CATHOLIC GENERAL: CORPUS CHRISTI EDITION

Here are your daily readings
usccb.org/bible/readings/061817.cfm
(I've used Corpus Christi readings because I disagree with changing feast days to Sundays)

Community links, such as recommended media, are now below in pastebin links. Remember to recommend things to add to the lists!
>Catholic Encyclopedia
newadvent.org/
>Online Breviary
divinumofficium.com/cgi-bin/horas/officium.pl
>Directory for Finding a Latin Mass (U.K)
lms.org.uk/mass-listings
>Directory for Finding a Latin Mass (U.S/Can)
ecclesiadei.org/masses.cfm
>Directory for Finding a Latin Mass (Ireland)
latinmassireland.com/mass-listings/
>Laudate App
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aycka.apps.MassReadings&hl=en
>Recommended Movies
pastebin.com/xAL9w4fk
>Recommended Books
pastebin.com/K8DUUPdC
>Recommended Music
pastebin.com/dgqjiSgs
>Beauty of Creation
pastebin.com/VKGZEvXK
>Tales of Love and Virtue
pastebin.com/Qt3RUsXA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uv_2x6JmuaE
youtube.com/watch?v=RI4lkqYzJvM
youtube.com/watch?v=Dlr90NLDp-0
youtube.com/watch?v=HxjYWvF5ttc
youtube.com/watch?v=WhP654dN3Ww
youtube.com/watch?v=4ych_dTX8G0
youtube.com/watch?v=oX9xVnHYFAM
youtube.com/watch?v=C_gaT-tnpKk
youtube.com/watch?v=n-5mx5o8YYs
youtube.com/watch?v=Wf3scPRLGFE
youtube.com/watch?v=AKpexxzR4Ak
youtube.com/watch?v=o6JJCaf9e7c
youtube.com/watch?v=mNMQu5LXaeI
youtube.com/watch?v=EJxRDhejtwo
youtube.com/watch?v=_dV5b8AuLHg
youtube.com/watch?v=YRhRzdiCk7s
aleteia.org/blogs/deacon-greg-kandra/meet-the-cardinal-who-lifts-weights-and-is-a-recovering-alcoholic/
youtube.com/watch?v=8FGObtu-EMI
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/125637346/#125637346
youtube.com/user/TRUNEWSofficial/featured
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gothic_Christianity
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alaric_I
newadvent.org/cathen/05623b.htm
fitzinfo.wordpress.com/2015/02/03/fallacies-of-the-jesuit-conspiracy-theory/
youtube.com/watch?v=WSKBGdv07nQ&t=2s
britannica.com/topic/Arianism
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Catholics aren't Christian

We are the only Christians

Just as I was resigned to letting this thread die, the Lord sends a protestant to bump a Catholic thread. He truly works in mysterious ways

Where does this meme even come from?

Reality

>'my own idea of how reality should be and not how it actualy is' reality
ok

we all agree todays pope is a fake sent with weakening us

youtube.com/watch?v=uv_2x6JmuaE
youtube.com/watch?v=RI4lkqYzJvM
youtube.com/watch?v=Dlr90NLDp-0
youtube.com/watch?v=HxjYWvF5ttc
youtube.com/watch?v=WhP654dN3Ww
youtube.com/watch?v=4ych_dTX8G0
youtube.com/watch?v=oX9xVnHYFAM
youtube.com/watch?v=C_gaT-tnpKk
youtube.com/watch?v=n-5mx5o8YYs
youtube.com/watch?v=Wf3scPRLGFE
youtube.com/watch?v=AKpexxzR4Ak
youtube.com/watch?v=o6JJCaf9e7c
youtube.com/watch?v=mNMQu5LXaeI
youtube.com/watch?v=EJxRDhejtwo
youtube.com/watch?v=_dV5b8AuLHg
youtube.com/watch?v=YRhRzdiCk7s

Fuck off.

Guys like pic related who unironically believe Christ's teachings weren't properly presented until they started their megachurch

Galatians 6:7-9: 7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. 8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. 9And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

Doesn't fit with Sola Fide, now does it?

