A WARNING ABOUT JORDAN PETERSON

I must in good conscience warn everyone about Jordan Peterson, and the negative influence he may have on a lot of people who are captured by his charisma.

He is a cult leader. His fans are on philoso-crack. I used to be a big fan until I realized how harmful his way of thinking is. As a fan of survival shows, I will make an analogy:

On Naked and Afraid XL, there was this one incident where half of the survivalists had to tap out on the same day. It began when they found a fruit tree and ate the fruit. They enjoyed it, it was good, but it took a couple hours for some, a whole twelve or so hours for others to begin feeling the awful excruciating pain that was caused by eating this fruit. Some were lucky, and did not get the poisoning.

Ladies and gentlemen, much of the things you watch on youtube, the things you absorb online, are like this scenario. You get hooked and soak it all in, but it may take a good amount of time, perhaps years, before you notice the negative effects, and will you have the wisdom to know where it started?

Jordan Peterson has a unique affect on people. He has the ability to bewilder and "change someone's entire perspective on life" as was with me and as I often hear. However, this perspective change is not so different from a psychotic experience. Beware of people who offer the answer to everything and anything.

Many of his followers like him because his views can be easily weaponized against their enemies. He's like the father that gets off on teaching you the cold hard reality of life. He appeals to people's punishment complexes. Open his first book. It reads like it was written by a crazy person repeating the same thing over and over.

You have been warned.

Other urls found in this thread:

scribd.com/document/337535680/Full-David-Brock-Confidential-Memo-On-Fighting-Trump
archive.Sup
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/127025247
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/129552742
i.4cdn.org/pol/1497243666358.png
img.4plebs.org/boards/pol/image/1497/24/1497243666358.png
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

whats your criticism exactly

literally no one cares. I stopped after the second sentence.

kill yourself

fuck off shariablue

He's providing weapons to fight for the future of Western Christianity against the false pope, pisslam and communist. If all you get out of it is muh sjw or conversion to a subverted denomination of cucktianity then you failed. If you truly understand his message, then you will realize the future belongs to whoever can knock out the current powers, that includes a new Christian anti-cuck anti-pope anti-commie denomination.

You're right, the people here aren't skeptical or cynical enough.

Clean your room. Sort yourself out.

>He's providing weapons to fight for the future of Western Christianity against the false pope,
He's providing weapons for Christians to destroy themselves. He literally doesn't believe in God or Jesus, only that Christianity is a healthy psychological construct. That's as degenerate and anti-Christian as you can get

this.

All iconoclasm is dangerous and Peterson says so himself, what is your criticism OP.

how about an example. just one

I agree. Whenever you see someone come out of nowhere and get shilled extremely hard you'd better watch out

Petersonfags are caught up in a cult of personality something serious

He's more of a dork than people will admit but whatever.

sweet mother of god

out of all the retarded, manic, ridiculous shit I've seen on this repository of retarded, manic, ridiculous shit - this is in top 10.

if there's anyone in your life who loves you, call them immediately and tell em you need help

F
P
B
P

>being a successful person is now looked down upon by society
degenerate you deserve gas

shareblue shillbot needs work desu

It's getting late and this reminded me to get off the internet and get ready for tomorrow. Thanks!

you talk like a nervous little pussy.

Saying that Christianity is a healthy psychological construct is as degenerate and anti-Christian as you can get? Are you literally tarded?

I see the shills have turned their sights on Peterson. I can't believe it took them this long. He's a far bigger threat than all the alt-right Youtubers put together.

But muh patreon! He makes money off his life's work that people voluntarily give to him for the benefit he provides!

These people think 'cult leader' is a valuable insult since they don't realize some people aren't so stupid as to be unable to distinguish the quality of arguments by themselves.

OP=faggot

You're right. His philosophy is an enemy to you literalist brainlet christians who suppose that the bible documents literal history. It doesn't.

Your form of christianity is the cancer that poisoned the west. We need the antidote.

Rescue your father from the underworld, faggot.

