Why do Europeans have shittier air quality than fucking America?

Why do Europeans have shittier air quality than fucking America?

Other urls found in this thread:

yr.no/artikkel/kan-regne-sahara-sand-i-norge-1.11649146
earth.nullschool.net/#current/particulates/surface/level/overlay=pm2.5/orthographic=-321.75,42.53,474
earth.nullschool.net/#current/particulates/surface/level/overlay=duexttau/orthographic=-321.75,42.53,474
earth.nullschool.net/#current/particulates/surface/level/overlay=suexttau/orthographic=-321.75,42.53,474
earth.nullschool.net/#current/chem/surface/level/overlay=so2smass/orthographic=-351.63,20.24,474
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

what exactly is this showing? Air pollution?

This seems wrong. The west coast of the US should at least be yellow.

Toronto is humid as fuck and the air sucks compared to literally any European nation.

t.knower

70% of the air pollution in California comes from China.

Look at Google earth over America and see all the forests and nature.

Now look over Europe and see no nature of forests because everything has been cut down to make farms or cities(which bring pollution)
Use your fucking brain.

Far more densely populated

US pop. density 35.0/km2
EU pop. density 112/km2
You seriously started a thread for this?

Also this is fucking false IF its showing air pollution, cause here Bosnia seems ok but irl they have a major problem in cities like Sarajevo and Tuzla, almost China-tier air, they have to wear facemasks

>Sahara Desert pop density 0/km2
Obviously population density have nothing to do with pollution - neither does vehicles or factories apparently.

Because we live packed by sardines.

China is so shitty holy fuck.

Population density and prevailing winds.

My guess is sand counts as a small particulate in the air.

Sahara is because of desert you fucking mogoloid

The US is full of trees you gay ass faggot!

It's showing the concentration of particulate matter (dust, soot) with a radius smaller than 2.5 microns. They are shitty for your health as you inhale them and it fucks up your lungs. Studies have shown that very small dust particles can cross the blood/brain barrier, some even think that it heavily increases your risk of developing alzheimer's. It's bad.

The reason for the US having better air quality (in general) is mostly due to the wide open spaces that the US has (Europe is crammed). It helps dilute the aerosol load.

I assume snow does too, based on the Himalayas.

Fucking kek the mind of an ancap

Im gay

The Sahara sweeps in a fuck ton of very fine sand, I live in Northern England and occasionally it settles on my car making it a fucking pain to wash.

>UN

Oh now i see. I too also have sand left behind after rains from clouds brought from Africa.

We actually walk the walk instead of talk the talk.

Based on the center on amazone rain forest having a pollution level significantly higher than the coastal-urban regions in Brazil. Then perhaps rain also count as pollution?

mudslimes

I imagine an american reading this and believing it

It's just Manaus

>Sahara Desert
Desert

Aerosols in the Amazon stem mostly from biomass burning (i.e. burning down forests) as far as I know.

TINY

LITTLE

EUROPEAN

FORESTS

So why is southern Italy and Spain cleaner than Northern Europe?

Diesel. Diesel everywhere.

Not in the center of the rainforest...

No fucking way the Carpathians have worse air than LA.

>Sahara Desert

GO EAT YOU CORNSYRUP "HONEY" WITH NO BUYER-SAFETY REGULATIONS AMERIFAT

cuz they are near india

Denser population = denser industry = more trucks driving = more polution.

It's actually true, sand can come from the Sahara into Europe, even as far north as here.
yr.no/artikkel/kan-regne-sahara-sand-i-norge-1.11649146

why would they burn them down?
the money is earned with selling the tropic hardwood.

I'm guessing population density.

its true, even fucking african sand tries to immigrate to europe, they fly with plant carrying the sand over europe and drop it here, they also dump the sand on european beaches to the distance by sea decreases.

They chop down the trees, then burn the grounds/stumps and plant crops. Its a agricultural method called "slash and burn", the burned earth will provide a nutrient abundancy. Unfortunately after one or two crops cycles, the nutrients are gone and the soil is poor.. then they move on.

Yeah in all fairness in terms of density the US is in the bottom quarter of countries. This is blantantly obvious to anyone who's traveled within both. There is cities west of the Mississippi where what is considered a neighboring city is a 5 hour drive away.

The Northeast is just as dense as the densest parts of Europe. Just admit you're dirty yuropoor rats who act like they care for the environment but would rather sit around watching Ahmed fuck your wife while you collect government gibs.

>australia
>air just disappears
ok australians none of your shitposting whats going down there

and here its a 5-10 minute drive to the next city

Blame the French and all the cigarettes they smoke.

just as dense
>Northeast megalopolis 400people/km^2
>Randstad 1300people/km^2

Fuck off burger,

Yeah to get the point across the Netherlands has the same density as our densest state(New Jersey)

wrong version of the map, this one is better.

I think it's showing the concentration of niggers

but is twice as big, and we need to haul all the goods of the EU through our port

Yeah but on the other end you have Wyoming/Montana which combined are 5x the size of England with ~30x less people. There's nothing in Europe approaching that to scrub off and dilute air quality

Industry. Southern Italy has little industry that creates PM - but look at the Po valley. There's industry plus a valley in which pollution is trapped - double whammy.

Air is overrated anyway.

Fact, oxygen kills you

It's true, you fucking idiot.

This is showing particulate and dust pollution, specifically PM2.5, which is heavily influenced by dust from deserts such as the sahara.

earth.nullschool.net/#current/particulates/surface/level/overlay=pm2.5/orthographic=-321.75,42.53,474

earth.nullschool.net/#current/particulates/surface/level/overlay=duexttau/orthographic=-321.75,42.53,474

A more accurate representation of human caused air pollution would be SO2 and SO4, which show the US and China on par or above the EU in terms of shitty air. It doesn't help that all of your crap blows westwards towards us.

earth.nullschool.net/#current/particulates/surface/level/overlay=suexttau/orthographic=-321.75,42.53,474

earth.nullschool.net/#current/chem/surface/level/overlay=so2smass/orthographic=-351.63,20.24,474

Europe has a higher population density.

It seems to mostly avoid Italy for whatever reason and generally goes through Spain, France and into the UK. I imagine it has something to do with the gulf stream or some pressure shit like that.

it has to do with the jetstreams

At a guess, population density. Also the EU recently had initiatives to drive down the price of measle cars, because they produced less emissions. Except that was wrong. So those two things.