How do you guys deal with the pope being an anti-christian cuck faggot kike enabler?

Yes it does
I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.
Doesn't fit with works salvation, now does it?

Even if he were all those things, that wouldn't change whether Catholicism were true. There are some who believe him to be anti-Catholic, but if that's true, it only strengthens my faith in Catholicism because he hasn't changed doctrine to mirror his opinions.

Actually it contradicts sola Fide

Why? Because there is still something that humans must do on their part rather than do what they want

Meaning works play into salbation in some way

wrong

>you reap what you sow
>means works doesn't matter

David Downs, Alms: Charity, Reward, and Atonement in Early Christianity

In the book of Deuteronomy, for example, caring for the poor reflects and imitates the character of the Maker, for God is a defender of orphans and widows, a lover of strangers who need food and clothing, and a protector of the poor (Deut 10:18; cf. 1 Sam 2:7-8; Pss 9:9, 18; 12:5; 14:6; 35:10; 68:5-6; 69:32-33; 82:3-4; 107:39-41; 113:7-9; 140:12; 146:5-9; Prov 15:25; 22:22-23; Isa 25:4; 41:17-20; Jer 20:13; cf. the vision in Isa 11:1-5 and 61:1-3). 3 Justice and compassion for resident aliens and orphans should stem from Israel’s own experience and remembrance of living as aliens in a foreign land (Exod 23:9; Deut 24:17-18, 21-22). Similarly, liberation for Israelites from debt and indentured labor during the Year of Jubilee, which is stipulated in Leviticus 25, is grounded in the affirmation that all the land belongs to God (25:23) and that it was God who delivered the people from Egypt and brought them to the land of Canaan (25:38, 42, 55).

Both in legal and in prophetic traditions, oppression or abuse of the poor leads or may lead to starkly negative consequences, including God’s wrath, judgment, or cursing (Exod 22:21-24; Deut 27:19; Isa 10:1-4; Jer 2:34-35; 5:27-29; cf. Prov 21:13; 22:16 [financial ruin]; 28:27; Ezek 16:49-50; 22:29-31; Amos 2:6-8; 4:1-3; 8:4-14; Zeph 7:8-14; Mal 3:5; cf. Eliphaz’ account of Job’s suffering in Job 22:6-13). Violence against or mistreatment of the poor is a sign of rebellion of the wicked against God (Job 24:1-25; Prov 17:5; 30:11-14; Isa 32:7-8). Conversely, refusing to oppress the alien, orphan, or widow secures God’s presence with the people (Jer 7:5-7), and in the indictment leveled against Judah in Isa 1:2-20 (cf. 3:13-15), part of the remedy is for God’s people to “seek justice, rescue the oppressed, defend the orphan, plead for the widow” (1:17, NRSV; cf. 58:6-10). (pg 27)

Check this out from David Downs explaining Cornelius

The point of the story is not that Peter can enter into fellowship with Cornelius only because the centurion’s prayers and deeds of mercy purify him, for missionary encounters with Gentiles earlier (8:26-40) and later in Acts do not assume that Gentile recipients of the gospel message must exhibit the same piety as Cornelius.77 Moreover, Cornelius’ prayers and merciful deeds (προσευχαί kαὶ ἐλεημοσύναι) are said to have come before God as a “remembrance,” not as an atoning sacrifice for sins. Nevertheless, it is difficult to ignore the connection between Cornelius’ piety—exhibited partly through his practice of ἐλεημοσύνη—and the command to Peter, “What God has made clean, you must not consider profane” (10:15). God is the one who makes Cornelius (and other things and people) clean.78 But the logical outworking of Jesus’ earlier statement in Luke 11:41 would seem to imply that God’s cleansing of Cornelius happens in concert with Cornelius’ performance of merciful deeds. In the context of the narrative of Luke–Acts, Cornelius embodies the instruction of Jesus regarding ἐλεημοσύνη in the Gospel of Luke: his prayers and ἐλεημοσύνη are closely connected to his purity. It can be said, therefore, that Cornelius’ practice of merciful deeds is, at the very least, a sign, if not the cause, of his status as a Gentile neither profane nor unclean (10:28).79

And so that no one misunderstands the final statement in sign, here is footnote 79

79 As Christopher Hays summarizes, “By doing alms Cornelius exemplifies that his Gentile ethnicity has not rendered him unclean. The very thing that Jesus tells the Pharisees will cleanse their impurity becomes evidence of Cornelius’s own purity” (Luke’s Wealth Ethics, 236 [emphasis in original]).

