Is it true?

Self respect is a meme.

We're told to "Love ourselves", but it's this selfish attitude that makes us depressed.

that's hedonism desu

No. If that were the case, shooting heroin would be self respect.

That's not what self respect means at all though, why change the definition completely? sluts have a lot of sex because they seek validation which is connected to their lack of self respect

No shit

lol, that's called being a hedonist

read a few books, you'll realise that hedonism has never been good

>self-respect means amoral hedonism
>tfw you live in a time where this can be said unironically
I want off this ride.

Hedonists don't have self-respect because they are always trying to fulfill the void of their hearts.

Why am I not allowed to identify as an Apache attack helicopter

Self indulgence isn't the same as self respect. Having a high esteem of yourself is healthy and necessary for attaining any measure of success in life.

Sounds like she doesn't know the difference between self-respect and self-entitlement. What do you expect from snobby dirty used up sluts?

>making choices that make you happy

that's called hedonism

No it's not true. Self respect encompasses all of those things and more.

>pseudointellectual drivel from a roastie attentionwhoring

The minds of women are as deep as a fucking puddle.

No shit? Take the Nazi flag off you fucking shill, Hitler would execute you.

I made a choice to jerk off to anime earlier, it made me happy. Do I sound like someone with self respect to you?

woa dats reelly deap

>doing degenerate things is perfectly fine as long as it makes you happy
hedonism everyone

>why change the definition completely?

Because liberals are postmodernists and that means making a mockery of everything that is virtuous.

Nope

More accurate imo

>t. nerd virgin
Whew

These same people will claim that shaming is a thing.

Self-respect isn't for (YOU).. It's for other people, like your family, your friends, and for those in your group.

Of course, having a sense of "I'm worth a lot" is natural and healthy. But in relation to what OP is talking about, his idea of self-respect is completely different.

When it's like "I don't care what my family, friends, or society thinks, I'm going to love the way I am", it's degenerative. You could be talking about being rich, successful, gay, white; it doesn't matter; when it's about "You", it's always degenerative.

wow, did her shitty friends write that on her after she passed out at a party?

lol
>I am a cum dumpster and a village bicycle because of self-respect

sluts exist to take dick and women do not understand self respect in the slightest

Great. Self respect.
If you are having a concept of happy that is constantly induced by a controler then what are you?

You see this constantly with hedonistic leftists.
They are all burnt out and confused by the end of it.

Sex and nudity are things that are exploited for effect.
So checking people actually are self respecting is important mechanism and why people do it.
It also has a societal impact. If you create a culture where all the females are prostitutes then this probably will affect those you care about so you check.

All normal mechanisms of defence.
That the left turn into a pathology so as to institutionalize society.

But the statement is true enough.

“Never esteem anything as of advantage to you that will make you break your word or lose your self-respect.”

"The soul becomes dyed with the color of its thoughts"

Narcissism isn't self respect either, a man of integrity doesn't respect a narcissist and wouldn't respect the same trait in himself.

If you have self respect and hold yourself in high esteem it should be because you embody the virtues you yourself value. Like feeling fulfilled after a day of chores you feel content in your character when you know you demonstrate good morals.

And disregarding the opinions of others because of simple criticism isn't a mark of narcissism. A thoughtful man will levy another's words with their intents and their capacity for truth. If someone is telling me my lifestyle is degenerate and offering to sell me the cure, I should logically disregard their opinion. And if someone calls me racist and implies I should be giving reparations to an injured party, I should likewise be critical of their intentions to "better" me.

Self respect is like shaking your own hand.

>i'mawhoreandthisisdeep

Should be a tramp stamp written in pretty swirly letters.

>mfw I know a chick with big tits who fell for this meme and has been posting nudes in the name of feminism

You're god damned right.
I do what I want regardless of what others think. When I started driving my own life, I lost people, but I've never been happier.

No. Not loving yourself is what causes depression - I can tell you all about that. If you can't love yourself, why should anyone else?

Following that logic I should get a girlfriend, and cuddle her and shower her with gifts and attention because giving her my love makes me happy. Then because she loses attraction to me I should let her find a big black pull to pound her into submission right infront of my eyes. Why? Because if I let her do that she will stay with me and that makes me happy. He might have her for a night, but I will have her for ever.

I bet allot of women will respect me if I conducted myself like that. Totally wouldn't be turned off by it.

That's what whores actually want to believe. Deep inside they know it's a turn off just like beta cucks know so. So they engage in mental gymnastics to convince others but mostly themselves otherwise.

That's the trick life throws at men and women. Giving that which we have feels good but it makes us more and more unattractive to the other gender, the more we give. Sex with women and love with men.

I feel like these people don't k ow what the word respect means. They throw the word around like crazy, but I don't think they know the definition of the word.

No, but it's a good con to get whores to believe that so we can keep using them as sex slaves.

Don't be such a hater.

What is the left's obsession with "whatever makes you happy!" Lots of things make you happy and are degenerate as fuck. Seems to be completely lost on them.

No, that is hedonism

Making choices that makes you happy is hedonistic, therefore degenerate.

