Is this even legal?

Is this even legal?
What should a president of the United States do in this situation?
Will we be needing more rope?

>breitbart.com/california/2017/06/07/jerry-brown-plays-president-signs-climate-deal-china/

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logan_Act
washingtontimes.com/news/2016/mar/3/nypd-stop-arresting-people-public-urination-alcoho/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Pretty sure this guy is gonna get his ass ripped apart.

No, it's not. It would have to go through the house, which would never go anywhere.

I would assume this is some PC bullshit. Brown probably wants to get reelected.

Hes just saying he'll work with china on enviromental issues, and it only affects his own state

Why do you care so much what states do now?

I can't wait to kick Brown out of office.

Commiefornia isn't dying fast enough

There is NO fucking way this is legal

international diplomacy is usually a federal thing

might be a stupid rule but that's the way it works

Dumb fucking gook, go read our constitution first, then talk about this. Until then shut your ugly fish face and observe.

>leftist shithole gets sold out to china

Good, Hillary would have done it to them anyways.

This desu, if California wants to fuck itself over who cares

The US Constitution prevents states from making treaties. Only the federal government can do that.
This is how states in the US act just before a civil war.

But instead of millions dying in a civil war wouldn't it be far wiser to just hang a few governors and mayors instead?

>he dislikes states rights untill it goes against his interest

It is legal and Brown is ineligible for reelection and basically you're fucking stupid.

Yeah,Sup Forums hates cali right? You might aswell sell them off to china, they clearly have no intrinsic value

Article 1 section 10 look it up.

negotiating with foreign powers was never a state right, dummy

This is illegal

Article 1 Section 10: No State shall, without the Consent of Congress, lay any duty of Tonnage, keep Troops, or Ships of War in time of Peace, enter into any Agreement or Compact with another State, or with a foreign Power, or engage in War, unless actually invaded, or in such imminent Danger as will not admit of delay.

Boom, roasted

Agreed they should just sell new york as well, /pol hates jews. Why would the US need Cali or NY, not like they make up 50% of our economy and all CEO towers and business hqs, international trade relations and government buildings xD

It's okay, we'll be getting Governor Kamala Harris next.

>implying liberal Californians are people

>California
>a shithole

Unless they secede

Which seems to be occuring lmao
Sup Forums should agree to get rid of washington and cali as states that way republicans would win forever ;^)

sighning a climate deal with the world largest polluter,and I ain't even talking about carbon,

It's not legal. But jerry brown can't run for reelection in 2018. So plan on more wacky shit.

>mfw California actually thinks China is looking out for California's interests and not just trying to hamstring a competitor.

Now post a picture of Compton.

secession isn't a state right either

I missed the part of the article where Jerry Brown declared war on China. Fucking dummy.

R U S H

A C T

He's going to get impeached.

States have no authority to deal with other countries, even if it only affects that state.

Now post a picture of you're shitty backwater burg. Oh, that's right, nobody ever cared to take one.

States can individually do what they want regarding the climate agreement just like they can do what they want with marijuana.

>enter into any agreement

What did China get out of this?

China doesn't have any other ideology beyond More Shit For China, and it serves them very well when dealing with emotional ideologues.

hmm....if its illegal it violates the Logan Act but one of the cornerstones, typically, is that the person is Unauthorized to make deals as a private citizen that undermine the current political desires of the active federal government.

I guess the question is whether or not someone representing a state can go make a "deal" with a foreign government for their state. At the heart of the Logan Act this is basically what it was designed to curtail, in fact it's pretty specifically setup to thwart opposition from doing this, but i'm not sure if that actually applies to a sitting Governor.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logan_Act

it can look nice but still be filled with shit people, hence shithole. fuck kid you are dense

>implying that the state of california vs the US marines based there would be anything but another slaughter / victory for the leathernecks
we already know the lefties are going to use the wetbacks to try some shit

stop pretending to be stupid

>California signs expensive, stupid climate deal with China
>California passes universal healthcare, even for illegals

Holy shit they're going to crash so fucking hard

This. Any succession attempt would get shut down really fucking quick. I doubt the California National Guard would even back the movement.

No it's not legal. U.S. Consitution - Article 1, Section 10 "No state shall without the consent of Congress,..., enter any AGREEMENT or COMPACT with another State, or with a FORIEGN POWER."

CIVIL WAR WHEN

>commiefornia wants to sudoku
>nooo we need to stop them

>just like they can do what they want with marijuana.
protip they actually can't

if he broke a law, he will get fucked for it.
Trump does not forgive
Trump does not forget

California is where rich people go to live and rich people are better than you in every conceivable way.

Whats stopping them? Trump is president, that was supposedly impossible according to the media. There are enough unhappy people who are willing to do drastic changes

What if we go into WW3 with China or Russia? What are we going to do with all the chinese-american and Russian American citizens? Put them in camps like they did to the japanese? You think we can get away with something like that just because we got away with it in the past?

China wants to sell more solar panels.

Also they want to reduce smog in their cities.

>unless they secede
Please

Article 1 - The Legislative Branch
Section 10 - Powers Prohibited of States

No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility.

No State shall, without the Consent of the Congress, lay any Imposts or Duties on Imports or Exports, except what may be absolutely necessary for executing it's inspection Laws: and the net Produce of all Duties and Imposts, laid by any State on Imports or Exports, shall be for the Use of the Treasury of the United States; and all such Laws shall be subject to the Revision and Controul of the Congress.

No State shall, without the Consent of Congress, lay any duty of Tonnage, keep Troops, or Ships of War in time of Peace, enter into any Agreement or Compact with another State, or with a foreign Power, or engage in War, unless actually invaded, or in such imminent Danger as will not admit of delay.