(pg 137-138)

Like Tobit, then, Cornelius offers prayers and merciful deeds that rise to God for divine remembrance (10:4, 31). Both of these pious men—one a faithful Jew, one a Gentile centurion—receive God’s consideration and favor in part because of their practice of ἐλεημοσύνη. Within the narrative world of Luke–Acts, Cornelius’ performance of merciful deeds can be fruitfully considered in light of Jesus’ statement to the Pharisees in Luke 11:41 regarding the purifying power of ἐλεημοσύνη: “So give alms with respect to the things within, and see, everything is clean for you (πάντα kαθαρὰ ὑμῖν ἐστιν).” In Jesus’ encounter with the Pharisees in Luke 11, the Pharisees are concerned about external purity (vv. 38-39a), but Jesus accuses them of being internally unclean, full of greed and wickedness on the inside (v. 39b), and offers the practice of almsgiving as a means of becoming entirely clean. (pg 135-136)

2/2

*smooch*

>no attempt to refute

>supports heliocentric model while bible supports geocentric cosmology
>supports evolution
>claims genesis isn't true
>has attacked the book of Esther
>generally states the bible isn't true, but is very useful
>removed 14 books from the bible in 1684
>promotes muslim prayers
>multiple popes venerate the quran
>runs a child abuse ring 6 continents
>spent several hundred years killing christians for reading the bible
>spent several hundred years burning old and new testaments
>banned personal study of the word of god for hundreds of years
>inqusition killed millions of innocent people
>anal torture was extremely common in the inquisition
>forsook knights templar and tortured them to false testimonial
>catholic church generally pushes a pro-islam rhetoric
>is pro-UN
>OP pic is literal idol worship
>iranaeus identified Rome as the city built on 7 hills that will be destroyed, ushering in the anti-christ

absolute apostate heresy and degeneracy

>posts irrelevant quote to absolute heresy

Your thoughts on lifting Cardinal Tobin?
aleteia.org/blogs/deacon-greg-kandra/meet-the-cardinal-who-lifts-weights-and-is-a-recovering-alcoholic/

I love the catholic and christian cummunity becuase i funded it and they worship my god. Oy vey feels good

>vatican religion
>catholic

Luigi, please.

Father Richard Rohr on the Cosmic Christ
I recentrly discoverd this man and I m amazed

youtube.com/watch?v=8FGObtu-EMI

Heretics sacked Rom. So yeah

it will add nothing to the better understanding of Jesus Christ if we continue the usual protty catlicks infighting. Im digusted by catlicks acting all cocky and all knowing the same I m appalled by the attacks of protties against catlicks.
watch the video and you will understand what I mean!

we are just at the begginning of even understand who and what Jesus Christ is...

Father Richard Rohr is a catlick btw.

Jeremiah 8:8
How can you say, ‘We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us’? But behold, the lying pen of the scribes has made it into a lie.
1 John 5:19
We know that we are from God, and the whole world lies in the power of the evil one.

According to the bible, a fallen angel wanted to be God, and his people populate the earth and are the majority.
This fallen angel was to deceive all so they worshipped him.
According to the bible, God is evil as fuck, just like a demon, very unjust, very boastful, very arrogant.

It is very easy to tell what has happened here.

