Whats the deal with the obsession with respecting waiters and giving tips suddenly...

Whats the deal with the obsession with respecting waiters and giving tips suddenly. It seems like everyone suddenly wants to discussion it the last year or so. Does this seem like the most odd hot button to anyone else? Anyone know what caused it to become such an issue?

>disrespecting someone that brings you your food
How much cum and spit can you eaten over the years, user?

Only job a lot of people can get since we started handing out the good jobs to anyone who isn't from our country.

That is such bullshit

Tipping food service workers is how over socialized normies shit on non-social professions.

Europeans don't understand the practice because their employment laws require food servicers to make minimum wage. American millennials hate the practice because they're selfish and poor.
Moral is, tip well and the universe will reply in kind.

Explain?

Because if you're too fucking lazy to make food yourself then the least you can do is respect the people who deliver it too you

Respect is something you should give. Tip depends, if it's a extraordinary service then it's okay>

A lot of retards assume tipping is costing them extra money because they don't understand how restaurant expenses work.

I like tipping because it prevents the government from stealing even more money. Always tip with cash.

But young lib types seem to be the one losing it about everyone should always tip generously. Even ones who have never worked food service. I went out with one who actually tried to grab money from my wallet to tip a guy more because she though twenty percent was stingy, I said no and she threw down some of her own money talking about wait staff being unappreciated. We've been friends since elementary and I know shes always been cheap and never had a job before, it was so uncharacteristic. My social media seems to be full of people who have never worked food service saying tip more and theyre I've even seen dozens of news articles so I dont think it's just the people I know either

See what I'm talking about, even here people get so upset, it's weird. And I never said I dont tip, just I dont give huge tips

You see this with every female majority job. They think they should get given the world for getting their hands dirty, meanwhile they're making three times what the people in the kitchen are making.

paying 20% of yoru fine dining bill to some nuMale that is only friendly to you because you'ore paying them to bring you food.
Another fucking retarded past-time from Americunts

>obsession with respecting waiters

well I am not a nigger and I act according to the golden rule, not just in the face of waiters

cool, maybe you can get a tipping medal for your honorable contribution, faggot

>tip well and the universe will reply in kind.

I'm not sure about the universe, but I tip 30% in my local bar, and I can get served from the other side of a crowded room on a Friday night.

Because most people are forced to work in the service industry now.

Thanks america for selling out your manufacturing industry

If tipping wasn't a custom here, food would be 20% more expensive. If you can't afford it, don't go out for meals (though you probably just spend mommy's money anyway since you're clearly a 15 year old).

You don't see normies tipping factory workers or any kind of behind the scenes worker, but they sperg out when you don't "respect" some stupid cunt for walking over to you.

Currently working part time in a restaurant.

15% is the standard gratuity we add to large parties (8 or more individuals). 18% is what the EOD tends to add to their meals, and some of our servers (white older ladies in their sixties/seventies) talk about how they'd usually tip ~20% when on lunch business dinners when they were younger. From what I've noticed most people like to leave even numbers like $5, $10, or (rarely) $20, or will bring their total to an even dollar amount (total is something like $36.36 so they total it out to $40). Others just leave whatever is handy in their pocket/wallet, usually a couple dollars.

Probably isn't wholly indicative since it isn't a full service restaurant, but I digress.

factory workers don't get paid $2 / hour because tips are expected. have you ever held employment? be honest, little guy.

Fuck you retard. They're obligated by law to pay you min wage if the tips don't balance out. They're not in a hazardous or toxic environment. They get to socialize all fucking day.

I should add that I live in a state where food servers make the minimum wage and are generally taxed, according to the restaurant manager, as if they were making ~$11/hr. They still bitch, like mad, whenever they're stiffed or feel they aren't making enough tips.

Again, it's not a full service restaurant (servers are basically glorified bussers and drink runners), and there's front facing kitchen staff who are occasionally tipped as well.

