Online trolling is predicted by psychopathy and sadism: Recent study (N=1,215)

Online trolling is predicted by psychopathy and sadism: Recent study (N=1,215)

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0191886914000324

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/Ut61Q
archive.is/rINAp
archive.is/02Oam
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

what would crop dusting minorities at the grocery store be? i do it all the time. my beer farts are potent

That's called being mentally handicapped. You should know this at this point in your disabled life.

Explains the abundance of Jews

maybe but the look on those brown peoples faces makes it worth it. my farts crawl over turds before they exit my but making them exceptionally putrid

I would bet that Sup Forums users are more likely to be sadistic and psychopathic on average.

But it's not all that sadistic to troll other trolls right? So at least Sup Forums users aren't twofold sadists.

>implying shart-in-marts have beer
>implying shart-in-mart beers are the full 16fl oz per pint
>implying shart-in-mart beer loosen inhibitions

I don't think so, tim

i go into the shart marts drunk. i then look for minorities and release my power fumes

(((Science))) tries to label every aspect as some sort of mental disorder

Trolling offers no compensation whatsoever because you dont have the guarantee that your target is suffering, you faggot.

>Gamergate might be an exception though... its always funny to destroy women

So you are saying Canada is a nation of Sadists?

Make sense.

why are you retards so smug about your shitty beers? they're not even 1% more abv than "le yank piss beer" you act so superior to and don't taste any better

>he cant buy beer, liqour, and guns in his walmart

Laughinggirls.jpeg

Sounds about right. Before Sup Forums I used to think that trolling was a social phenomenon which would make us all learn to take ourselves less seriously and be relaxed loving and productive people in the modern world. Now it seems Sup Forums and Sup Forums is basically an internet sect which brainwashes teenagers into sadism and sociopathy. I guess CWC, Jessi Slaughter etc should have tipped me off way earlier. This place has always embraced cruel and soulless behavior.

In the end most people will grow out of their wild internet sociopathic ways when they enter middle age, while the truly non-normie 10% will be actual psycopaths for life, like in serial rape and murder I guess.

>flag
checks out

Yea I guess the young are more sadistic on average but it's something most will grow out of. I was pretty sadistic as a kid but now I feel guilty about it and I constantly 2nd-guess my morals.

Bullying a disabled man for a good 10+ years is pretty low.

>In two online studies
The implication here is that the study didn't get trolled

Nigga I do it because it's funny

Remember, goy, anything short of throwing down your life for Israel is a mental disorder.

For those that can't read the full thing, the correlation between the 27-item Dark Triad questionnaire and enjoying trolling is r=>.37 (it varies for each potential trait).

They also formed a novel measure for assessing how much someone spends their time and enjoys trolling (they called it a GAIT score) and higher levels of this is associated with lower levels of conscientiousness, agreeableness and somewhat higher openness.

Further analysis teased out that only Machiavellianism and Sadism were positively associated with trolling, and that Narcicissm was negatively correlated and psychopathy had no effect.

Overall, any study like this that relies on questionnaires is weak. The results are interesting and do make sense, but if you're asking someone "do you like to hurt people" or some shit, do you think you'd get an honest response?

I'm too low IQ to properly address this but I've heard from smarter authorities (I believe everything smart people say) that some questionnaires are pretty accurate, ie. those with narcissism aren't afraid to admit that they are narcissistic. I could see the same for those with sadism. But of course how they tease out these factors is more complex than that so I don't know.

Hey, I don't think I'm a psychopath or a sadist. I just like bothering people online.

You don't know what the fuck funny is, "nigga."

Your edgy larp flag confirms it.

They will do anything to crack down on frogposting

Right? I mean, before the Internet, bullying and harassing some severely autistic kid for his weird behavior (duh!) would have been the domain of literally Nazis. And since you could only have done it in the Real World you would have been forcefully confronted with the fact that you better be keep it hidden from "normies" or it would have very real consequences for YOUR life. Like becoming a social pariah and having those rumours follow you around for the rest of your life.

But these kids now... They grow up in this fake LARP world where peoples suffering dont really travel in packets through cat5 cables. And the punishment that was certain to come sooner or later dont either. We dont even talk about lulz and lolcows any more, it's transcended into something even more malicious. But that's where it started, with the idea that someone can be declared and lolcow and then having earned being "milked" so to speak. And the precooked defense to the predictable objection "that's mean!" - "well you're just a normal-/moral-fag".

The problem with questionnaires is that it's obvious people would lie.

Look at it like this - A narcissist is obsessed with self image, traditionally that they want admiration of other and so forth (there is evidence to suggest that self obsession can work in self destructive ways too, like in depression). So, if someone craves admiration from others completely, and depending on the sort of society that they live in, they'd adjust themselves to fit into the perfect mold. Narcisissm is a pretty recognised bad trait to have, and a Narcisisst knows this - so if you ask them questions to see if they are naricisisstic, do you think they'd give an honest answer or give the answer that makes themselves look the best?

I know the logic is a bit convoluted, but that's the big reason why questionnaires are a bit shit, frankly.