Christians, muslims and jews, all of them worship the devil.

archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/125637346/#125637346

TRUNEWS is the world’s leading news network that provides a credible source for world news, events, and trends while giving respect and honor to Christians of all major denominations – Evangelical, Orthodox, Anglican, Catholic, and Protestant

Christians need and deserve their own global news network to keep the worldwide Church informed, and to offer Christians a positive alternative to the anti-Christian bigotry of the mainstream news media

youtube.com/user/TRUNEWSofficial/featured

actually, the germanics that sacked rome were mostly baptized christians in the first place.

the only heretics are roman catholics

I said they were hertics, I dont care how many times you jump in a river its not a conversion if you re a heretic. Denying the Deity of Christ = Not Christian STAKE THEM ALL

well, the germanics admitted to the diety of christ, that he was the son of god that came into the flesh that died for our sins, so yea, they were christian.

the germanics were christian before the council of nicea, and they were christian before Constantine made it legal, and they were christian before Theodosius made roman catholicism the state religion in 380 AD

>STAKE THEM ALL
you honestly sound like you've never read the bible in your entire life.

Luke 9
51 When the days were approaching for His [ad]ascension, He [ae]was determined to go to Jerusalem; 52 and He sent messengers on ahead of Him, and they went and entered a village of the Samaritans to [af]make arrangements for Him. 53 But they did not receive Him, because [ag]He was traveling toward Jerusalem. 54 When His disciples James and John saw this, they said, “Lord, do You want us to command fire to come down from heaven and consume them?” 55 But He turned and rebuked them, [[ah]and said, “You do not know what kind of spirit you are of; 56 for the Son of Man did not come to destroy men’s lives, but to save them.”] And they went on to another village.

Lol You're going to need to prove that faggot

This is because the Samaritans accepted Christ (samaritan woman at the well), although some did not and both groups were kind to him.

Ostrogoths and Visigoths came from Germany, and invaded the western half.

Have a bump, fedoras and LARPers fuck off.

About the Franks it became a Christian state 20 years after the sack of Rome in 476 AD. King Clovis Converted to Catholic Christianity in 497 AD

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gothic_Christianity

The conversion of the Goths to Christianity was a relatively swift process, facilitated on the one hand by the assimilation of Christian captives into Gothic society[2] and on the other by a general equation of participation in Roman society with adherence to Christianity.[3] Within a few generations of their appearance on the borders of the Empire in 238 AD, the conversion of the Goths to Christianity was nearly all-inclusive. The Christian cross appeared on coins in Gothic Crimea shortly after the Edict of Tolerance was issued by Galerius in 311 AD

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alaric_I
The Visogoths who sacked Rome were Christian, and Alaric was a Christian King, who admitted the deity of Christ.

Wikipedia is not allowed in here use another citation. At the date of the invasion the vast majority of Germany was ARIAN

Also ALARIC WAS AN ARIAN HERETIC

man, the amount of facetiousness in this post is astounding

>. 53 But they did not receive Him, because [ag]He was traveling toward Jerusalem. 54 When James and John saw this, they said, “Lord, do You want us to command fire to come down from heaven and consume them?

james and john asked if he wanted them to command fire down on them, what part of that reaction makes you think they were kind to jesus christ?

Alright so I've come to the theological truth on gays. After thinking about for some time this is my understanding. No one can be born gay. Gay is a choice. Our doctrine recognizes homosexuality as a sin, and God does not create people to have a sinful nature. ie No one can be born a killer, its just certain conditions on earth that cause him/her to kill and comit sin. That being said Homosexuality is a sin, however we must not show malice to those who think they are gay, and offer them mercy through Christ's death.

Reminder that if you're not a Distributist you are not following Catholic social teachings and have likely been misled by Jews in some manner

Can someone explain to me why in the USA certain conspiracy theories about catholicism are so rampant?
>devil worshippers
>controlled by the jew
>promotes pedophilia
I'm not catholic myself, here in bavaria where i grew up it's mostly alpine paganism (not neo-pagan larping) and roman catholics with which we get along well unlike evangelical american tourists who seem to want to have old germanic traditions to be destroyed for jesus.
>pic related: family grave of a family where one part remained alpine pagan and the other roman catholic

ARIANS DENIED THE DEITY OF CHRIST FAGGOT LOOK AT THE MAP AND GTFO. Also King Clovis of the Franks converted to Christianity from paganism 20 years AFTER the invasion of Rome

>Arianism, in Christianity, is a Christological[1] concept that asserts that Jesus Christ is the Son of God

Constantine was baptized by an Arian Bishop. and he's the one who ended Christian persecution.

source newadvent.org/cathen/05623b.htm

> At the date of the invasion the vast majority of Germany was ARIAN
yes, and Arians are christian.

