Best introductory Jordan Peterson videos?

I've heard a bunch of people talking about this guy, but I've never heard of him before. I'm interested in learning a bit more about him. When I go on his YouTube, it's a mass a 2 hour videos.

Can someone post the best videos of his I should watch, as a beginner? Or does he have other platforms?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YC1pvjyKYr4
youtube.com/watch?v=O-nvNAcvUPE&t=285s
youtube.com/watch?v=04wyGK6k6HE
youtube.com/watch?v=USg3NR76XpQ&
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL22J3VaeABQDYQf5iQlKYXQlFebURZjVk
youtube.com/watch?v=Nb5cBkbQpGY
youtube.com/watch?v=M8GSf5cYCvE
youtu.be/MPojltjv4M0
youtube.com/watch?v=fBsR7-SiLPY
youtube.com/watch?v=HcEJr8h_yGM
youtube.com/watch?v=2zCP9mW0GH4
youtube.com/watch?v=aDRgMUoEvcg
youtube.com/watch?v=_UL-SdOhwek
youtube.com/watch?v=uHtFq41Lbrc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bumping with the same problem. I watched his message to millennials, and started the bible series, but I feel like there's more I should watch first.

I love his old-school Canadian accent too, you don't really hear it anymore except from Newfies and out in the boons.

depends if you are a brainlett
if no watch this:
else the second joe rogan video.

watch maps of meaning, or the joe rogan interviews first

youtube.com/watch?v=O-nvNAcvUPE&t=285s

Start with the video that made him famous

Joe Rogan interviews are pretty comfy and not too full on

youtube.com/watch?v=04wyGK6k6HE
youtube.com/watch?v=USg3NR76XpQ&

If you want something that's easier to digest try watch some of his Agenda appearances. The Agenda is a program on TVO, it's just like a round table talk show on a variety of topics.

Pick one with a subject you think you might like: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL22J3VaeABQDYQf5iQlKYXQlFebURZjVk

I recommend "The Meaning of Man" just because at one point the host almost gets him to admit that nigger fathers are prone to abandoning their children.

I'm gonna get meme'd on, but if you truly want the tl;dr, the Joe Rogan podcast that he was on pretty well summarizes and articulates his positions in a not-too-dense way. Youtube it and enjoy.

When you are past the introductions/interviews/joe rogan stuff, there are some gems in this recent maps of meaning lecture. I just stumbled across it today and found it it interesting. It is one of those massive 2 hour videos but give it a go when you're ready for a bridge.

youtube.com/watch?v=Nb5cBkbQpGY

Here's an from it: youtube.com/watch?v=M8GSf5cYCvE

I really believe this is now being shilled for clicks

Here's a nice short video where he dissects postmodernism.

youtu.be/MPojltjv4M0

in that case you are a moron

What the fuck does he say about racism?
I'm surrounded by niggers and don't want to hate them.

no but its every fucking day every 5 hours, and there are only youtube links, people dont ever actually just discuss the substance

why not?

>there are only youtube links
The guy specifically asks for good introduction videos. What exactly were you expecting?

I don't have a solid argument for that.
Why can't I hate someone?

as long you can focus your hate on the group and not individual it's fine. just because you want all nigger shipped back to africa doesn't mean you need to beat up the nice old lady from upstairs.

I would like to discuss some of them, the ones i think he is grasping at straws (like when he implied a connection between the DNA double helix structure and the caduceus) because it seems he literally believes in the supernatural

Honestly he wussed out.
Sure, he's surrounded by retards but he should have been harsher on their retardation.
Perhaps I'm too early to judge but this guy seems meh.

he believes that if you become one with the logos almost everything is possible. and how can we know with our limited perception

thats pretty close to depak chopra new age bs

I think the people who he appeals to are 19 year old lost cuck boys with no sense of direction. I don't think anyone can help you grow up and create an identity for yourself, you have to do that on your own. Just because he says things you agree with, shouldn't reinforce your personality. You have to find these things out for yourself.

