Calling All Orthodox Bros

Hey, burger here. I've been genuinely considering Christianity for a while, coming from simple Deism. I've taken a look at my options; Catholicism is under siege from within its highest offices, and I've studied enough of what Sola Scriptura/Fide are to know that Protestantism is incompatible with the way I think I ought to best serve God. Anglicanism is cucked and was cucked from the start, and Mormonism is too much of a heretical meme for me to take seriously. At all. Whatsoever.

I'd like to learn from any Orthodox anons who'd like to post. What do I need to know? Links, scripture, personal experiences, and any information would be appreciated greatly.

Catholics and Protestants welcome. Explain why I should try (insert church) instead.

Other urls found in this thread:

orthodoxwiki.org/Ephraim_(Moraitis)_of_Philotheou
archive.4plebs.org/pol/search/username/kṛṣṇa/tripcode/!!8ulOY0Lj8qr/
amazon.com/John-Climacus-Classics-Western-Spirituality/dp/0809123304
youtube.com/watch?v=tzt8ffkxGpY&t=2487s
youtube.com/watch?v=21tJmsZ_w_A
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Went to Russian Orthodox Church. I would recommend, it's peaceful and you can just chill

Find an extraordinary mass and fight from within.

youtube "kent hovind creation seminar", it's brilliant, easy to consume and will answer your question

What makes the Russian church different from Greek or Antiochian, among others? Closest church to me is Antiochian, hence my asking?

Explain, please?

Consider that no denomination is perfect. Anyway both Orthodoxy and Catholicism are acceptable in my eyes.

You can read also the heretical Urantia book.

>Closest church to me is Antiochian
Go with Antiochian. Greek/Russian is often very ethnic and hard for newcomers to fit in. God bless

Orthodox church sure has the best depictions of the biblical stories. It's better quality than Marvel or DC comics. I like visiting these for atmosphere, eye candy and look at slavic girls wear christohijab, maybe light up a few candles for wellbeing of relatives or in the memory of those who have passed away but this is just a tradition and only a show. I was baptised or whatever it's called in Russia. Religion is dead to me, I want it all to stop. Don't even bother wearing crucifix anymore after all the red pills. My advice is go light up some candles and see how you feel

It's just ritual and pomp, religio not superstitio. if you want to serve god like some talmudic scholar from the desert you'll be happier with Evangelism

From my experience the Orthodox practice takes place mostly in church we don't have that many street preachers as you see in the States.The scripture is mostly new Testament with some parts of the old mixed , the entire point of view of the Orthodox dogma can be seen clearly in the Nicene Creed (πιστευω in Greek).Also memories of going to the church with my grandparents when I was a boy are great

go with the serbian orthodox church, one extra holiday compared to the others

Kek, what holiday would that be?

I'll check for Serb churches nearby, though.

slava, patron saint of the family, celebrated by calling your friends and relatives over to get hammered and eat, pretty good tradition if you ask me

Try any religion with actual transcendental content, no moral based on sex-life, not comming from the desert and not practiced by poor roman cucks and fuckboy.

and also, without a dead kike hanging down as a symbol

I think I've seen him doing that. Isn't he doing time now for something? I would also recommend watching that OP

he served 10 years for structuring, a law created for drug dealers, his prosecutor committed suicide in the process

he's out now, even has a yt channel. his creation seminars are an absolute classic, i consider them one of the most important materials i could ever consume

go vizit Ephraim from Arizona, you're lucky enough to live near a modern day saint
orthodoxwiki.org/Ephraim_(Moraitis)_of_Philotheou
also read alot from that wiki site

and if you can go to Mount Athos

>What makes the Russian church different from Greek or Antiochian, among others? Closest church to me is Antiochian, hence my asking?
language

the only other difference is russian and serbian churches use the old julian calendar for christmas while the rest use the new gregorian calendar

hmmm will someone explain to me why the antiochian church is so popular in USA?

why not constantinople or jerusalem, why antioch?

