Drugs should be legal because they are fun and the government shouldn't be allowed to dictate to us what we can put in...

Drugs should be legal because they are fun and the government shouldn't be allowed to dictate to us what we can put in our body.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y49rv3QBtkk
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0041008X06000093
ukcia.org/research/EndocrineEffects.pdf
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6818588
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3389568/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24457405
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26961342
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23846283
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2516340/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4642772/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18238947
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4104335/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3606907/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3037578/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19630708
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3221171/
jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/2484906
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1463999/
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0055821
pnas.org/content/111/47/16913.full
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3593817/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23795762
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14616175
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4032500/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5149055/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26773900
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10750321
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0122896
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0166005#sec013
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2424288/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17007222
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4352721/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4033190/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11434841
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0955395914000206
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0143562
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16128224
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23802821
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24384575
nature.com/articles/npjpcrm201671
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2094297/
monaldi-archives.org/index.php/macd/article/view/645/633
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4747424/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3350824/
nature.com/mp/journal/v22/n1/full/mp201621a.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They're also very dangerous. I think society should have a say in what's sold at the shops near our homes.

they wont be as much fun if they are legal because breaking the law makes it a better high

dont like it dont buy it you fagget

But I like it. That's why we care about these substances. We all like it.

Name something that can't be dangerous.

Don't care if you put stuff in your body
Do it on a designated island where the only ones you'll hurt are your fellow users

Satire.

so like do it on Australia, ok will do

It's a matter of degree of personal danger and social harm. Knives are less dangerous than guns. I'd think Canadians would understand this concept.

I guarantee satire has gotten people murdered if not nations destroyed. I wish I could come up with an example. I should study history more.

>Knives are less dangerous than guns. I'd think Canadians would understand this concept.
The vast majority of defensive gun uses occur within 7 yards. Within that range, a man with a knife can close the gap and kill you faster than you can draw and fire unless extremely practiced/skilled. I'd think Americans would understand this concept.

youtube.com/watch?v=Y49rv3QBtkk

Perfect example. Man that's perfect.

Drugs should be illegal because you become a degenerate faggot who can no longer control his urges, emotions or even motoric functions and makes you become a liability to society.

Drugs damage society. Drug use is inherently narcissistic. It's a "victimless crime" in the same way that dumping radioactive waste into the water supply is a "victimless crime".

Drugs are immoral.

> The vast majority of defensive gun uses occur within 7 yards

7 yards when the shot is fired or 7 yards when the "action" starts?

Good chance the distance is larger but the guy manages to draw his gun when the assailant is getting closer than 7 yards.

> Victimless crime

Depending on the drug it turns you into a lazy fucking faggot or an addict making you extremely unproductive which damages society

I am not going to pay taxes to support weedfags sleeping all day in their couch.

When the attack starts. Most such defensive gun uses are in locations like convenience stores, parking lots, alleys or in the home. How long is your longest hallway?

Alright good to know. Was just wondering.

Legalize all drugs but have cruel severe punishment for anyone who commits crimes under the influence. That way you have actual liberty instead of pretending we all hate drugs while accepting constant drunken violence and degeneracy as 'normal'.

This is scary to talk about guys.

My poof now b

Drugs should remain illegal because massive companies are going to put some really bad shit in our weed if its made legal. Then we'll see a cigarette situation all over again.

Plus, it's not as fun, going into a store and buying weed. There's no adventure in that. It's not 'cool,' you don't need any connections. It sucks.

>Smokes meth
>Hoons his commodore down my street losing control and hitting a kid
>I shoot him in the head for being a fucking drug addled degenerate
>Get arrested for possessing firearm
>Get sentenced for using firearm

Agreed. Drug users claim that it's a "victimless crime" because they are narcissists. They assume that, because they personally are not victims, there are no victims at all.

Like I said, it's like dumping radioactive waste in the water supply. There's no immediate direct victim there - but fast forward a few months and you'll see the damage that has been done. We're all the victims. Just like with drugs.

It's not stuff people normally think about in places where concealed carry is disallowed to law-abiding citizens. Even in Canada, with one of the highest firearm ownership rates in the world, a significant portion of the population has never even held a real firearm before. With how they are portrayed in media, it can be easy to form a misguided opinion about them and their use.

You guys make nice guns, btw. I really want to get myself a nice Hi Power.

>LGBT flag
Wat

>literally just getting your opinions off hitchensblog word for word

then you shouldn't want to pay taxes to arrest them and keep them in jail either, which is stupidly expensive

You can't choose your flag?

(I'm not even gay. I just like rainbows.)

But he's right about the dangers of drugs. They are dangerous to society and they should be illegal.

He's wrong to blame drugs for things like terrorism and kidnapping, but he's right that they're damaging the fabric of society.

Why don't you try to formulate a counter-argument instead?

Apparently you have to refresh the page for it to be enabled.

W-what?

White devils and your drugs.

we can choose flags again?

