You could buy a Big Mac for 99 cents back in the 80s

You could buy a Big Mac for 99 cents back in the 80s.

Today a Big Mac costs $6.

What happened?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zJs9p-VNORw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

cus illegals, niggers & gen Yers wanted higher wages in their no-skilled/low-skilled jobs.

Inflation wasn't over 10% a year since 1991.

Food prices, health care and college education (subsidized shit) go up higher than inflation.

(((inflation)))

and don't get me started on apartment rent, esp in CA (worse in LA and SF) and NYC metro area.

THE RENT IS TOO DAMN HIGH NAO

Wages are lower than they were 20-60 years ago.

You could buy a McDouble for 99 cents in 2007. It was $2.65 by 2009.

i thought double cheeseburgers were a dollar each back then.

The cost of living increases as a result of interest on debt issued by a nation's currency supplier.

Because from the moment that the first loan is charged interest, it demands more money than exists in circulation.

Hence, more money must be printed, and loaned out, with interest, and so prices slowly (or sometimes rapidly) rise as people attempt to pay off their debts before the currency collapses.

I have it distinctly in my mind because they were a buck apiece during the last time I took leave, and $2.65 when I returned to the states for good.

Royale with cheese nigga!

Double cheeseburgers were, Big Macs cost more. The lettuce, sliced onions, and third piece of bread drove the price up.

You once could just ask for Big Mac sauce on a double cheeseburger, and forgo the lettuce and third piece of bread, and who gives a fuck about whether the onions are minced or sliced, and get yourself a 1 dollar Big Mac. Now you could do it with a McDouble today, if you're willing to lose a piece of cheese.

It's $3.99 you twit.

inflation and increased standards for McDonald's meat products

>What happened?

jews

No, dumbass, the Royale with Cheese was what they called the Quarter Pounder, because of the metric system. The Big Mac was Le Big Mac.

Jesus Christ, use a fucking proxy if you're going to flaunt your burger ignorance, you shame our flag.

>What happened?
Diabetes.

Do dollar menus even exist anymore? They're called "value menu", that's how I know the dollar is going to shit.

Wendy's is where you need to set up base when The Great Happening occurs.

Jews

>You could buy a McDouble for 99 cents in 2007. It was $2.65 by 2009.
Thanks Obama

be happy faggot, in zimbabwe a big mac costs $100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 dindudollars

>implying their printed money buys anything
You have to buy a Big Mac with gold in Zimbabwe.

and i was still trying to get my friends (employees) to stuff the bag and charge me for a coke

it's $1.49 now, two for $2.50

>what is inflation

They'll charge whatever people are willing to pay

No gold standard, and money printing.

Where does a Big Mac cost you $6?

Jesus Christ, don't use your faggot Reddit spacing when trying to insult anyone here, nigger lips.

I made $ 3.30 an hour in high schoolto fry chicken in 86. That was minimum wage basically....I made 30k my first year after college at a brokerage house in 91...I tell my kids play it smart...It's much tougher now and I plan on living a long fucking time..

>WHAT IS INFLATION

MIDF

tf is Orangeade? Sounds fucking tasty.

everything was more expensive when the housing market crashed, inflation was a bitch during that era.

Btw this isn't related to this post but does anyone else get headaches from Mcdonald's food?

>1972 was 45 years ago

>You could buy a Big Mac for 99 cents back in the 80s.
>Today a Big Mac costs $6.
>What happened?
Tax cuts for the rich by Reagan and GW Bush.

I think it was either the precursor to or replaced by Orance Hi-C, which they just god rid of

You're funny.
I'll jew you last

Big Macs are smaller now too... obviously you can buy the thinner big mac, or the larger, but the regular big mac still smaller

I remember when a big mac was 55 cents.

>Tax cuts for the rich by Reagan and GW Bush.
not a big math student, eh?

>le reddit spacing meme

Congratulations, newfag, you've fallen for a shareblue shill tactic and internalized it. Good show.

inflation calc says that a big mac should only be $2.29. WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED NIGGERS

I used to buy them for $.35 back in the day.

Thankfully I stopped eating them and lost 220 lbs...now I'm as gorgeous as Rebel Wilson

It's delicious. My family's restaurant still sells the stuff homemade

>Tax cuts for the rich by Reagan and GW Bush.
If only we had 2 sitting Democratic presidents since then that could've reversed those tax cuts by the CIS White male Republicans. I guess we'll never know...

What happened to the McPick 2 for 5?

You know lemonade? It's like that, but oranges.

Dont worry , the new global Bancor currency gets the rollout on 6/12.
FRN ' s are so last century.

Wait, what the fuck? A Big Mac costs $6 now?

portions were smaller back then though. Americans these days eat an unbelievable amount of food, most of it junk

>Thankfully I stopped eating them and lost 220 lbs...now I'm as gorgeous as Rebel Wilson
My God, you sound fucking beautiful user

It was a temporary promotion, and now it's ended.

