Why are musicians so highly appraised in societies?

It seems like having a talent in music is a one way ticket to popularity
I started casually playing the harmonica while walking back and forth between classes at uni and people are always waving and telling me how epic I am and shit
Before I started playing the harmonica I was a nobody
Now people actually talk to me and stuff

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u1mUiAjHzAI
youtube.com/watch?v=yILTEayQmj0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Go get some pussy

How is this political at all, you faggot?

>having a talent in music is a one way ticket to popularity
Try to make a living doing it though.
Actual musical talent is completely devalued nowadays. If you can't pretend to press buttons onstage while some premade computer generated bullshit plays, you have no monetary value.

Because music is high-art.

Musically inclined brains are also mathematically inclined. High IQ all around
this doesn't apply to modern (((music)))

>a super talented DJ fucked my mother in the ass
I kek'd.

>I started casually playing the harmonica while walking back and forth between classes
I want you to close you eyes and repeat after me: there's nothing more embarrassing than yesterday's hipsters.

>super talented DJ
I understand each individual word here, but the statement they make when put together is utter nonsense. This is like saying "Super Talented McDonald's Fry Cook".
There is no such thing.

Autism

Parkinson's. Alzheimer's.
I can name diseases too.

Fun fact: musicians and sheet music companies in the early 20th century tried to sue phonograph record manufacturers because they started losing a lot of work/profits

haha. Yep. That's autism.

Music requires genius to be great at. Along with dedication, creativity, etc. Also, Bill Clinton is a rapist.

Someone get these 3rd world degenerates off my board. literal subhumans

While agree dj's pale in comparison to composers a ton dj's make their own tunes. That being said dj's have to be able to work a crowd. Hype/dance stuff with more mellow intermissions for drinks and, such.

Because bards are overpowered as hell and always have been. Nerf bards!!

>a ton dj's make their own tunes
Then stand in front of an audience & pretend to "perform" them.

Honestly modern electric music is no more technical than yesterdays rock
youtube.com/watch?v=u1mUiAjHzAI
The melodies come from the piano so there is talent in the writing. Drum machines also take a good bit of work to be good at but they're fixated around simplicity and user friendliness unlike normal drums which just sit on their own.
I think that with modern music when it's coming out it's more obvious to spot similar patterns and realize a lot of it sounds the same
If you were living in 1987 I'm sure you'd be sick of hair metal too because it's uninspired
Every Black Sabbath song is just a pentatonic scale. So what? It sounds good. Why does it have to be advanced and full of musical theory that no one gets like some kind of Asian writing system that takes years to comprehend when you could just have a simple alphabet that works just as well

>Posts Bach, best composer ever
>"highly appraised"
>I used to play harmonica

Nice try

Spotted the dj incels

Musical talent isn't about performance, it's about the final sound. There's tons of talented electronic musicians.
youtube.com/watch?v=yILTEayQmj0