He didnt "wuss" out mate.
He tried, he ran into brick walls, then he went into thinking mode and tried to actually converse, he realised it wasnt possible.
Thats not "wussing" out, its being smart.

I still believe Peterson is the antichrist, soft spoken, reaches millions of young men very fast, lures em in.

I dont know, hes scetchy to me. Even tho I really enjoy hearing him speak and he has a lot of good points.

Watch and follow the "Introduction to God" Series. The rest just enjoy at your leisure, you will be hooked after the recommendation anyways.

stop pretending you watch his vids
you either have never watched anything but his most remedial self-help ones or you were unable to understand them

kek that's exactly what he says in this interview (towards the end)

"Can you let me talk to her?"

"DO NOT CALL ME THAT!"

ok fuck that, cant watch that vid.

But misdirected youth is a product of the society we live in. It's everyone's problem and we should solve it.

He's from near where I am in the Peace Country. You often hear it with farmers and country folk and older generations

>it's a mass a 2 hour videos
there are so many 'under 10 min' videos on there, if this thread wasn't spreading JP's good name, I'd say you were a fucking idiot for having to ask

His "carry your cross" speech helped a grieving old woman, so there's that.
Wasn't sure if it was going to be too harsh or not, but the way he delivered it is so perfect. He's not judging you, but you end up laughing at what a dumbass you can be all the same.

I watched the one about IQ. It's literally no brainer stuff. He's basically father figuring for these individuals and telling them this is how the world really is vs how others tell you how it is. Again, you need to find this stuff out for yourself. In fact, most of the things he says are just from observation and experience, observation and experiencing YOU should be getting. I feel like this takes the incentive to conduct their own investigation since he makes your mind up for you. Then you have a bunch of people spitting out rhetoric and a surface understanding of the topics he discusses.

Bite-sized philosophy has some short but tasty videos of him

I always liked Germany, Prussia more-so. Here you go, user. Try these.
youtube.com/watch?v=fBsR7-SiLPY

youtube.com/watch?v=HcEJr8h_yGM

Second one is his interview with Mr Molyneux–you might have heard of him.

there is so much more that seem just to fly over your head. yes everything he says might snap into place (nobrainer stuff) but that makes it faaar from trivial or self evident. but hey, superbia is a common mistake.

youtube.com/watch?v=2zCP9mW0GH4

His debates are the best place to start to get an introduction. Hes hit or miss with his points but when he hits hes pretty dead on.

He is a clinical and research psychologist; on that video you mention he wasnt "preaching", but explaining how psychometric work and what do they tell about people, and what can people expect of them.

If you need a disclaimer to tell you those are his views and you should not take them verbatim as your own, then you simply arent intellectually mature enough to watch a college course.

The thing i don't like the most is that people actually think the things he says is profound. I can keep up with him, because I have the same experience as he does. What is horrifying is all the people who listen to him: have this face of awe as if he is saying something profound. It made me realize the skill level of observation for average people. None of you ever had an interest in these things until he started saying it. This is literally the things I run through my head over and over again and it takes an autist to do it, so I don't blame you if you can't keep up with us.

youtube.com/watch?v=aDRgMUoEvcg

youtube.com/watch?v=_UL-SdOhwek

These are also worth watching if you haven't already.

>because I have the same experience as he does
no you dont. if you had you wouldnt write stupid shit.

thats nothing profound though. when i went through my psychology class, I have to take 101 and 102 for my pharmacy degree that I'm getting next year, anyways: I never used the book. I never studied. It's all no-brainer nonsense to me. And the fact that you think its profound just shows how inactive your brain is and your observation is inactive as well. My psychology professors would comment and ask me if I have ever took the course before. I didn't obviously. I'm really in tune with how people think i guess.

>none of you new of these things until he stated saying it

You're retarded. You think he invented being interesting in Jung? People have been reading John Campbell since the 70s. Its a basic text in creative writing course.

I think I do, because everything he says I can relate to. I do a lot of social experiments. And I'm always putting myself in new situations.

