Redpill me on

redpill me on the priesthood Sup Forums. im sick of the nihilistic life. and im going to become a catholic priest. im already in my 30s and i don't frankly really believe in catholicism, the catholic god, or the virgin mary, or any of that stuff. i've had gay experiences. im not going to give up up sex with women or men. i'll just keep it on the DL. my politics are far-right-wing. im racist and i love mr hitler.

INB4 "hurrr durrrrrr fucking boys". no.

i am a flagrant unrepentant sinner though.

i want a life of relative comfort and ease where i can concern myself with spiritual matters. plus have always been mysteriously drawn to churches / catholic opulence.

i am genuinely obsessed by the search for spiritual "truth" or "meaning".

im willing to go ungay for the priesthood, but im still going to need to bang women. will i get away with it? will 20-something churchbabes be drawn to my little white collar? will i be exposed to "forbidden" knowledge that the church hides from plebs? advice? anyone know what to expect??

i do feel something deep down inside myself that tells me there is no other path for me, genuinely. i mean that part from the very depths of my soul. but im not following all of those gay fucking rules, period :(

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Friday_Devotion
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiritual_dryness
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i notice above i fucked up. said i wouldn't give up the gay sex. i'll give up the gay sex Sup Forums, but im not giving up the straight sex. why should i anyhow??

weak bait. Fuck off.

if you only had any clue just how NOT bait this is, i wonder what you'd say

I'd say, "really truly and utterly fuck off" No one cares about your masturbatory search for meaning, don't exploit a system that nessitates sincerity for its efficacy for your own idle pursuit of purpose.

Become a protestant minister if you want to make your own creed.

is it possible that you just have a naive idea of the world??

go be a jesuit
cause u sound like one

Here's hoping. Doesn't mean the martyrs, saints, mystics, and theologians through history were insincere in their belief.

im not insincere in a belief of some sort, and im not insincere in feeling a strong spiritual calling to the catholic priesthood. i believe in a "good" vs "evil". i believe in a "god" and a "satan". i believe in demons and all of that crazy shit. i just don't agree with alot of the controlling bullshit and i don't see why i can't bone, so i will continue to do so :(

Disgusting faggot.

>Become episcopalian minister
>Marry a woman
>Convert to catholicism
>Be catholic priest with wife

Totally legal, totally within the rules. Cathocucks who don't do this clearly aren't the brightest bulbs in the shed, or were touched by their priest too many times to think straight.

good. thanks dude. didn't know about this path. excellent. now this is the sort of shit i expect from Sup Forums! this is why i make threads like this!

marriage seems almost as bad as celibacy to me personally but you know, this is exactly the sort of system-gaming im looking for!

thanks bro!

>INB4 "hurrr durrrrrr fucking boys". no.
Then you are unfit to become catholic priest. Try becoming Orthodox priest instead, if you are married you are allowed to keep your wife. That's why you dont hear about Orthodox priests fucking little boys.

Then do some personal due diligence and at least investigate the reasoning behind the various aspects of theology or canon law, if your calling to this particular form of christianity is drawing you. You view it as arbitrary, yet it isn't, most especially in terms of theology, the Eucharist, the nature of Christ, etc.

You need faith first. You wouldn't be able to bear the job without God's help. Being a priest is being dedicated to God 24/7, it's a job unlike any other.

Whatever you choose it's best to choose based on really sincere thoughts.

Dont be a priest. Go to a seminary and learn to be a protestant pastor. Catholicism is not true Christianity.

You're stupid

yeah it's weird you're right sort of. i know a lot of the differences between the sects and i know a decent amount about catholic theology specifically.

but yeah, you're right. it's all arbitrary to me. i have a voice speaking to me deep down in my soul that says "become a catholic priest". and genuinely that same voice tells me that i need to do good or some kind of service to a higher power there. that's the truth. that same voice doesn't tell me i need to punish myself or give up things i enjoy though. don't know what to say about that,

i agree that it's not true christianity lol, it's such a corrupt and shitty church. like i said in other places in this thread though. it's a calling i feel specifically to the catholic priesthood, can't explain it :(

No one is expecting you to be perfect, that defeats the point of asking humans to participate in the office. The unrepentance and vanity in assuming you can be exempted from the rules is a worse issue. It literally would be better for you to at least concede your won weakness and struggle with them to simply view the action of celibacy as ruse. There are, as others have mentioned, a few fairly rare exceptions to celibacy in the Church.
Why catholicism though? The trappings? Don't get me wrong, its the True Church and all, but if you don't agree with the theology, why not pick any other denomination?

Also you cannot in all sincerity believing preying on chicks using a priest collar is answering a higher calling.

>The unrepentance and vanity in assuming you can be exempted from the rules is a worse issue.

hehehe it's true. this is really how i think. this is why im not a catholic. i don't really believe in all of this bad stuff about vanity and unrepentance and whatnot. i mean i am literally not a catholic at all and the entire theology of self-hatred disgusts me.