If this is true then 100 percent of women are psychopaths.

this study was done by people who dont know what trolling is

Close, but BPD, Histrionic and PMS are better descriptors of the majority of women.

/thread

>possible question: do you like hurt people?
>troll answer: of course i do thats my favourite hobby

>Thus cyber-trolling appears to be an Internet manifestation of everyday sadism.

WELL DUH

Yeah I think everyone knew this already.

How about posting a link to a free version for non students?

studies are just opinions, everyone knows this

>by psychopathy and sadism
Remember when this was still called "having a sense of humor"?

This.

Why must normies always say stuff like "real time" to mean "live" and "trolling" to mean "bullying"?
Just use words you understand.

faggots can't handle the bant, have to write a whole paper on it

>troll identity
There are very few people who troll systematically. Most of us do it sometimes or in very specific situations. This means we do not identify as trolls. Plus, we are the majority; so I'd say most trolling we see is made by people who usually don't do it. Therefore, they will never identify themselves as trolls. Those who identify as such are the minority who systematically do it.

>Online trolling is predicted by psychopathy and sadism:
Really? What is willingness to murder unborn babies predicted by?

That's true, and it's a major problem in social studies.

I am a statistician by profession and I have found a simple solution to this: all academic personell who publishes studies must have some kind of academic proof of understanding either statistics analysis or real analysis.

Simply put, modern programs like SPSS tells people in academia their statistics are sound while in reality they have critical errors they would understand with 1-2 years of actual statistics.

I'm a psychopath for pretending to be retarded without consequence on the internet?

>taking Sup Forums seriously
Chill my guy, just because you're redpilled and know that the world is fucked doesn't mean you can have a little fun on the side

sounds about right

how would you qualify as a troll according to their criteria ? what if I just like to be silly sometimes but don't try to trick or bully or dox people etc ? but I do sometimes appreciate when other people do that if its funny ?

That's a very low r value.
Practically useless.

Eh, you will find very few models on human behavior that gives high r-values.

This is a problem of predicting human behavior, doesn't say much about the viability of the study.

FORGET THE DOUBLES
My bad. sorry erin

I think most Sup Forums users are operating on a different frequency from most normies. Unironically the vanguard of the move to a higher consciousness. Meme magick is part of the proof

>Eh, you will find very few models on human behavior that gives high r-values.
Yes I am aware of that, that's why I don't take heed to psychologists or social scientists.

Yeah that's all good but Walmart itself is cancer

what kind of sick fuck wrote that article

Someone has got the butthurts

This guy just made himself a target I think.

do you thing Sup Forums antifags seem to be having a day off.

He knew what he was getting into. If anyone gets more Info about Paul, please post it.

>recent ((((((study))))))

the world is fucked becasse people like you exist

I have been literally trolling and shitposting since Compuserv chat rooms in the 90s. After that I moved to yahoo teen chats and would troll the advice line, Jewish teens, Christian teens, and black teens chat rooms.

Then I found myself here. I literally cannot stop shitposting.

Better take those drugs, goy. Round out those edges. You want to be a well adjusted member of society, right?

>how would you qualify as a troll according to their criteria ?

Having an opinion the author disagrees with obviously.

the sort of sick fuck that's about to feel the power of Sup Forums i'd say.

praise kek

You likely are not too low IQ. You just need to practice writing more desu. Learning how to translate your thoughts into reality is a powerful thing and the fact that most Americans don't write more than a few sentences in their everyday lives is a disgrace. I wouldn't be suprised if (((they))) are behind it. How many people used to keep a daily journal? Used to correspond with friends and family via writing? Typing is not the same and holy shit don't get me started on tablet tapping. The physical interaction involved is important.

Trolls are devil's advocates on an anonymous board. Social media turned all these normies into fucking g monsters because they're too stupid to see the difference

His Sister?

you need SA

Shitposters Anonymous

Give the normies a break, they are not as evolved mentally

dude u sound gay

im just an asshole that likes offending people and getting offended myself, that's the better feeling imo

What for lol?

this gon be good

That's because you are a functioning human being unlike the sperg you replied to that can only perceive human interaction as black or white.

Underrated x100

>tfw youre maximum Machiavellian and you only pretend to be sadistic to girls cause you know they love being dominated because youre Machiavellian and want to manipulate them into enjoying your sex

It's kinda funny but the best sex I've had is passionate 'love making' hard fucking, not me spitting on girls and calling them whores and stuff. That's just amusing.

More about Erin
>archive.is/Ut61Q
>archive.is/rINAp
>archive.is/02Oam

>implying their study wasn't trolled
git gud researchers

hmmm

Sweden

Not known for their sense of humour or ability to detect irony or sarcasm.

How the fuck do you get trolled online and have it affect your life. Like nigga shut off the computer, wtf they gonna do? If you carry this much weight behind what others say you were a weak individual to begin with and if the world wasn't tamed by strong men you'd have died already so be grateful you can live your faggot ass life in relative peace.

That was before the end of history

Science of course. More specific Newtonian physics you fucking leaf

you want i should get him boss