>thats nothing profound though
So fucking what?
Its a college course on youtube. He is not a preacher, why do you want "profound" experiences watching his videos? He is a professor teaching a class. Its obvious to me you haven't ever take one of those, stop lying on the interwebs user

Well obviously millenials aren't interested in this stuff, at least not until he brought it up. I mean look at the effect he's had on this board. If people already knew how to think like him, there would be no interest in listening to him or the philosoper's he cites. But look at the effect he has had on you and this board.

It must suck being low IQ and being impressionable.

kek look who is talking
>I took psychology 101 and 102
>I didnt even finish college yet
>I sometimes think
>but look Im like totally smarter than bucko
time to sort yourself out

He literally talks like Martin Shkreli. Martin Shkreli I would classify him in the same category of Jordan Peterson, talking about broad subjects to people who have never pondered them before with only a surface understanding of the subject matter leading a new generation into more ignorance and nihilism. Even Martin has a video where he lectures his kid followers about company logos and their psychological effects and IQ. This is all things a smart person would know by now.

some of Sup Forums likes him because he is anti-sjw. you dont think this resonates with this board?

>Sup Forums has never cared about Nietzsche
retarded newfaggot

>Sup Forums has never card about jung
yeah you got one right. that has only been relevant on /lit/ and Sup Forums before

It must suck being so insecure about yourself that you have to project your inadequacies on others. You dont even understand an entry leve lecture on IQ metrics at its most elemental level so you feel cheated because you didn't have a transformative experience listening to it

I am smart I am in college. I have my achievements. I liked physics. I am getting a degree in pharmacy. And I can see Jordan Peterson as an intellectual equal or at least in the category. That is why I am not interested in what he says. You on the other hand...

I think you're a philistine, that's what I think.

>My psychology professors would comment and ask me if I have ever took the course before. I didn't obviously. I'm really in tune with how people think i guess.
Beyond full of yourself. Tell me more about how your community college professors praised you. No, really, do tell!

>I am smart I am in college
> I can see Jordan Peterson as an intellectual equal
haha no

Im surprised that you "think"

But he at least creates good content, and there's pitiful small enough of that being created nowadays. I'll have to watch what he does with humanities, and courses and that for similar reasons when or if he eventually does it. You?

Not everything is a soundbite or a meme, you fucking leaf. Shuddup and pick one.

I would watch his personality lecture, but nothing else from him is really good. Also please for the love of god don't take everything he says as a 100% true fact or you'll turn into another fanatic that can't think for themselves.

>Im surprised that you "think"
That's what I mean, T.B.H. You have poor theory of mind, from what you've written here, user.

When I was in the psychology class the professor asked: does anyone know what an IQ test measures? The girl next to me who got the A in the class says "IT measures how smart you are." "Wrong" Me: "It measures how fast you learn." EVeryone looks at me like im stupid. "Correct!" I have many experiences like this in that class. Another funny story was how the professor was trying to tell everyone how he believed in magnetic energy aura that people apparently have. He was talking about how the energy can heal people it was called bioenergetic something. Anyways : I couldn't take it so I stood up and said "That's crazy!" I got a B in the class, he really didn't like me. Kind of how you don't like me right now.

I liked the anxiety one. Thanks.

I'm not interested I have my way I contribute to the world he has his. I just think your wasting your time with him.

Please don't make e-celeb threads.

>>My psychology professors would comment and ask me if I have ever took the course before. I didn't obviously. I'm really in tune with how people think i guess.
>Another funny story was how the professor was trying to tell everyone how he believed in magnetic energy aura that people apparently have. He was talking about how the energy can heal people it was called bioenergetic something. Anyways : I couldn't take it so I stood up and said "That's crazy!" I got a B in the class, he really didn't like me. Kind of how you don't like me right now.
>I got a B in the class, he really didn't like me
So which is it? They liked you, or this is all in your head?

that you care this much to try and convince random people on the interwebs about how smart you really are only plants further doubt into the fact you are trying to convince us of

