Puerto Rico is about to become a rare flag

Puerto Rico is about to become a rare flag
>Referendum results
>97% Statehood
>1.5% Independence
>1.3% Status Quo
>23% Turnout

>Puerto Rico will now put its "Tennessee plan" into action, meaning its governor will choose two senators and five representatives to go to Washington, D.C., to request statehood.
>President Trump signaled during his presidential campaign that he is open to Puerto Rico officially becoming a state.

thehill.com/homenews/news/337347-puerto-rico-votes-in-favor-of-statehood
archive.fo/nt3OZ

Other urls found in this thread:

thehill
archive.is/nt3OZ
youtube.com/watch?v=wIpwKZBAy1Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Archive the clickbaiters

>thehill com/homenews/news/337347-puerto-rico-votes-in-favor-of-statehood
archive.is/nt3OZ

You son of a bitch, I already did it
Love you though

So, if illegal Puerto Ricans came to the US and they'd have to go back to PR, what happens after it becomes a state?

>if illegal Puerto Ricans
u wot?

The island is an American colony, they're American citizens.

Never mind man, I'm probably just retarded.

Ah, okay. I just didn't understand, I thought only worked after it became a state.

>if illegal Puerto Ricans came to the US

You just went full burger.

>illegal Puerto Ricans
Fucking kek

To be fair, Puerto Rico receives little attention in America, so it's not unexpected that most don't know how that works.

I believe you're the retard here.

>I believe you're the retard here.

It's a good thing your beliefs don't matter.

I know this.
The guy from Ukraine does too.
And we both probably won't ever visit US.

Puerto Ricans are citizens, just not under the 14th amendment. Meaning, Congress could repeal the bill making them citizens in the event that they become independent, or otherwise. If they become a state, they have to:
>Pay more taxes
>Get two senators
>Vote for the president
>Have however many representatives the census allows them
>Put another star on the flag
>Become 14th amendment citizens

Why would Republicans volunteerly accept two more democratic senators?

From what I read the likelihood of them being given statehood from the congress is very low to the point of not even paying any mind to.

Every state and to vote on it and they need 2/3rds to win statehood. Won't happen.

>knowing things is retarded

I am broud to be Murican. *sips on 64oz super gulp*

Next time don't fucking provide the original link for retards to click on.

Because then they'll be on record refusing to let a group of people vote on things that effect them. That won't play well to a lot of their voters or to international observers.

There's no way Puerto Rico won't be a state by the end of the year. Buy property now boys

I can't believe we share a flag.

question are you willing to give up your flag and cockfighting?

Just what we need, a poor blue state

yes. cockfighting is degenerate.

>Retard derails the thread so we can't complain about shitarica becoming a state
>Other countries are just going to make fun of America the whole thread
Thanks American education

Now we need to conquer Panama again

Alternatively they would be on record losing the house. PR gets 5 seats. It's not gonna happen. States vote on this.

Referendum means jack shit. Congress has the authority to allow new states. No one else.

its one of the only successful enterprise in puerto rico bringing in $100 million a year it also part of your culture you cuck

youtube.com/watch?v=wIpwKZBAy1Y Nope.

PR sues, then the Supreme Court has to revisit the legality of owning territories but not allowing them to vote. I doubt they will uphold that. Its clearly unethical to not allow people to exercise their franchise.

Its literally the reason the US rebelled against the British.

Our constitution says that every state gets to vote statehood they need 2/3rds to become a state. Congress doesn't just blindly phone it in.

>implying trump wont cash in on this business opportunity.

Aren't you happy?
These all, poor illegal Puerto Ricans will finally be able to live without fear.

Thanks! Perfect video to watch as I eat my bowl of rice.

>America rebels
>becomes independent
>PR rebels
>...

> mfw 64oz is actually a double gulp

They could leave the fucking island if they don't like it. It's a shithole. We should let it be cone independent so they can all die. It's a worthless shithole that produces nothing except welfare leeches.

If they states vote against it as the majority will they can't just sue their way into statehood. Every state has a vote in the matter. Supreme Court can't force a state in the union.

There's a problem with that too. China our Russia would take over and we don't missles aimed so close at us. They are bankrupt right to the point where they aren't even allowed to handle their own budget cause they suck so bad.

Source please! For LOLS. Please!..Please!...Please!

>American education

>if illegal Puerto Ricans came to the US

Actually there are NewYorkers that LARP been puertorricans and do get green cards and even have had the ACLU sue the federal government as abused immigrants. I kid you not. And then there is the nonsense shown in TV, movies and Fox News.

Americans that move from one jurisdiction to another are migrants not immigrants.

Why is it the democrats pay republican lobbyists like Charles Black to sell that narrative to the GOP? Why you think? Do you know anything from actual hispanic culture or just what you see in MSM?

bruh how do you do it so fast

ban assault sodas
>no one needs 64oz

>give up your flag
We use the two flags like any state does. States have their own flags and you having half a million illegals here should know it already. We use the two flags like any state does.

>cockfighting
Yes I hope we are forced to give up that retarded money laundering scheme.

No, fuck off Puerto Rico, we have enough shitty leftist states as it is. Hawaii was the last straw, we're not letting your broke ass into the country.

He's a bot with a pass. He doesn't get banned because he does this board a service.