That means he is doing something right. Every single great philosopher has been accused of starting a cult, of corrupting the young.

I honestly had no opinion on this guy whatsoever until I started seeing Sup Forums shittalking him so much and the more they shittalk the more I could see from my unbiased vantage point how hollow and specious their arguments were so I started looking into him and now I like him, so good job on that. Maybe you can pretend that was your goal along.

>blog post
>no criticisms to be found
Op not many of the things he talks about are his own work. He's combining and critiquing the works and ideas of pshychologists and philosophers over the past 200 years into something somewhat digestable for a contemporary audience and giving his opinions on the conceptual ideas in mythology. Take it or leave it but im not sure why you would think thats somehow the traits of a cult leader. It's more interesting than 99.9% of the content available to people online. You sound like a crazy person if you're that easily captured by a 'cult of personality' that you think he's somehow offering answers to anything and everything.

shariablue
you can't touch him oh-oh oh oh oh-oh-oh
can't touch him oh-oh oh oh oh-oh-oh

THIS IS NOT A WARNING
>You have been warned.

literally who?
by your description some tv host, you are coming to Sup Forums to tell us not to be easily influenced by television?
take yourself for a long walk to reddit or something.

*15 cents have been deposited into your account

You've been doing a good job this past week, might bump you up to .17 cents a post. Also remember to finish reading the manual, really important to read it all the way through. scribd.com/document/337535680/Full-David-Brock-Confidential-Memo-On-Fighting-Trump

>Reply
Be specific you fucking douche.
Being courageous enough to look at life through a rigorous commitment to the truth over your feelings will pretty much ALWAYS lead to you feeling a bit shittier, but the rewards comes in knowing you're not intentionally allowing yourself to be deluded by falseness.
If you feel bad from JP's point of view, it's kind of the intended consequence. After that initial shitty feeling, you should hopefully sort yourself out and come out of the eye of the needle a better person with your eyes more clearly open.
Of course, take what he says with a grain of salt and draw your own conclusions. Nobody is infallible. Though he is most definitely smarter than you or I.

You didnt even fucking say anything
What negative effects? What a retarded fucking post.

>you might like listening to this musician but i saw on naked and afraid they ate some fruit and it was good at first then bad later, dont say i didnt warn you
>you might like reading this book but i saw on naked and afraid they ate some fruit and it was good at first then bad later, dont say i didnt warn you
>you might like playing this video game but i saw on naked and afraid they ate some fruit and it was good at first then bad later, dont say i didnt warn you

I don't know, he seems a little edgy to me at times.

See the problem here is that you're assuming OP is being serious. He's a damn Media Matter's shill and should be treated as such.

OP didn't debunk a single thing Jordan has said or bring up any valid argument. Not a single fucking point by the OP besides "he makes me feeeel bad waaaaa waaaaa."

Shills like this show how fucking solid Jordan Peterson is as they can't attack him on an intellectual standpoint.

Shariablue should realize that when you try to slander people like JP, all you're doing is giving them more attention, views, and an audience.

The Bible is 100% truth. He's leading you to hell

you could put anybody's name in the place of jordan peterson and it would still be relevant because you gave no detail or example in your post and left it as open-ended and up to interpretation as possible you dumb shill faggot. let me demonstrate:

I must in good conscience warn everyone about Steven Colbert, and the negative influence he may have on a lot of people who are captured by his charisma.

He is a cult leader. His fans are on philoso-crack. I used to be a big fan until I realized how harmful his way of thinking is. As a fan of survival shows, I will make an analogy:

On Naked and Afraid XL, there was this one incident where half of the survivalists had to tap out on the same day. It began when they found a fruit tree and ate the fruit. They enjoyed it, it was good, but it took a couple hours for some, a whole twelve or so hours for others to begin feeling the awful excruciating pain that was caused by eating this fruit. Some were lucky, and did not get the poisoning.

