Wait, why does university/college cost so much when it's just information. Literally talking

Wait, why does university/college cost so much when it's just information. Literally talking.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mQUhJTxK5mA&t=13s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Being this absolutely fucking autistic

Because government insured student loans are free money, so the college charges whatever they want

Dude why do homes cost money like your literally are just living there

>implying Mahmoud wrong

>training
>prestige
>diploma

Same reason therapy, doctor's consultation without physical does, etc. The scam caught on and few dare challenge it. Those who are ethical enough to not exploit the swindle will be mocked and degraded as 'unqualified' and those 'qualified' paid into the swindle and depend on the illusion of its necessity to perpetuate their own livelihoods.

It is also a football team.

1) professionals don't do charity
2) gating certification inspires work to return investment and keeps high end jobs compeditive
3) aristocracy isn't dead

It costs whatever people are willing to pay.
And the customers are a) uneducated b) kids and c) have infinite money because the banks know student loans can't be discharged.

SHARE THIS SHIT!!!!!!
youtube.com/watch?v=mQUhJTxK5mA&t=13s

/thread

In America, any jackass with a pulse can take out a student loan and there's no oversight to how it's spent. A decent amount of US college students take out student loans to buy cars, live in a good apartment in the white part of the city, eat out every night, and finance vacations, which is how you get all these jackasses who went to a in-state public school but have 80k+ in debt.

Anyone can go online and learn something these days, knowledge is free.

What you're paying for is that piece of paper that proves you supposedly know what you claim to.

I want to fuck that cat

At least someone can take away you house or car.

They teach inmates to code now. Do a four year stint, the government will pay for everything, and having San Quentin on your resumé instead of some stuffy school like Harvard or MIT will be a real eye-grabber.

What will be interesting in a few years is online education outside of university classes.

I think Lynda is the biggest education sites. It was bought by LinkedIn in 2015. Microsoft bought LinkedIn back in December. Turns out Lynda has certifications accomplishments which are featured on LinkedIn and will help some people.

Because you're paying for all the bullshit hidden fees.

Example : the college I work at has THREE departments dedicated to welcome and help the students in times of distress. Why three ? Because one is for everyone, one is for African Americans and one is for Asians (watch as the Latinos somehow manage to get a fourth one created.)

This means hiring triple the people which triples the cost, without improving efficiency.

Other example : the gym I work out at hires 8 to 12 janitors EVERY NIGHT to clean up from 11PM to 6AM. EVERY DAY. Do you think that the gym can get that dirty in one day ? Of course not. My janitor buddy tells me they work until MIdnight and then they go to sleep until 6 AM. That's 12 people you're paying to sleep.

For the same reason, plane ticket's prices as stagnating or getting more expensive even though they should be way cheaper by now. It's because airports hire a shit ton of people who legitimately do nothing.

I saw that thread the other day. Are there any stats on their success or those who even learned anything.

If you were an employer would you hire Jamal who learned how to code in prison and has a rapsheet, or would you hire Chad fresh out of college, that'll give you an answer

But there are non-profits like Homeboys Inc or something like that which help ex-cons get jobs. I wouldn't doubt companies get tax breaks for hiring them as well.

Hell, UC system seems to want to increase tuition every year, while board members get raises. Can't forget the $1 million given to students at UC Davis after the pepper spray incident.

If you're not a STEM major, there's literally nothing college can give you that knowing the right books, websites and podcasts can't. The university is in your pockets, don't go in debt to (((the banks))) for a piece of paper saying you're smart, you dopes

I have this exact job at the local university. I start at 10 and my shift ends at 5am. I rarely have more than a half hour of actual work to do. All my coworkers are Africans or flips and they do even less. One guy sleeps through every single shift or eats some fucked up smelling shit. Canada!

Apparently Facebook sends representatives to San Quentin. They need their diversity hires and prison is probably the easiest way.

Surely with basic engineering and physics you can buy some sets online. You can learn most math online.

Of course chemistry and anything medical you need hands on education and restricted items.