>Hey, burger here. I've been genuinely considering Christianity for a while, coming from simple Deism. I've taken a look at my options; Catholicism is under siege from within its highest offices, and I've studied enough of what Sola Scriptura/Fide are to know that Protestantism is incompatible with the way I think I ought to best serve God. Anglicanism is cucked and was cucked from the start, and Mormonism is too much of a heretical meme for me to take seriously. At all. Whatsoever.
>I'd like to learn from any Orthodox anons who'd like to post. What do I need to know? Links, scripture, personal experiences, and any information would be appreciated greatly.
>Catholics and Protestants welcome. Explain why I should try (insert church) instead.
I know you're just trying to convert nonbelievers into your shitty religion of christianity
it's pure christkikery and this is a politics forum not a christian conversion school
why don't you take your dirty fucking jesus bullshit, stick it up your shitty filthy homohating assholes, and fuck off with the rest of your disgusting jesus-loving paedophile priests back to the jewish israeli semitic town of Bethlehem where your smelly dark-skinned kike jesus was born, you stupid proselytyzing asswipe

your filthy amerikike values don't belong here

you're not even common law any more because of jesus

you deserve nothing but bullets to the head and chest, you disgusting american criminal fucks

are you even white?

what are you? Hispanic? negro? canadian? dirty filthy stinking amerikike bastards FUCK OFF!!

Fuck off, Mustafa

>this faggot poojeet again...

>Fuck off, Mustafa
mac-e-fucking donia
how is your response political?
you've just insulted me by calling me "mustafa"
why did you do that? because your filthy stinking shitty country is full of muslim scum
> (You)
>>this faggot poojeet again...
insulting me again with homopjobia and racist language
you're not worthy of being on this website

don't you have to learn how to poo in loo, stinky pajeet?

go poo in the loo

I'm right there with you brother. I'm going to attend the local Antiochian church this Sunday.

>don't you have to learn how to poo in loo, stinky pajeet?
you, the UN, are accusing me of being unable to have determined how to use a toilet, and further, you are accusing me of being brown-skinned, and you show me a picture of a jew with excrement on his head
why?
only a dirty christkike would do such a thing
>go poo in the loo
the eternal refrain of the filthy christian scum artists >I'm right there with you brother. I'm going to attend the local Antiochian church this Sunday.
why? and why are you telling me that information?
where is your nearest Antiochian church?
who even runs such an organization? mexiniggers? who?
you filthy dirty american scum
FUCK OFF

I hope you have a great day.

subhuman scum
prove that you aren't shitskin poojeet and i leave you alone

poo---->loo

>joining a group of smelly Arab and gypsy schismatics

Slava is an Slavic ritual that is inherited by family,even if he converted he would not inherit Slava lel.

>subhuman scum
prove that you aren't shitskin poojeet and i leave you alone
why should i have to show you my skin in order for you to leave me alone?
you cannot be white because racism is a jewish invention
here is a photo of me i took yesterday NOW PROVE YOUR WHITENESS YOU DIRTY NIGGERBOY
>poo---->loo
this is pathetic
the only appropriate response is for you to be banned for being unproductive to the politics board

dear God I think I'm going to puke
why do these """people""" even exist?

>here is a photo of me i took yesterday →
lol you fucking poojeet scum
tell me now, why are you so butthurt about christianity and why do you shill against it 24/7 on this board?
archive.4plebs.org/pol/search/username/kṛṣṇa/tripcode/!!8ulOY0Lj8qr/

>dear God I think I'm going to puke
>why do these """people""" even exist?
WHY, INDEED?
>lol you fucking poojeet scum
you don't even know a white person when you see one
why is that?
you must be a niggerboy
>why are you so butthurt about christianity
i'm not "butthurt" about anything, you moronic scumfucker
>and why do you shill against it 24/7 on this board
because it is my website you stupid christkike whore
the only reason you keep replying to me is because my stupid wife won't ban you
i suppose you'd be happy for us to divorce because that's what ill do if she continues to allow you and people like you to insult me repeatedly because she's refusing to do her moderation duties

Step 1: Realize Christianity is a Jewish means of control
Step 2: Realize the christcuck threads on Sup Forums are created by shills
Step 3: Realize "gods word" is the hearsay of man and nothing but conjecture
Step 4: Be spritual, not religious. Focus on self betterment and self meditation. The spirit in the sky is bullshit and is not going to help you.

Spiritual: Being open minded about our consciousness and its connection to the wider universe; are we insignificant or just the universe experiencing itself. Do we really die? Are we really alive?

