AMA

Hi Sup Forums. I've held a general contract with the Federal Government since 1990. It is from my brain the seeds of Warcraft, Starcraft, Diablo, Hearthstone, and Overwatch were born. I have direct influence over the direction of Blizzard Entertainment without holding a position within the company. Only recently have I been assured that there appears to be no conflict of interest with my relationship with the other co-founders and Activision-Blizzard.

I've been reading comments about E3 and decided to start a thread to gather opinions about the direction of Blizzard Entertainment. I am neither Democrat nor Republican, and I am a Christian, white male. (Swiss-Austrian and Native American)

I've been told that if I come up with another billion dollar IP concept, I'm getting some kind of bonus.. though the details of that are vague.

What kind of game should be Blizzard's new IP? I have a few ideas.. nothing solid though. Questions? Comments?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration_and_Nationality_Act_of_1965
youtube.com/watch?v=fnUmuajQROk
youtube.com/watch?v=mHPXaY06sjE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_von_Ungern-Sternberg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So.. How is this politics exactly?

gtfo

blizzard is dead to those here on Sup Forums. i know youre larping but you guys should have released legacy servers set on timers like the original amount of time each expansion had. also learn to balance competitive games and your jewishness with diablo ruined that game as well.

people seem to be upset about game developer politics, I thought I'd make a thread and gather opinions about the politics of the company I'm associated with.

Mexican and blacks killing mmorpg

>subscription model
>no microtransactions
>first person swords-and-castles game
>open world MMORPG

start from there

you're the reason why WoW is so shit nowadays kys

I had a friend who worked for you in the early days. He's now working at another top vg company.

He used to tell us that a big part of the Warcraft space/interdimensional mythology was actually grounded in an obscure elite religion.

Is there any truth to this?

fucking reboot WoW already.
People are literally giving up on life over there being nothing but trash MMO games to play.

Legion is shit
Nobody cares about Black Desert
Elder Scrolls is shit
Wildstar is shit

This is why you have over 100K people playing fucking WoW private servers of vanilla and TBC/Wrath right now.
Nobody gives a flying fuck about "something something patch 7.2.5".
It's shit.

You can't fix WoW in a future expansion either. It's too far gone with casual pet battle transmog LFR bullshit.

The game has run its course over 13 years. It's time for a new MMO entirely.

World of Starcraft. World of Diablo. Or even something brand new.

But for the love of fucking christ look back to Vanilla and TBC and see why people preferred those games to what they have now.

>I thought up Warcraft

You mean you literally stole warhammer and made a slightly different game because games workshop wouldn't sell you the rights back in 1993

how would you feel about a 1st person game in the diablo universe?

Nerf Cthun faggot

It may be cool if it feels Skyrimish.

How the fuck is this larping shit not instantly erased? Come on mods, please. This isn't even larping about politics.

part of the company mission originally involved learning a great deal about religion. it's part of the reason why Chris retired early.. he got burnt out on it and decided to throw in the towel and concentrate on family.

Idk man Mom's peaked probably back in the late 2000's

Each mmo has been either a failure or a moderate success but nothing like the days of EQ, WOW and eve online

for the love of god just make a new MMO.

You could charge 20 dollars a month and people will pour out the cash hand over fist. I bet you break 20 million subscribers.

You could probably make another "lite" game like overwatch/hearthstone/heroes of the storm and make a nice profit off of that, but please just reboot WoW in a new incarnation thats slightly more immersive and less casual friendly.

Proof, or GTFO.

lol is this 4 real

thats because theres literally nothing to play.

Do you not understand the massive shockwave of hype that would come from a "World of Starcraft" MMO reveal?

It would be unrivaled.

Ethics. We have to evolve the game to allow people to outgrow it and grow personally. video games are SUPER addictive.

blizzard killed diablo, starcraft, and warcraft. not much you can do at this point.

Single shard server. PVP gank murderfest.

