Introducing

The 51st State of the United States of America!

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jones–Shafroth_Act
latina.com/lifestyle/-news/latinacom-exclusive-daddy-yankee-explains-why-he-supports-john-mccain
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Detroit is a state?

lol, nope. It's Detroit 2: Electric Island Boogaloo

I actually just got back from san juan today, and there was a referendum over puerto rico becoming the 51st state. DESU its necessary, they need support since 1/3 of their population lives on welfare and is unemployed

I didn't see the results of the referendum

This! It would be the ultimate act of open borders, we'd literally be integrating a third world country into our own. Europe may take refugee migrants, America takes entire refugee nations.

You do realize all puerto ricans are US citizens already and free to move to the mainland?

Everybody in PR is already a US citizen, bruh. Stop adding to the "Murican education" meme.

Trump can stop this right, you can't just vote yourself into becoming a state

I smell bullshit.
Puerto Pobre will never be a state.

We have to vote on the mainland to accept them.

i vote yes

The issue is their vote

so what, usa is gonna be 42% now?

What does Makoko from Lagos has to do with Puerto Rico? Shit is not even in the carribean lol

>Being to stupid to know that Puerto Rico has been part of the USA for years.

Oh know some Mexicans are going to vote in more welfare. And vote democrat. Even though both are very obviously deteriorating and won't be an issue in 3.5 years.

>mexicans
you fucking ignorant gringo

>water mexicans
>not mexicans
pick one and only one

so burguerish

>US will be less white than expected
AYYYY

>PRs are US citizens
no, they are not

yeah...........since 1898

>yes they are
>since 1898

Chicago?

pendeja lol

Still whiter and more functional of a country than you pablo

No we didn't become citizens until 1917

They've actually voted to become a state once previously. They were turned down as such a small percentage of the population took part in the vote. Same thing will likely happen this time as only 23% voted.

Detroit is a state now?

Should have listened to FALN and cut that shithole loose

Audibly kek'd.

I am all for it if they want it. But this time with a binding vote overseen by congress.

This vote and the petition of their Governor should start the process.

Edgelords need to fuck off. These people have been US citizens for 100 years

They have the right to determine if they want to be State.

user.... Please be trolling.

PR leans conservative like Cubans

>Being so retarded that you literally don't know what the fuck your country is, what it does, or who its citizens are
>He probably thinks PR is another spic country just like Cuba

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jones–Shafroth_Act

American education.

>40%

there is only one 51st state

latina.com/lifestyle/-news/latinacom-exclusive-daddy-yankee-explains-why-he-supports-john-mccain

They are already integrated idiot. They can travel anywhere in the US for any reason. They are US citizens with US passports.

Can we just say no if they want to become a state? Does congress have to approve or something?

Why the fuck should we have another state of god damn bean niggers? What the fuck bullshit is this? Have you been to NYC or Chicago lately? I don't want to share a hemisphere with these street shitters let alone a country.

Can someone please tell me what the effect of this will be? Do they get electoral votes? Are they actually going to become a state?

Good. Let's help them.

Congress has to approve it. Huge spending on new flags follows

Is it full of niggers?

if puerto ricans acted like the ones in connecticut i'd be ok with this.
if they act like the ones in new york and massachusetts they can fuck right off

This thread is fucking embarrassing. The amount of people here that don't know it's already US Territory like Guam has me fucking floored.

They'd probably be a red state buddy.

I'm down for this because it confirms to the Star trek future.. theres an episode where Riker dates a US flag because it "only had 51 stars"

We already do though. They are US citizens. They vote in the party primaries. They can travel and work freely in the United States with no restriction.

The only thing admissiln would change is that they would get 2 Senators, and sovereign state government and would siphon congressmen and electoral votes from California, Florida and New York.

>There are people who want to deny US Statehood to a Territory who's bigger then Delaware and more populated the Wyoming

Territories already get electoral votes you dumbfuck

there's very good reason that puerto rico isn't a state

>being to stupid...
Kek

No they dont.

>There are people who want to deny US Statehood to a Territory who's full of seaspics

Because they always voted no for tax purposes

Hey, i can see my house from there!

gracias pol la correcion socio

>Territories already get electoral votes

Retard. You should've paid attention in history class. The U.S. annexed Puerto Rico after the Spanish-American war. They're essentially the 'Hawaii of the Carribean'. However, unlike Hawaii, their island is not really worth visiting, and it no longer holds any military value. So instead of granting them statehood, like Hawaii, what did we do? We granted them a quasi-state status in form of a 'Commonwealth territory'. They've been US citizens for a century now. But they primarily speak Spanish, and we never really tried to assimilate them fully like Hawaii. PR is also rather neglected economically, and recently, they went bankrupt, and so now they want to join the States in order to get gibmedats. That's essentially the crash course on what's happened here.

It's a quagmire situation that we inherited from ancestors that didn't want to deal with it, and liked playing 'empire building'.

Don't we have any more MOABs lying around?

Census says they're 75% 'white'.

Which is better than California, New Mexico and Texas.

Yeah they dont have to pay federal taxes get all the benefits of US citizenship and cant decide if they want perpetual union or independence.

Their economic crisis is forcing the issue though.

Which is all to the good. Puerto Rico has long needed to decide whether to take a shit or get off the toilet.

They are fellow citizens though and we should support whatever they decide. Honestly this is probably a good civic exercise for America. We've not expanded the Union in half a century.

>lol why not give state hood to africa because its bigger and more populous than any state in the US
fucking retard

They're also already US citizens and counted as part of our national census figures.

