Why are Millennials killing so many industries?

finance.yahoo.com/news/psychologically-scarred-millennials-killing-dozens-165006423.html

>Millennials are threatening dozens of industries.

>They don't buy napkins. They won't play golf. They aren't buying homes or cars. And they're not even eating at Buffalo Wild Wings.

>Millennials' financial decisions have been heavily covered by media organizations — something that has infuriated many of the generation, as news that "millennials are killing" another industry has become a common headline.

>"This is just some more millennial-blaming B.S.," one reader wrote in response to a recent Business Insider article with the headline "Millennials are killing chains like Buffalo Wild Wings and Applebee's."

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/news/food/wp/2017/05/15/dont-mess-with-millennials-avocado-toast-the-internet-fires-back-at-a-millionaire/
trulia.com/home_prices/Michigan/Detroit-heat_map/
prnewswire.com/news-releases/millennials-abandon-sports-on-tv-posing-threat-to-teams-leagues-broadcast-partners-finds-study-from-lek-consulting-300423351.html
youtu.be/wpSPqaD6iOo?t=392
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They sucked our money via college and act surprised when they want us to sit in a fucking classroom all day instead of making disposable income at a job.

This.

Also millennials didn't rape the auto and housing industry. 35 years ago you could buy a house and a car with $45,000 cash.

>Implying the boomers didn't kill a bunch of stuff their parents enjoyed

Make shit for boomers, get hit

I hate my generation bur I am ok with oligopic industries getting fucked. Mom &Pop shops are better anyways

Part of it is millenial's fault and part of it isn't.

They can't help the housing market or inflation.
However they could choose to spend their money on hobbies like golf and eating out if they wanted.

>inb4 but how!?
Look everyone knows Millennials are propping up the video game industry and marijuana sales.
So they are spending money on "hobbies" its just not hobbies that will help their own community. Video games sends most of their money to Japan and Marijuana sends most of the money to gangs/cartels.
That is something millenials could change but they won't. Because they like being couch locked losers playing vidya.
They don't want to play golf or take pride in their communities.

When are mods going to ban these
>Why are Millennials..
Threads. Fucking hell.

>they don't play golf

Yes, clubs will finally be cheap again. Thanks Trump!

>Video games sends most of their money to Japan

You're dumb.

>Marijuana sends most of the money to gangs/cartels

A lot, yes. But that's why millenials want it to be legalized and taxed.

>don't buy homes, cars or play golf
Well those are all incredibly overpriced in an economy that they fucked in the name of social justice. It's sad that these old people really don't know why people don't think the exact same as them

I don't think millennials can afford much on a Starbucks salary.

>Marijuana sends most of the money to gangs/cartels

Gangs and cartels only sell shitty brick weed for Mexicans. Most weed is grown by some random dude.

> Video games sends most of their money to Japan
Not true either.

Since when were the people supposed to cater to industry instead of vice versa?
How about you provide a better product or a more affordable product instead of complain that we're not buying it.

As a white man, I can say golf is for the upper class. Compared to the many forms of entertainment we have now, why would you choose golf? It's expensive, and boring as all hell. Old people love it, go figure.

>>They don't buy napkins. They won't play golf. They aren't buying homes or cars. And they're not even eating at Buffalo Wild Wings.
Who shipped all the fucking jobs to China/India/3rd world shitholes?

Who brought millions of workers on visas, illegals in order to create artificial job scarcity, lower the wages because of "competition" and have higher quotas for flipping burgers ?

Who discriminates against hiring locally and training locally?

Who ships their profits to Panama and doesn't invest back?

Who refuses to give fair wages but the CEO's bonuses are 365x higher than the average monthly paycheck?

Andd i cant afford any of that. Im fine with my water w/ cheap but fresh grocery veggies and meats.

Quiet gypo. Don't pretend you ever had nice things. This is a western problem, not a Balken one.

We're too busy eating avocado toast.

THIS

Like, say, civilization.

Where are all the stories blaming boomers for killing door-to-door salesmen and milk delivery business? Or the WWII generation killing domestic servants and butlers? Or the generation before that killing the telegraph offices and the various horse-related industries?

>Kill the economy, blame the generation after them for their own fuck ups.

The perfect crime. Boomers are the most evil generation. Not all of them are bad, but a good percentage are.

And this is why Young Republifats need to gas themselves.

>REEEEEEE STOP BEING A BAD GOY
>WHY AREN'T YOU TAKING OUT LOANS

They're too busy buying avocados.
washingtonpost.com/news/food/wp/2017/05/15/dont-mess-with-millennials-avocado-toast-the-internet-fires-back-at-a-millionaire/

>muh entitled businessmensch
>muh economy
>muh how dare you people do anything for yourselves without mug permission slip
And this is why Young Republifats need to be killed.

>Boomers
It's really just corporations and their government stooge.
Also the government alone too.

>Literal EU and UN policies against people saving money
>They believe if nobody saves up money and spends it as quick as they get it, will drive the economy up
Das rite goyim, only rich people get to save money.

Golfing is degenerate. It waste water and taints the water supply with artaficial fertilizer. They should be replaced with housing or re forrested.

