IN VINO VERITAS

In vino veritas: In wine there is truth.

Do you believe actions performed under the influence of alcohol represent a persons true beliefs, feelings, thoughts and desires?

If you do not, then you must believe actions performed by persons under the influence of alcohol have no basis in the persons desires, motives or real feelings.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ikpc1BN4nN8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

yes

I believe in vino veritas. wine brings out the true person.

sorry page ten bump (contd)

I believe the point of consent needs to be when a person decides to get intoxicated. I would suggest putting it at the Legal Limit though (like .08).

If you get boozed and schmoozed and then find yourself getting it shoved in between your legs, and you're enjoying it, thats how you actually felt about it.

It means you did what you needed to do to get your own inhibitions out of the way.

Dont touch the fucking alcohol otherwise. There's a reason its illegal below 21yrs.

Dont go to the fucking bar, period, unless you're open for wild shit to happen to you.

A drunk mans words are a sober man's thoughts.

Alcohol makes you impulsive. Basically they first thought or action that comes in you, you sperg it out.

Actions performed under the influence of alcohol reflect a person's beliefs, desires and thoughts while under the influence of alcohol.

It's literally that straight-forward, one is no more or less "true" than the other.

So you're saying my friends wife coming on to me while heavily intoxicated wasn't her true feelings, meaning no girl on this earth likes me?

yes
alcohol is not a halucinogen
it removes your inhibitions, so anything you say or do is something you're keeping to yourself that is released through drinking.
it was already inside you

What does "true" feelings mean? If all it means is: relating to actions performed while not under the influence of drugs, sure.

Personally I think it, and other substances like it, lower IQ. Dramatically. We're talking at least 20 IQ points if not more like 40.
And some people? Don't have that much to loose! Ever seen a stupid person get drunk?
They start pissing in planted pots...indoors. They pee in closets. They can't figure out which house belongs to them and end up knocking on a strangers front door frantically at 2 am to be let in. They vomit in their hair.
I drank chronically for 10 years. I kept my shit together. But other people....man alive....it turned them completely fucking retarded. And you could watch their basic intelligence degrade slowly over night.
So in my opinion? I don't think you're seeing their true desires, motives or feelings. Or rather, I think you do see all those things, if the person lost about 40 IQ points. Which is why women suddenly get real loose. They've gone stupid. Stupid bitches are always loose.
Be warned. You take a person with 80 IQ to start with, and get them drunk? You have a literal retard on your hands in about 3 hours. Literal. I have a 160 IQ. Get me drunk? I stay sane and fairly intelligent even if I get so plastered I vomit. But I can afford to loose 20-40 IQ points and not miss a beat.

Inhibitions aren't necessarily "true feeling blockers."

I can have base-level impulses and urges all the time. I walk by a pizza restaurant and think, "hm, that smells good," and choose to keep on walking because I'm not wanting to eat junk food and get fat.

Likewise, I can be in love with a great woman and still see somebody and think, "wow, she has a nice ass," and not attempt to fuck her.

Alcohol makes that inner separation between your rationality and "gibs be dat" get blurred, and for some people it leads to a lot of stupid, impulsive decisions.

Incidentally, I'm hung over right now.

then you have never been drunk enough to do something you never would have sober.

Yes. I'm friendly, funny, and brilliant when intoxicated. Like pic related

Alcohol brings out the id, the uncontroled desires and feelings psyche. Beliefs and thoughts are more structured, they are constructions of the super-ego, the capability of human beings to envision their ideal self and make it real. The id is more of a "primal self"; the super-ego an "ideal self"; with the ego managing the conflicts between the two to create the "socially acceptable self".

I don't think any of the 3 individually comes close to a "true self", for I am definitely not the collective sum of my desires, since one can be devoid of desire; nor the ideal image I construct of myself, since that is always in the future, virtually unatainable; nor the façade I put on to function in society, since it's simply an instrument or mediation. The true self is rather the collective of all these selves.