I agree

Hitchens has an absolutely naive cartoon outlook on drugs, he thinks any interaction with them whatsoever = doom. It's like believing everyone who drinks is a raging alcoholic but he's got no answer for it so he just goes 'stop bringing it up I win reeeeeeeee'. He's alright on some things but on this he's a clown and people just lap it up because he's le based morality man and doesn't have to have any integrity

I like rainbows.
Rainbows are the shit.

Steroids should be legal insofar that GPs can prescribe a low supplemental dose if the patient wishes. Doc can prescribe PCTs and supps, oral or IM, and people can benefit fRom being much healthier mentally and physically

Looks that way

I never liked that flag, desu.

Red? Check.
Orange? Check.
Yellow? Check.
Green? Check.
Blue? Check.
Indigo? Check.
Violet? NOPE.

The flag made expressly for inclusivity is missing a colour. Nice.

This is somewhat retarded, it wasn't the satire that was dangerous.

very progressive

You're just talking about Hitchens. Let's talk about drugs.

Make an argument in favour of drugs or address the point that I made.

>Drugs damage society. Drug use is inherently narcissistic. It's a "victimless crime" in the same way that dumping radioactive waste into the water supply is a "victimless crime".

>dumping highly toxic radioactive waste into the water supply poisoning hundreds/thousands/millions is the same as having a joint and laughing about star wars

There are no real be benefits to drugs like molly, coke, pep etc. There are a lot of downsides, trafficking / fabricating and social/ psychological issues with the use of said drugs.

It's all fun and games to expirement until you hit the state of depression due to shallow unrewarding life and hit dat brain damage.
>been there, done that

A POW asked a German soldier if he had any good jokes. The soldier glared at him.
>GERMAN HUMOUR IS NO LAUGHING MATTER!

Not everyone has a sense of humour, user. Words in general are dangerous.

legalies muh weed nibbas

These digits

Weed raises Estrogen levels:
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0041008X06000093

Weed decreases testosterone and growth hormone, tobacco increases them (but also raises cortisol which is a catabolic hormone):
ukcia.org/research/EndocrineEffects.pdf
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6818588
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3389568/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24457405

Weed Smokers Have More Violent Convictions:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26961342

Weed Causes Cancer:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23846283
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2516340/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4642772/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18238947

Weed Reduces Volume Of Various Regions Of The Brain And Negatively Effects Motivation :
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4104335/

Weed Is Addictive:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3606907/

Weed Causes Long Term Cognitive Damage:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3037578/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19630708
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3221171/
jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/2484906
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1463999/
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0055821
pnas.org/content/111/47/16913.full
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3593817/

Weed Causes Depression And Anxiety Disorders:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23795762
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14616175
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4032500/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5149055/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26773900
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10750321
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0122896
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0166005#sec013

>not knowing about the chemical waste most drugs bring.

Sure weed is relatively small, ecologically seen, but socially dem nigs trading dank buds and the laziness dem dank buds contribute to laziness damage society.

Let alone the underestimated numbers of early psychological issues. Bipolar disorders are common and the increasing severity of it due to marihuana as well.

Weed Causes Psychotic Disorders:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2424288/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17007222
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4352721/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4033190/

Children of Fathers that Smoke Weed More Likely To Suffer Sudden Infant Death Syndrome:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11434841

Weed Legalisation Results In More Frequent Use:
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0955395914000206
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0143562

Weed Causes Lung Damage:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16128224
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23802821
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24384575
nature.com/articles/npjpcrm201671
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2094297/
monaldi-archives.org/index.php/macd/article/view/645/633

Secondhand Weed Smoke Impairs Psychomotor Function And Working Memory:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4747424/

Weed Worsens Symptoms Of Social Anxiety Disorder:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3350824/

Weed Causes Deficits In Dopamine Release:
nature.com/mp/journal/v22/n1/full/mp201621a.html

But it makes you feel good :>)

In that case people who use drugs should receive zero public healthcare. I don't want to pay because you fucked up your own health, junky.

>make an argument in favor of drugs

Occassional use of drugs harms nobody. Removal of its black market stops crime. Creating a legal market makes money that can be used to benefit community. Limits on how much can be bought. Require being on a list to legally use drugs. Want to be degenerate? Fine, but expect occasional visit from police/social worker.

I'm not in favour of using drugs, I just think it's incredibly arrogant to decide on other people's behalf what dangers they're allowed to risk or not. It's also total hypocrisy unless you believe the state should be tracking and punishing anyone who might even potentially harm society in some way. Like I said above, shoot thieving junkies and violent drunks and leave everyone else to their business.

It does wonders for neuropathic pain, though. I'd rather take CBD than morphine.

>If it doesn't affect me and only me (and only in the immediate short term), then there are no victims.

How about anti-competitive behaviour (monopoly) laws?
I mean, there are no immediate victims of monopolistic practises either, but eventually you'll find that the monopoly will start jacking up the prices, actively preventing competition, and lowering the quality of the products. Society is damaged in the long term. But no one is directly hurt in the immediate short term, so let's get rid of anti-competitive practise laws then shall we?

k.
checked

>mickipedia shows up right on cue

How much of your life do you spend spamming these links m8?

