I figured that in order to get better at politics i need to watch anime

So what the fuck is this postmodern piece of shit and why do people actually like it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fhsY4HQ0X2s
youtube.com/watch?v=CokRWP9Ywro
youtube.com/watch?v=LKe0wARmks4
youtube.com/watch?v=5X9RUOEOoNQ
youtube.com/watch?v=fMpI_bc3LrI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>So what the fuck is this postmodern piece of shit
The anime that saved and killed anime.

>that boy in a mech suit with breastforms
Fuck, this show was shown to kids.

EITHER WAY, the only anime worth watching is lotgh

youtube.com/watch?v=fhsY4HQ0X2s

>not watching Legend of the Galactic Heroes

LoGH got dethroned ages ago though

It's a show about giant robots that is actually about depression but the real kind and not that stupid bullshit every tumblr girl has for attention that ruined it for people who actually have it.

people like it because they saw it as little kids

it's a cartoon aimed at 9-14 year olds with no value other than 90s nostalgia

We don't have any proof fun things are fun because fun is not quantifiable.

Evangelion doesn't even do depression that well, if you want real relateable depression Welcome to the NHK's the go-to.

Because it argued against humanism's end result: loss of self.

It's not that bad. It had some interesting concepts, but they just weren't executed too well.

and there was robots or some shit.

logh is overrated, especially here

Key the Metal Idol did that concept first and way better.

>Not watching Berserk
That was your first mistake user

That's because it is not just about depression, but all the symptoms of what is called avoidant personality disorder which is what every robot has.

It's a mecha anime created by a man who'd spent his entire career in anime and toku and had suffered increasing bouts of depression. In the end he decided that mecha itself was at the root of that depression, and decided to make a series that would expose mecha, anime, and obsessive otaku subcultures for the cesspools of unsocial behavior and autism that they truly are.

Unfortunately, he did it by creating some seriously marketable creature designs and waifu bait in the industry, so his ultimate act against the genre became a massive cash cow selling fap merch of the same characters that were supposed to make you question your words and deeds all along.

He made the new Godzilla though and that's neat.

>watching
>Berserk

My nigga

>watching Berserk
>watching

Gits is the true patrician choice

The fat Godzilla?

YES YES I REALIZE WHAT I SAID. Fuck me I'm more used to talking about anime then manga.
Right back at ha
But in all seriousness OP. Find a scan site and start reading Berserk. Its second only to Lotr and maybe the Wheel of Time series in terms of High Fantasy epics.

Guys the newer series of Lupin III is probably my favorite anime right now.

I know Sup Forums hates it for some reason but it feels really slick and fun. The music is also a lot better than the older series in the franchise.

No, the Jap fish Godzilla that came out last year. It's basically a remake of the original movie, but with a modern aesthetic and some interesting/really fucking stupid story decisions.

>new Lupin

Shit, that might actually get me back into anime again

I'll check it out. Thanks

Start with Jigen's Gravestone if you haven't seen it yet, it was basically the pilot movie to the series, and the villain is an extended reference to Day of the Jackal.

>people like it because they saw it as little kids

I saw it first when I was 18 and liked it a lot.

youtube.com/watch?v=CokRWP9Ywro

I guess this makes the most sense. While watching this i was wondering if it was the cause or the result of the widespread degeneracy in Japan. Ironically, it's both.

Space adventure cobra is fun.
He used to be a pretty boy but got plastic surgery to look like the most potatoey irish guy and is often doing silly things instead of being serious.

Got'em queued for download, thanks user.

Fun is just a buzzword.

All you need to know is Matsuka is the best girl

I watched it as 23 yo and it was extremly cringe inducting

It's pretty clear you don't like the show much, but at least watch the first five or six episodes, the last five, and the End of Evangelion finale movie. There's a long production story of why they had to end the story twice, but it comes down to wasted budget and TV stations that weren't comfortable with the materiel anymore.

It's bizarre shit. man.

Eva is pretty based, it takes a massive shit on escpaism

>tfw too cool for anime
i liked fullmetal alchemist brotherhood and mob psycho 100 but that's it

Another good wholesome anime about space and genocide is Uchuu Senkan Yamato, or Space Battleship Yamato, or Star Blazers in the English dub (first two seasons are great in a cheesy way but the third is awful).

Basically it's Earth being attacked by humanoid aliens, so Earth digs up an old sea ship and makes it into a space ship with this huge cannon called the wave motion cannon, then they go through space and fuck up everything that moves.
It's got a cool intro song too.
youtube.com/watch?v=LKe0wARmks4

a catastrophe happens in the south pole when mankind discovers the embryonic form of a progenitor being called Adam, who births creatures that are absolute and self-contained called Angels, while another being like Adam, called Lilith, is the mother of individual, separated beings who are not perfect, who inevitably hurt and reject each other in their relationships

so its a study of the human condition through the eyes of a sad 14 year old kid who cant accept the dark side of other people's selves or even his own, and as the series goes on the characters' personalities are revealed to be various defense mechanisms and walls for their loneliness, and it's even revealed the Angels are fundamentally lonely beings

the driver of the action is the angels themselves, who wreak havoc through the Japanese countryside in a kind of biological directive to unite with their source, Adam, and complete themselves, which eliminates humanity in the process. eventually, an illuminati-like organization gets wind of all this crazy metaphysical shit and orchestrates a series of events to hijack the process for humanity, and revert all individuated human souls to a kind of prenatal oneness, where there is no ego and everyone exists as everything and nothing, ie the only cure for the pain of the human condition is death.

the series is pretty much shinji finding a will to live amidst the damaged and broken souls around him who have given up on healing themselves and the world and would rather hit the reset button. its a story about lack and human intimacy kinda refracted through a 90s mecha anime sensibility, with some really heartfelt shit you can tell anno had to dig deep for, to ground it. 10/10 senpai

youtube.com/watch?v=5X9RUOEOoNQ

Christ alive

You forgot to write that half of the series is protagonist whining, crying or screaming

>Evangelion
>Texhnolyze
>Legend of Galactic Heroes
>Lain

If you can't appreciate these works of art then you shouldn't pretend to have valuable opinions about art or philosophy. You can still have opinions about politics but nothing that bleeds beyond policy and partisanship

Patlabor's pretty great anime. It's a Hard Science Fiction Mecha anime about police officers upholding the law in giant robots. There's a bunch of soft redpilled thrown around like how they take down literal commie terrorists and angry environmentalist hippies and libtards and shit.
Also unlike most mecha or action series, most of it's mundane Slice of Life where police officers exchange banter and live their lives while the actual plot and action sits on the side (though they really deliver on the action when it counts).
OP's rad as fuck too.
youtube.com/watch?v=fMpI_bc3LrI

soft redpills thrown around*

/m/ was right again

> robots and shit

Your pic is related.

Asuka is best girl
Rei a shit

>Lain

You would be suprised how bluepilled it actually is.

Oh right, and Gundam obviously. Even Sean Spicer knows how good that shit is.