So they represent zero change in overall demographics for the country.
They will not make America any less white.

Looks like India. Road tripped around PR years ago, it surely wasn't third world

Africa is not full of US citizens. Your arguments are moot. Puerto Rico is already an integral part of the United States. A puerto rican can move to kansas the same way an Missourian can. Overnight and for any reason.

Statehood will make it a more attractive place to live.
Property values will climb.
Businesses will get a bump.

There are worse things.

Been fighting US wars since WW2 but don't want them to be citizens.

What a cuck you are.

The idea that Puerto Rico would vote Democrat is in part based on voting patterns among mainland Hispanic voters. However, the majority of current U.S. Latino voters have Mexican roots, not Puerto Rican.

Puerto Ricans are typically more socially conservative than the Democratic party on the mainland. We saw this in the recent survey of Puerto Rican voters in Florida and in the decision by a federal judge in Puerto Rico to uphold the ban on gay marriage.

Parties in Puerto Rico are different from those on the mainland. They center on the question of status. Rather than voting Democratic because their parents did, Puerto Ricans will choose the candidate who best represents their views.

>Puerto Rico becomes a state and adds two more Republican Senators and multiple Republican Congressman who would flip the switch in tandem with Pence in a heartbeat

Please God, destroy PR with hurricanes.

Senator Ramon 'Chicharo' Jimenez Gutierez Jr will take the floor now

barf

>So they represent zero change in overall demographics for the country.

They do in the only place that counts, which is electoral votes.

They're not white.

You don't just get to vote yourself into America so that whitey will pay off your debts. It's fucking bullshit.

We should have kept Cuba, the Philipines, and most of Mexico and anything else we've held since the mexican/Spanish wars and ww2.

I'd never give up an ounce of clay once the claim was laid.

Property values are already too high in the island. The last thing that market needs is higher prices on housing.

This isn't retardation
This is one step beyond retardation.
A poster like that of the First Cosmonaut or that dude who spun a fidget spinner for 24 hours on YouTube. I am astounded to be graced by your presence.

>it surely wasn't third world

Compared to what, Detroit?

Tourist areas are nice, the rest is like Africa.

>ssshhhhhhhhh
>you have no control over ii cracker.
>enjoy la morcilla papi

>falling for the "based spics" meme

The "socially conservative" voters in Florida were Cubans, not Puerto Ricans.

I literally live here, you can tell the difference immediately when you talk to them.

My only reason for opposing it is a trivial one -- I don't want to change the fucking flags, and I like '50' which is an even number. I know some rural rednecks are going to get pissed off, but I propose that we merge either the Dakotas or the Virginias so we can stay at 50. The Dakota states in particular are fucking stupid. There's like what, 800k citizens between the TWO of them? Why grant them 4 senators? Fuck them. Merge North and South Dakota. Done.

>Why grant them 4 senators? Fuck them. Merge North and South Dakota. Done.

Go fuck yourself leftist.

I am a based spic the meme is true.

Their local economy will uptick significantly.
We were going to be paying the tab any which way you slice it.

I know Porto Reekins here that don't want more Porto Reekins.

Their economic issues are tied directly to their territorial legal status
The best and brightest leave because there are opportunities on the mainland. Both economic and political. Its the washington DC problem on steroids. Why would concientuous US citizens want to live in a region that gives them no political rights?

If George W Bush moved to Puerto Rico for his retirement, he would never again be able to vote in. US election. Yet the people voting for him would be able to dictate his local affairs.

The US congress set the Stage for Puerto Ricos economoc crisis in large part due to its laws and policies that would never have been approved had Puerto Rico been granted voting Senators. Its a perfect shit storm of a subject federal territory granted limited home rule coupled with the right for its people to leave for established states.

No, we will be getting their income tax which we currently don't collect since they're a territory.

everyone knows that already
it should be a death penalty eligible crime to be this fucking stupid, their "republicans" don't share the party values at all, it's just the statehood party

>picture of lagos in africa

whos the slide thread for rabbi

Let them become their own country then.

There's no reason they should join us.

I don't want more fucking Democrats.

As much as you hate leftist states, it's an obscenity that approximately 1 million voters between the two Dakotas, get TWICE the representation as my state of CA with 40 mil.

It's like saying, your people are worth more than my people. If the Founders saw what happened with demographic shifts, then surely they would've adjusted the electoral college, so barren states don't get so much undue power.

I'm honestly surprised the mayority of this thread is in favor of us... in all of all places Sup Forums sees the truth and not that mainstream "muh 2 more democratic seats" "muh seaniggers"

Puerto Rico is beautiful and it has the potential to truly be "the island of enchantment". But it's currently being strangled by it's current status quo. I would not love anything more than to join the US, to pledge my alliance to the flag, to be able to vote for Trump on 2020. Let's thrive together.

>stay at 50

Negative.

I want to split California (and possibly NY/TX) and annex all majority English speaking countries in to statehood.

poor people know how to procreate well.

only niggers can live on dirt.

exactly this

The flag looks like shit now though we need more stars to make it more asthetic. State of Jefferson etc.

Lol made me laugh

Democrats in every state friend, even yours.

The partisan hackery in this country has reached peak retardation if loyalty to party is more important then loyalty to the Republic.

The Puerto Ricans are Citizens of the American Republic
Their beliefs should be of no consequence
What is of consequence is they have the right, as citizens and territorial subjects, under the constitution, to petition congress for admission to the Union.