Holy shit you just revealed your faggot level

t. food service monkey

Anyone have any ideas where all thos polarization with wait staff in particular popped up from. Like I said in op, it seems like the weirdest hot button topic. Especially considering they are required by law to come out at at least min wage no matter what, usually make more, and its not a dangerous or particular bad service job.

Not saying they don't deserve tips ir min wage, they ddefinitely do. But why all the emotionb over their benefits in particular over other low level low wage jobs?

Very likely the swathes and hordes of 'gender studies' faggots realising that this is what the next 40 years holds in store for them.

Like i said earlier they are overly social narcissists who want you to lick their feet for talking at you.

Because they get paid 2$ an hour and they are human beings who are trying to make a living.

You will get amazing service because you do.

I thought respect is earned. Basic human decency is a given.

Y'all can argue against not being generous all you want but in any light you look like a fucking cunt kike when you are salty about tipping 20% what fucking loser dengenatre is going to take their beta hate out on a waiter? Only nig nogs complain

Agreed

Y'all are a lead poisoned hick with no understanding of the law. I tell yuh hwat!

You sound like a nig or a kike. Be honest which are you?

You are a literal retard. They have to pay you min wage if the tips don't balance out. Why not go tip some nice behind the scenes worker? I bet you don't even know where tipping came from. It used to buy you better quality tea at a faster pace, but nowadays you just don't get spit with your microwave food.

Basketball Americans don't trip.

I used to be a waiter..... lmfao I know how it goes you fucking groid.
Take your puesdo knowledge and your real Jew knoledge and go back to your roastie who loves cheap small dick fucks like yourself

You were never paid 2$ an hour. That's illegal.

BY THE COMPANY I WAS. But being a waiter means you live off of others' GENEROSITY. You penny pinching Jew

The iphone is why. Just like it gave access to posting to poor blacks who now shit up every board they find, wage slaves in service jobs used to be ignored by everyone other than others in the service industry. Now that they all have iphones, they can whine endlessly about how much more difficult bring someone a fork is than underwater welding.

It should be illegal for you to reproduce. Now that shit should be illegal.

What state were you in? I will prove you a liar. They have to pay you min wage if the tips don't balance out.

The logic is impeccable. Let me guess Sub Saharan?

Psychopaths mistreat those who are serving them. Be wary of anyone who does that. It's the most severe personality disorder around

How many times have you tipped your mail or garbage man?

That is true you moron. You are missing the forest for the trees. The point is you have a kike view on tipping and you are miserable, tiny dick beta cuck.
Is that clear now?

I would love to murder you.

I guarantee more than your Jewish ass

No, just someone who doesn't have to panhandle diners to cover their share of the rent. Try getting a grown up job and you'll realize how dumb being a beggar is.

Send me your address and I'll knock on your door cuck

I believe tipping should be earned obviously. If service is shit or slow then definitely talk to the manager about it. However if you ever visit a state like California NEVER EVER tip. Those fucks are payed usually $9 to $11 an hour PLUS tips. Onviously California would pass legislation to protect all the gender study students now waiting tables. So on top of that you will still have them BITCH once they dont get a tip. California is fucked.

Nerd fight!

>Waahhh waahhh why aren't they charging me for extra protein
Good goy, wanna massage my plantar warts this Saturday?

TIP

To Insure promptness

Nerd fight? I would love to actually fight. Send me your address? Please :)

turns out 90% of americans on Sup Forums have worked as waiters and are now buttblasted
>all those meme excuses for tipping
lmao poorfags

And what cunt-try are you from?

Turns out 99% of the world didn't know Estonia exsisted

Must have had every citizen suck off Putin to get his shit hole of a land mass.

>suddenly.
I am always respectful, of almost anyone working at a job
Somebody has to do this work
Except telemarketers and canvassers
Those assholes deserve no respect

After Putin rapes Crimea. You are next and American /pol doesn't want to hear you betas beg for our BWCs to come save you

I would like a hamburger with fries and a medium coke
thank you

Dont forget to not tip and instead bang their whore mother, she will cover baby's welfare

No tip!?