You might have murderous urges while drunk, but if your super-ego stops you from acting on it, you are not and will never become a murderer. Therefore, your true self is not of a murderer, but of a person with enough restraint to never become a murderer (id + superego).

It means I'm a forever alone broke betalord, and it has been nearly a decade since I've felt any female desire or sexuality. When you go this long with those facts at hand you become lonely and desperate.

So when me mates wife came on to me one night, I disengaged and left (walked back to their place alone), but at the same time felt a wave of emotion come over me: because I liked it.

What she gave me that night was like giving the purest form of cocaine hit to a coke addict going through withdrawals.

I know had I been a chad it wouldn't of phased me cuz I'd just fuck other bitches, but I'm not so it tortures my soul.

Thats what binge drinking addicts tell themselves to justify their activity. You are likely obnoxious, sloppy and only funny because of how much of an asshole youre being

she was probably just a whore deep down and would have come on to anyone. Booze makes people horny

You're wisdom proves true.. After I left early, she ended up begging her husband for our other friend to walk her home. The husband friend was so cucked he actually had to say "You're my wife! We'll walk home together!" in order to shut her up.

She ended up walking with both of them, holding both of their hands.

While the husband was looking off in another direction, she turned towards our mutual friend and used the hand she was holding to grope her tits while staring right at him, fuck me eyes and biting her lip.

Whilst my friend recoiled in surprise she tried to bring his hand down to her pussy.

this is kind of adorable. you're actually human. didn't know humans came here.

I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't do drugs of any kind.

Fucking true. The most degenerate people just show their true nature when drinking.

wew lad

trust me once you start to realize that better than 90% of women are whores you will lose the desire to marry. Now i just want to get laid and gtfo. Have seen endless things like related.

Don't start. You won't want to be sober again. Sobriety sucks but at least it's real.

id say she truly desires to be a whore and "being drunk" is her only excuse as her circumstances, like being married, dont allow it. Plus a lot of women start to hate their bf or husband after a few years but dont split because theyre accustomed to it.

That sounds like some dumbass cuck pasta. Usually women aren't THAT bad.

yes its true
>and at least use the whole quote faggot
>in vino veritas in aqua sanitas

I don't even want to get laid. I'm "too smart" to be attracted to whores (outside of the heat of the moment obviously, I'm still just an animal) after having deconstructed my reproductive instinct. I have no more inclination to become intimately acquainted with the moist orifices of a random woman than I am with those of a horse. It's the same thing at the end if the day, a random biological orifice with all the potential biohazards and body horror that implies.

Unless there's some intellectual connection I have no impetus to pursue, and there's almost never an intellectual connection anymore, so why bother when I can just jerk off as I've always done.

Yeah, it really gets me jaded thinking about it. Shes an ex party girl who dated nothing but chads and drug dealers who treated her like trash(and she probably loved it).

She met my friend and was "saving herself for marriage" despite fucking on the reg for nearly 10 years. She also disliked violence, swearing and nudity in movies.

She presented an image of herself like she was Eve in the garden of Eden. From the very beginning I was very suspicious. I thought to myself a woman like this is a physical impossibility. A fairy tale princess cannot exist realistically in this life.

Seeing her drunk changed everything. When a couple of drinks flows into her, she becomes a completely different person. She's walked up to me on a dancefloor once, said her shoe was untied, and wanted me to tie it for her. Fuck that, I told her to go away.

Another time she walked up to me in a hallway at a party while I was petting a dog and she caressed the back of my head as if I was her man while saiyng "Sorry...". I didn't even look up at her or acknowledge her presence.

I feel deep within her she is a broken shattered person, I pity her.

At the best part of all? A month ago I heard her say this at her sisters birthday party to her sisters longtime bf, after he was making fun of her for accepting a date from a guy who was at the same party a few years earlier:

"I may get flirty when drunk, but I'd never dream of actually doing anything!"

