Otto Brought Everything Upon Himself

"Otto Frederick Warmbier is an American college student who was imprisoned in North Korea in 2016 after being convicted of "hostile acts" against the country. Warmbier, then 21, "confessed" to stealing a political propaganda poster and was sentenced to 15 years' hard labor."

The root cause of everything is the sole fact that he visited a different country and did not obey their laws. People want to blame N.Korea for enforcing their laws. No the blame falls onto Otto. And guess what, he would not have ever been in a coma, if he did not commit the crime in the first place. Everything subsequent is due to his original choice. I have no pity for what happened to him. Do STUPID things, win STUPID prizes.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SzVGIAcLsf8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Thoughtful insight ya butt-pirate.

And why would he need to steal a poster for glorious Kim? There's plenty of them over here.

Best Korea doing God's work yet again.

Sure, you should follow the host country's laws or face the consequences. But he didn't deserve this. He's brain dead, from either incompetence or malice. Still, his parents should have never let him go to North Korea.

Stupidity kills. How stupid one has to be to go to the DPRK? And how stupid one has to be to steal a fucking propaganda poster, knowing that the Norks are just looking for an excuse to take American hostages?

He was probably a retarded leftist who thought that the DPRK is probably a-ok and everything bad they say about them is just porky propaganda.

Actually, yes he did. Choices have consequences. Personal responsibility.

Maybe he'll die then

Alternate timeline where he went to South Korea instead.

yeah he's quite the retard

$5 says he was injected with botulinum because he was a pain in the ass

Wasn't it proven that the agency he was travelling with was some communist-sympathising leftist group?

wow what a new and fresh take on the warmbier case that i have never seen before

this truly needed to be it's own thread

>stealing a political propaganda poster

If he actually did this he should be necked.

It's North Korea. Why wouldn't they be more than happy to send you home with NK propaganda if you asked for it?

Nice post, leaf.

Dennis Rodman will stick his big, black magic wand up his ass and cure him.

>apologetics for a political cult that worships a fat fucking retard while its people starve
China should come to its senses and just invade them.
Kimmy boy's fat fucking head with an apple in its mouth would be the happiest sight to ever grace broadcasting networks. Feed the porker to some pigs and then feed the pigs to starving niggers.

In insult this board's fucking intelligence by pretending North Korea's state is something that should even fucking exist.

Havent you seen the youtube videos. Its totally OK to go there.

he proably saw the poster somewhere and thought it was a nice souvenir.
i find it hard to believe that he actually stole something, since he was arrested when his bags where checked at the airport

>reddit

I don't even care about if he did or didn't do something. Also don't care he was dumb enough to go there. I take offense to him whining like a little bitch for the world to see after he was detained. I mean your gonna be mistreated in a nork prison, may as well stand your ground and say fuck you people

nobody is defending DPRK, we're all implying that the kid is at fault simply because everything you stated is common knowledge. who the fuck visits a place like that, let alone steals shit from there on the orders of another?

user, why did we take him back, he is useless now?

This shit is obvious, which is why when you're some dumbass white bread American you shouldn't visit the Norks and you shouldn't try to fucking steal from them when they're looking for an excuse to sentence Americans?

If you go to saudi arabia and start a gay pride festival in mecca you're asking for trouble too.

Then the same can be said about every other country that lets this state exist. If Otto's home country respects the sovereignty of NK by letting it exist, then shouldn't he have?

>Do STUPID things, win STUPID prizes.
t. Reddit
Gtfo

>Travels to a country known for a strict regime
>Brakes the law
>Begs country for help

What a cuck.

He turned into a vegetable. Trump should send him back.

How is life in Germanistan? You seem like one of the kikes welcoming mudslimes into the country to pillage and rape. Gas yourself.

Did they put a tattoo on his face??

What are ambassador Rodman's thoughts on this?

>brain dead
Stop using terms you don't know the meaning of.

He's not brain dead. If he were, he'd have to be on life-support, which he's not. He may not have much left in the way of higher brain function, but the parts of his brain that keep his organs working are just fine.

>Stupidity
There's plenty of that everywhere. Going to NK is stupid and breaking their laws is even more stupid. But he didn't deserve to come back a vegetable.

Whatever man. You think he can tell the difference? He's a vegetable.

There's a big difference for his family and the doctors: if he were brain dead, they could simply take him off of support and he'd die peacefully. His current state makes matters much more complicated.

So supposedly the Norks gave him a shit ton of sleeping pills to deal with Botulism...

Is there anyway for doctors to wake him from a coma? How do you wake people from comas, or do they just have to ride it out until their body awakens naturally?

>his parents should have never let him go to North Korea.
>his parents
WTF?
He was a full grown man, ffs. 21 years old when he went.

I understand what you're saying but my point was he didn't deserve what happened to him. His parents were stupid for letting him go. They had to know there was a chance something like this could happen.