>Just got home from a 3 week roadtrip in murrica
>Ate at restaurants 1-2 times every day
>Never the same restaurant

And I didn't tip once. Those slimy cunts didn't have the chance to fuck with my food since I never ate at the same place twice.

Even at coffee shops where we ordered coffee to-go, they had the nerve to imply that they wanted tips.

It's not my fucking responsibility to pay your wages, you dumb cucks.

Some employers assume that severs are going to make 10% on tips and they report this as income to the government
If you do not tip them, servers are paying taxes on income they did not recieve

>Some employers assume

Not my fucking problem. Again, I'm not responsible for their wages or their inability to negotiate.

i did the same over thanksgiving, makes eating out really cheap.

In America
>food is $x including tax
>please pay $1.15x or I'll spit and piss into your food
>I deserve 0.15x regardless of the value of x, or my performance

Everywhere else
>food is $x including tax
>I get paid a flat $y/hr by my employer like in almost every other job on earth
>thank you come again

America's excuses
>they are paid below minimum wage you jerk! (false)
>What's the matter? Too poor? Maybe you shouldn't eat out if you can't afford it.
>haha stop being so Jewish (who's jewing who here?)
>hope you like cum and spit in your food! :^)

You should tip if someone is serving you and other people at the same time, bring your food out and otherwise giving consistent, good service. So basically just tip waiters.

>Even at coffee shops where we ordered coffee to-go, they had the nerve to imply that they wanted tips.
Yeah that's bullshit.

Eating out is expensive even if you don't tip.

We know foreign cucks and blacks don't tip
You imagine what happens in the kitchen, hint, it involves the dishwasher who is the least caring if he loses his shit job

French café waiter are total dicks i never tip them. I tip only if the service was pleasant to me or if i like the waiter

>You should tip if someone

I should tip them for doing their job? I understand that the tipping culture in the US is so deeply ingrained in most people for them to realize just how fucking stupid it is, but I'm not going to abide by it.

I'm not going to tip someone for doing their job when I'm already paying for a service. What their wages are or how they negotiate with their employer is none of my concern.

I don't tip the plumber, and he'll still fix my pipes.
I don't tip the garbageman, and he'll still pick my shit up.
I don't tip the mailman, and he still delivers my shit.
I don't tip my mechanic, and he still fixes my car.

Waiters who get butthurt when they aren't tipped are fucking scum.

I'm not saying tipping is a perfect system
But it is the system in place in the US
There are so many battles to fight, you have to choose the ones that are important to you
What is your motivation to not tip?
Your righteous indignation at a flawed system?
Or are you just a cheap bastard?

No one if forcing you to tip. It's a matter of etiquette. It's what we do here. If you don't want to do then fine, it's your choice and right not to, but remember that people won't look too kindly on you. I don't.

Fuck you. I don't tip nor will I ever tip. When I was young I worked at a dairy. Back breaking fucking work but I got paid my hours and that was it. There were no extra 5 dollars at the end of the fucking pallets. I fucking hate waiters. Literally the scum of society. If anyone deserves a tip it's the chef not the asshole who had to walk 20 feet with maybe a pound worth of food. Fuck tipping fuck waiters and fuck you for making this shit thread.

Im canadian and even i knew is part of your laws. You don't need to tip...

>everywhere else
>...
>if you feel like i did a really good job give me some extra money, if not that's fine too

fixed
but yeah you are mostly right

I'm not sure if this is a slide thread or not, so saging just to be sage.

>Anyone know what caused it to become such an issue?

Yes, the same movie that settled this issue once and for all.

Look up Reservoir Dogs, newfriend.

>Employer refuses to pay proper wage to employee
>Employee gets angry, not at the employer, but at customer if proper wage is not received
>Rather than force employer to pay employee a proper wage, social pressure is used to force customer to directly pay employees salary

The US is a great country, but when it comes to workers' rights (which is what tipping culture is all about), you're as fucking backwards as can be. The greatest jew trick was making sure the employee targets the customer rather than the employer, if wages are stagnant.

There were a couple of places which had a built-in 20% gratuity charge, and I had no fucking problem with that. The employer had bent the knee to the employees, and actually made sure they were paid a proper wage.