Ladies and gentlemen, much of the things you watch on youtube, the things you absorb online, are like this scenario. You get hooked and soak it all in, but it may take a good amount of time, perhaps years, before you notice the negative effects, and will you have the wisdom to know where it started?

Steven Colbert has a unique affect on people. He has the ability to bewilder and "change someone's entire perspective on life" as was with me and as I often hear. However, this perspective change is not so different from a psychotic experience. Beware of people who offer the answer to everything and anything.

Many of his followers like him because his views can be easily weaponized against their enemies. He's like the father that gets off on teaching you the cold hard reality of life. He appeals to people's punishment complexes. Open his first book. It reads like it was written by a crazy person repeating the same thing over and over.

You have been warned.

>Cleaning your room is harmful
sage

No, you're going to hell. You're probably already there.

i like his historical knowledge and diagnosis of the left, his self-improvement stuff is just kinda... duh.
as far as charisma his delivery is kinda clunky during speeches, much better when hes teaching. not much rhetoric just knowledge bombing,
as far as this cult thing, you shills really need to work on your subtlety

shareblue, you have to go back.

OP being a huge fag or not.
"Stay critical of the people you trust" seems like a sensible advice.

it doesnt bother that he hasnt found God yet, that is something that is not settled in the intellectual arena

>JORDAN IS BAD
>BAD BAD BAD

Care to elaborate OP, or are you simply carrying out a character assassination?

This exact thread is being spammed:
archive.Sup Forums.org/pol/thread/129552742

But that works for them because they only operate on the emotional/peer pressure level. They literally can't come up with policy that doesn't work on non emotionally stunted adult children types. It's hilarious.

>You have been warned.

These threads remind me of this:
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/127025247

fixed link: archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/129552742

Humanities lecturer detected.

Wow, this OP is incredible, I never thought you could write so much and say so fucking little

>it's this kike again
what's up nigger, still sucking on daddy JP's teat?

chill.... down

This. Most of the alt right is good at appealing to right leaning people but can't jump the divide and convert the left. Ironically, Peterson's work explains why this is. Peterson should absolutely terrify the left because it's their targets his rhetoric is effective with. He can drag a good portion of the left to the right. If he gets too popular the balance will tip in our favor.

I'm a naturally left leaning person that was forced to the right by reasoning through issues. But that only happened because I got way into evo-psych and I'm not high enough in empathy for standard lefty appeals.

JP is going to bring a lot of people over.

You need more of this

I must in good conscience warn everyone about Spurdo Spärde, and the negative influence he may have on a lot of people who are captured by his charisma.

Spurdo Spärde has a unique affect on people. He has the ability to bewilder and "change someone's entire perspective on life" as was with me and as I often hear. However, this perspective change is not so different from a psychotic experience. Beware of people who offer the answer to everything and anything.

You have been warned.

>1 post by this id
you've all been had

You know why it's called 4plebs? Because only plebs link directly to the site.

Stop taking Molyneux pasta and re purposing it for Peterson.

wait a sec why does the op of this thread use the same image i used here
what the fuck is going on

Can you provide any examples(preferably web links) of this, OP?

t. don't even follow his stuff

"A shekel for a good goy"

could we meme David Brock into running for president?

Oh Fug :DDDDDDDDD

>That's as degenerate and anti-Christian as you can get
No, it's not.

The whole concept of Christ is to worship the God within Jesus, not the man himself. I mean there's scripture that supports this.
>22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

This proves that knowing the name of Christ doesn't mean anything. It's the truth in Christ, which is God, which is God within Christ that we have to know. And again, God is that truth.

