Does Christ have to return before people land on Mars for Revelations to be valid?

I've taken an interest in Christianity as of late, but it struck me as odd that it puts a time limit on itself to prove whether or not it is true (at least, that seems to be the case in Revelations). All the people, living or dead, are brought forth on Earth for judgement in the end times. Does that mean such an event must occur before humankind goes interplanetary?

If so, I'd imagine we only have 500 or so years before we have stable extraplanetary habitat.
It my understanding that Christ returns while humankind has not left Earth correct? And if so, what would happen to the Church if we became an interplanetary civilization?

Other urls found in this thread:

hallindsey.com/videos/hal-lindsey-report-692017/536/
whygodreallyexists.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't think you are supposed to take Bible stories literally. I am agnostic, and when I read it, I tried to interpret them as metaphorical.

The second coming doesn't have to be a local hebbening, moreover - if I remember correctly - it's strictly stated that one shouldn't worry about any particular date, ergo it may be tomorrow or in 30 billion years. Like - one has to be ready at any given time.

The more we spread out, the longer we delay the return of Christ.
He's a busy guy, he doesn't have time to go around to each of us and judge us individually like some kind of santa clause, so he's waiting until we all come together in one place on our own before he pops down to judge us all in one fell swoop.

If we spread out into space, it may be hundreds of thousands of years before we all reunite on earth again to witness the return.

Originally Revelation was thought to be the fall of the Western Roman Empire.

IIRC the return of Christ is the part that's supposed to be literal.

I always assumed it was just planet-local as described in the Bible.

I remember hearing this as well; I don't know what brought about the change in interpretation, if there is one. And if there isn't, Christ did not return at the fall of the empire.

Why would your opinion as an agonostic be valuable

>Humans flee Earth to escape the Final Judgement
>Humans work with aliens to develop weapons and develop new skills
>Armageddon isnt between good and evil
>its a battle between God and Humans
>mfw

Sounds just like my JRPGs

Sounds like the premise to a novel series.
But you must wonder why humans would want to fight God during final judgement unless they knew they dun goofed and weren't going to make the cut.

As a christian I cannot believe you would think we could first colonize other planets and then magically come back to earth. I can't play that kind of mental gymnastics

The most important verse people miss about Christ's return is Matthew 24:37. The end will be just like the days of Noah.

History begins and ends with the fallen angels.

>Men will live several hundred years and the rich may be "immortal"
>There will be a mix of human and angelic beings living on Earth
>Technology will surpass what humans normally have
>Genetic manipulation and half humans will probably be common
>The rich will be living under the mountains
>There must be a one world government which was at least partially destroyed
>Religion and specifically Christianity must have seen a great apostasy

Some interpretations have prophecy being fulfilled like Russia invading the US and being destroyed by angels. Weird stuff but it's in there.

Plot twist nigga. God is the bad guy.

Any person with at least few pages of theological understanding doesn't and shouldn't take the Bible literally

Hal Lindsey is an expert on end-times prophesy for many decades. His show this week deals with armageddon. Put on your seatbelts.
hallindsey.com/videos/hal-lindsey-report-692017/536/

Jeremiah 8:8
How can you say, ‘We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us’? But behold, the lying pen of the scribes has made it into a lie.
1 John 5:19
We know that we are from God, and the whole world lies in the power of the evil one.

According to the bible, a fallen angel wanted to be God, and his people populate the earth and are the majority.
This fallen angel was to deceive all so they worshipped him.
According to the bible, God is evil as fuck, just like a demon, very unjust, very boastful, very arrogant.

It is very easy to tell what has happened here.

Christians, muslims and jews, all of them worship the devil.

>End times
>Turns out the Christian Gnostics were right and we were praising the Demiurge all along.

Why take any aspect of it seriously, then, including the resurrection/God?

See

You need to read more, and not some schizophrenic's webpage

Hello son of the devil, how is your butthurt from being caught hot handed go?

Oh shit you got me

except bible theologians all take the bible literally you stupid kyke
the only exception is Genesis and Job

Do yourself a favor and research human history and religious history. The earth is cyclical, the solar system is cyclical, the galaxy is cyclical, the universe is cyclical.

Do you really think in that in that intelligent mind of yours that God is going to come down to earth (this spec of dust) in the cosmos and decide, due to a bunch of idiots, hit the power button on the vast universe?

Human civilization is much older than you think and has gone through way more massive tragedies than you think. How many of those civilizations do you think blamed such calamities on God and declared it the end only for it to begin again? Empires rise and fall... Human civilization (across the globe) does as well. The larger the connectivity and idiocy, the larger the calamity. Life doesn't just end. It begins again.. and again and again as it has for all of history.