>mfw in the back when I heard this

I'm done talking with her. She emotinally destroyed me cuz of that weird line-crossing shit she keeps throwing at me every once in awhile after a couple drinks. Real or not its fucking degenerate.

Maybe you are lying to yourself when you are sober

Thank you. We're all humans. The man who always presents an outward appearance of literally zero weaknesses is full of shit. We all have problems and weaknesses we are trying to mitigate.

What do you do to stay sane?

Being drunk is like being sober ... sometimes you're real - sometimesyou say some stupid shit

Usually the sea isn't stormy but a sudden squall will still fuck you up. Now you can say "but user that never stopped men from putting out to sea", but I'll just point out that the vast majority of humans in history never actually put out to sea if they could help it, and those that went out of there way to do so were always viewed as shady mildly unstable characters, if not downright nuts.

Wine contains certain trace elements that can advance consciousness, the rest is degenerate

Why are female anons so fucking pretentious. "muh muh latin proverb".

Whoops. Wrong thread. Will delete.

>Do you believe actions performed under the influence of alcohol represent a persons true beliefs, feelings, thoughts and desires?

Depends, how drunk are we talking?

If tipsy (enough to remove social inhibition), then yes.

If blackout, no.

it's absolutely true, the amount of alcohol required depends on the person but once you get a person drunk enough the filter stops and they tell you what they really think. some individuals can guard themselves somewhat but others will turn it off completely.

as far as rational decision making, drunk people can be fucking stupid (driving, trying to do something athletic, etc.) but if you ask them their opinion on something, most people who are drunk will drop any pretense of social courtesy they might have had and tell you what they really think.

you were simply hidden under many layers of social conformity.

your primal self would have done those things.

your animalistic self.

how is drunkenness not real?

do you think stupid people live in a less true world?

>Depends, how drunk are we talking?
>If tipsy (enough to remove social inhibition), then yes.
>If blackout, no.

definitely true. there's a point where you remove impulse control on filtering shit out and at which you can say you are of a sane mind. really drunk people will argue that the sky is orange or whatever and that's too far gone.

I almost killed a woman who tried to ruin my relationship ( a single mother slut) under influence of alcohol. I always joked about it but I think I subconsciously always wanted to kill her.

I am certainly a drinker. I can't really say I've ever done anything drunk I wouldn't at least strongly consider sober. I just do it drunkenly.
I guess I drink for reasons other than entertainment. I've found ethanol to be the all around most practical substance to settle my nerves and keep some nagging thoughts and memories at bay. Benzos are shit. SSRIs aren't really what I'm looking for. Booze is tasty and readily available without having to go to doctor and whine about my feelings until he decides what random med I get. My bartender gives me exactly what I want everytime with no questions.
I've seen some shit I could have gone my whole life without seeing and some of that stuff sticks in my mind and that "condition" doesn't respond well to anything except port wine, Kentucky bourbon, and scotch. I'm not a huge alky but I drink all day. I own a home and am self employed so its not really causing me any problems.

No, actually. I've known many drunks and I can truly say that they simply aren't the same person when they are sober vs. when they are drunk.

A sober alcoholic is a terrible thing to have to deal with. I wouldn't wish sobriety on any of them.

>get wasted drunk one night
>cutest and hot girl who i'm literally in love with is puking
>it's my sister bf's house for a party, so i help her, with one of her friends
>her friend leaves and doesn't come back for 10 mins
>girl is fine now, no more puking
>she lays down on bed
>"Fuck me user, I want to fuck"
>she has bf who could kick my ass and I know she would regret it BIG TIME if I fucked her
>I say no, stay with her a bit, think about it
>go get her friends and say she is drunk

i regret not fucking her to this day, but I was a loser and she was popular girl, If i fucked her it would have fucking ruined her, also bf somehow found out (she probably told him) and told me that he knew other people wouldn't do the same thing, told me I was a good man.

Everyone tells me I am a better person when I'm drunk.

