Being transgender is NOT a mental illness

I used to think transgenders are mentally ill until my professor explained to me exactly what transgenderism is.

Transgender people know they are biologically one sex, but their mind more closely matches the other sex's mind when based on social constructs of what a male or female mind should be like.

For example, a stereotypical American male likes to watch football on Saturday nights while drinking beer.

A typical female may prefer to bake a cake or go shopping at the mall.

If you're a male who prefers the latter, your mind doesn't match society's definition of what a male should be like. Hence you may choose to identify as transgender.

That's basically it. It's definitely not a mental illness.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ov-ocQpQtrw
telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/10061462/Stronger-men-are-more-right-wing.html
dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2325414/Men-physically-strong-likely-right-wing-political-views.html
broadly.vice.com/en_us/article/gym-bros-more-likely-to-be-right-wing-assholes-science-confirms
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sage

how does one sage a thread?

S A G E D

>social construct

That watermarked picture is better triggering material than that post.

>For example, a stereotypical American male likes to watch football on Saturday nights while drinking beer.
>A typical female may prefer to bake a cake or go shopping at the mall.

true, but it also has to do with natural hormones which affects body shape and facial aesthetics. perhaps chemicals in the water and food also has something to do with it.

this is the one issue Sup Forums is really retarded on.

So what you're saying is trans people just reinforce gender stereotypes, gotcha.

You're right OP. Let's make sure everyone has access to life-destroying hormones and can get their genitals chopped off whenever they want. Let's also make sure children have access to these services, can't start them too early. There's no way an 8 year old wouldn't be 100% sure about their gender identity

Bait but ...
Why does baking a cake require you to have your dick lopped off?

>but their mind more closely matches the other sex's mind when based on social constructs of what a male or female mind should be like.
>their mind matches other than what is factual
>mind ignores truth
So... mentally ill

I'm an art student who hates sports and typically played with dolls when I was younger.

I'm still a man and those things still have mental illnesses, faggot

>until my professor explained to me

Liberal kike faggot detected, needs gassing immediately for posting shitty indoctrination bait thread

In the options column write sage

Hah, even in their own pictures liberals manage to make themselves look like fags, it's truly impressive.

No, what I was endeavoring to convey is that people don't feel comfortable when their mind doesn't match the rest of their body, so it is normal for them to yearn for hormone therapy and surgery.

You do realize that trans people have existed forever, right? Why would you be opposed to making them feel better in their body? Some fat people don't fee comfortable in their body so they lose weight. Surgery is the remedy for some trans people.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ov-ocQpQtrw

>Why would you be opposed to making them feel better in their body?
I'd rather just shoot them to be honest, then they don't ever have to worry about the body they hate so much ever again.

The problem is that people are becoming more androgynous. Why idk

Just because the left hijacked it in order to push for the really sick stuff like pedophilia and worse doesn't mean there aren't people who feel depressed at the thought of being seen as a male

>but their mind more closely matches the other sex's mind when based on social constructs of what a male or female mind should be like

This does not make them the other gender. Gender is biological. Societal norms can go fuck themselves. Just because you aren't a stereotypical male doesn't make you a woman FFS.

This is a retarded explanation that goes against what trannies themselves say they experience. "Baking a cake" is not limited to women only, they were not designed by nature to do it nor are they forced to by society. I can bake a damn cake if I please despite having a penis.
You can take this further by looking at cross dressing. Some people like wearing opposite gender clothes, but they don't consider themselves the opposite gender.
Trannies DO actually "feel" they are another gender. It has nothing to do with social constructs, although they use those to play pretend. They are mentally ill, end of discussion.

What is the suicide rate among transgenders?

sage

>tomboys and guys who like to wear pretty clothes r transgender
wtf m8

what

trannies hate their bodies, think they're disgusting and want to chop their dicks off

they're also massive sexual deviants

>based on social constructs of what a male or female mind should be like
Except it's based on scans of brain activity. Is hgat biological enough for you?

Yeah no your wrong, your professor is lying to you.

If you think you need to chop off / scoop out your genitals to conform to a social construct you are mentally damaged.

you don't need to remove your dick if you like baking cakes you faggot retard.

telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/10061462/Stronger-men-are-more-right-wing.html

dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2325414/Men-physically-strong-likely-right-wing-political-views.html

broadly.vice.com/en_us/article/gym-bros-more-likely-to-be-right-wing-assholes-science-confirms

>until my professor indoctrinated me, I just didn't understand that social degeneration is completely normal!