This guy makes unironic posts about thr pineal gland and DMT

there are many prophecies in the bible that put a much shorter time limit than that
assumimg the fig tree refers to Israel then we only have about 30 years left before the generation that saw the rebirth of Israel dies off
and according to the Bible the rapture will happen before then

Only problem with that is many of the prophecies had yet to be fulfilled.

The creation of Israel was a huge fulfillment.

>rapture
>a word that is in the bible

pick one m8

Jews are pushing war because they know THEY PISSED GOD OFF SO FUCKING MUCH..

humans have never gone to another planet before or gone extinct before

>Assuming the fig tree refers to Israel

The one that got cursed? I've never heard it was meant to represent Israel.
I doubt they take ALL of Revelatons literally: I think Rabbis don't take any of the Old Testament literally, actually.

it doesn't matter if the word exists the concept is clearly described in the bible you fucking faggot
I knew you rapture deniers couldn't control yourselves though

fig tree is pretty commonly agreed upon to be referring to Israel.

If Jesus comes back and you're not on earth, you're simply screwed and don't get raptured. That's why I'll never leave for space. Earth is comfy enough.

Quite convenient for prophecies to "be at any time in the future, but probably soon"

Abrahamic religion is a joke that people take too seriously, especially Christianity

>omnipotence

>Jesus is too busy

Pick one

Please don't be an idiot and claim there haven't been broad based extinction events on earth....

Ordovician–Silurian Extinction
Late Devonian Extinction
Permian–Triassic extinction
Triassic–Jurassic extinction
Cretaceous–Paleogene extinction

I'm not talking about another planet. I'm talking about the moron concept of (the end of times) as asserted by the bible.

No he means the prophecy in Jeremiah not the event with Jesus.

> Guy makes intelligent post about documented human history and how some work of fiction isn't aligned with the (((truth))).

>It my understanding that Christ returns while humankind has not left Earth correct?
He will return within our lifetime. The signs of the end of times are everywhere.
whygodreallyexists.com

there are some who believe the events in revelation have already occurred.

what the hell does that have to do with the first intelligent species on earth?

self awareness and civilization are a very new thing
animals dying in the past has nothing to do with us
and if we manage to colonize another planet then we'll avoid the next extinction event
that or eliminate any threats like asteroids

>it's all just like, a cycle man
How do previous partial collapses preclude a complete one. They don't.

>t. heathen

>us flag
>calls me kike

My question then is what happened to the Christ returning thing? I've seen in the thread that some think Revelations was about Rome, but Christ didn't return then.

anyone trying to say the bible in its entirety is "not meant to be taken literally"
and is therefore just a nice story with good lessons is a kike yes

That's exactly what it is though. If you drop the interpretation that the AC builds the temple, you can actually interpret it as he rips the temple out of the heavens from the Prince of the Host.

10 And it waxed great, even to the host of heaven; and it cast down some of the host and of the stars to the ground, and stamped upon them.

11 Yea, he magnified himself even to the prince of the host, and by him the daily sacrifice was taken away, and the place of the sanctuary was cast down.

12 And an host was given him against the daily sacrifice by reason of transgression, and it cast down the truth to the ground; and it practised, and prospered.

He then proclaims himself a god and fights against God. The mystery of sin is that when humans knew good and evil they learned suffering, and suffering led to invention, invention led to war, and that spurred on further invention until it culminates in the full advancement of man. When the dragon said men would be as gods, he just left out the part about it taking thousands of years to come to fruition.

The return is literal, but the time is unknown.
Also many parts of revelations are literal, but described with symbols. The events will happen.

People being on mars doesnt really mean anything. God can do whatever really. "earth" also may mean "the realm of humans".
thats what modern atheist scholars and """progressive""" Christians say. I wouldnt trust that at all. They have an agenda of turning Christianity into a "every one is saved, sin is good" religion.

To further bolster this interpretation, consider these verses in Revelation.

11 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.

2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

John measures the temple, in heaven, not on earth. The worshipers are inside the inner sanctum and are where the martyrs of the past worship along with the angels. By measuring it, the inncer sanctum is protected. It is highly suggestive of how measurement affects quantum mechanics too, which removed the possibility of him taking the entire thing. Why else mention the measurement as a protective act? When it says sacrifices cease, it was also said there are spiritual sacrifices in heaven.