Because Puerto Rico would probably be a swing state.
Their Senators would probably be Ted Cruz like people, although they would probably go democrat in Presidential elections. So Republicans would gain in congress but lose in President

>a poor blue state

Sure and that must be why it has Congressman Don Young's pet project for decades.

>Thanks American education

You been the poster child of it.

They might be blue in Presidential elections, but their Senators would be more like Ted Cruz style Republicans. Which is the worst type of Republican, but still provides some incentive.

>23% voter turnout
>implying it will go anywhere
>implying republicans would let 2 more spics in the senate

Molymeme, just like Fox News only repeats the narrative pushed by the democrats thru the MSM and lobbying the GOP. He is a leaf.

Fucking Norway

Who is this seamen demon?

puerto rico would be a hard blue state, its fucking beaners who vote for the gibs

GENERATIONS of anyone smart leaving the shithole

Facts and answers already posted here:

all niggers secretly want to be ruled by white uber mensch

me

My prediction is the flag will never change, and stay a symbol as is.

But the reason other Beaners vote democrat is because they are a minority. THats not the case in Puerto Rico

Kill yourself subhuman.
Fuck puerto niggers.

Bullshit. When they become a state they'll become a drain on the country.
There is no good reason to make these worthless niggers into a state.

>I thought only worked after it became a state

The case of Puerto Rico is unique. People born in the other territories are American nationals not citizens. In our case we were made USA citizens in 1917. Somehow political correctness made the federal government deny we have been annexed since then and for decades the federal courts have been inconsist on what the status is. However decades ago the courts decided we are to be treated as a State for legal purposes.

They vote dem because they hate whitey, have their own racial identity, and want the gibs
The vast majority of all beaners are on gibs

One word

>DC

>Buy property now boys
Careful with that. While there is money to be made the government is under control of a federal fiscal oversight board. Make sure to know what is going on and that you information is accurate.

97% statehood out of 23% population voting means nothing.
Trump wont do this he wont win next election as dems will offer them gibs.

Puerto Rico majority right wing government is aligned with the Republican party.

Dummy, they're a drain NOW. They get all the financial benefits of being a state, but don't pay back into the system. Now they will.

>they'll become a drain on the country

All territories are a drain on the country. Find actual data about it, you will be surprised.

I suggest read the above thread and comment or ask questions in this one.

There is no election in American history where 23% of the population voting 97% for someone wouldn't change the outcome. In this last presidential election only 54% voted so 23% would represent a little less than half of the voters. There is no reality where that 23% wouldn't determine the election.

Common core education.

The percentage of people in Hawaii that voted in favor of Statedhood was less than Puerto Rico's 23%. The plebiscite not being approved by the DOJ is the bigger problem.

they also have like five times the debt per capita than Detroit, and three times the tax-floated debt than Connetticut (or, fifteen times the national average)

>We should let ISIS send officials to vote on our actions, because our actions affect ISIS
>If we don't, we will lose standing with the Moral Arbiter of the Universe, Germany.

if joined, US demographics will change to be 1% less white and be about 1.5% more hispanic

The reality behind the debt is addressed here:
There is a federal fiscal oversight board working on it right now.

THIS! I don't know why we ever let that be a separate nation. We should have stepped in and taken over immediately after they separated from Colombia.

>1% less white and be about 1.5% more hispanic

American Education. Hispanic is a cultural group (Spain) that is a subgroup of Latin (Italy, France, Portigal and Spain). Maybe you failed to notice the mentioned countries are in Europe and maybe you are not aware there used to be something known as the Spanish Empire.

You all are fucking idiots. PR is not going to be a fucking state otherwise, the fucking news would go fucking crazy like Donald Trump on Russia steroids. Face it. It's a good chance that Congress is going to ignore this one.

>after they separated from Colombia

Actually they were made to separate from Colombia by the USA so that the channel could be built. The error was to allow them sovereignty instead of annexing the territory.

Oh no!! Please don't! Just cut PR off by give them independence!

I don't need more niggers and spics vote democratic and they are corruptible.

I blame Carter

>the fucking news would go fucking crazy

The fucking news reported it the previous three times (2012, 1998, 1993). I guess they just don't believe it.

Also with the GOP for it (Don Young's pet project) and POTUS also been for it they don't know how to spin it without it coming back to bite the media in the ass.

>Stefan Molyjew knowing anything about Puerto Rico
This guys gets it

>I blame Carter
Unfortunately it was under Teddy Roosevelt's watch. By Carter's time Panama was already sovereign.

Go back to the hole you crawled out of faggot. Your country will NEVER be a state. Period.

Go back to plebbit. The independentistas LARPERS are there. You have to go back.

That Puerto Rico reddit is cancer, and I don't think they're Larping either.

yea but carter is the one who gave them back the canal

>be amerishit
>reee fucking spics build wall trump 2016
>offers a spic country to be the 51 state

EVERYBODY POINT AND LAUGH TO THE USA

>implying there is a moral equivalency between Mexico and Puerto Rico

>Another welfare state full of beaners that will always vote Democrat

Good job Republicans.

There was a treaty between sovereigns involved. Its the same case with Taiwan, the treaty was to be broken then all agreements/treaties with other sovereign states would have become void.

The error was a the very beginning. The separation from Colombia was an American project and that was the moment to keep them as territory.

There are no real independentistas in Puerto Rico. The fail to get enough votes to keep the party alive on every vote. They register the party again in the next cycle. When the time comes to vote the cast the vote for another party. Its a make believe thing for college students that want to feel special.