The brain follows the mind, not the other way around.

People who meditate alot have different brain chemistry.
Depressed people have different brain chemistry.

So obviously if you've convinced yourself that you are a girl your brain activity will start to appear more similar to female brain activity.

That doesn't prove fucking anything.

>shoot them
How unamerican of you. Do you want to go around shooting anyone you don't like?

I KNOW that im supposed to have two arms, however I think that I would feel more like myself if I chopped one off. Nothing wrong with this! Oh, and the government should pay for it!

desu that doesn't sound bad, it becomes more like a mental illness when they undergo sex change ops and start dressing like the opposite gender.

I dont care if you dont want to watch football, but you dont have to fucking go shopping in a dress - and to think you're somehow the other gender because you "feel" feminine is just bull.

You misconstrued what I articulated. The point is that transgenderism is completely normal and aspiring the transition is the logical trajectory that many trans people venture.

>Not having the integrity to figure out that this historically abnormal behaviour is one part of so called "progress"
>Not realizing that every goal of regressives, leftists, and neoliberals will lead to Colin Renfrews view of a total systems collapse

perhaps "disorder" is a better word

>be male that likes dresses
>"Welp, better chop my dick off and turn it inside out"

Totally normal, rational behavior

>Welp, better chop my dick off and turn it inside out"
not all do this

Sage
What has happened to /pol? Don't they know they we think traps should be gased?
Sage

traps =/= trans

but yeah gas both

>Transgender people know they are biologically one sex, but their mind more closely matches the other sex's mind when based on social constructs of what a male or female mind should be like.

> but their mind more closely matches the other sex's mind when based on social constructs of what a male or female mind should be like.

>other sex's mind when based on social constructs.

uhhhh, what...?

Is this a valid statement, "I am an American woman, but not an African woman?"

nice b8 m8

Congrats, you just encountered basic high school propaganda.
And yes changing sex because you don't feel like being a quarterback is absolute dementia.
Now can we please sage the bait thread

just because some are not mentally ill doesn't mean that transgender isn't a symptom for a mental illness, therefore it's valid to treat it as such. caase in point tranny phantom.
Anyways sage

>Transgender people know they are biologically one sex, but their mind more closely matches the other sex's mind

Yeah: mentally-ill.

But multiple medical organizations in charge of catalog mental disordes and illness such as the ICD tells the absolute contrary. For fucks sake, the correct clinical condition of what you call "transgenderism" is actually named GID, (Gender Identity Disorder), also know as Gender Dysphoria. You just can't shove identity politics to science and medicine because it fulfils an agenda.

And let's not talk about the pic you choose to start a thread, being the prime example of I AM SILLY.

>Is this a valid statement, "I am an American woman, but not an African woman?"

Coming from the perspective that the person saying this clearly has a cock and balls.

Oh they know, that's why they're doubling down.

what if you like to bake a cake while drinking beer?

or watch football at the mall?

>My beliefs don't line up with reality
Literally defined mental illness in the first paragraph OP, well done.

no problem user, gender is a spectrum, haven't you heard?

There aren't any shills..........

>Being transgender is NOT a mental illness
It clearly IS a mental illness. No "expert" libtard is going to find a way to justify the assertion that human chromosomes assign us the "wrong" sex. It's completely fucking retarded.

If you accept that being the "wrong" gender is a thing, then you must also accept the transableist movement where individuals claim they should be made handicapped because they were mistakenly born with working limbs.

These people are seriously sick, and their suicide rate confirms it.

Again, that's the LEFT HIJACKING IT DUMBSHIT^

Literally psychotic, delusional, hallucinatory.
Why do you make all these excuses for a bunch of psychotics? Why are they given a pass for false statements based on false beliefs, when no one else is?

I identify as THE UNIVERSE PERSONIFIED and therefore you have to conform to my beliefs. My pronouns are GOD, GODX, AND GOD$

Except I can bake a cake and drink wine in a bathtub and not think, "teehee this makes me a woman now."

Why? Because I'm not mentally ill.

>GOD$
How should I pronounce this? God-dollar, God-MONEY?

By the way, this is a shill thread from leftypol that gets posted all the time, remember to sage faggot OP on the way out.

>I don't like watching football
>better chop of my dick

perfectly normal

so basically it's people who are so fucking insecure about going against the mainstream that they have to sterilize and disfigure themselves to fit in?