I have never watched this anxiety video. But I am going to tell you how it goes: Social Anxiety: A irrational fear of people. Motivated by previous trauma or a pre-existing condition. It is found in many people, and categorized as a mental illness when it begins interfering with your life. Anxiety MEsses with your life by reasons 1,2,3, oh and 4! Bet you didn't know that one! The way to deal with anxiety is to 1,2,3,expose yourself etc etc. For some it goes away for others it is a lifelong battle. Some take meds some dont, the data supporting taking drugs is very unreliable and could cause more harm than good but people take theme anyways bla bla bla pharmacy monopoly bla bla bla chronic patients profit bla bla bla Go outside vitamin D is good for you get enough sleep and do some mantras.

What if you want to learn about the humanities without the modern corruption? Go to the Christian homeschooling selection? It's too small and Mr Peterson has been putting out a lot of content for no cost, which that non-establishment material would likely be costing. If your answer is to go to earlier sources, then I would say that things many things have become too obsolete for the time between now and their original publication as well...

>muh trollz

What are you talking about mr dyslexia, i clearly said no one liked me in the class.

no i just want to know what people think of my experiences, thats more valuable to me. two birds one stone i guess.

>I have never watched this anxiety video, and I'm not going to. But heres what I think
fix'd

you go out and try the things for yourself, form your own hypothesis. thats the beauty of life, and jordan peterson is taking that from you.

I'm talking about your professors, stop avoiding. You're outing yourself pretty fucking quickly.

yes thats exactly what i said, now form a comparison to what i said and what he said. If some rando stranger on the internet can turn his videos into buzzwords, then what does that say about jordan peterson? what does that say about yourself?

no he didnt like me when did i say he liked me? he didnt like that i could answer his questions he hated me so much instead of giving me an A he gave me a B, for a class that was based on attendance mostly. I think he even said only 1 person was walking out with an A in the class at the beginning of the semester. He gave it to his favorite obviously.

Employers want credentials, though. If he creates things about the humanities, then his work could influence the universities... I know what you're saying now, but it seems too much like libertarianism, and that's not something I'm optimistic about. Well, nice talking to you, user.

user i dont care about your life. Whatever you claim to be its completely out of my way to verify so i dont care. I care about only about what you have to say on the topic, and your sole argument being "he is saying things that are known", and "what is is saying isnt profound" are utterly retarded arguments to have about a college class.

And for any of you reading this: If you think psychology is a science and the 101 or the 102 class was hard, you're low IQ desu.

I think it has more to say about you, seeking psychotherapy from a Philipino boating forum.
> i just want to know what people think of my experiences

Well I've had many college classes where I've used my personal knowledge to pass.

>He gave it to his favorite obviously.
Well if you're so beyond your years that your own professors asked if you'd taken the course before, because of your "innate intelligence", shouldn't that be you? I think someone is just mad about being that guy in the class and getting rightfully blown the fuck out. It was either all your professors or none of them buddy, you just come off as salty.

Yeah i bet that college where you are graded with ordinal letters instead of percentages. That sounds credible.

again what are you talking about. when i reffered to the class i also meant the professor as in he is in the class - the physical location. If I could be your mentor I would teach you about the pointlessness about arguing over technicalities because you are not discussing law and you are not a lawyer. I made a whoopsie, oh well. My standing still is: my professor didn't like me because I said bio energetic rhythms were pseudoscience. And I'm going to expand on your lecture by adding that you think technicalities are worth arguing over. I think that is a result of society and how it has taught you how to deal with an "argument." The substance will forever be more important than grammar and small technicalities friend, they are a waste of time and you need to look past them because they suppress progress.

Why are you arguing over a non-issue? This is a technicality. I omitted the percentage. All colleges do both systems. I didn't even think that not adding a percentage was a thing that questions credibility? Lol what planet do you live on? Mexico?

I just watched the anxiety video, and I was basically spot on with my predictions on his lecture, I even included things he didn't talk about. His lectures are targeted for low IQ people, as in they are easy enough for you to understand but still make you think "oh big words." You guys really are stupid and inexperienced if you find anything he says interesting.