>AN ARIAN HERETIC
>rome deems arians heretics
>arians proceed to destroy rome
really activates my almonds.

Step 1: Realize Christianity is a Jewish means of control
Step 2: Realize the christcuck threads on Sup Forums are created by shills
Step 3: Realize "gods word" is the hearsay of man and nothing but conjecture
Step 4: Be spritual, not religious. Focus on self betterment and self meditation. The spirit in the sky is bullshit and is not going to help you.

Spiritual: Being open minded about our consciousness and its connection to the wider universe; are we insignificant or just the universe experiencing itself. Do we really die? Are we really alive?

Religion: Believing a book written by a couple of lunatics 2 thousand years ago about the adventures of a schizophrenic and his stories of an invisible sky wizard who created everything

Spiritual: Being a human, wondering, building, dreaming

Religion: Cancer, war, money, mind control, pedophilia, death

Christianity is a jewish scourge upon the western world, and the root of hyper-empathetic liberal ideology. It glorifies weakness and submission while vilifying strength and self determination.

Christians have been duped by the unholiest hoax in all history, by so-called Jews. This is considered their most effective weapon.

This 'big lie' technique is brainwashing United States Christians into believing that Jesus Christ was "King of the Jews", in the sense that so-called 'Jews' today call themselves 'Jews'. This reference was first made in English translations of the Old and New Testaments, centuries before the so-called Jews highjacked the word 'Jew' in the 18th century A.D. to palm themselves off on the Christian world as having a kinship with Jesus Christ. This alleged kinship comes from the myth of their common ancestry with the so-called 'Jews' of the Holy Land in the Old Testament history, a fiction based on fable .

Can you explain?

i was born catholic and i will die catholic.
there is no doubt that the Vatican has been infiltrated and corrupted.
i recognize as christians only catholics and oriental and easterns orthodoxy.

fitzinfo.wordpress.com/2015/02/03/fallacies-of-the-jesuit-conspiracy-theory/

Why should I choose Catholicism over Orthodoxy?

t. convert willing Proty

>franks covered 20 years after rome

thats nice, doesn't change the fact they had little impact on the falling of the roman empire

>look at the map
yes, this reflects that the germanics that sacked rome were mostly christian.

>arians deneied the diety of christ
nope, they sure didn't, you're lying through your teeth and are being spiritually and intellectually dishonest.

answer the question faggot

>james and john asked if he wanted them to command fire down on them, what part of that reaction makes you think they were kind to jesus christ?

the short answer to this is all roads lead to rome

This for all your heresy

youtube.com/watch?v=WSKBGdv07nQ&t=2s

Step 5: realize your inner passion for huge black cock, and proceed to suck as much as possible.

t. Jew

Eastern Rome was totally Christianized unlike Germany which refused the most central dogma to Christianity outside is Ressurection, his DIVINITY. Eastern Rome had a golden age during the "dark ages" for gods sake they HAD PLUMBING, it lasted for another thousand years.

>about Constantine
Well there are a lot of rumors on what he really believed. From what I heard most historians are very skeptical if he was a pagan, arain, or a catholci when he died but even if he was a arian he will still not a Christian. Some of his successors were Arians that caused a lot of trouble

>Constantine was baptized by an Arian Bishop. and he's the one who ended Christian persecution.
You know that that doesn't matter right? Baptism is baptism regardless of who does it. Even if the baptiser is in mortal sin, or not even a member of the church, the baptism is still valid, without any heresy of the baptiser making the baptisee a heretic.