All this requires a person to reorient their view of heaven as being another plane of existence though and to see it as space. That isn't to say it's where the dead go either, that is a seemingly separate place where they go to rest.

Read the gospel of Judah.
>God (Baal) created 12 undergods
>Yahve is one of them and he is evil
>Yahve created earth and everything on it
>Jews are worshipping Yahve, the god of storm and war, forgetting Baal.
>Jesus mad at the priests because they worship the wrong god, Yahve instead of Baal
>Tell the truth to Judah because only him can understand
>Jesus choose Judah to backstab him because he trust him and need to be sold out to accomplish the prophecy of Zacharia
The real message of Jesus is don't trust jews, they are worshiping an evil god, you have to praise the real God, Baal.

progressive Christians are larpers

There is a pre-tribulation appearance of Christ in the clouds- to gather His believers into the clouds and then home- but he doesn't actually come to earth.
The actual second coming is after the 7 year tribulation when he returns with His army to finally put that snake and all his followers into a pit of fire.
I can't wait!

I must certainly have done so, since there are thousands of beliefs more insane than just basic christian faith of thinking: hey, maybe this is true and they did this move.

Doggo mighty can bring back old skeletons, but not beam back Scotty from Mars

you know what i think, i think the world is becoming Babylon 2.0, we have to reach the peak of technology, unite all the world and build something big, then Jesus comes back

If you believe Revelation occurred in the past then the bible is essentially wrong. There's no way around that.

I think that interpretation lies on a misconception of the meaning of 666 though. People assume it's a name to be understand via gematria and therefore connect it to Nero, but there is another way to view it. Through the simple use of biblical numerics you can see 666 as meaning the ideal man, or the completion of man. 3 is the number of completion, predicated on the notion that 3 lines are needed to complete a simple shape, and whenever numbers are repeated thrice it tends to indicate the complete or ideal form of that own number's symbolic meaning.

6 being the number of man, you can therefore interpret 666 to mean the completion of man. Since the man of sin the product of Satan's act long in the past, and we know sin is an agency at work in the world, you simply have to ask to what end has sin been focused? In my observation sin is found in the dissonance between our instincts and our moral awareness. This has been the engine behind all human innovation. So the advancement of civilization and trying to become a multiplanetary species with our brains connected to a global AI system is precisely what biblical prophecy culminates in.

Also the golden calf is an attribute of Baal, that's why Moses chimped out.
Sometimes Baal is also named Yahbaalon, Yahve-Baal-Amon Ra.

Yeah, when I see a mixture of religions I recognize the stupified paw of the devil, for some reason they cannot tell a lie without sounding very retarded.

That's the one world government. Remember that the first Tower of Babel was built just after the Flood. The world had been great because of spiritual beings, then man tried to do it on his own. God doesn't seem to want mankind to be too successful down here.

Nobody said its a nice stories with good lessons you idiot, you're not reading a night story for a baby

People have read it dozens of times and they still don't understand it, because it has been written after few people observed the situation in the region for thousands of years.

If it lasted for two millenias then it means it's not irrelevant even though they tried to bury it alongside history

This is also my contention for why Revelation hearkens back to Babylon as a symbol. The mystery of sin is likely also the Mystery of Babylon. The tower of babel was when mankind was trying to reach the heavens, but in a shittier way. More importantly is the stated reason for the confusion of the languages.

And the Lord said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.

Men can do whatever they imagine when their efforts are combined. The mystery of babylon may be the collective efforts of mankind to escape its own condition.

I like your post but I'll suggest the final result of sin is a complete disconnection from the transient realm of God. Dwell on that.

What is God's realm? Why is it transient? My suggestion is based entirely on what is stated in the bible and what has happened historically since the dawn of agriculture.

i dont think it's going to be a good future for common people tho
Jews since the 90 are promoting the sexual liberation to make males queers and dociles, for slave labour

you're still basically saying it's a fictitious story that is good for teaching morals and thats it

and saying that theologians agree with you is blatantly false because the vast majority of biblical scholars take it literally

>tfw even agnostics understand bible better than burger """christians"""

kys relativist scum

And I'm focused specifically on the collective effects of sin.

For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

Sin here is described as something that works. Work has a specific goal in mind, it is teleological in nature. If you really believe in the Dragon then you must admit he is far older and smarter than any human who has yet lived, yet people ascribe to him unidimensional motives like 'sending people to hell with him' and other nonsense. Pushing human evolution in his own desired direction is more along the lines of what I'd expect from such an entity.