Peterson paints a vivid picture of every nation of man seeking this truth, which is in fact God...which is the ultimate hierarchy. Even through evolution the search is inevitable because people will always search for a "better way." We're getting there, stumbling and falling, but we're getting there. Despite the degenerative and regressive actions of both the "Left" and the "Right."

guys I'm seriously freaking the fuck out here
someone help

Look at this image here. This is basically what I did, I opened this image in photoshop and cropped it down to the sixth brain panel. Then I just copied the image data into the clipboard and pasted it directly into the quick reply, circumventing saving the snipped image to my hard drive. And yet it is the EXACT same pixel dimensions and filesize as the one posted here even though there were a few extra rows/columns I shaved off. I opened them both in photoshop and they're digitally identical, not so much as a single pixel off.

in fact.. what the fuck???? it's the same filename
LOOK

The actual url to the image here is
i.4cdn.org/pol/1497243666358.png

And the one in the archive is
img.4plebs.org/boards/pol/image/1497/24/1497243666358.png

1497243666358.png !!! even though I just pasted raw binary data that got encoded into png by my Sup Forums script! HOW THE FUCK IS THIS POSSIBLE

>1 post by this ID

probably the gayest OP ive seen in a while

Shut the fuck up you marxist faggot
fpbp

wow the shills are out tonight.

He has none, he just says "don't blindly follow someone", no shit sherlock.

>1 post by this ID
go away /lit/
JBP is right the only pieces of the puzzle he's missing are the JQ and non-duality

>He has the ability to bewilder and "change someone's entire perspective on life"
>However, this perspective change is not so different from a psychotic experience.
you're a cluess retard who doesn't leave his hug-box bubble if you haven't had that happen to you at least several times in your life
that's a sign you're growing

Again, this is exactly what astonishes me.

Not in modern times have we had a individual able to paint vividly that for every action, there is a reaction like Peterson has been able to. To say he's got a grasp of what's taking place in the world right now, is a understatement. Which couldn't be more fitting, given the narrative that the world is in right now.

But you have people, who aren't even remotely equipped intellectually. People who only ride on their weak instincts as facts, claiming they know more, or blindly accuse ANY intelligent individual who unlike them, actually has something to offer.

This baseless paranoia out some arrogance in ones own lack of intelligence is the very definition of anti-intellectualism.

One of my favorite quotes of his are about 19 year olds who think they know anything. 7 years ago you were 12 years old. Thats LESS than a decade ago. You don't know anything.

Like this is the type of shit that makes me realize that there are some people that can't accept the answer. They really have to hurt themselves before they understand....it's really like talking to a brick wall.

>1 post by this ID
saged

>Many of his followers like him because his views can be easily weaponized against their enemies.
Yes, that's exactly why I read/watch him.
>He's like the father that gets off on teaching you the cold hard reality of life.
Reality is a black pill? I can kind of see it.
>He appeals to people's punishment complexes.
I know.
My thoughts exactly.

>This baseless paranoia out some arrogance in ones own lack of intelligence is the very definition of anti-intellectualism.
This baseless paranoia out **of** some arrogance in ones own lack of intelligence, is the very definition of anti-intellectualism.

fixed

So much cringe.

Obviously Peterson is pulling the right threads.

Everything is going accordingly.

He literally just says 'make sure you're sorted before you try and sort the world'. What the fuck is controversial about that, why are people shilling against him.

So you're saying it's not paranoia when someone accuses a person who possesses any form of intelligence, as not being intelligent, or worse, that they're incorrect, with no explanation aside from the fact that people are listening and learning? And how is that cringe exactly? This isn't even a new narrative, one in which ignorant people being overly suspicious about more intelligent individuals. You would just think people would be past that at this point in history. Especially since Peterson in this case, pretty much holds the listeners hand as if they were a child, as he walks them through the engineering of cause and effect. There's literally no excuse to miss the point, unless you're just dense, in which case that's not a crime....but you gotta' develop some self awareness. That you mayyy just be out of your league.

But yeah, how's that "cringe" lil guy?

Using buzzwords when they don't fit, that's ironically more worthy of cringing tbqh..

Fuck me mate.

Intelligence doesn't correlate to value as a human.

Pull your head out of your arse you cringey faggot.

Jesus Christ. So embarrassing.

Is this post meant to influence retards?
Go fuck yourself faggot.