Orthodox are schismatics and its mainly full of Arabs and gypsies that hate Western civilization and can't into philosophy or scholasticism

yes, the catholic church as a nasty habbit about lying about the doctrine of others

>Arianism, in Christianity, the Christological (concerning the doctrine of Christ) position that Jesus, as the Son of God, was created by God. It was proposed early in the 4th century by the Alexandrian presbyter Arius and was popular throughout much of the Eastern and Western Roman empires, even after it was denounced as a heresy by the Council of Nicaea (325).

britannica.com/topic/Arianism

Matthew 16:16
Simon Peter answered, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”

theres about 70 something verses that refer to Christ as the son of God.

the son is created by the father.

honestly bro, go read a bible.

You are worthy of this

Yes, but if God is older than Jesus, than there was a time when Jesus didn't exist. This means the trinity is false because the trinity was incomplete at one time. That means God wasnt God until 0 AD and is therefore is a anti-christian idea.

I've heard there's also an inner schism going on in Catholic church, is this true?

> can't into philosophy or scholasticism
care to explain a bit? I know Orthodox churhces haven't revisited their dogmas for ages, but how come do they contradict those two?

>calling a christian a fedora

you are a spiritually, and intellectually dishonest person

the arian creed does not deny the divinity of christ, and the idea is generally a filthy lie told by the roman catholic church

>Eastern Rome was totally Christianized unlike Germany which refused the most central dogma to Christianity outside is Ressurection, his DIVINITY

this is as dirty jew lie, the arian creed does not reject the divinity of christ.

> Eastern Rome had a golden age during the "dark ages" for gods sake they HAD PLUMBING, it lasted for another thousand years.

yes, I'm not talking about the eastern leg, which stood for roughly a thousand years against the atrocities of Islam.

the western leg was a pagan sack of shit, which before Constantine, was killing christians, and burning bibles at an abhorrent rate.

and yes, roman Catholicism is still the degenerate western leg of rome.

Is there such a thing as being Catholic without accepting the authority of the pope?

you could just be christian.

All Catholics including Jean De Vallete, the Winged Hussars, RIchard the lionheart, and King Baldwin

There is def a progressive wing and a traditional wing but its not really a schism, there is a group called SSPX that are kind of schismatic but they are close to being in full communion

>care to explain a bit?

There are no great philosophers like St. Thomas Aquinas in Orthodoxy. They are kind of like Muslims in the sense they see philosophy and reason as kind of suspicious and not worth their time. For example, both Catholics and Orthodox believe in the real presence of Christ in the Eucharist. Catholics explain it in Aristotelian terms called transubstantiation, and Orthodox scoff at the idea of even trying to explain it because thinking is hard for them. Catholics believe in fide et ratio(faith and reason), whereas Orthodoxy is very much a "check your brain at the door" religion.

God is the father of Jesus. he created him outside the dimensionality of Time. time is a physical property, which neither God, nor Jesus is subject too, it doesn't change the fact the father has to create the son. a Son can not create the Father.

>not understanding the roman catholic church invented Islam, and these people had to clean up the roman churches mess.

>Jesuits
>>>

>a son cannot create the father
I never said that

I was under the impression that every Christian falls under some form of branch (Protestant, Catholic, Orthodox). From my experience the most common question when saying you're Christian is "Protestant or Catholic?". Should I call myself "independent christian"?

Also, the different branches of Christianity believe in different things and different scriptures. What should I do? Read the bible and interpret it my own way?

>not understanding that Islam decended out of Abraham and is the bastard child of the Abrahemic religions

Well now watching that video again I realize I've made on error, Copnstantine did convert on his deathbed to Arianism what I remember is that historians debate if he was a pagan or not after that battle privately and for how long. But he was baptized formally to Arianism and held to that tenant in the latter part of his life.

Technically speaking it shouldn't be a problem, since "whoever is not against you is for you":
Mark 9:38-39
>38John said to Him, “Teacher, we saw someone else driving out demons in Your name, and we tried to stop him, because he does not accompany us.” 39But Jesus replied, “Do not stop him. No one who performs a miracle in My name can turn around and speak evil of Me.…
Luke 9:49
>49“Master, said John, “we saw someone driving out demons in Your name, and we tried to stop him, because he does not accompany us.” 50“Do not stop him,” Jesus replied, “for whoever is not against you is for you.”…