>How should I pronounce this?
please stop triggering GOD$, this is a highly inappropriate and frankly racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, antisemitic question

You can't pronounce it, I have a unique gland in my throat that allows me to create a wider range of frequencies than normal people.

It sounds like an X, S, Q, and Z overlapping with one another.

"GOD$"

If you say it wrong you can't get into heaven.

you misunderstood my question then. are you trans or not?

What about loxist?

>Transgender people know they are biologically one sex, but their mind more closely matches the other sex's mind when based on social constructs of what a male or female mind should be like.

This literally makes no sense because it would mean things like an affinity for baking are the result of genetics and as a result they aren't social constructs when applied to gender roles.

DSM-V disagrees with you, son.

Sage this fucking slide shit.

Here's Sup Forums on trans people in a nutshell

>sage
>haha manlets btfo
>haha numales
>there's chemicals in the water that's turning the friggin frogs gay
>short manlet doesn't feel masculine
>just lift bro
>trans are mentally ill
>sage

As a virgin who might be bi I can safely say trans are sick in the head even more than gays desu

Also traps

>virgin
>trans are sick in the head

Just give it a another couple of years

>tfw there are no such things as feminine males
That's the most retarded definition of gender roles I've ever heard

They are indeed mentally ill. They continue to claim to be of the opposite gender than they actually are. I don't care if you want to dress up, take hormones or whatever, but if you have a penis you are a male. If you have a vagina, you are a female - or liberal "nu-male."

All the rest of you fucking nutjobs have done is make it OK to be ashamed of your birth gender instead of just being fine with who you are - no matter how you dress.

it's a fucking defect u freaks

>prefers to bake a cake
Gordon Ramsey and Guy Fierri are pretty unattractive females desu

>feminine males

There are. They're called beta males. The term you guys like the throw around a lot

Of course it is. Have an actual argument?

lmao copypasta

>I prefer baking cakes on the weekends
>guess i'd better upset my natural hormonal balance with artificial chemicals and cut my dick off
>totally not crazy!

If you are a biological male who likes to bake cakes then maybe you're just a male baker, not a fucking woman.

Sage

Some might have natural hormone levels which more closely match a woman's

I don't like watching football or baseball, but that doesn't mean I identify as female.
I just don't share the same interests as Joe Sixpack. Be transgender if you want, but

You actually believe this shit? Transgenderism is retarded because there is no such thing as having a "female brain" when biologically you have a y chromosome. It's preposterous. You can be a feminine ("beta") male, you can be homosexual, but you cannot genetically have a "female brain". It's as stupid as thinking you are an animal. It's called gender dysmorphia and it's a mental illness.

Libs only support this because transgenderism allows them to pretend that behaviours aren't biologically hardcoded through things like archetypes and instincts. And because they have a pathalogical disdain for traditional values and gender roles.

gender effect on the brain is determined during gestation when differentiated brain structures form. If you have a penis, you also have a male brain structure.

>Some might have natural hormone levels which more closely match a woman's
No, faggot, no female naturally has testosterone levels anywhere near those of a male.

Look, fag, I know science "triggers" you, but there are these things called CHROMOSOMES and they determine UNAMBIGUOUSLY what sex you are. Malfunctions are phenomenally rare, like one in a million, and cause all kinds of massive fuckups when they occur because our species naturally has two genders.Two. TWO.

Fucking libtards can't even count to two.

>You misconstrued what I articulated.

>The point is that schizophrenia is completely normal and aspiring the transition is the logical trajectory that many schizo people venture.

Your professor is full of shit. It is a mental illness. Case closed. End of discussion.

The suicide rate begs to differ with you, OP.
Be as girly as you want, I don't care, just don't fuck languages up with fictional genders and superfluous pronouns and we will get along.

>social constructs
That phrase just obliterated your entire argument.

XX
XY

bingo bango. btfo mentally ill cunt

Bate

It is a mental illness. A delusion. I may enjoy shopping and baking but that doesn't mean I want to be a woman.

We live in a society where anyone can be anything. There's no need to alter yourself surgically.

>trans people have existed forever
Way to bend history to support your degenerate views

This, English is hard enough to learn

its been proven that small doses of pimozide reduce gender dysphoria or transgenderism, showing that like other mental illnesses there is a pharmaceutical "cure"

it proves mental illness

>not a mental ilness
>mind matches something other than what it should
thats the definition of a mental illness

gender dysphoria*

also """""""gender""""""", gender roles, and sexual state, are all mutually exclusive, the mannerisms of a person does not make them physically identify as a woman

>but their mind...
mental illness.