$45,279 of $100,000 per month

>$45,279 of $100,000 per month
>The sky's the limit. I am now starting to formalize my plans to bring accredited online humanities education to as many people as possible around the world. My colleagues and I (who include excellent engineers, programmers, financiers and educators) want to take the humanities back from the corrupt postmodernists, and offer education of the highest possible quality everywhere at 1/10 the price or less. We'll solve the accreditation problem as well, offering degree-equivalents with real psychometric value: best student in 10000; best in 1000; best in 100; best in 10; best in 5 (and no certification granted below that). We want to automate and crowdsource the problem of teaching people to write. We want to set up the courses so that (1) the content itself is constantly graded and improved and (2) the same goes for the accreditation process. We'll start with the humanities, including history, generating something approximately a four year liberal arts college degree, teaching people how to be responsible, literate, effective, powerful, confident citizens. We want to conduct real research into how people learn (and how they learn fast) and use the results of that research to make education better. It's high time for the humanities of the new millenium.
where were you when this madmen will single-handily save universities.

bump

my god he's actually going to do it

also
>next target is over a million Canadian dollarydoos a year
>he'll probably get there eventually

>online humanities education
>no certification granted below that
>1/10 the price or less

This sounds like the beginning of a scam.

Unaccredited humanities degrees are even more worthless than current humanities degree.

Listen, it's OK to respect this guy's philosophy; but be careful. Now that he's famous he's gonna get greedy.

why not aim for the stars? the worst thing that could happen is things stay as shitty as they are right now

this guy saw the market and is now cashing in. Good for him, just be careful that maybe whatever originality he had at the beginning will be smothered by an over inflated ego from his groupies

Ive seen him talking about it, very ambitious.
This man can make the evolution of education happen. Fuck greedy indoctrination centers that colleges have become, bring education to the new age.

that's because you look it from an economic value and not from a personal one. this will be something you do because you want to be the best person you can be and not because you have a paper that says "yes you sat through 10000 hours of feminist studies" and might get you a job. it will be his self authoring program on speed.

he was pushed into it, dumbo. he makes the best out of his situation.

If he really wants things to change he would advocate for the Western Canon within already accredited universities. There's a lot of small schools looking for a niche; classical education could be their niche. Accreditation is important for a school. He should know better than to do this. He's not aiming for the stars. He's just pointing at them. Come on, an unaccredited online university?

He saw the power of universally accessible online education.

I see your point. But, if it is for personal gain just read the material yourself. You can also read commentary on the material. After all,if the gain is personal (subjective) why would you need a professor (objective).

to improve yourself. a mentor is a really nice thing

>He saw the power of universally accessible online education.
That's my concern

You may be able to study all by yourself but you have to understand that this is a talent that many don't possess. Having a teacher or any kind of an educational system can help many people who are less capable or less confident in their abilities than you.

He could probably make more money teaching as a professor with little to no extra work. He used to work at Harvard and now teaches at the U of T which mean she has a 6 figure salary already. Very unlikely he's doing this for the money. He's far too philosophically motivated.

JBP is the savior of western civilization.
I knew when I discovered his lectures on YouTube five years ago that he was something special but the last six months have been a wild ride.

>Come on, an unaccredited online university?

He's out to set the new high standard.

Given a choice between a rainbow warrior from a standard brainwashing school or a Peterson Academy student, I'd take the peterson guy.

Even at 1/10 the cost of current degrees, that's a lot of money for a mentor.

In ancient times, universities, like the lyceum, were created because books were very expensive. It was rare for individuals to own them. So students would pay for "book co-ops" called libraries, so that more people could have access. Since not everyone could check out a book at once, the students would pay someone (often times the author) to read from the book. And that's how professors and universities got started. By the time the Gutenberg Press came around, the university system was so ingrained that no one thought to get rid of it.

Sometimes all you need is a book. It can be your mentor.

The entire point of Universities is to teach people to become independent thinkers and be able to intellectually challenge anyone who was at a former point a mentor and surpass them or negate them entirely. The problem with mentors in our generation is that in an increasingly Marxist University system the mentor becomes indispensable. Students are not independent, or intellectually strong. They are followers of a faith with unshakable resolve in their masters.

There may be some who are fortunate enough to seed connections with worthwhile mentors but in this day and age you can never be too careful.

But isn't Peterson getting all this support because he has proved that his intentions are pure and that he can be trusted to give his students the ability to think independently? I think he even said at some point that he insists that his students will try to prove him wrong constantly.

>offering degree-equivalents with real psychometric value
So just like Scientology?

Except you can use his metrics to determine if they are useful to an organization as opposed to them just being good at succing the postmodernist dick well enough to get a 'standard' degree.

Peterson would tell you, and has repeatedly said, he doesn't want or need for people to necessarily follow him, but to be able to digest what he'd said and either accept or refute it accordingly. This attitude toward teaching is exactly why JBP is good at what he does, he'd gladly accept disagreement from the looks of it if it meant that from the end of the discourse one or the other or both would have a better understanding - as such has been the case for a number of the philosophers which he recommends. Nearly all of them in a way turned from and surpassed their mentors, as Nietzche to Schopenhauer.

Maybe in 10 generations there will finally be someone intellectually developed enough to read the entire Solženjicin bibliography.

the >muh jews crowd has arrived

>Humanities

It's still a useless degree

How about the entire Dostojevski bibliography, you're paying 1000000$ per year to a guy who couldn't even remember Stavrogin's name in his "lecture".

any other complaint except sperging about jews and some irrelevant thing?

Material wealth is such an unsatisfying motivation 2bh. I'd rather make just an adequate amount of money and do what I love doing.

The MedPack jews now hate anything Solzhenitsyn because of all those illegal opinions in Two Hundred Years Together

it was translated to german like 20 years ago and is in every single library, friendo

Alright, how about explaining Jung in his entirety, along with his sexual perversions, connections to the Theosophical Society, and the cult-like aspects of Jungian psychoanalysis.

Its been banned in English in all that time and has only recently gotten a proper translation, thus making it relevant enough for the Medpack Jew to take notice and Shut It Down.