>But m-m-my feelings
Kill yourselves you homosexual girly princesses

>feelings
In the sense that you literally feel it, sure, but neuropathic pain has absolutely nothing to do with emotions.

I'd say pain is an emotional reaction.

What a non-argument. Low level crime is the most important crime to punish because it's the most likely to effect you

do you really want to know the answer to that?

How the fuck did you pass high school biology if your grasp on neurology is that shitty?

Probably less than the amount pro drug cretins regurgitate their propaganda

>pro drug propaganda

Such as?

>It's harmless
>my body my choice
>making money off other people's misfortunes is a good thing
>cannabis is a panacea
>drugs make you more intelligent
>drugs make you more peaceful

So are cars...perhaps cars should be banned and only public transit should be legal. Also, parents make bad decisions so only government caregivers should raise kids.

Sounds good, no?

It's not even a biological question it's a language question.

If you can't handle pain, you're a girly faggot. I understand its not the same as feeling sad or scared, but it's similar. It's not like objective analysis of information.

I don't see how sovereignty over yourself is propaganda. How about I come and slap the sandwich out of your mouth because idiots get fat and cost taxpayers money?

I actually would quite like to go around slapping sandwiches out of fat fucks mouths

guns and self defence should be made legal so I can shoot apex gangers with impunity

>I don't see how sovereignty over yourself is propaganda
Because it doesn't exist everything you do effects other people whether it's to yourself or someone else.
>How about I come and slap the sandwich out of your mouth because idiots get fat and cost taxpayers money?
We used to do this in the form of shaming people for being slobs but that's not acceptable any more because of body positivity and body "sovereignty"

>everything you do affects other people

I keep seeing this but it's plainly rubbish, otherwise the concept of privacy wouldn't exist. It's just a copout justification for wanting to meddle in other people's business

yes i agree. no more nanny state

Abortion doesn't effect anyone because my body my choice

Why arbitrarily stop at sovereignty of your person? Why not sovereignty of your community? Your family? Your country?

It's completely arbitrary. The best outcome is the best outcome. Strict drug laws lead to the best outcome ie people not being unhappy degenerate drug addicts

Those are the words that someone who has not had to live with severe chronic pain would say.
Nerve damage sucks in ways you cannot imagine.

Hard to argue that current drug laws aren't severe, yet that doesn't seem to be stopping people very much.

Now you're just sperging and arguing against shit nobody even implied, get it together

Where does it stop though? If you don't leave any room at all for individual liberty you're basically saying you trust the state to force everybody to live a good life. I for one don't want to live wrapped up in cotton wool, I'm not a child. And like I already said I'm not saying 'drugs r grate maaaaan' I'd gladly gas all the junkies in my hometown but they're the price you pay for not living in a totalitarian nanny state.

i agree cuckoo
id rather have my community enforce that on me

The current drug laws aren't severe.

We don't shoot drug addicts on sight, we sell drugs in shops in fact

>Personally know people who have been thrown in jail for having an ounce of weed
>They can no longer cross the border
>Getting a job is way fucking harder for them now
>Not severe

Not being allowed to take drugs is not "living in a totalitarian state" stop being such a fucking drama queen. Every first world country is a drug infested shit hole, I'd rather live under stricter rule than have to deal with that.

It stops when it hurts the community. Drug laws help the community.

ban all drugs

Sure. Just forfeit your life insurance and if you live in an actual first world country, forfeit free Medicare.

They're alive aren't they? I'd have them executed. I'd prefer it if individuals have total freedom, but those people who you "personally know" are the ones who fuck it up for everyone.

Drug laws are ineffective at preventing drug abuse and disincentivize people from actually getting help to deal with addiction for fear of losing their human rights.

So anything short of killing them outright is "mild" to you? It sounds like the tree of liberty will drink well off of you.

M8 I've explained several times now that I'm not just talking about drugs, I'm talking about the justifications for blanketly prohibiting them and how they could be abused. I hate discussing this because people just dig their heels in and don't even fucking read what's been said

weed doesn't make you paranoid, the thought of being arrested because you are smoking weed makes you paranoid.

>Drug laws are ineffective at preventing drug abuse

Wrong. Look at Philippines. They have extremely low rates of drug use because of their strict laws. We actually give drug addicts money and healthcare in Europe and we have extremely high rates of drug use.

>disincentivize people from actually getting help to deal with addiction
If you've ever met an addict you'd know it is not worth the resoruces helping them. I've on several occasions tried to help alcoholics, junkies, coke heads, they all spit in your fucking face when you try to help. It's not worth the resources.

>So anything short of killing them outright is "mild" to you?
Giving them money, free paraphernalia and free access to clinics and promotion in TVs and movies is "mild" treatment, yes it is.

Everything can be abused though? Drug use is an example of individual liberty being abused.

Thanks. Too bad it is quite hard to legally posess one here. But it is not impossible either.

also

> Belgian gun
> Black plastic waffle grips

Trying to force shit on them isn't going to work, but when they want to get help but can't because they'll be prosecuted instead, that's fucking stupid.

I'd recommend it. Jump through the hoops you need to jump through. It's worth it.