Are there any Nationalist or even non-biased books about the Spanish Civil War? Every one I find...

Are there any Nationalist or even non-biased books about the Spanish Civil War? Every one I find, even the scholarly books, portray the Republicans as valiant liberators defending against the evil fascists.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Bearing-False-Witness-Debunking-Anti-Catholic/dp/1515960196
translate.google.com/translate?sl=es&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http://www.libertaddigital.com/opinion/historia/el-pucherazo-del-frente-popular-en-1936-1276239709.html&edit-text=&act=url
youtube.com/watch?v=ILyQjVpTYSI
es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beatos_Mártires_Claretianos_de_Barbastro
youtube.com/watch?v=AHDkkijLp50
youtube.com/watch?v=6pu4gst3FmI
youtu.be/tYv-yp-nidk?t=131
youtu.be/Yu-ZHihLNK4
youtube.com/watch?v=st67ssYh-kk
youtube.com/watch?v=XYztHhI4BO0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i know its annoying as fuck
I remember a documentary starting with ^people celebrating the republican victory (1932) i think
and when they show the nationalist side, it goes like heavy music; dark clouds

I don't think so OP

The republicans were communists and anarchists who turned on each other. They destroyed churches and murdered priests, murdered anyone who wasn't a communist. It was pretty despicable.

Maybe. I found a quite objective look at the Civil War but it's in Spanish.

Most Spanish Civil War books were made by leftist cucks who fought for the Republicans.

objective documentary about*

No because the Republicans were valiant liberators defending against evil fascists.

Hugh Thomas maybe ...

i started reading for whom the bell tolls,at 100 pages in i had to stop,too much "muh evil fascist" things going on.
i don't think you will find what you are looking for

Asking any spaniard grandpa, republicans were murderers.

George Orwell's "Homage to Catalonia" is pretty good. Although he fought for the republican side, he was in an anarchist workers' militia which ended up being suppressed by the communists towards the end of the war. It offers a good detailing of how the "revolution" in barcelona failed and his disillusionment with soviet policy without unfairly portraying the nationalists as goose-stepping miniature adolfs

The Victorious Counterrevolution perhaps. Just beware the author is a kike and he tries to slip some persecution of the Jews in there.

if you had finished it, you'd have gotten to the part where the communist guerrillas betray everyone lol

>Every one I find, even the scholarly books, portray the Republicans as valiant liberators defending against the evil fascists.

That's literally what happened. How is it biased?

i couldn't,that old lady annoyed me too much

also, the film "There Be Dragons". look it up.

Nationalists did nothing wrong, tell me one thing wrong nationslists did.

Republicans murdered jose antonio.

This book has plenty of redpills against revolutionary spain and revolutionary france against the church
amazon.com/Bearing-False-Witness-Debunking-Anti-Catholic/dp/1515960196

nationalists failed to support the reich. Enough said.

>tell me one thing wrong nationslists did.

Doing a coup d'etat because they didn't agree with the election results?

kkekeekkek, we just had a incredibly bloody civil war, now lets recklessly and without purpose join a world war, where we know the nazis will lose, and as a result Spain will become communist when they inevitably get backhanded

Here you go.

It's proven Frente Popular stole the elections which provoke Spanish Civil War.

Also, backup link
>translate.google.com/translate?sl=es&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http://www.libertaddigital.com/opinion/historia/el-pucherazo-del-frente-popular-en-1936-1276239709.html&edit-text=&act=url

>Bilboa

Can you give me the name? I speak Spanish and would like to see.

You mean elections in which the left won via electoral fraud nad freed those anarchist niggers who made an insurrection which killed 2000 persons?

I was in Madrid a few weeks ago for a company trip. I asked the tour company people for directions to take an excursion to visit the Valley of the Fallen. They looked at me like I had three heads. "I'm amazed you even know what that is" one of them said.

We did Division Azul and were the best ones in the Eastern Front, shut the fuck up. You later supported us for decades because we hated commies so fucking much so you could have a country in US against the soviets so you can't say shit

They faked the results

Obligatory OST
youtube.com/watch?v=ILyQjVpTYSI
...And that's why Trump's victory means nothing. Franco ruled Spain for 30 years, but culturally his regime apologysts had zero relevance. The result? Today we consider today that Republicans were a bunch of Dindus, and nobody talks about their killings of religious people
es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beatos_Mártires_Claretianos_de_Barbastro
Plus pic related

Classic excuse. When someone you don't like wins the elections it's because of voter fraud.

and*
youtube.com/watch?v=AHDkkijLp50
It's a documentary which explains what lead to the Civil War.

There's literal proof about it, holy shit, what do you even know about this country?

Let's assume it's true, why didn't Franco allow free elections after he won if he was so concerned about democracy being tampered by voter fraud?

you dont know shit
it has now been demonstrated (some months ago) that the last elections were the commies won were rigged. The uprising of the army didnt come out of nowhere, during 5 years all the left did was push for a commie revolution killing political opponents, burning hundreds of churches, killing priests, raping and killing nuns. the right were no angels either but the left was really radicalised during those times. It was not a democratic republic, it was a pre-revolutionary leftie republic with its main goal being the instauration of a communist regime. ignoring more than 50% of spaniards who werent communist.
read a fucking book before spouting shit

*bombs you*

I kek'd

this is also a very simplified explanation its surprising how complex those times where, luckily it had the best (not perfect) outcome of those possible

You know the coup wasn't lead by him, right?
When he became the leader of the right-wing group the coup already failed and the civil war already began.
He was actually quite doubtful about joining in at first.
The coup was staged to restore the Monarchy, just like the first republic, but ended up in a pseudo-fascist dictatorship.