He's not really in a "coma" in the classic sense: he's awake, just unresponsive. He's apparently lost a shitload of grey matter, and there may well be no way to bring him back. His mind is probably pretty much gone.

Also, the doctors said they couldn't find any residual evidence of botulism, though they can't completely rule it out.

You're right. He was stupid too.

>he proably saw the poster somewhere
if NK's story is true, he was stealing it from a floor in the hotel closed to tourists and foreigners.

They probably tested chemical weapons on him.
Nerve gases cause brain damage even if you survive it.

Good catch, this is clearly a crisis actor blah blah blah. Please fucking stop, Tinfoil.

1. He didn't know the punishment would be to end up in a coma
2. Putting someone in a coma for breaking a minor law is morally wrong
3. Free will doesn't exist

North Korea is known for testing chemical and biological weapons on political prisoners.

>actions have consequences!
so I see best korea will get off the hook yet again

lol

brave words

>He's apparently lost a shitload of grey matter

would could have caused that?

>Why wouldn't they be more than happy to send you home with NK propaganda if you asked for it?

This. Im sure if you asked a guard or whatever they would probably let you take one.

>visiting NK

Why would you visit the enemy? Those yellow fucks should have kept him.

>I understand what you're saying but my point was he didn't deserve what happened to him.
Agreed. Although on a certain level he did bring it on himself, no one "deserves" this result.

>His parents were stupid for letting him go. They had to know there was a chance something like this could happen.
Did they even know he was going to North Korea before the fact? He went there from China.

I can't handle this thread. Look, this kid is just some tourist who wanted to experience real communism. He's getting exactly what he wanted.

It's not my fault he imagines the single most murderous and abusive political ideology ever conceived to be something other than murderous and abusive.

Didn't he know that North Korea has a certain reputation? I'm half-convinced they made him braindead as a sort of symbolism of his acts. Pottery.

If you'd watched the press conference this afternoon, you'd know: prolonged oxygen deprivation probably due to respiratory arrest.

They don't suspect physical trauma as a cause, since he lacks any sign of injuries consistent with trauma. The most likely culprit is intoxication of some kind (potentially consistent with the sleeping pill story, although the botulism aspect doesn't seem to be supported).

Chemical weapons.

>They don't suspect physical trauma as a cause, since he lacks any sign of injuries consistent with trauma. The most likely culprit is intoxication of some kind (potentially consistent with the sleeping pill story, although the botulism aspect doesn't seem to be supported).
the dad knew about the trip.

I'm glad he's in a coma now he can't go on anderson cooper and get a book deal.

fuck this faggot.

Hope they checked him for diseases before they started handling him and brought him to America.
I can easily see the Norks injecting him with Ebola or some experimental superbug that they want to start spreading.

Regardless of what anyone thinks about this, the only path is clear. We must destroy NK.

jesus fucking christ

Don't feel sympathy for this retard. He went to one of the most oppressive dictatorships the world has ever known, thinking it'd be all fun and games. Then he actually committed a crime in a land where they specifically hate YOUR country and even high-ranking government officials aren't safe from execution by flak cannon. "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes" sums this situation up perfectly.

>IF
>IF
Since he is now unable to articulate his defense, we shall never know if the "if" is true or not.

That's really fucked up what happened to him but I can't stop myself from being happy about this.
Everywhere in the world you fucking Murifats are protected like endangered specie and you can get away with any kind of shit just by flashing your fucking passport.
This feels like a little bit of justice was served, like a cruel reminder that you bastards are not above everyone else and that justice can reach you too.

It's times like this that I'm glad I had mildly racist parents who taught me that chinks, blacks and arabs and their countries are not to be trusted.

I would never go to NK.

WE'RE BLAMING NORTH KOREA FOR SCRAMBLING HIS FUCKING BRAINS.

I don't even care if this is a bait post, you are laying out the very opinion of the cowards here.

An American went to a foreign nation that has been threatening America and increasing their missile launches and was sent back in a coma.

If that doesn't bother you then you don't care what other countries do to our Americans.

>our Americans

You can have the potato.

You don't like it?

Who the fuck is named Otto Warmbier? Just some cocky spy name

Imagine being so stupid that you believe he actually stole something and it wasn't just a fake video they made him do after he was arrested.

Like you understand this right? You actually believe north fucking korea. Kill yourself.

Who would he be spying for?

He went to NK. Probably found out deep secrets. Got put in a coma. Now they're probably using high tech equipment to extract information out of his dying brain to find out what he knows.

What did he find out?!

>Do STUPID things, win STUPID prizes
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes**

>But he didn't deserve this

That's not for you to decide. He went to another country and broke their law. It's up to them to decide how to punish this disgusting criminal.

>American is drugged by North Koreans
>"meh who cares"

Why not run to North Korea where they'll fuck your ass for a quarter? Or are you out of money?

And the Russians and drumpf hacked it to help them. Impeachment when?

Nah.

