy spirit so that you may be blessed with the faith it produces.

Contact an Evangelical and ask to meet, he will walk you through it. This is a powerful experience if you are doing it unironically. Then he will begin saying prayers over you and you will feel the spirit of god in your chest and body. And you will know this is no bs at that point.

You will feel like a happy kid again like when you were innocent, because the Lords blood washeth away sin. You come out a different man, all light like you've been carrying 20 punds of weight your whole life that you didnt even know - suddenly gone.

After that you will know that Jesus is the son of god and that he knows you now - because you took the time to check for yourself if he actually answers. Must be an anointed person and evangelicals are the top-tier christians they are militant in freeing people from their sins.

creationist spotted

>dismissing my point
You know atheists (as a whole) always vote in favor of left-wing policies. You can be delusional and make yourself believe that conservative or moderate atheist are common, but you have to be a moron to believe that. Just compare religiosity rates by European countries, and their hostility to other groups. It isn't difficult.

Since Christianity is already below the majority for the U.K., it won't be long before your based secular population delude themselves into supporting open borders. You are lucky that your younger (and less religious) population isn't as active in politics. When the old people die out, and younger individuals vote, expect to see Britain as a lost cause.

I'm not a creationist, idiot.

Swedish Christians still exist?

>Evangelical
oh well, better than nothing
Im happy that there are some based swedes left, if you are not ironic

His mother yes - but jews determine lineage through the mother. Christians look at who was the father, there Hebee Kikeberger. Father was God or just "I AM" not Jehova or any satanic shit

>Islam is in the process of conquering the west because without our own religion we have no way of fighting back against it.
>it's directly related to the rise of atheism.

And now we bring you a very special message from our atheist pope

catholicherald.co.uk/news/2016/10/13/pope-francis-you-cant-defend-christianity-by-being-against-refugees-and-other-religions/

protestantism contradict the early christians

Before becoming a Christian you have to warm up with other books first. Alice In Wonderland by Lewis Carroll is a good start. Aesop's Fables is another great recommendation.

kys, there is no god, religion is just an opiate for the the masses

Only evangelicals really are anointed to do spiritual warfare, wich is what defines a christian. Religion is making a biiig comeback right now - there is an awakening going on globally. Thousands of people every day get "saved" in every country.

I was initiated by an American brother over skype. He prayed over me and commanded the evil out, and i vomited and tons of liquid gunk poured out of my face. And i became "myself" for the first time in 15 years.

Jesus truly is a lovable spirit or god or whatever you call it. Think of god as just the OS to the computer of reality. Unseen but its there and responds to christians directing their will through it - healing things like cancer by prayer etc.
But be quiet goy or masta will punish us if we spread that bit of news.

Christians are more persecuted by the world that even nazis - whites hate their own christian tradition. Bible is the only morality we have. Without religion = Degeneracy without fail

im a theology student and trust me religions are not created equal. The other ones are garbage, Talmud is literally satanic and christianity is Real deal. its just that jesus wasnt a warrior messiah in the first coming, so people think he let the jews off light.

But he was just building a case (immortal remember, he wasnt actually killed)

>tons of liquid gunk poured out of my face
Could you elaborate on this?

I was baptized when I was young so technically I'm orthodox christian, but I don't believe in this bullshit anyway

Read the New testament, follow what you read there, nothing more. Don't follow fake bullshit added later, just do the things Jesus would do.

Lobotomy

Bap

read the New Testament of The Bible. Believe.

This

He's larping

D

Christian general thread

I Jesus hadnt come and confrented the jews 2000 years ago, and given his life for truth so that we may live free - we would be living in Pax Judea on planet Kike right now. Israel would be the only actual country that exists. We would live like australian bushmen in small townships and be paying sheckels to appease God-Emperor Kikenberger who would be seated in the holy messianic empire.

Jesus said "this is why you are not gods people but do the works of the devil".

If not for that paradigm shift in judais would be the unrivaled one world religion and we'd be assimilated to the borg and its all over.

Every fighting chance non jews have ever had comes from that singular historical event of jesus' crucifixion and proven divinity.

Christianity did this not atheism. However atheist are supposed to be about science but they aren't. Christians and leftist are a lot alike and its hilarious

G O
T O
C H U R CH

The internet is where religion goes to die, eeeeeidiot.
I admit, if we fall back into a life of barbarism, superstition and fuedalism, I agree, we will indeed see a rise in primitive superstitions like ghosts causing fires, or theres an alpha being that can TOTALLY do anything and HES REAL, we just can't show you in a way that would count as evidence, and YOU HAVE TO DO WHAT HE SAYS

seriously, KYS.
"Christianity is Real deal"
theres not a single fucking thing that you can produce right now to prove the legitimacy of your choice of religion having any more validity than a competing one, or one I just made up.

The bible is just a fucking book, an old one, and one that was edited and translated sometimes for reasons of political convenience.

Or perhaps, mister theological studies student, you think the devil Beelzebub has absolutely no linguistical connection to the Persian religion of Baal'Zebora, a rival cult from roughly the same geographic region and time period?

Theres not one fucking thing about the religions major claims that you can PROVE IS TRUE.

Thats why its an article of 'faith'. .. .. because you ain't got shit in the modern evidence department...

youtube.com/watch?v=97k4z6Qe7JM&t=18s

A Gospel presentation.

youtube.com/user/DrOakley1689
youtube.com/user/AominOrg
youtube.com/user/InspiringPhilosophy

Good channels for questions that have helped me greatly, although these are not what will make you a Christian. To anyone reading, repentance from sin, and believing in Christ alone for the forgiveness of sin is what brings about salvation. After that, a true faith will produce good works.