>Why catholicism though? The trappings? Don't get me wrong, its the True Church and all, but if you don't agree with the theology, why not pick any other denomination?

yeah that's the part that concerns why i made this thread to begin with. i can't explain it but i feel like god is speaking to me to become a catholic church or something. i feel the deepest, most genuine spiritual draw to the catholic priesthood. i swear that part is true. i do believe in all of the mythology "god" vs "devil" and "demons" and shit. like i believe that shit literally and implicitly, without question. but basically don't believe any of the other nonsense. like rosaries or hail marys or commandments or "sins" or even crosses really.

>Also you cannot in all sincerity believing preying on chicks using a priest collar is answering a higher calling.

no but its definitely a bonus i promise you im %1000 serious lmfao

I know actual, holy, pious people who were turned away from the priesthood for not having the right stuff.

There is no way on earth you would ever make it past the whole screening and questioning process.

The Church may gripe about there being a priest shortage, but it is no where near the point where they are going to start letting any idiot who asks into the seminary.

Don't become a priest.
Study. Try Edward Feser as a starter author if you're interested in meaning.

oh really? so i guess all of those legit boyfuckers were all super pious, genuine holy men, or else they would have been turned away too, right?!

no way man, this is going to be easy i am sure of it. religious people are rubes and easily fooled. i will pretend to be a 100% catholic who bought every word of the bible hook line and sinker

You're fucked, m8.

convince me to go to church today

>yeah that's the part that concerns why i made this thread to begin with. i can't explain it but i feel like god is speaking to me to become a catholic church or something. i feel the deepest, most genuine spiritual draw to the catholic priesthood. i swear that part is true. i do believe in all of the mythology "god" vs "devil" and "demons" and shit. like i believe that shit literally and implicitly, without question. but basically don't believe any of the other nonsense. like rosaries or hail marys or commandments or "sins" or even crosses really.
Then you don't believe in Catholicism. and in light of
>no but its definitely a bonus i promise you im %1000 serious lmfao
>hehehe it's true. this is really how i think. this is why im not a catholic. i don't really believe in all of this bad stuff about vanity and unrepentance and whatnot. i mean i am literally not a catholic at all and the entire theology of self-hatred disgusts me.
perhaps it ain't God speaking to you?

Go to church today.

these two based individuals command you.

I remain unconvinced

You're going to be fucking unmade by some angry irish priest.

Seriously, you better stop before you literally get beaten to a pulp by some angry irishman named father o'leary or something. This is not some "invent-a-church" for personal gain evangelism. This is a religion with 2000 years of background.

At the very best, they will find out your indiscretion and you will be thrown out of the church in shame. This is assuming you even make it into seminary: which I know for a fact you wont. Nice bait.

its definitely god. do you think there are no holy men outside of the catholic church? do you think "the holy spirit" doesn't live in anyone else in the world other than in people who were born into catholic families and practice that particular faith? it's a silly idea.

what about all of the people who lived before the catholic church? before the bible was written? or when it was written but not widely disseminated. i guess those people were fucked? i guess none of them had "holy people" who could commune with the higher power of the universe, right?

i think you should wake up and rethink some of the rigidity here. i mean, no offense. you seem like a cool dude and all. you seem like a nice dude. i appreciate your advice here. you seem like a decent person who really wants to do what is right. but this idea is just not right. it just patently and clearly is not right.

but nonetheless, the voice i feel deep within my spirit that guides me tells me to join the catholic priesthood specifically. i really don't care for catholicism in general nor do i care for their rules, but i will follow the voice deep within my spirit and i WILL actually do this and follow through with it :(

>stop before you literally get beaten to a pulp by some angry irishman named father o'leary or something

this is an amusing thought

The sacrament is plainly good for you, as is the grace from the scripture. I'm not going to try to plead with you to accept grace. If you need strong argumentation to get you up for bettering yourself then I can't say you're suited for the sacrament currently.

Get your shit together, whether you go to church today or not.

Sexual abuse within catholic institutions were actually more rare than secular childcare and schooling institutions during the 60's and 70's.

The only reason why sex abuse in the Catholic church is a meme is because the Catholic church kept such detailed records about the movement of the clergy, they were able to catch and prosecute far more offenders. It only seemed like there was more abuse in the church.

And yeah. i don't think you fully understand what goes in to becoming a priest. You don't walk in, apply, study for a few months, and get a place to live after that.

Before you even get into the seminary, you need to spend a lot of time living in religious communities, being interrogated, being evaluated, participating in the community etc. Once you are in the seminary, it involves several years of studying. That is only if you already hold a bachelors in something, otherwise its longer.

It really sounds to me like you wouldn't be able to do it.
But if you think you can, go for it.