I also think the people who this has "helped" have never actually received any advice from people about their conditions. I don't expect a person with anxiety to actively go out and ask for advice. And Jordan Peterson just happens to be in the right spotlight for these types of people to listen - computer shut-ins. And they only want it (advice) from Jordan Peterson, that is really immature you can learn from anyone it doesn't have to be Jordan Peterson.

>If I could be your mentor I would teach you about the pointlessness about arguing over technicalities because you are not discussing law and you are not a lawyer.
>You, a mentor ever
No thanks. I don't take advice from plebs like yourself. Have fun trying to prove your "intelligence" to everyone here Pro-tip: you won't, because you aren't.

Im not engaging on an argument about your made-up college classes user.

Nah you copypasted a webmd generic info. He talked about how anxiety works on you. You need to be seriously delusional to think what you posted in any way related to what he said about it.

ok everyone here is stupid, thats sensible

i telling my brother your responses, he asks me what flag. Mexico. He can't stop laughing and he's saying why are they so stupid. And aren't you smart enough to observe what anxiety does to you? He probably read a pamphlet on the physical symptoms of anxiety. I'm not impressed. I'm in my last year of pharmacy, these symptoms are rhetoric to me.

>feeding the trolls
Mexico, stop. You're responding to some lying faggot braggart on Sup Forums at 3am. Do something else, or go to bed.

He makes a caricature out of post-modernism. This is not stupidity, this is malice!

I don't think you've ever watched his videos user. Give them a try.

I didn't copypasta I literally just started spam posting the non-specific knowledge I have about anxiety do you want to know more? Stress is a response triggered by many hormonal influences, it is not understood whether one can cause the hormones to fluctuate or the hormones cause you to fluctuate. The hormones in question are the widely known epinephrine aka adrenaline produced in your adrenal glands on the apex of your kidneys. Some people have strange symptoms with stress, so when doctors ask you for symptoms of stress they really only care about your heart rate blood pressure and weight. Some people lose weight when pro long stress occurs due to more energy being released because adrenaline speeds up your metabolism. This could make your fat cells release its reserves, and you could lose weight. Some people on the contrary gain weight because they give in to sugar cravings caused by increased blood adrenaline levels. The sugar craving is due to your body preparing itself by stocking energy. Do you want me to keep going? Is there a question pertaining to something you have always wanted to be answered Mexico?

I did, he starts by saying this is what happens to you with stress at a party. I already know this stuff. It's literally the things I dealt with because *gasp* i have experience with my own anxiety. IT's nothing new to me, and its strange that you find it so hard to believe someone on the internet knows something about anxiety. It's not rocket science. You're just stubborn. I have no reason to lie to you. You trust Jordan Peterson, some guy on the internet, I've been mostly truthful like he is and you don't trust me.

Does anyone want to test my medical knowledge? Do you want to know what happens to blood cells when they die? Do you want to know where they are made? Do you want to know why people have heart attacks almost exclusively in the morning or why it is the number one killer in the world?

All these faggots asking for videos when they haven't even cleaned their room.

listen to both his talks with Sam Harris to realise how much of a schizo hack he is

but maybe you wont notice since most of Sup Forums idols are way way worse

I think the way both of you are treating me is a result of how society has shaped you and a reflection of your character of how impressionable you are. I can't have an impression on you though because of where we are and you can't see my face or name. I understand. But sometimes your just going to meet people who are different, I only hope you recognize them better next time and appreciate what they can do for you.

youtube.com/watch?v=uHtFq41Lbrc

He is taking advantage of a niche market. That's why he only talks to college kids and high schoolers, they are impressionable. They are still forming opinions about things, and they are not up to speed with where they should be. I don't think its healthy because it is creating a following of people who just heard about an experience, but they didn't experience it for themselves, they would have a greater understanding if they went out into the world and found these things out for themselves. These are basic human questions, and it is worrying that people have not mustered the urgency to resolve these questions at ages 18+