Examples:

EVE Online
Mortal Online

Territory control and pvp anywhere.

DEMOGRAPHICS ARE DESTINY! ORGIMAR FOR THE ORCS! IRONFORGE FOR THE DWARVES! GNOMERIGON FOR THE GNOMES!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration_and_Nationality_Act_of_1965
youtube.com/watch?v=fnUmuajQROk

mhm ok. My idea of a good game is a stroydriven emotional touching experience with BELIEVABLE yet interesting charaters. Means no "strong" woman bullshit, no " A we need diversity so lets make someone black/transgender/lgbtwhatever". Good stories come from imperfect believable people.

For shooters or non story driven games politics literally do not matter.

Blizzard hasn't produced a quality game since WC3.

It's only prevalent because it appeals to the same human traits that make alcohol, smoking, fast food, gambling and mobile games popular.

Fuck off back to plebbit

so you're LARPING...

ok

just make something new ffs

even buy a license for Wheel of Time or something like that, fuck

LEGACY WOW OR GTFO

ONLY GAME EVER BLIZZARD MADE WORTH PLAYING WAS WC3. All servers on normal realms died, frozen throne dying. More WC3/ stragetrgy tower games

You can sell these ideas.

Stop giving them to a multi billion dollar corporation for free.

Why do the talentless designers at Blizzard (you?) continue to allow objectively broken, anti-skill, and anti-fun game mechanics like Stealth and Stun to run rampant in their games? How do they feel about failing at a simple copy/paste of a 15 year old Warcraft III mod? Does anyone there know anything about basic game design principles and why Stealth and Stun undermine risk-vs-reward and should be entirely reworked?

Who is he?

why does mike Mohaine sounds like a man child?

I'd strongly advise you to guard your ideas and concepts.

I never understood why vgd's stopped making extreme non-pc games. There is a huge demand for them, and the only people that would not buy them are the liberal shitheads that don't even play games to begin with.

I want to be able to do all the fucked up shit I can do in real life without hurting someone. I mean shit, are vgd's that dense that they can't read the market?

>What kind of game should be Blizzard's new IP?

Make a more progressive version of previous Blizzard IP or rip off the already-profitable IP of another company and give it that Blizzard look and feel.

>overwatch
>not specifically mentioned Project Titan

You are dumb, this belongs on Sup Forums

Overwatch is casual garbage

OP is nobody

metzen was the golden goose at blizzard until he did way too much coke

>He used to tell us that a big part of the Warcraft space/interdimensional mythology was actually grounded in an obscure elite religion.

its an amaglam of a lot of mythology. lots of norse, greek, roman, native american, india, chinese, japanese, etc etc. even 'modern' stuff like h.p. lovecraft

Try not putting a bunch of women and weeb characters in your games, I might actually play them then.

WoW was great when NEETs could buttfuck normiefags with raid gear they couldn't get. They ruined the game by trying to say some cunt housewife spending 10 minutes a day or buying gold should have gear just as good as mine that took 40 hour work weeks to accomplish.

Exclusivity is the key to MMO appeal.
Also please stop trying to 'attact' women. They're shit and they ruin everything.

omg you picked the gayest of the flags, and I fly the tree hugger

OP, don't listen to this faggot.

open world paranormal game please god, I want to summon shit and hunt vampires

STOP PAYING FOR BLIZZKIKES BC THOSE FUCKS CAN'T EVEN MAKE WC4

>1st person diablo universe?
NO YOU IDIOT
FUCKING MORONS
RUINED DIABLO
RUINED IT
BY THE BLOOD OF BOBAFETT

So let me get this straight, you are a jew, who has thought up one of the few multi million dollar game titles and you come to Sup Forums trying to jew people out of their ideas, because you are aware that the whole industry is pushing globalist propaganda, especially "your" Jewish company.