>ceding land or influence over your land
>ever

what are you a fucking pousy

>There are enough unhappy people who are willing to do drastic changes
nah, there are a lot of wetbacks and they will riot and shit and get put into camps along with antifa and black bloc and other agitators

This make it even more likely

states' rights faggot

CA politicians are obviously retards but I don't the agreement actually contravenes the constitution. It's probably some feel good bullshit that doesn't make a difference one way or another. That said, fuck him.

Nothing lasts forever.
A nigger state full of spics and leftists won't last.

Economic death spirals will only be the start of it, than its open season on stupid fucks like you.
>but at least have the constitution!

see

>what's stopping them
they will get stomped in a civil war
if you think the federal government will just let go of all the infrastructure it has built in CA you are insane
If you think the federal government will let CA secede when it has all kinds of federal military bases and hardware you are beyond insane
If you think the federal government will allow CA to set this sort of precedent for weakening federal power you probably are too stupid to breathe

>ceding land
>california becomes insolvent
>leadership removed
>state forcibly turned red
What part of cucknifornia committing financial suicide involves losing land?

>>he dislikes states rights untill it goes against his interest

No you fucking moron. It's unconstitutional because it supersedes a legitimate power of the federal government, and undermines the entire union.

The constitution is clear on this.

>Article 1, Section 10, clause 1
>No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility.

also

>Article 1, Section 10, clause 3
>No State shall, without the Consent of Congress, lay any Duty of Tonnage, keep Troops, or Ships of War in time of Peace, enter into any Agreement or Compact with another State, or with a foreign Power, or engage in War, unless actually invaded, or in such imminent Danger as will not admit of delay.

What governor moonbeam is doing with China is illegal. California can't conduct foreign policy or create trade agreements. Period.

>what are the enumerated powers
I'll give you a hint
it's everything that's not states rights

I man can dream

I really really really really really hope California tries to secede. Millions of lefties, niggers, and illegals will flock to the state to take advantage of their gibs and flee the "oppressive" American government, and then one of two things will happen:

A) The US will bitch slap the shit out of California and stop its secession or

B) The US will let California secede and their government and economy will promptly collapse because despite their high GDP they depend almost entirely on federal subsidies to maintain a lot of their industries and almost entirely on resources from neighboring states to maintain their utilities and agriculture.

>influence over land
If you allow CA to enter into agreements with foreign powers you are ceding influence over that land to the chinese

>It's probably some feel good bullshit that doesn't make a difference one way or another.

Just like the Paris agreement.

Liberals would never allow that to happen. And there are enough women that would feel bad for all those "innocent children and women" being put away if there really was a secession attempt happening. You need to remember california isnt just brown spics and niggers. There are tons of rich indians, gooks and chinks with white friends, jews, filipinos with white husbands etc commiefornia isn't like north dakota, you cant just shut down apes from chimping by using brute force

Fuck dixie inbreds

California is beautiful because it's run by liberals. Just like your shithole flyover state is a swamp living off our tax dollars because it's run by braindead conservashits.

>The US will let California secede
never happen

If they do where should i move goys

what's your point?

A crumbling economy in California hurts America. A traitorous government in CA invites foreign adversaries onto land that borders the mainland. They must be stopped.

What deals are you even talking about? There is no deal. They'll adopt an pants on head retarded economic policy and further fuck themselves.

Yeah because the 49 inferior states need us to pay their welfare.

You're cute. Got a grindr?

The US will never allow CA to secede peacefully
how fucking stupid are you

Article 1 section 10 expressly forbids states from entering into treaties.
>No State shall enter into any Treaty,...

He is committing literal treason.

Suck that chinese cock slave boy.

How are you illiterate in this day and age?

how stupid are you
the OP picture says
"JERRY BROWN SIGNS DEAL WITH CHINA"

Cut off cali, and we split.Also, we both purge niggers and finish what we should of been done years ago.

>What governor moonbeam is doing with China is illegal.
If your understanding of US law is correct, why has nobody in the Californian government pointed this out?

>mike p made the app
>top the list

I hope you degenerate scum are first to take a shower

oh yeah that's totally legit
you didn't even read it did you

Sure. The states are nations unto themselves, and are free to pass regulations and negotiate deals with other states.

There are some issues with interstate commerce (states generally can't burden it), but in principle, a state can do this.

I hope California does concede. Congress can be even more based and the Senate looses two cucks

>inbreeding

Why are all these beautiful liberal run states and cities decriminalizing public defecation?

washingtontimes.com/news/2016/mar/3/nypd-stop-arresting-people-public-urination-alcoho/

bro stop before you embarass yourself further

It's unconstitutional for non-federal officials to engage in any international relations.

Our governor is traitorous scum, I hope trump locks him up (along with pelosi, feinstein, and the other cronies)

>Sup Forums should agree to get rid of washington and cali as states that way republicans would win forever ;^)

>giving clay
>ever

I never defended New York. New York a shit.

what does it mean? Will California follow Chinese environmental politics now?

>If your understanding of US law is correct, why has nobody in the Californian government pointed this out?

Seriously? The california government is filled with libs. They don't care. But I expect any sort of lawsuit over the matter to have any "agreement" he makes stricken down. This is clearly unconstitutional. Doesn't even involve interpretation.

>It's unconstitutional for non-federal officials to engage in any international relations.
So why has the Republican-controlled federal government not stepped in to punish California? Does this suggest that maybe your understanding of the legal issues is actually flawed or incomplete?

>it is legal
wrong

I hope nancy pelosi gets gangraped by brown bears and than revenenented she's literally my half retarded grandmother. I would put them both in just to get pelosi raped by bears thats how much i hate her.
>this message has been approved by the God King himself