Fucking generation of people who settle for instant gratification, disappointed

Want to know what makes me happy? Rape so you have to respect me while I rape you.

> Not loving yourself is what causes depression
Other way around shlomo

The thing is people have been (((convinced))) being self destructive makes them happy. You can't be self destructive and have self respect at the same time.

>sex and nudity make me happy
>but if a picture of me naked having sex gets out I'll flip shit and cry rape

>making choices that make you happy
hedonistic, nihilistic tripe

Self-respect means to respect one's dignity. Obviously promiscuity and indecency conflict with respecting one's dignity. This is apparently difficult for libshits to understand because they don't understand what dignity is, or that we're any different from animals.

Getting drunk and fucking sluts would make me extremely happy... until I woke up the next morning with a headache, a 50 year old crack whore at my side and syphilis on my dick
Eating like a pig is great, until you get fat and has a hearth attack

Self respect means making choices that don't destroy your own body or put you in a submissive position, where you are helpless, even if they deny you immediate happiness
The slut on your picture is sure to be very happy in the short term, until chad dumps her because he has no respect for her, because she doesnt respect herself

>Want to know what makes me happy? Rape so you have to respect me while I rape you.
If you can figure out how to tie it into some perceived childhood trauma, you can claim they victimized you and make them apologize to you.

Going on a Cocaine bender would make me happy, in the short term. Self respect, often doesnt make you happy. What if the woman you love cheats on you? Would leaving her make you happy? No, but you would for self respect. What self respect does is give you contentment.

Shooting speedballs could make me happy. Self respect comes when you can actually contribute something. Hedonism will only get you killed.

The struggle is what makes you great. Not meme shit like "just live yourself"

>No. Not loving yourself is what causes depression - I can tell you all about that. If you can't love yourself, why should anyone else?
You know what I hear from every depressed person I know?

"I should love myself"... Fatties who've been ostracized for their fatness; they could lose weight, but they instead decide to love themselves for how they are; and they perpetuate their abnormality.
Cutters who lock themselves in their rooms, they ostracize themselves from society, and they put themselves out, because they love their "Tiger stripes". but their self love, the hit of dopamine that comes with the spiteful pride, is what ostracizes them even more, because it feeds their ego.
And it's the people who rely on God for forgiveness; they are always broken when they rely on church to be a crutch for their fucked up life, because God is a schizophrenic delusion they've made up to be a supporting friend.

Likewise; when people find a way to beat their depression (Other than the people who have the genetic predisposition for anxiety), it's usually because they became religious (talked to their schizophrenic god), or made a make-belief friend, or they've actually gone out and made real friends, or they talked to their family. It's with 100% success rate that these people usually get cured because they become part of a group, thus they have an identity and gain a sense of self-worth that isn't about (you).

I see it all the time, and I have friends who are doctors, and they've seen it. I've done research, and I've looked at case studies. We don't need pills; we just need to get rid of the selfish attitude.

being a slut doesn't make people happy

it's been proven time and time again over the course of human history

it's a miserable way to live

What self-respect actually means is holding yourself to the same standards that you'd hold others to.

happiness IS contentment

the word happy has been memed so much that people confuse it with the high they recieve from gratifying actions. being high your whole life is retarded and dysfunctional

No, self respect means to take care of your self. It really is that simple.

How the fuck can you expect others to respect you unless you respect your self?! Fucking morons that use this to justify being degenerate need to be sterilized.

people just make this shit up to try and justify their shit ways.

this is true.

loving ourselves is impossible. if we could love ourselves, we would not need others to love us.

this thread and the lack of support for sluts is comfy.

wasn't supposed to be linked.

Hedonism =/= Self Respect
They're actually opposed pursuits desu senpai

Murdering people makes me happy, I have self-respect!!

that's self-acceptance.

self-respect must be holding yourself to a higher standard.

do they really do it to seek validation? what if they do it because they have a huge sex drive?

came here to post this hedonism is satanism. and i don't mean fucking hot girls on altars or larping with constumes, i mean people who are psychopaths and wake up every morning thinking about themselves, their power, and their plans to manipulate others into achieving their plans. satanism is the man in the suit.

Snorting cocaine makes me happy too

>happiness
>self respect
Two things that don't necessarily have anything to do with each other.

Sex is violence

btfo

>Roasties in charge of self respect

yes, they do it because they do not see themselves as valuable, so they put themselves in situations where they will be treated as if they have no value. being a whore validates this.

a person can have a huge sex drive, and have it satisfied, without fucking the town

this desu

No, self respect means not making choices that are going to turn around and bite you in the ass later.

Get the fuck out of here leaf

I suppose this makes sense. I have a very high sex drive and could fuck around but I do not. I have fantasies of gangbangs and DP but I do not think I would ever do it because of the stigma attatched to it. It probably wouldn't even be as good as it seems.

90% of shit posted online is true.
Especially stuff written on skin or small pieces of paper. Anonymous sources are always accurate and true. The human race is doomed. Our children are fucking morons. Whatever they put in the water in the 80's and 90's totally worked. Oh wait. I mean LITERALLY worked.