You literally provide no proof of your claims and your request is Jewish to the core.
Back into the oven you go.

you guys fucking ruined starcraft broodwar esports. fuck you. haven't bought a blizzard game since diablo 3 and realized you were no longer interested in creating great games.

WoW reboot is the way to go, anyway.

you wouldn't believe how many business leaders have general contracts with the government. the democrats "generals" have a really generic strategy. My contract is literally from being a witness to a crime where the federal government had jurisdiction. My jurisdictional prerogative doesn't require me to conform to any standard of bullshit because there's no competition. There is quite a lot of "competition" with people whose contracts aren't based in necessity.

Diablo 2 remaster.

pls make warcraft 4 mobile

Why does the Overwatch character roster look like it was created by tumblr?

Also, why does it take Blizzard so long to create new characters for Overwatch? That game is so stake with the same shit every game.

Why keep adding healing and shielding mechanics in pvp games when it's an unskilled mechanic? Is it just so girls can play or what?

u know normies can raid log in vanilla and tbc and get bis gear too right..?

Keep your political agenda and propaganda out of my video games.

chris won an art contest for the original hire. he was very skeptical. he went overboard learning everything he could to fulfill the company mission.

How close were StarCraft: Ghost and Warcraft: Lord of the Clans to completion? Any chance they might get revived?

Also fwiw I'd play the crap out of a mobile style coop game a la The Lost Vikings

i like your idea.. :)

Eh, Blizzard seems to be doing well enough without any help from me. Good luck!

>normies
>raid
>Vanilla
Nice try bozo.

i'm not jewish

Spill some tasty shit on Diablo plz. What's coming after Necro?

Why are you asking Sup Forums?

Nice larp, faggot. Also Diablo 3 was and will forever be a huge pile of shit. Those faggots could have just remade Diablo 2 with updated graphics, more uniques, new runewords, and a few new acts and everyone would have been happy.

>look at me
>warcraft
Lol fuck you loser

From the bottom of my heart, thank you, or whoever else was responsible, for the Survival Hunter. If you really were affiliated with WoW, you may or may or not remember me as Mirshalak.

Is Blizzard so far out of ideas that they have to go to the chins to get new ideas?

B A T T L E W I Z A R D S
A
T
T
L
E

W
I
Z
A
R
D
S

Do a prequel.

StarCraft: Origins

Terran campaign: Civil war on Earth, Escape into the Koprulu Sector, Life on Mar'Sara

Zerg campaign: Overmind acquires lifeforms and assimilates them into swarm, skirmishes with Protoss on small moons, backstory of the Overmind and its prophetic gift

Protoss campaign: The split between High Templar and Dark Templar, spotlight on Fenix and Tassadar's past, Zeratul's journeys into the void of space, first contact with Zerg.

Blizzards been good about keeping political BS out of its games, keep it up. Also Legion is a great expansion but the RNG insanity needs to be toned down.

PS. Please buff outlaw rogues more

PPS the Paladin mount sucks, it needs to be a shining golden Pegasus

Look at Medieval Engineers sandbox and extend it with MMO along with combat and NPC faction wars over territories. Let players build their "state" and force them to build castles minecraft-style to defend their territorial gains. Also, possibility for macro-management of your "state" and some possibilities for freelancing in terms of business or combat would be great.

Also, get rid of 9000 levels and come up with a combat system that requires player to actually learn the controls.

provided you aren't rp:
>It is from my brain the seeds of Warcraft, Starcraft, Diablo, Hearthstone, and Overwatch were born
That's nothing special, you just ripped Warhammer and Warhammer40k you conartist

and most recently TF2(Overwatch) including smaller shit from other places like metal gear
youtube.com/watch?v=mHPXaY06sjE

>What kind of game should be Blizzard's new IP?
Either naked space babe volleyball starcraft and warcraft-esque MMOFPSTPSRTSRPG or just rip off some popular game.

op is a larping nigger fagget fuck off pussy

i know normies that were in naxx and ranked at the time htat lead successful lives

but its still possible to rank with r10 gear and unstoppable force and any normie can get that easily

me face when its been 7 years since I last bought a game

SC is all you are good for. stfu.