By the way, people should trace paralels between Spanish Civil War and Mexican Cristeros
youtube.com/watch?v=6pu4gst3FmI

Because Democracy wasn't a thing back then. I mean, the only true democratic countries at that time were US, UK, France and Czekoslovakia.

Thanks user I'll watch it, seems good.

That's what I remember, the Commies were just using them like useful idiots and basically the MC was a cuck, basically how Hemingway felt irl

It's pretty similar with the exception that the Republic fucking hated everyone leaning right.

Anthony Beevor is surprisingly neutral given the fact he wrote his book in 82'. While he's certainly critical of the Nationalists, he doesn't whitewash the lefists, not only reporting on the atrocities comitted against the civilians but also blaming their retarded land ownership reforms for the famine.

there's even a scene in the final chapter where the commie leader turns around and shoots some of his own men as they retreat from the bridge haha

you need a new franco

If I remember correctly, even Republicans hated their commanders, always leading them towards death, while the Nationalists were better organized and knew when to attack.

I think there was this insane guy who was shot by his own men in the back because they could no longer stand it.

Pretty much, the Civil War kinda sounds too eerie similar if the left and right duke it out now

Also give Homage to Catalonia a try. The prose is top notch and gives You a perspective why a POUM volunteer ended up writing 1984.

Pretty much anything by Stanley Payne is even handed.

Burnett Bolloten, The Spanish Civil War: Revolution and Counterrevolution

There are two books by a historian Michael Seidman I think he is an ultra individualist leftist type but he implodes anarchist myths about spain, pick up his two books The Victorious Counterrevolution, and Republic of Egos.

-Combat over Spain: Memoirs of a Nationalist fighter pilot 1936-1939

-Franco's Crypt: Spanish Culture and Memory Since 1936

-Franco's Justice: Repression in Madrid after the Spanish Civil War

Blows away the notion that Franco was muh hitler.

-The 'Red Terror' and the Spanish Civil War: Revolutionary Violence in Madrid

Also if you can read Spanish Pio Moa is supposedly interesting, never read him though.

You are that much of a fucking GILIPOLLAS.

proofs were alredy posted and explained to retards like you, go fuck yourself pastanigger

My grand-grandfather fought in this war. Are there any good western historical works about soviet participation?

He liked prostitutes and party too much, damm you Juancar.

He also killed his youngest brother btw

Also check out The Origins of Franco's Spain : the Right, the Republic and Revolution, 1931-1936 by Richard Alan Hodgson Robinson.

Another interesting and somewhat unusual source for criticisms of the anarchists in Spain, at least for their incompetence and inability to bring about their own so-called liberating program into effect can be found in the writings of left communist types, ICC, IBRP, and so on. this is from a marxist perspective but some interesting nuggets of information in them as well.

Yeah, I agree the Civil War is pretty spooky when you go deep within it. You pretty much see tons of atrocities committed. One such as people blaming each other on being either fascist or communist and then """take walks with soldiers"""" to never being heard from again.

Paweł Skibiński says it's a manipulative rag

My grandpa proudly bombed the shit out of the Republicans. He was more proud of the comunista killed there than of any Brit bombed in Africa or UK.

Also this funny bit.
youtu.be/tYv-yp-nidk?t=131

There were a lot of influencies of Soviet union in 1936. Also, it was a cold war inside spain until it exploded. Murders of both sides were bad, Army and cops were watching how the country was falling to commie ideas and they had to act. It could have been less bloody if that stupid Franco wasn't in charge but Primo de Rivera and "old skirts". There are sayings about Franco "killing" each political rivals he had to be on power, even when war finished

Skibiński believes that anyone who would dare criticize Franco is a stalinist. Also WSieciHistoria is beyond fucking retarded in their version of history.
BTW I didn't propose Homage as a pean to the Nationalists but rather as an interesting read.

Based Italians. youtu.be/Yu-ZHihLNK4

Too bad the Republican government made up a crime he did to in-prison him and take him far way from Madrid.
Did you know Franco tried several ways to save him but in the end couldn't do it?

Yeah, I read a lot about but I'm sure he didnt try enough. Even high military ranks in Republica army were trying to save Jose Antonio. He could have been such a great man and leader

Fucking Largo Caballero should've been gassed before even fucking being born.

20.000 portuguese Viariatos voluntered to the nationalist side.

youtube.com/watch?v=st67ssYh-kk

Based Portuguese. You helped saving Spain from becoming another communist shithole like the Soviet Union.
Had Largo Caballero become ruler of Spain, he would've tried to annex all your country.

Naw bro they were actually fighting fascism, like the real thing, not what some tumblrina calls fascism while acting like a fascist.

There are a couple of them by Cesar Vidal but for the most part the ministry of Truth...I mean, Education tends to forbid them.

More like trying to kill Spain and the fascists saved the country.

They were commie fucks too eager to kill each other to even put a proper war front tho.

In terms of 1-10, how similar are we right now to the Weimar Republic?
I think we are the most degenerate Southern European country.

250th Division killed more soviets in the course of three days than the EEUU in the whole Cold War.

youtube.com/watch?v=XYztHhI4BO0
This doc is quite neutral about the conflict at least more neutral than my old history books
Subs are more or less ok

It's neutral but it doesn't explain shit, but it's worth seeing just for the video.
It talks about the brave Gudari resistance for a while and then suddenly Bilbao has "fallen", jump to next thing. And all over again.

This is the same doc as this one, but this one has the options of auto subs

It's pretty hard to explain everything surrounding the Civil War in 2 hours, to be honest. It's still pretty good as it shows footage from those days.

It is more focused on the existing footage, it will just narrate the results if there is not.
Not everyone had a camera at the time.