Nihilism /General/

Post memes to describe your disillusionment and indifference towards existence.

elias is such a poser piece of shit

The cure for the existential crisis is being at the right place at the right time. Prove me wrong.

elaborate please

thats depression not nihilism you retard

I'd like to explore this too. For the first time in my life, I'm feeling so alienated that my mind is starting to drift towards either running away from everything and living anonymously, and crafting an alter-ego based on lies. I know, intuitively, that neither of those are particularly good pursuits. But I'm too exhausted to fight back and protect my current life, which I consider nearly pointless.

one shot at life, born Indian.

I know the alter ego thing.

Drop the act.

Scratch your ass in public. Quit the racist thoughts. Focus on yourself.

I don't have many racist thoughts at all. I'm generally repulsed by jews, even though my best friend is one. Other than that, I have lots of time to think and all I do is slide deeper into anger, misery, and hopelessness. There is almost nothing left that I consider worthy of defense in our society. There are so few good and pure things in the city.

Why the hell are you guys taking life so seriously? You're literally sitting at home and stressing yourself out for no good reason. Look, people are shit, people are evil and people should be avoided. Get a job and a decent salary, do whatever you want with your life and ignore everything else. As for nihilism, every somewhat intelligent man can't really stop it from rearing its head every once in a while.

It's straightforward. If an existential crisis is based on a lack of purpose, then being in a place where you are useful is by definition the answer to the problem. This is true even if your sense of purpose is temporary. If you disagree then you are confusing terms--you now have an answer for the existential crisis but is some other issue preventing you from pursing purpose?

Fuck this I prefer the positive buddhism type of "indifference". At least it isn't a side effect of having the schisophrenic set of western beliefs that basicaly force you to have an identity crysis/depression at some point.

here you go

I have a stable job with a good wage. I make between $90 and $110k (CAD) per year. I don't have to save up for stuff.

I have problems, but they are only exacerbated by everything going on in society.

Why do you care? I mean think about it. You're sitting at home sweating because some whores are fucking around or SJWs are parading or I don't know what else. Who cares, find a hobby, immerse yourself in it and that's it. Adult life is nothing more than punching out the clock and doing shit after work that makes you somewhat happy, be it watching Netflix or playing vidya or climbing on a hill.

If you consider women a problem, I don't understand it. If you get a family, that means that your freedom and lifestyle is murdered. Do you want that? Because I see people drooling over women, yet they don't understand how utterly fucking boring, whiny and useless they are.

>Adult life is nothing more than punching out the clock and doing shit after work that makes you somewhat happy
If you choose to spend your time doing things that don't engage you then you aren't having an existential crisis, you're just stupid and using your time unwisely.

I keep telling myself that if I was born attracted to women, I would have fewer problems. But that's probably naive.

My hobbies are constantly derailed by alcohol. I can't stop drinking. And I don't even want to quit drinking. I would only consider stopping drinking if it meant that my hobbies would become meaningful. But I don't think that would magically happen.

U don't have shit Baldilocks LOL

You're right. That's my problem. It isn't a lack of material things. It's a lack of meaningful things.

U don't have any money either dumbass u don't work. How can u work if u spend 24 hours a day here and Reddit ? I don't have no tech skills for an office job LOL "IT guy in the back" kommander000

U probbly tried to become a pol janitor didn't u

How do you even define meaningful? Meaningful means that it means something to you personally. Your biggest problem is simply finding shit to occupy yourself with. You might as well then get married and have it dictated by your wife and kids.

Get out of the city man. Go live in the Canadian countryside or something. Isn't It beautiful up there? You will surely find meaning.

>Give up White goyim! Let the Blacks and Browns breed your White peers and daughters. Let us race-mix the white-race into a low-IQ state where we can rule over you like cattle.

Yeah, I have money. I work shiftwork. I happen to be on vacation this week, but otherwise I work about 50 hrs a week on average and most of the time when I'm not working, I'm on here or wikipedia or youtube drinking.

I have been temporarily preoccupied with exercise in the past, and with work (I'm actually a really good employee), but at the end of the day, the day-to-day existence I live is depressing, hopeless, and ugly.

>Might as well get married.

I'm not straight. Marriage is essentially not an option. I would like to have kids, but would not like to have them out of wedlock.

I'm slowly working on it. But I fear that I will just be stepping further away from the anchors keeping me plugged in right now. I fear that I will move to a farm, will hold my job, but will keep all the bad habits I have no without improving anything other than being a little closer to nature...and yet, the optimistic side of me tells me that being closer to nature will do wonders for my brain and push me in a better direction.

So for example if you are unemployed and questioning what your life is, getting a job even for a month or two satisfies your crisis.
If you leave or get fired, you're right back into crisis mode. Would that qualify as an example of what you mean?

If finding purpose is the answer to existentialism, then what do you men by
>you now have an answer for the existential crisis but is some other issue preventing you from pursing purpose?

I'm not trying to be obtuse, I'm just ignorant of, yet interested in your idea.