I still dont get how theres a Wendys in fucking El Salvador but none in Europe

No, OP is just dumb like the rest of Sup Forums.

Quater pounder is still a quater of a pound brah.

you know damn well what happened. Even (((Google))) is based when you search for it.

This is now a merchant thread

Obama wasn't sworn in until 2009
You only have Bush to blame.

>Government issues bonds indefinitely to spend money it doesn't have
>Federal Reserve expands money supply indefinitely to back up bonds
>Prices predictably rise
>muh Republican tax cuts did it
Myopic assessment at best, lurk more

Wendy's is so much better than McDonald's too...

Same proportion as (((stock market))) gains.

$1 coffee alone makes McDonald's the best fast food place

>You could buy a McDouble for 99 cents in 2007. It was $2.65 by 2009.

>Obama wasn't sworn in until 2009
>You only have Bush to blame.
Ok, that makes sense.

Hey, did you hear that? I think someone is outside your window. Or maybe they're already inside. Have you checked your attic lately?

For real? Sometimes, I think I'd really love to have a Big Mac or a Quarter Pounder with cheese, but I don't think I could bring myself to eat it. (God Only KNOWS what's in that meat.)

When I was a senior in high school, there used to be coupons in the school paper for 55 cent Big Macs all the time.

You could get a really great burger for 6 bucks or less. Who would spend that much on a Big Mac?

Only been in a McDonald's once. It was in Connecticut Amerika and just to take a piss.

Wendy's food prices went through the roof.

Used to get a single combo for like $4.00, now it's like $7+
They got stupid

That makes sense.

Mcdonald's fries used to be pretty good, back when they were cooked in lard. There's hardly any reason to eat fast food anymore, you can get healthier stuff for basically the same price.

>Only been in a McDonald's once. It was in Connecticut Amerika and just to take a piss.
They have very clean bathrooms. My buddy shit one up just today. That was the only reason we went there, so he could dump his bowels into the shit bowl. Highly recommend shitting there, 9/10, would shit again.

Need more merchants

I think it's about time to call Israel out on their double standards. I mean, it's really, really about time we do that. Or they will get away not taking any muslim refugees.

they lowered the price of cokes and a few items oń the menu and they raised the shit out of a lot of other stuff. god i want a beeg mac now

with a $1.60 minimum wage.

yeah but super size wasnt around in the 80s

The reason why there are so many poor fat people proves your point is incorrect.

back then you could pay your own way through a public university with a part time job

No, no, you've got the timeline a bit muddled. Portions were much smaller at one time, but by the 1972 when that pic was taken they had come into line with what we're now familiar with. The large fry on that price board would have been about 5.9 ounces, same as today, and the Big Mac would have come in at the same weight it does today. The Quarter Pounder, obviously, would weigh as much as it currently does, about 4 oz.

McDonald's was actually the pioneer of expanding portion sizes. The Big Mac became such an icon because at the time of its debut no major chains sold double cheeseburgers, it was an innovation; and the large fry was another envelope-pusher, marketed with the sole purposes of allowing customers to order more fries without having to deal with the shame of ordering multiple units. It sounds stupid today, but it worked. By 1972 all of this was in full swing, the serving sizes were pretty much codified at volumes we order today.

Soda is the exception, beverages are what got larger in recent memory. We drink too much damn soda, and that's a large part of what's making us fat and giving us diabetes.

Jack in the box is where it's at now. They really made a huge comeback with their BBQ bacon burger. Delicious as fuck. Big Mac tastes like old socks in a bun compared to that. I also recommend IN-N-OUT (although I think they are only here on the west coast)

Big bank reworks every 100 years or so, early 1800's Bank of United States, 1913 ((( Private ))) Federal Reserve created. 2017 .. right on time.

The food was $6 long before employees demanded increased wages. And inflation is a whole lot of BS excuses to raise prices.

the only good thing to come from california to texas. Califags stay out.

McDonald on the way to my house had BigMacs on the 2 for $5 menu last fall, shit was cash.

I drank orange hi c at mcdonalds like a week ago

ya'll niggas don't even remember .39 cent cheeseburger day

Texas will be California 2.0 within 20 years

with prices like that though you could afford living on $1.60 min wage

>eating high fructose corn syrup

Inflation is a natural readjustment of value over time. Different values need to grow and shrink and inflation is sort of like a scaling or normalization factor as new values are added or old ones removed and the rest re proportioned.

15 dollars an hour to forget to put half the shit you ask for on your burger goyem. reminds me of my favorite scene
youtube.com/watch?v=zJs9p-VNORw

>You could buy a Big Mac for 99 cents back in the 80s.
you could up into the 2000s
>What happened?
You can buy fast food with foodstamps now

Kikes

>fast food with EBT

Man, I remember when there used to be strict rules about that shit.

inflation