If i am drinking in my room then go talk to my mom she tells me "how happy I look" and she knows i'm depressed. It's been about 3 weeks since I quit drinking, but I've just gotten more depressed, slept 13 hours last "night"

Fucking aye brother. Some of us drink for reasons. I think the liquor has kept me losing my shit and going all First Blood dozens of times. You wouldn't like me when I'm sober.

Well you drink half a bottle of bourbon and tell me how real the world is. It's just a spinning mess and you are too wasted to think clearly.

>EVERYTHING IS BLACK OR WHITE
>ISSUES CAN NOT BE NUANCED
>HURR IM OP AND I SUCK DICKS

alcohol dishinbits you, thus your actions while drink are disinhibited

but your inhibitions are just as much "you" as your dishinhibited actions are

so no, it doesnt reveal a "truer" version of you, largely because there is no "real you"

Ain't nothing wrong with drinking. People have done it as long as there have been people. If it helps you be functional do it fuck the teatotaling twats. Come home white man, and have a drink on me.

If you ever disrupt this thread again in that manner I'll fucking kick your ass.

>come get liver failure, white man

Delete that image, we need to get these shitty counterfeit pepes out of circulation before they devalue the currency and crash the economy.

I can tell you that everyone in my family always made sure to drink 2-3 glasses of french wine every evening after dinner. Some of them are WW2 veterans of the Waffen-SS which took a health toll on them because of many nights without sleep and constant stress for years.
All of them have sworn to wine being one of the reasons of their good health. Here the results:
>paternal grandpa: died at age 98 (Waffen-SS)
>maternal grandpa: still alive at 103 (Waffen-SS)
>paternal granduncle: died at age 105 (Waffen-SS)
>maternal granduncle: died at 99 (Paratrooper)
>all of them usually drank red wine every evening
>burgundy and bordeaux type
>pic related: 2nd guy from right is the grandpa who is still alive
>fun fact: he suffered 2 heart attacks during the war
>one heart attack during the battle of kursk
>another heart attack during the battle of the bulge

Come on, you sons of bitches, do you want to live forever?

Yes. That's why no one hates me when I am drunk, people just wish I didn't drink as much for health reasons.

No and there really are worse ways to go but we need to show restraint while consuming alcohol. I'd rather be in the late stages of my life able to drink than having a completely shot liver.

Nice heino

My insides bleed when I drink, alcohol is a toxin.

I've been addicted to "drugs" my whole life. Not just one drug, but the idea of drugs. I've gone years not being sober and now is the first time in my life I might make it out and get a job and have a life. I have quit everything but vape, weed, and tea. Not trying to quit vape or tea, but the weed is a hard last one to give up. I have 2 big nugs that i've made last a month because I figured when they're gone I will quit.

I hate myself and I hate being sober.

I feel for your family, when I leave a task uncompleted it stresses me out enough to need to drink.

Even drunk I'm still too shy to make a move tho

Could you try not typing that with your bf Jamal's dick?

>just using your post to spread some dutch propaganda from my collection

i just got mad deja vu , i've seen this before

Really makes you think

Can you lie when you are drunk?

If so then impairment of judgement does not necessitate the truth. Do we use alcohol as truth serum?

I fucking hate niggers even more when I'm drunk, so, sure. Also, fuck niggers

My granma once said that people in that times were much healthier and could do things that would fuck modern man up

Well the health problems are a horse of a different color. I'm getting on in the years but I have yet to see too many problems from drinking. If you physically can't drink though you don't have much of a choice. I wish you the best of luck with sobriety, I can't stand it either.

Kek, you sing the anthem of my people.