Revelations is a jewish masturbatory story about revenge against Rome for destroying the temple

you know the dragon is just the devil right?

proteshits ruined the west

We were never going to leave Earth, that's why. It was never an option, this is our home for better or for worse. "They" won't allow it until Judgement comes, you'll understand then.

The only salute is to acknowledge the existence of Baal as THE real god, so you can be liberated from this evil world of suffering.
Also that's why islam is evil, Muhammad basicaly said : I am tunning christianity by saying God is only one not three, continuing the rhetoric of the jews and NOT by delievering a new message to mankind in order to gain salute.
That's also why catholisism and specially the pope is against the idea of the devil, because by essence Yahve IS the devil, so is Allah.

>just the devil

And? An entity nearly as old as the universe described as ruling 1/3 of the stars in the universe is not 'just' something. Not exactly sure what you think you're reducing him to.

you are pushing the demiurge meme right?

Cuckolicks are the greatest heresy
here's one now telling us the Bible fictional
holy shit go pray to the pope and ask him why Protestants trigger you

>I've taken an interest in Christianity as of late
lol a larping christcuck

>Baal

No

>Jews
>Wanting Jesus to come back

>Sup Forumschose to side with heqet (kek, kuk) instead of baal of lel

If only we had chose him over a chaos god. The memes were great, but I really can't stand the sargon kekistani plebbitors it brought over. That's chaos, I guess.

Nope, second time you're projecting too much.

The only thing I'd say is that it's written by PEOPLE with a different understanding of the world than the one we have today (obviously). That means it's still true but not on the literal meaning. It's like you're saying you can't understand figures of speech, or better said archaisms.

Many of the words in the Bible today didn't even existed back then, that's why there are so many translations of it and that's why people get lost in the meaning of the words.

And just in case you think the notion is ridiculous, consider how Michael slowly wins the 'war in heaven' drying up the Dragon's territory finally leaving him nowhere to go but earth where he is thrown for the end of the age.

Also this

25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;

26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.

That is the event that happens at the very end of the 7 year tribulation, and in Rev it says that army numbers 200 million and is led by 4 angels who go forth to slay 1/3 of humanity. They don't come from underground, or some other dimension, they come from the heavens above and humanity goes nuts at their appearance. What do you imagine this is describing?

the devil is powerless in the face of God and has no authority over His children
no real Christian has anything to fear from the dragon as he cannot affect us

but when I said "just" it wasn't meant to be diminutive

The idea of the rapture was created by a faggot in the 1800s and if the idea of the rapture were a legitimate idea to be taken seriously it would need to be able to mesh with the other scriptures refering to the second coming of Christ. Which it does not. Eat shit rapture heretic.

It also destroys islam since the establishment of caliphate becomes impossible.

Also, how do you pray to mecca from mars?

>and saying that theologians agree with you is blatantly false because the vast majority of biblical scholars take it literally
St. Augustine disagree.
Also, protestant "theologians" are not real theologians, most of them don't even know greek

We're never going to mars. It's all downhill from here.

Over the soul but the body? Even the pettiest trash can cause you physical harm. And the danger of the paradigmatic shock the end of the age will bring will definitely crush a lot of peoples' faith.

32 And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.

33 And they that understand among the people shall instruct many: yet they shall fall by the sword, and by flame, by captivity, and by spoil, many days.

Jesus was just the rabbi of a radical Jewish apocalypse cult, which were fairly common during that time. The only difference is that his got bigger via exposure to the greeks and the early church eventually allowing gentiles to join though it was opposed by many of the apostles

I've been nonreligious for a while now.

it's either true or it isn't true you retard
there's no "figurative" truth
the events as described in the Bible are all historical except Genesis is simplified and fanciful

all the prophecies are considered real
saying it's not meant to be taken literally says you're just taking it as a philosophy
it isn't a philosophy it's reality

This. The rapture is dangerous because it makes people lazy. The only thing close to it is the moment at the 7th trump when the elect are gathered form the 4 corners of heaven and earth. Of course the heaven part implies some have already died during the tribulations so not much of a 'rapture'.

It just means people who go to Mars don't get into heaven

wow your shit Saints are not authorities in any way
your heretical religion doesn't even attempt to be biblical and just makes shit up
the Bible is the ultimate authority and the word of God
and your failed religion of traditions and idol worship is exactly the type of church God likes to tear down

I'm orthodox you larping bafoon

Life is a continuous circle

Nope, i am not pushing anything, just explaining the gospel of Judah

the devil can't harm those under God's protection physically or spiritually
unless you let him ofc

>the events as described in the Bible are all historical
exodus

I think you might be mental. Go and see a doctor in the morning.