"Millennials are killing chains like Buffalo Wild Wings and Applebee's."
Or could it be that Applebee's is a shit chain and there are better options?

>Can't afford anything but bare neccessities due to boomers having permanently fucked housing prices
>"Reeeeee why aren't millenials buying these luxury items?"

How much does that cost these days in burger land?

>Implying is easy to buy a house nowadays.

My parents used to tell how easy were to buy a house when they were young, if you got marry you could buy a house and maintain it with a single income (that's why women stayed at hometo raise the children with no problem) , but now both men and women in a marriage have to work in order to buy a house and maintain it, shit is expensive as fuck.

New car: $6000 and up (+20% for interest)
House: depends strongly on location, anywhere from $5000 in the Detriot slums to $1 million in happening parts of the SF Bay Area (+200% for interest)
>OY VEY WHY AREN'T YOU CREATING DEBNTS FOR YOURSELVES

>And they're not even eating at Buffalo Wild Wings.
I fucking love Buffalo Wild Wings. I just can't eat there all the time because it's expensive and I'm trying to lose weight.

the most retarded post i've read in a long time

>playing golf
I'm not an old fat fuck and prefer to do a real sport

Ghost yourself

>video games
>sport

>Romanian
>not being a piece of shit and explaining things in a easily understandable and we'll thought out way
>science have definitely gone too far.jpg

>New car.
>$6000.
GET A LOAD OF THIS FAG CAM!

A new car costs fucking $14,000.00 and up, and thats for bare bottom garbage, you are looking at spending normally around $20,000.00 for a new car worth anything.

As far as house, depending on where you live, can be anywhere from 50 grand to millions.

They want people to buy homes, stop trying to sell a 1 bedroom home at 500 grand and telling me its luxury.

>Want to buy a home.
>2 bedroom house.
>210grand.
>LOL NO!
>They try to tell me the garage alone is worth 100k.
>Tell them I can build one myself for less then 6k.
>GET OFF MUH PROPERTY!
WHAT PROPERTY! YOU JUST WANT ME TO BUY IT FOR THAT SO YOU CAN BUY A BIGGER HOME AT THAT!

$20,000 for a decent car.
$100,000 for a decent house.

Pay attention to this, people. We are experiencing the emergence of a global internet-forged culture. The old ways are dying, which includes these obsessions that previous generations had.

I bought a new 2013 Toyota Carolla for 16,000 USD, putting 6000 USD down.

Right now a 3 bedroom 3 bath house is around 300,000 USD. Rent for a 2bed 1 bath appartment is about 1500 a month ontop of utilities. I make 53,000 a year, (Just otta college) and have 60,000 USD in student loans. House is not even an option on the table at this point in time.

>a car is 6,000 and a house is 5,000
nigger what
you know you have to be 18 to post here right

I think he meant, you have to put like 6000 down.

Where did I say anything about videos games, you fat autist.

>A new car costs fucking $14,000.00 and up
Damn, that shit's gotten expensive since I last looked.

I disagree with most of what George Carlin says, but he was dead right about golf. It takes up too much space and its full of dick heads.

did you even read his post?

No you don't. You just get a better deal

when did you look? Like the 1940s?

this is great because it's a tacit acknowledgement that boomers have killed the economy
funny enough millenials are being blamed for not spending the disposable income that they don't have
I'm a veteran and all of the American legion posts are dying off; boomers used to get off of work and go and drink for hours but all of us lazy millenials just go home and watch Amazon/Netflix or play vidya

Golf is a stupid and wasteful sport that is expensive and produces huge amounts of excess fertilizer runoff pollution in waterways.

It only worked in britain because their soil grows lawns naturally and it rains all the time there.

I much prefer vidya which probably pollutes nearly nothing, and is actually often produced in the US.

Nigga you aint getting a new car for 6 grand, maybe a fucken power wheels.

>Napkins

Paper towels killed the napkin, not millennials.

Free market, bitch. Capitalism says that you adapt, or die.

An economy is about give and take. Millenials refuse to do their part and take pride in their communities.

Don't nigger me, you nigger.
trulia.com/home_prices/Michigan/Detroit-heat_map/

Hey now dont say nothing to him, I bought a Geo Metro for 9grand brand new back in 95 or 96. Now its equal costs 12 grand "IF LUCKY" but normally goes for around 13 to 14.

Most Chevy's go for 20k+ My truck costed 12k used, and brand new I cant find any pickup under 30k.

Golf is retarded fuck off

Traditional sports are on the decline as millennials are switching to esports.

prnewswire.com/news-releases/millennials-abandon-sports-on-tv-posing-threat-to-teams-leagues-broadcast-partners-finds-study-from-lek-consulting-300423351.html

>t. econ student buttmad that he has to take an ethics course

>Import tons of niggers and mudslimes to ruin the communities
>push cosmopolitanism constantly
>material conditions mean have to move pretty frequently.

"Why aren't you more invested in your surroundings!?"

They are being attacked by a large process called Ideological Subversion.
It it distorting their view of reality. You are witnessing a leftist mentality designed to destabilize the nation.