Religion: Believing a book written by a couple of lunatics 2 thousand years ago about the adventures of a schizophrenic and his stories of an invisible sky wizard who created everything

Spiritual: Being a human, wondering, building, dreaming

Religion: Cancer, war, money, mind control, pedophilia, death

Christianity is a jewish scourge upon the western world, and the root of hyper-empathetic liberal ideology. It glorifies weakness and submission while vilifying strength and self determination.

Christians have been duped by the unholiest hoax in all history, by so-called Jews. This is considered their most effective weapon.

This 'big lie' technique is brainwashing United States Christians into believing that Jesus Christ was "King of the Jews", in the sense that so-called 'Jews' today call themselves 'Jews'. This reference was first made in English translations of the Old and New Testaments, centuries before the so-called Jews highjacked the word 'Jew' in the 18th century A.D. to palm themselves off on the Christian world as having a kinship with Jesus Christ. This alleged kinship comes from the myth of their common ancestry with the so-called 'Jews' of the Holy Land in the Old Testament history, a fiction based on fable .

>lol you fucking poojeet scum

>prove that you aren't shitskin poojeet and i leave you alone
RACISM AGIANST RULES, TAYLOR >>>/global/rules/3

Catholic here. I've never stopped to find out what goes on inisde the Orthodox churches near me, but from outward appearances I'd say definitely give it a try.

One of the things that struck me paritcularly was the youth attendance. Obviously this varies, but a lot of Catholic churches are full of old people and a few children who get dragged in, and you can see that it's not as effective as it should be at its stated purpose of spreading Jesus' message.

As for all the technical details about various Christian sects I don't know. I'll tell you one thing: you'll learn more about them on Sup Forums than in your average Catholic church. Best of luck on your journey mate.

i believe orthodoxy is best suited for nationalists, because every ethnicity is served by it's own church, in it's own language, by it's own clergy

the patriarch of constantinople will always be greek, the patriarch of ethiopia will always be ethiopian

whereas the latin church has expanded throughout the entire planet and the pope can be anyone

only a matter of time before you get a nigger pope

IMO when the two finally unite, the RC should adopt the OC model

but of course im speaking of an ideal time, where the world is uncucked and we are rid of the current (((establishement)))

>i'm not "butthurt" about anything, you moronic scumfucker
yes you are, you fucking poo
>the only reason you keep replying to me is because my stupid wife won't ban you
lol

Pure Anglo-Saxon. And you, Ahmed?

>i'm not "butthurt" about anything, you moronic scumfucker
>archive.4plebs.org/pol/search/username/kṛṣṇa/tripcode/!!8ulOY0Lj8qr/

>Catholic here. I've never stopped to find out what goes on inisde the Orthodox churches near me, but from outward appearances I'd say definitely give it a try.
FUCK YOU
>One of the things that struck me paritcularly was the youth attendance. Obviously this varies, but a lot of Catholic churches are full of old people and a few children who get dragged in, and you can see that it's not as effective as it should be at its stated purpose of spreading Jesus' message.
STOP SPREADING JESUS'S FILTHY MESSAGE ON THE POLITICS FORUM
>As for all the technical details about various Christian sects I don't know. I'll tell you one thing: you'll learn more about them on Sup Forums than in your average Catholic church. Best of luck on your journey mate.
NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sup Forums IS POLITICS NOT /CHRISTKIKERY/
>i believe orthodoxy is best suited for nationalists, because every ethnicity is served by it's own church, in it's own language, by it's own clergy
ETHNICITY - RACIST
>patriarch of constantinople
NIGGER
>latin church
ROMANY GYPSY
>nigger pope
RACISM
>speaking of an ideal time, where the world is uncucked and we are rid of the current (((establishement)))
IDEAL TIME IS NO FUCKIONG CHRISTIANITY ANYWHERE
there is no political argument for the continuation of christianity
>yes you are, you fucking poo
RACISM, TAYLOR
>Pure Anglo-Saxon. And you, Ahmed?
RACISM
already answered repetiveness

"hi, my name's taylor swift, and i think filthy christian racism is wonderful, and i love insulting indians and my husband because i think it's cute and fun!!!!"
"butthurt" means abused by rape
christians know all about that, don't they

yup, you're dirty,low iq pajeet subhuman

Can somebody remove this pajeet before he shits up the thread even more?

My thoughts exactly, to be honest. I used to think the Orthodox hierarchy was plain weird until I looked into it. It's actually incredibly interesting.