I've been going for a bit over the past two months, but ever since the first time I've been slightly less determined. Today I woke up and can't think of any reason to go. It's strange. I've been asking for help in having faith every time I pray but it's not working at all

im well aware at this point of what it takes to become a priest.

as far as the abuse is concerned, youre revealing your own insecurity about the issue. you're tlaking about how widespread it is, i didn't mention anything about that. i only mentioned that those priests were obviously able to get through "the screening process" despite clearly being some pretty bad dude IMO. and here i am, at the very least, a genuine soul, genuinely acting in faith of some sort, to serve humanity and make the world a better and more spiritual place. i think i'll be fine.

also i could be wrong but if i remember right the catholic church did specifically cover up a lot of those abuse scandals, did they not??

Can't really help you with the gay thing, or the rules things (don't know them all myself) but if you're going to become a priest or even just the holy life - know that you will have to allow Christ to live in YOU (and make of that what you will).

> I don't believe in God

Go to your nearest Catholic Church and pray before a Eucharistic Adorition (or just a statue or image of Jesus), friend, and pray just ONE PRAYER and you'll get full 100% proof of God through his son, Jesus Christ.
And when things happen (and they will) remember that it was a I who told you this specific command - and pray for me then. I'll pray for you right now, hope it goes well with your decision!

Knock and it shall be opened - but you have to knock!
Seek and you shall find - but you have to seek!

Also, if you want to somewhat maximise your holy life I highly suggest attending the First Friday Masses from now on. Attend the mass of the first Friday of nine consecutive months and Jesus will be with you on the hour of your death
(plus extra cute blessings, yay!)

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Friday_Devotion

Get right with God today - in ALL fields if possible. Most progress probably doesn't change overnight, but as long as you keep praying - AND going to the masses and eucheristic adoritions then God will naturally flow through you. Like Ebb and flow, in and out.

So start with the first prayer, mister, and try something that aches you in your heart and God will make himself known to you all the more clearer (in my experience anyway.)

HOSSANAH IN THE HIGHEST!
BLESSED IS HE WHO COMES IN THE NAME OF THE LORD!

HOSSANAH IN THE HIGHEST!!!!

>i don't frankly really believe in catholicism
*inhales*
*folds hands*
Goy.

> "the holy spirit" doesn't live in anyone else in the world other than in people who were born into catholic families and practice that particular faith? it's a silly idea.
No one is arguing that people cannot have some vague graspings of the truth, the difference is the whole truth currently exists and is available, and you are actively attempting to undermine it.

>what about all of the people who lived before the catholic church? before the bible was written?
harrowing of hell, user
>or when it was written but not widely disseminated.
A moot point. The truth now exists, and is available. As for our ancestors, I hope for mercy, which we are expected to do, but whom God's damns is unknowable.
>i think you should wake up and rethink some of the rigidity here
there is a difference between rigidity and humility. I am not covering my ears and denying a though conjured up a minute ago. Its Church possessing 2000 years of internally consistent theology, one in which I am only an exceedingly small part. To look at a Church that God set up, and preserved, and say, "I must have some insight to add that no one else up to this point could muster" is instilling in oneself a supreme pride. Moreover, your own argument lack constancy, as if God is concerned with the salvation of man, He would not give Him an incomplete church, which is what you are arguing by saying their is necessary truth left off the table.

I've met a few people who got into seminar and left halfway through, if you don't have a real vocation they will know and will strongly encourage you to fuck off

I don't think you'll fool them easily either

good lord man, maybe "the lord" is telling me to become a catholic church so i can stop people from thinking the way you do :(

Spiritual dryness is common. I think of it in this sense, If any point you believed in the past, and if you hope your faith will be strengthened in the future, then your current, frustrated self is doing them a favor by attending.

catholic priest i mean. i mean, you know whati mean

the op is canadian using a proxy

sage

ive got to go to bed everyone, thank you for the replies, will check this thread in the morning probably

I appreciate your help user, but I don't think I'll go today. I need to think about this. I feel like if I went I would just be pretending. Perhaps I will start reading the life of St Ignatius soon, I've been meaning to for a little while.

Engage yourself in it.

Many just recite words and follow the script but the script exists so you know the form to emulate yourself towards. It's effectively a practice to greater worship and action: When it asks you to remember your sins and ask forgiveness, take the energy to actually do so. When you say the Our Father take the time to understand what you're saying and live it rather than say it.

And do remember the concept of a Dark Night of the Soul - "Spiritual dryness".

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiritual_dryness

It is a preparation for a greater spiritual life.

I do not wish to assume that is what is going on with you but it could be and hopefully you can wrestle through whatever is happening with you.
Regardless, I'm holding by what I said and not going to plead with you. It's your life, m8.

I think about you in during Mass today, then, user.

N-no homo.

Since when has "canadian using a proxy" been a synonym for a baitposting faggot?

absolutely sinful if it's homo, but I really appreciate it if you really will consider me in your prayers, especially since I'm an user on a mongolian basket weaving board

thanks, user

>I feel like if I went I would just be pretending

Ah yes. Satan's favourite trick.
I'm very familiar with that one. Fell for it for many years until I pushed through it.

Whenever we are near anything good or holy, we always have that whispering trying to turn us away from it. Just defy it.