>Intelligence doesn't correlate to value as a human.
Value as a human, no. But value to knowing what the fuck you're trying to talk about, absolutely, yes, it does. Shooting down any form of progressive dialogue, or general opportunity for improvement is restricted for the densest of societies.

So again, if it's not some paranoia about someone more intelligent, a paranoia fueled by some blind arrogance in ones own self celebrated intelligence, which is actually a lack of intelligence, that is causing people to shoot down improvement...then what is it?

Sort yourself out OP

>he's not a christcuck so he's evil
Fundies, not even once.

Dude you're embarrassing yourself.

I'd take the low iq expert at plumbling's advice over the 160 iq lecturer's advice when seeking to learn how to fix my leaky tap.

You reddit fags holding up IQ as some holy grail of value is just embarrassing. I used to think that way when I was 14 so I assume thr same of you.

Stop trying to score yourself against others you cringey fucking faggot.

>He's a far bigger threat than all the alt-right Youtubers put together.
No he isn't, he is somebody who still thinks his Opponents will have a honest discussion with him and that we can fix our world, if we just dismantle postmodernism.

>1 post by this id

You're bad at this

Who the fuck is talking about IQ? Lol the fuck are you even talking about in general m80cakes?

If someone has something to offer, specifically because it's within their field of study...where's the wisdom in a baseless accusation against that individual? I'm not going to pretend like I know shit about plumbing when I have a seasoned plumber here to fix my broken fucking pipes. Now if I was fucking dense, I'd accuse him of actually being here to either sabotage my pipes further, or make a baseless claim that despite how informed he thinks he is about pipes, claim that he realllllly doesn't know shit about...because I know he doesn't know shit about pipes. But that would be an anti-intellectual stance on my part.

And give up the fucking
>reddit meme-
-already and actually attempt to say something lol...or is that all you're doing, just shooting off stale memes and buzzwords?

Or...is all of this due to you being offended at my use of "intelligence", ffs you shouldn't be offended. No one knows everything. I agree with you wholeheartedly, I'm calling a fucking plumber to fix my pipes because I know he knows just about all there is to know about those fucking pipes, I won't be calling a Dr to fix that shit.

Intelligence is always relative, but what I'm talking about is anti-intellectualism. Shooting down progress for no reason other than because you THINK you know what the fuck you're talking in the presence of an actual professional.

When will Americans stop making conspiracy theories about every fucking thing? The guy does nothing except helping young and confused people sort themselves out. Do you think he has some fucked up endgame or something? Fucking grow up already

Well, I think he has a point. A lot of his opponents are very young people and it would not be very productive just to gas half of the west. Another thing is that you can actually see that people who were hard-core SJWs are now turning away from that. I sincerely believe that a lot of them can be "saved".

Also:
>1 post by this id

peterson is a cuck you should donate to trs instead they are working to save the white race

>IQ as some holy grail of value is just embarrassing
you're retarded yes? IQ is the most precise factor humans have for determining someones values, you constantly test to see what your potential is if anyone sounds like a retarded 14 year old it's you for just throwing that aside like it's benign
"A 2011 study in Psychological Science revealed that in a study of 90 countries, the "intelligence of the people, particularly the smartest 5 percent, made a big contribution to the strength of their economies." Intelligence was determined by various factors such as test scores in science and technology and Nobel Peace prize awards.

In the 2015 book "Hive Mind," economics professor Garett Jones argues that a nation's IQ is a fundamental indicator of its economic success."

You're absolutely right. I am constantly aware of this too. I think yo sum up what you said with a quote...

"You want the truth? You can't handle the truth!"

I feel pretty embarassed for you to be honest. You're not convincing anyone with teenager tactics.

evidence of character assasination

You stupid faggot, Peterson is a Jungian psychiatrist / professor. Go back to your dianetics study class before they send handlers looking for you.

linguistically incompetent, and your "analogy" is barely 1/10

I laugh at you

nice digits but it doesn't mean you're not full of shit. he's like anyone you come across, except his arguments and rationale is more thought out. like anything, take what you hear with a grain of salt. patronising nigger