Essentially they are setup to fail on purpose.

youtu.be/wpSPqaD6iOo?t=392
(Skip to 6:32)

It's not you sharing faggot. It's about allocating resources most efficiently according to supply and demand which is constantly changing.

Some people lose, some people win, usually the winners are relatively more productive than those who are losers.

This. Is there anybody above 40 even buying napkins anymore?

I'm on this page. I go to the butcher, what veggies I don't grow i buy at a farmers market. Books I buy at the local book store. I get soap from small online venders. I'm lucky enough to be able to buy products that my friends make at a store my friend owns. We don't need walmart or applebees.

Stuff like paper towels and TP I just get off amazon prime which I falls under big corpo but it's a good price and comes to my door.

Truck was $32k
House was $120k payments around $800.

>They don't buy napkins. They won't play golf. They aren't buying homes or cars. And they're not even eating at Buffalo Wild Wings
>paper towels are a multipurpose tool if not my pantlegs
>golfing is boring and for retired people or rich businessmen
>homes are overpriced even in rural areas
>used cars are a better deal
>Buffalo Wild Wings fucking sucks (service + niggers)
the worst part is they don't adapt to the new market because they're so used to keynesian bullshit

All those industries fucking suck dick. Apply yourselves, capitalists.

BECAUSE WE'RE NOT MADE OF MONEY LIKE BOOMERS OR MAX OUT CREDIT CARDS AS A SUBSTITUTE LIKE SAID CONSUMERS WHORES.

NOW FUCK OFF.

Not all millenials are faggots.

>Why aren't Millenials buying X?
You kinda need money first before you can do that.

a few years old but look at this:

>“Younger people don’t want to join. I don’t know why,” Dufresne said.

>The American Legion is open to all war-time veterans whether they served in a war zone or not.

technically we've been at war since 2001
the US has been churning out fresh veterans but they can't even keep legion posts alive

Blame me more for everything. I'll happily kill every last thing you old decrepit faggots love and hold dear just by living within my means.

>ITT recommendations for stocks and industries to short

$BLWD (buffalo wild wings) is valued at $145. If you want to get money and you believe they will die, short the stock or place put options on it.

Green pill is best pill. Money can be used for whatever you believe is right.

"I dont know why"
heh

>Millennials need to stop wasting their money
>Wow, why arent millennials wasting their money at chain restaurants
ok

Millennials waste all their money on stupid shit like rent and student loans.

TFW you realize this is a local news piece.
Hello fellow massfag

Sounds like high level functioning to me, piling on huge shit on your life is a loser. Also, it seems they don't think much about the future.

underrated

>those 3 together
I would brake my 1 month nofap streak right now for that scene

Uh, try $250k-600k for a decent house, we can't all live AND work in Nebraska.

Millennials aren't responsible for most of this shit, asides from student loans

They had no control over house prices, massive latino immigration, federal debt, the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, the auto maker and bank bailouts, boomers getting old, manufacturing moving to China, and a ton of other shit that massively impacted the economy. They weren't even old enough to vote or have much say when all of that happened. Many boomers, however, oversaw these changes and were in a position to do something

If it's anything like our version(s) no one who did three or four Iraq and Afghanistan adventures wants to sit and drink beer with men who drank beer in Germany for five years and have been riding on that since.

Basically it's full of guys that served from about 1975 to 1995 so unless you want to talk about Germany, Northern Ireland and Germany again with people of questionable stability it's pointless. Individual Regimental/Corps associations are far more popular.

not really, i dont think 5-20 mil millenials are threatening traditional sports.

>They won't play golf. They aren't buying homes or cars. And they're not even eating at Buffalo Wild Wings.
Because most have no $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

>get told you need college to succeed
>college tuition is incredibly expensive
>get burdensome student loan with high interest to pay tuition
>graduate and can't find that six figure job that was insinuated college grads earn
>even if I do find a good job that student loan is a serious burden
>don't spend money in order to make ends meet
>MILLENNIALS WON'T BUY OUR SHIT!

Fuck you. Die.
A. Generation

>decadent boomers are dying and being replaced by lazy shits who never go outside

>Napkins are overrated you can just get them from fast food places or use paper towels
>golf is literally the most boring sport and expensive as fuck
>implying I can afford a house, let alone a car, both of which are way over priced and don't have many of the features I want
>Buffalo wild wings is too expensive for what it is, also it makes me shit my pants everytime i eat there

literally all they have to do is ask millennial why they aren't buying this shit marketing people are so fucking stupid its ridiculous. everything is test groups and fucking consultants. what a bunch of retards

I can grow pot in my closest with next to no effort no I don't support cartels.

>Why are Millennials killing so many industries

because their political heroes told them to, they're indoctrinated idiots.
They never question doctrine, they just act like a tool

considering most millenials are fucked by college/student loans, add on top that a lot are getting useless degrees, and the fact a solid entry level job requires 2+ years of work experience wtf do you expect

That's not it, they're just broke.

>open to
Vietnam vets came home to try to join the Legion only to be spat upon and ostracized by the muh greatest generation WWII fighters.
Clearly the semen has gone to your brain. Keep practicing jewish marriage and eventually you'll be 100% cucked.

enji is hot af