My brothers gf was at the pub with us two, she got drunk and as was going past her on the way to the toilets she kissed me deeply and said "I want more."

fuck sakes, my brothers gf.
I never told him about it and he broke off with her a month or so later, but was just weird experience.

i'm not 100% sure i understand your post but something all of these wine drinkers had in common as well was that they would never push unfinished work onto a future date.
I remember as a teenager when my paternal grandfather was still alive, i would have to check on him sometimes at 2.00 am in the night because he wanted to finish whatever garden task he had set for himself, so i had this 90+ year old grandfather with osteoporosis stumble through his garden with a fleshlight on his head and too sturbborn to go to bed to finish the rest the next day.
Working with pain at high age also kept them alive for so long

>pic related: Paternal grandfather using the field telephone of the americans to prank call them after taking back the town of Stavelot in Belgium during the Battle of the Bulge

youtube.com/watch?v=ikpc1BN4nN8

That's certainly true. See this post:
I mean, most old people going into retirement you and me know probably spend most of their time watching TV and other leisure activities correct? Well the WW2 vets of my family always said that this cuts your life short, so they kept working every day, even with pain and at the age of 90-100

sometimes

it also removes your judgement/fear center

possibly i verbally shitpost sober and drunk.

another picture of the same moment but showing that i'm not making this up
>pic related: paternal grandpa prank calling americans during the battle of the bulge with a jeep they left behind

That's the point - a person that is drunk (not merely UtI) has fewer inhibitions and a weaker grasp of their own ethical compass than when they're sober. But just because he or she may not have normally intended to mow down a crowd of preschoolers with his or her high-capacity, assault pick-up truck doesn't absolve him or her of any blame whatsoever. This US why drive DUI-ing under the influence of spirits is illegal - it provides for the basis of accountability.

>so i had this 90+ year old grandfather with osteoporosis stumble through his garden with a fleshlight on his head
>with a fleshlight on his head

Irish philosophy 101

It is useful to remind people that certain drugs are forbidden, because some of them allow us to see and reach the higher plane that the elites refuse to see us access to it.

On top of that, he sometimes would fall into the bushes, so it happened about 10+ times that i checked in on him and he was half-asleep in some of his flowers or bushes, because well, he couldn't get up himself at that age.
I always joked that he planted the plants strategically so if he fell in the middle of the night he wouldn't hurt himself
>pic related: another pic of the prank call he did during the battle of the bulge

If drunk you is responsible for how you operate your car, drunk you is responsible for how you operate your genitals.

ITT: Degenerates.

>this post
>nazi flag

Wat

While I did enjoy your nice story about your grandfather I was mostly poking fun at your typo.

>so i had this 90+ year old grandfather with osteoporosis stumble through his garden with a fleshlight on his head
>stumble through his garden with a fleshlight on his head
>with a fleshlight on his head
Goddamn, famalam, we should've nuked you when we had the chance.

>fleshlight
Shiiiiiiiiiet i didn't notice haha

English is not my first language and that pirate guy here:
alfready pointed my typo out, though a fleshlight on my grandpas head would even make him laugh

I'm assuming it was a typo at least. I suppose there's a chance your grandfather liked to garden with a pocket pussy on his forehead which would probably explain the nighttime falls.

I'm just bantsposting with ya', m9. In all honesty, if the story and photos are legit, it's one of the funniest stories I've ever heard. Could he have been, dare I say, /ourgrandpa/?

It’s hard to understand other people, to know what’s hidden in their hearts, and without the assistance of alcohol it might never be done at all.

When I get plastered I usually just scream "nigger".

so yes.

>forgot the banner

John 8:21-26

21 Then said Jesus again unto them, I go my way, and ye shall seek me, and shall die in your sins: whither I go, ye cannot come.

22 Then said the Jews, Will he kill himself? because he saith, Whither I go, ye cannot come.

23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.

24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

25 Then said they unto him, Who art thou? And Jesus saith unto them, Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning.

26 I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him.

He checked out late-night german gameshows which always involved nude german girls, so there's that
Oh he would have loved Sup Forums. When he found out there are americans, brits, french etc. who like the Waffen SS and defend them online he almost couldn't believe it, or even anyone from allied nations liking anything about the 3rd Reich

>pic related: his group having caught some soviet soldiers in ukraine

Thank you based Freud.

>I'm a dumb somalian who can't read good an sheit