Also heard that the Russians think America should have its own autocephalous Patriarchate. Thoughts, anyone?

Also, it's OP. New location, ID changed.

>yup, you're dirty,low iq pajeet subhuman
>Can somebody remove this pajeet before he shits up the thread even more?

Any of the denominations will work. As long as you ask the lord into your heart(consciousness), admit when you have sinned(repent) learn from your mistakes and try to stop making them(evolve), and pray(often), you will be filled with the holy spirit and be able to interface with divinity. You will never be alone and will have eternal life.

>dumb subhuman pajeet who can't even poo in loo tries to insult me

Please leave this thread Satan. You defile us with your tantrums.
Good luck brother if you continue with your journey into the one, true, original and unaltered church, consider later in your life visiting Mount Athos.
There, monks from all countries congregate and is considered one of the holiest sites on planet earth.

>he thinks this is a coherent argument

I can smell your musty fedora through the screen, good God.

>Please leave this thread Satan. You defile us with your tantrums.
>I can smell your musty fedora through the screen, good God.

>Please leave this thread Satan. You defile us with your tantrums.
>I can smell your musty fedora through the screen, good God.

>Also heard that the Russians think America should have its own autocephalous Patriarchate. Thoughts, anyone?

i think it should too obviously, there is no point for americans to have to listen to greek or cyka blyad chants(unless they want to), except for diaspora maybe

the anglo converts should have their own english service, i think you already have an autonomous church though? im not sure, but i think ive heard some english chants on youtube

Begin by reading The Ladder of Divine Ascent by John Climacus.

amazon.com/John-Climacus-Classics-Western-Spirituality/dp/0809123304

>i think it should too obviously, there is no point for americans to have to listen to greek or cyka blyad chants(unless they want to), except for diaspora maybe
that's not even english you dirty brown nigger
>the anglo converts should have their own english service, i think you already have an autonomous church though? im not sure, but i think ive heard some english chants on youtube
ENGLISH IS NOT CHRISTIAN YOU FILTHY NIGGERSCUM

>Begin by reading The Ladder of Divine Ascent by John Climacus.
it's bullshit you dirty christkike

Well they need to create their church on their own.
We can't and shouldn't create their own church for them for obvious reasons.
Op can help with that if he wants to listen Orthodox chanting in English.

fuck off or i will call toilet witch

youtube.com/watch?v=tzt8ffkxGpY&t=2487s

if you want to understand the basics of Christianity this is a great vidya to watch

>fuck off or i will call toilet witch
i've already got a toilet witch
she knows many wicked spells

And in the days of it's end the Beast will rile and roar in futility

Regarding repentance, there's the matter of confession. I would be much more comfortable with an anonymous confession, knowing that the priest can never tell another soul my embarrassing secrets and sins.

Do Orthodox have a similar method of anonymous confession? Are their priests bound the same way to confidentiality?

We've got Archdioceses overlayed on top of each other all throughout the country really. Most services are in English from what I hear. Homilies are, at least.

So what's up with the Antiochian church, then? What culture does that entail?

Extraordinary form Mass is the Mass prior to the reforms that followed Vatican II. Notable for being entirely in Latin (except for homily and maybe readings), ad orientem, and silent offertory and canon.

THAT'S WHERE YOU SHOULD BE, YOU FILTHY ANTI-POLITICAL CHRISTIAN SCUM
Sup Forums IS FOR POLITICS
NOT CHRISTIAN CONVERSION THREADS

good for you

Until we get a /god/ board or something, this seems to be the right place, Aziz.

>good for you
it isn't good for me you filthy racist christian scum
>Until we get a /god/ board or something, this seems to be the right place
NO! THERE IS NO RELIGIOUS BOARD ON Sup Forums FOR A REASON
YOU DO NOT HAVE TO COME HERE
WHY ARE YOU FUCKING UP MY ANIME WEBSITE?
>, Aziz.
I AM NOT MUSLIM YOU FDIRTY PATHETIC CHRISTKIKE FAGGOTS

>i think it should too obviously, there is no point for americans to have to listen to greek or cyka blyad chants(unless they want to), except for diaspora maybe
There are some english chants on youtube, are there no Orthodox Churches that hold mass in english?
youtube.com/watch?v=21tJmsZ_w_A

fucking subhuman kys retard

>Do Orthodox have a similar method of anonymous confession? Are their priests bound the same way to confidentiality?