They intentionally sent him back unresponsive to ensure he has no way to communicate what type of torture methods they used and whatnot.

Not assuming that at all.

But if he didn't do it, then he was awfully unlucky to be singled out from all the students he was with (there were like a hundred of them in the tour group) to be the only one detained.

And if North Korea is as untrustworthy as that, then I would assume you would agree with the line of argument which says that just going to North Korea as an American in the first place was mind-bogglingly stupid of him.

In which case, he really brought it on himself regardless of whether he was guilty or not.

Everything that happened to him was subsequent to the original root cause, which was he committed a criminal act in a foreign country. N.Korea nonetheless. Yes, he brought everything upon himself. Did it turn out worse than imagined? Yes, but it does not change the fact that it is completely 100% his fault that he is in his current condition. It could have easily been preventable if he did not commit the crime.

he could of asked for a propaganda banner. they probably would have given him a stack

Believing N. Korea is more inline with believing the Russia hacked the election thing.

There was video proof that convicted him. After facing that evidence, he plead guilty.

youtube.com/watch?v=SzVGIAcLsf8

>could of

>Believing the Koreans

I was actually planning a trip to North Korea next year, how dangerous would it be compared to an american traveler?
Apparently we had issues with NK over some submarine or some shit.

He cried like a little faggot.
He deserves to be in a coma, beta manbaby.

>Not in a coma, but unresponsive.
>Doesn't move or speak.
>Doesn't understand speech.
>Basically doesn't respond to anything.
>Shows no sign of awareness of his surroundings.
>Scan shows an extensive loss of tissue in all regions of brain.

This guy is as good as dead.
Practically on par with those two goblin looking kids who were born without a brain.
Pity that he didn't die on NK soil, that would have grown into a proper shitstorm.
That's probably why they sent him home. They didn't want an American to die there.
But this still has potential. More ammunition against NK to justify the eventual attack.

Going to North Korea is demonstrably fine, as long as you use this one weird trick that works in every country
>Follow the law

Your opinion is that of a faggot though so what does it matter?

There's no evidence that he was tortured at all, at least not physically. He has no injuries (new or old) consistent with any kind of physical trauma. He's also well-nourished and his skin is healthy. He seems to have received reasonably good medical care.

In fact, literally the only things wrong with him are severe brain damage consistent with having suffered a respiratory arrest, and significant muscular atrophy, attributable to having spent the last year-plus is what amounts to a persistent vegetative state.

Frankly, if he's been in this state since the day after his conviction, as the Norks apparently claim, I'm somewhat surprised they didn't just euthanize him.

If anything, the story would have been more likely to just go away if he HAD died of "botulism" in NK, IMO. If they were sending him home just to avoid a shitstorm if he died there, they'd have sent him home a year ago, I would think.

But they literally take away your passport and give you a fake one and it's not like their laws are totally set in stone or objective since maybe laughing at a kim jong picture or something could be considered illegal.
The thing is being afraid of the government, I went to a trip to africa last summer and I wasn't afraid of the govt, I hired 2 africans with shotguns and they were driving me around everywhere because the roads were not safe because of bandits.

I still wish shitkorea would burn though

There's no good reason to go to NK, anyway. The only parts of the country that tourists get to see are the areas that are open to tourists, which means you're not seeing the country as it really is, just the show they put on for foreigners.

Lefties crying about how he didn't deserve to make their commie state look evil, boo hoo

What the fuck does deserve even mean in that context

His name was Otto!

Otto warbler
never forget

I already researched about it, to me it's a unique experience because there is literally no country like north korea, it's so bizarre, you get to run in a stadium with other tourists while the citizens watch in a full stadium.
Where else does that happen that you are the event? Also just from a social observation standpoint it intrigues me to watch how people behave over there.
In 30 years if NK is not the same anymore I'm sure I won't regret that I went there.

Erdoğan should save him.
His name is "Otto" which reminds people of Ottoman Empire.

We can't have our empire crying on TV now?

I've no sympathy at all for the twit. It's bad enough traveling to NK and giving their regime a source of hard currency. But then acting like a punk kid and trying to steal regime propaganda? This guy is a Darwin Award winner for sure.

>mexican intellectual goes to NK
what could go wrong?

Go to North Korea, get fucked up, well golly gee

>it intrigues me to watch how people behave over there
Literally everything tourists see is staged. You're not seeing "how people behave over there", you're seeing how the government wants you to think people behave over there.

>literally putting yourself at the mercy of the norks

???? why

>go to a hostile country
>do stupid things
>get your life fucked by communists (but they're not REAL communists tho)

Wow, it's almost like korea is an authoritarian dictatorship or something.

don't want to get imprisoned? don't go play tourist in countries ideologically against our own. It's like retards who go traipsing around the middle east and suddenly being aghast that they get thrown into an islamic dungeon.

Can someone please tell me why the FUCK did this kid even go there to begin with? What was in it to go?