If you can make a game that redpills the youth with facts and fun, then do it. or else, stfu.

>raid log
What in the fuck is this? Is this some way of stating DKP?

I'm discovered!

Official WoW Classic, TBC and Wotlk servers. Also, fuck off larper.

Have you tried it since 2.0? It's a great game now.

Can you make Bliss give us legacy wow servers? I want to do vanilla through OK. Wqrmane is ok but not blizzlike

>Doesn't know the difference between Blizzard and Blizzard North
>"I came up with all kinds of IP's"

Something doesn't add up goys

i really want video game playing man children to fuck off

When is Doomfist coming out, you faggot? Also more Zarya skins.

this is cringier than pizzagate

after necro there'll be a patch with some new content leading to the next expansion..

details on the expansion aren't final or even started yet

the world will open up.. double the areas on the x axis and y axis if you know what I mean

This man has an awesome biography... maybe you'll get something out of it

Hey I live literally a block away from Blizzard HQ in Irvine. I love the company and have played every since the original Warcraft.

I really need a job. Do you have any inside tips to help out?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_von_Ungern-Sternberg

Focus on heroes.

Terran: Raynor, Tychus perhaps Mengsk.
Protoss: Fenix/Tassadar/Zeratul or perhaps even Adun and Raszagal.
Zerg: Hero breeds, i.e. Hunter Killers, the birth of Torrasque, Kukulza

And yet here you are, proving that you don't have to be jewish to be a dirty rat kike

ikd man, Wow used to be my life..but now..wow is shit, nothing new to the game makes me feel the same...
Blizz should try to hard reboot Wow 2 with a new engine or, idk, i would love a first person MMORPG, where, everything is hard af to get and when u get it, u feel the satisfaction, u feel you've achived something...
I remember back in the days when u saw someone with a tier gear on them you would just worship him ...i miss that feeling of feeling unique when u get something...
Now....i can get up a character in less then 2 weeks

Yeah, it was fun for like 3 weeks until I got tired of the same boring legendaries raining down on me until I couldn't stand it any more. There is no PVP, you can't hostile random faggots and take their gold, you can't make your own runewords or allocate your own skillpoints. Everyone has the same fucking build (only the sets are different), there is no sense of danger when joining a game and no real sense of community either. Trading is nonexistent. There is no end game beyond doing the same fucking Grifts over and over and over in order to get that last lame primal legendary that no one cares about since there is again--no pvp or clan vs clan dueling.

my involvement with WoW was noticing my friends playing Everquest, and deciding to take warcraft in that direction.

we could have done a diablo or starcraft mmo but I though warcraft was more palatable for the general public.

Nigger Killers 3

i know this is fake but fuck it. hurry up on starcraft remastered

Thanks man! Ok, another question; what do you think of the SJW horseshit that's infecting games at the moment. What do you think about ME Andromeda? It's just going to get worse isn't it?

Making wow more casual was one of the defining moments to what began the crash of society because it actively discouraged competitiveness.
WoW fully died when wotlk released.
The storyline history is cool though, easy to see what you based it on though but that story should be told.

Bring back 1.12 WoW.

I used to play vanilla wow in 2012-2015 on feenix warsong server and I loved it. I played original wow when it came but expansions ruined it.

Blizzard got massive negative publicity when they closed Nostalrius without giving anything to replace it. Nosta was bigger than any retail server which just proves how much people want original wow back. Community feeling is much better in vanilla than with x-realm stuff.

I loved world pvp in vanilla. No flying mounts or teleports to instances. You actually had to travel which made server feel alive when you saw people all the time. There was proper guild wars in blackrock mountain and elsewhere. 40man raiding felt epic. Cthun and 4hm were awesome.