Obviously so. If a Confessor (It's a special title given to a priest and only they can receive a confession) Gives away any details about your confession to anybody, it's grounds of termination from the church.

So they take that stuff very seriously.

Obviously extraordinary circumstances apply. If a terrorist says I will kill somebody after we're done the priest will call the police. But you get that I hope.

>So what's up with the Antiochian church, then? What culture does that entail?
im not really sure, i think they're either greek or semitic or both, their church is centered in Syria

Hey OP, Christian Greek Orthodox here. As of recently I went back to my faith after being a non-believer. I can vouche that in comparison to other faiths it is highly peaceful. My priest even acknowledges other faiths and talks of them. We don't force people to convert but rather just try to show through actions.

Someone's mad :')

So like a tridentine/western rite kind of thing? If I used that properly?
That's comforting. Do they have confessional booths for anonymity, like some Catholic churches?

more people to witness to and influence here than a god containment board

Exactly the same. They'll even allow you to enter the church with your face and head covered, if you want to be 100% anonymous.

Don't go with a horse mask though :P

>fucking subhuman kys retard
why are you racist against indian people?
does jesus command you to hate indian people?
>There are some english chants on youtube, are there no Orthodox Churches that hold mass in english?
like i said
ENGLISH IS NOT CHRISTIAN the filthy amerikikes learned very bad english by reading the disgusting bible
all bibles are disgusting foreign trash
>Op can help with that if he wants to listen Orthodox chanting in English.
THERE IS NO ORTHODOX ENGLISH CHURCH BECAUSE ENGLISHPEOPLE DERIVE THEIR CULTURE FROM IRELAND NOT THE SEMITIC GARBAGE OF CHRISTIANITY!!!!!
>Someone's mad :')
you revel in winding me up, do you?
that's against rule 3 >>>/global/rules/3 no trolling outside of Sup Forums
LEARN THE RULES YOU FILTHY KARMI AND TAYLOR

Fair. Still, now I'm curious as to what the board culture would look like...

Orthodox confession looks like pic related. Priest stands with you while you face an icon of Christ. Usually he will place his stole over your head and his hand on your shoulder while you confess.

>Orthodox confession looks like pic related.

>So like a tridentine/western rite kind of thing? If I used that properly?
Yeah, more or less. Technically its part of the same rite, but a different form of it.

We do not do confession anonymously because confession for us is about bearing our souls. There are several prayers the priest may say beforehand one of which says something along the lines of "Do not be ashamed to confess all that you have done in my presence, for I am merely a witness before Christ and am a sinner, the same as you."

Well in Greece all confessions happen in booths.
Maybe Russians do it differently.

Interesting, I did not know that. I have not been to confession in a Greek church.

>The English derived their culture from Ireland
>What were the Celts?
>What was the Roman Empire?
>What were the Saxons?
>What were the Normans?

Okay no that is some Skippy's List levels of out of context. I have to know the story behind this one.

>Well in Greece all confessions happen in booths.
the height of christian culture
>What were the Celts?
>What was the Roman Empire?
>What were the Saxons?
>What were the Normans?
all foreign invaders you moronic tea party scumkikes

>dumb shitskin derails the entire thread because a bunch of retards are too retarded to filter him

Nice Catholic meme my dude.

Well personally I would have no problem, since I confess to the same priest since I was a kid and he knows me like he knows his own children.

But for somebody who just entered the church it could be a bit hard to go face to face.

>But for somebody who just entered the church it could be a bit hard to go face to face

Basically my problem. That and I'm sure we all have our embarrassing stories, things we hate about ourselves. At least that's my case. It would be so much easier for me to confess that kind of thing anonymously.

In most churches I have been to, the priest and penitent will be at the front near the iconostasis while the others waiting will be in the main part of the sanctuary and a reader chants psalms or prayers as background noise so the others can't hear what is being confessed.

In Orthodoxy priests are married.
So, if even the rumor of something like that got around, the priest will have not only have the church to answer to but also his wife.

my filter is not working what am i doing wrong?

check out
8ch net /christian/

Ask them. Even if it's not standard they would oblige you I think.
They don't turn people away for stuff like that.

yeah this monestary is pretty cool it seems check it out seppobro

Include the !!