How to eliminate ivory poaching in two easy steps

>legalize and regulate international trade of ivory
>allow farmers to keep and breed elephants and rhinoceroses for their ivory

Why hasn't anyone thought of this?

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/southafrica/12173750/Why-the-worlds-largest-rhino-farmer-is-cutting-off-their-horns.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>breed elephants and rhinoceroses

>high upkeep

It's easy. Zoos literally do it all the time. American farmers are allowed to raise bison for their meet, why can't we allow similar farming of elephants and rhinos?

>Implying nobody would even try or develop a system for it.
>implying it wouldn't be as effective as breeding cows for meat and milk.
>implying nobody would be willing to invest for such a methodology.

I just had a brilliant idea. You guys know how panda bears are endangered?

I was thinking... what if we set up programs for zoos to keep and breed pandas, and that way we'd have more of them? Why hasn't anyone thought of this?

Elephants seem too intelligent to stay healthy while kept imprisoned in cut-rate living conditions.

Shut up leaf, this isn't about autistic raccoon wizard bears who don't like sex. Elephants have perfectly healthy sexual appetites. There is nothing stopping elephants from successfully breeding, therefore you can breed them for ivory and make poaching obsolete

if breeding elephants and rhinos
were easy they wouldnt be endangered

Could we fuck and torture these baby animals so their ivory is full of potent chemicals. We already fuck and torture babies...I hate this world

Vegainator is that you?

>Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

this is literally what they are trying to do but its all being defunded because too many faggots have feels and are on the war path with hunters.... turns out hunters are the biggest source of conservation effort and money that there is and nothing else even comes close.... strange right..... people just need to stfu about hunting and all this unicorn and rainbow view of life shit.... LITERALLY WHAT THE FUCK HUNTERS HAVE BEEN TRYING TO DO!!! for fucks sake i need a god damn beer

>expecting black people to farm large animals.

I don't know user, please tell me why?

>Muh hunters were the good guys all along.

get fucked sideways big game asshole.

Who exactly gives a fuck about elephants?

It wasn't easy to farm cows or chickens when banditos would try and steal/kill them on a weekly basis. but farmers found a way, they trained dogs, they developed breeding methods when science progressed, they even have camera's and motion sensors on some farms now. it's no longer impossible to cage an elephant and it's also not impossible to introduce two elephants into the same area. finally you act like it's impossible to milk an elephant and throw the spunk into a female one. we have the technology for all of this, why do you think we have almost as many cows as people on this planet?

A few years ago a bunch of farmers and ranchers in SA approached the government with a pan to breed white(?) rhinos but were denied permission or maybe funding idk) to do it.

I don't see you paying for those elephant tags.

>insult.
>not an argument.
give one reason a hunter would knowingly hunt an animal to extinction when that would mean they wouldn't ever be able to hunt it again?

or

Demonstrate that hunting groups that advocate for ensuring the survival of a species have all been all talk and no action.

or

come up with a solution to the problem of endangerment and then hunting would never be a problem.

No one is going to keep elephants. They're to dangerous.

stay ignorant user

>A few years ago a bunch of farmers and ranchers in SA approached the government with a pan to breed white(?) rhinos but were denied permission or maybe funding idk) to do it

if this is the same south African government that is currently advocating for genociding white's living in Africa than why should we be surprised?

Also, impale poachers on that ivory thingy.

Kill all insect chinks.

>rare
>digits
Have a (you)

European and American companies can buy land and licensing to operate in Africa and breed animals

How to eliminate ivory poaching in two easy steps:
>kill niggers
>kill chinks

telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/southafrica/12173750/Why-the-worlds-largest-rhino-farmer-is-cutting-off-their-horns.html

>

Ehhhh, elephants are wayy smarter than a lot of animals. I mean wayy smarter, like mourn the deaths of humans smart.

So I don't think it would be a good idea to farm them for any reason whatsoever, as they're classified as semi-sentient. So you shouldn't do this for the same reason you shouldn't farm chimps, or some other way the shit out the animal.

Could you define what constitutes an insect chink?

Because I personally think Japs are alright.

Uhh have you read Germs, Guns, and Steal yet sweaty? Rhinos and elephants can't be domesticated. It's impossible.

This

breed and slaughter an animal with an average IQ of 90 for material gain

HUMANITY YES

gestation period for elephants is 2 years.

There are two possible answers to the illegal ivory trade:

1. Stop China's demand for Ivory
2. Supply China's demand for Ivory legally

Number one is basically impossible because Ivory is either a status/wealth symbol or medicinal in the case of rhinos. The more illegal it gets, the more expensive it gets, the more exclusive it gets, the more China's growing upper class will want it.

Number two is complicated as well because the Chinese actually advertise their ivory in stores as 'Congo Blood Ivory' or something along those line. They actually like the illegal nature of it, knowing endangered animals were slaughtered for them to have it. Again, its a status symbol in a society without morals - they don't care.

No way elephants are smarter than niggers

Why not just take over Africa and kill all the niggers. We can solve aids, world hunger, and overpopulation.

This nigga gets it.

because the only solution is to kill all the niggers.

>slaughter
you don't have to kill them to get the ivory, retard.
park rangers saw the tusks off to deter poachers all the time.

poachers kill the animal first because it's easier and they don't give a fuck about it going extinct.

Just get the millions of tusks buried in the siberian ice from mammoths. Looks better too.

Maybe, just maybe, now that the enviroment and nature protection are a thing, they feel the social need to justify their shit more properly, but they already hunted several species to extinction.

Because niggers and chinks are retarded jungle monkies that don't understand if you keep killing all the animals before they can breed enough to maintain their population, they die and go extinct?

>muh boner powder, I will get as much as I can as soon as possible
>where did all the rhinos go? I thought they were endless.

Because elephants and rhinoceroses are very slow to mature and difficult to breed. Even top zoos have trouble doing it. Additionally, tusks and horns are very slow growing; about 7" a year for elephants. You'd need to keep the animals for many years to have something worth selling

The cost to farm them would far outweigh the revenue. By creating a legitimate market for elephant and rhino products, you would also make it easier for (much more cheaply obtained) poached products to be passed off as farmed products.

>muh free market
is not the solution to everything

>Implying the problem isn't 100% about financial viability

Elephants take 2 years to gestate and around 14 years to reach sexual maturity.

That's totally viable for a long-term business, but not at all for black-market breeding, and very expensive for a nonprofit to attempt.

It only makes sense for the ivory, since you get so little meat out of the elephant. They're ~12000 pounds at adulthood, vs a cow's ~2000. Cows can give birth by the time they're 2 years old.

So, you have ~2 year turnaround for 2000 pounds, or 16 years for 12000 pounds per animal. That shows the growth rate by weight is approximately 75% slower for elephants vs cows over their lives.

That's easily offset by the ivory, of course, but only if the market stays strong. If ivory becomes the next plastic, then it's not viable at all long-term.

My takeaway is that you need a welcoming market for elephant breeding to be profitable, otherwise you just can't make money with all the losses from theft, anti-poaching, etc. It's much easier to just groom an area for elephants to live in that you occasionally poach, even though you can't scale it up very well.

Just like the drug market, they want to keep the illegal market for reasons.

This idea has some merit. Also kill the black mamba.