>17 posts by this ID.
>Trying this hard to defend tipping.

It's almost as if your life depends on it. Butthurt bus-boy.

>saging
hi newfriend

See:
This is law in the USA. Has been for a while.

This.

Tipping is retarded and upholds a culture of shitty wages and basically ass kissing and begging for money.

>workers' rights (which is what tipping culture is all about)
No it's not
Tipping culture has been around for longer than worker's rights
And it exists in other countries than the US

>Plumber makes $40-70/hour doing his work
>Garbageman makes $25-40/hour doing his work
>Mailman makes $25-45/hour doing his work
>Mechanic makes $30-80/hour doing his work

>Waiter makes slightly over $2/hour without tips

Yeah, maybe what you Eurofags need is to acutally KNOW how much the people you're talking about get paid before you make comparisons and look like literal fucking retards.

Here's a hint as well: Tipping is the ultimate in meritocracy. If service sucks, you don't tip. If you have a great experience, then you tip handsomely. If it's mediocre, you tip accordingly.

See, we don't mind it here because we don't have to watch some surly fuck waiter get paid $20/hour because you don't want to tip them. If they fail, they get financially ass raped, just as nature intended.

But, the words "Europe" and "meritocracy" are polar opposites, so this may be beyond your comprehension.

>he doesn't understand that if waitstaff suddenly get paid $15-25/hour, food prices increase accordingly vs. making the waiter actually perform highly in order to be rewarded for doing his job correctly.

THIS.IS.NOT.DIFFICULT.TO.UNDERSTAND.

Yet, I can't seem to find Europeans who aren't baffled by such a thing. I though you were "smarter than the stupid Americans", but that can't be since simple things keep going right over your head.

you do your job you get paid like we agreed
no need to go all gypsie on me and start begging for money in the middle of the restaurant
its embarrasing

They're fucking servants, if my job is to serve, I expect 1 thing, to serve, get spit on, shit spilled on me, I'm a LOWLY SERVANT! there's a reason that title has the connotation it does. Same goes with cops, they SERVE us [not rule]. Its nice to be nice to them as you would be the odd 1 out with a heart to the lowly servant but its not mandatory. Our society is getting too soft.

maybe food should be more expensive then, so you have less fat niggers and spics

having your food spat on just because you didnt tip some fuckhead is fucking retarded

>food prices increase accordingly vs. making the waiter actually perform highly in order to be rewarded for doing his job correctly

Then why don't you apply the tipping procedure to every service occupation? If people doing their jobs correctly solely depends on what they might receive in tip.

Just cut wages across the fucking line, and make people tip based on performance.

Doctors, dentists, mailmen, electricians, plumbers, mechanics. All of them.

Because it'll cut costs and improve performance. Right?

>are you just a cheap bastard
Like clockwork

In almost every other profession, your employer decides your hourly pay. If he thinks your work is worth $x/hr, that's what you are paid.

Now if you think your service is worth more than $x/hr (because you smile more and remember who orders what, etc), you find an employer who's willing to pay you say 1.5x/hr for your efforts.

This is literally how the job market works to allocate labour.

In any case, your employment is a contract between you and your employer. You are not entitled to anything extra from customers (they're welcome to leave a tip), and you have no right to hold your services hostage for a nice fat tip.

This, these "hurr durr get a jerb" fags have never had a real job.

People being paid a set wage have less incentive to perform their job well.
The low wage with tips practically forces waiters to do a good job unless they wanna starve.
Otherwise you get lazy fucks spitting in your food because what do they care, they'll get paid $15/hr whether they offer good service or not.
All business should operate based on meritocracy.

It's the way things work.

See, you pay MORE for shitty service than I do. I get shit service, I don't tip, and they learn the hard way.

YOU get some crabby fuck who throws your food in your lap and doesn't come back to give any service and you STILL pay him as if he gave you good service.

Who's the cuck here? Anyone who thinks that you should get paid the same for a service-related position even when they give you shit service.