Why ate we so easy on prisoners...

Why ate we so easy on prisoners? If prison is hell people would be terrified of going there but instead we pamper criminals.
Why?

Yes! We should torture everyone who goes to prison. No matter their crime!

I didn't say torture. I said prison should be hell. If men knew they would be raped the second they got there they would obey the law

Have you ever been to any prison?

Prison isn't supposed to be Hell. Who do you think you are, God? Only He determines who is allowed into Heaven and Hell.

Yea, my dad was a jailer. They have it too easy

What else, Marxists view criminals as an oppressed class. There are lobby groups out there to turn prisons into day care centers that make criminals even more dangerous.

Prison should be a place where isolation is practiced and no comforts should be afforded.

Pretty sure prison is supposed to be punishment

Prison isn't disneyland, you fucking faggot.

cuz of human rights and shit

The problem is people who go to jail don't tend to think about theconsequences of thrir actions

I have mixed feelings on this.

I do believe in rehabilitation, but they also get some weird advantages.

I know a felon(assault with a weapon and gbi) who got a bachelor's degree while in prison, got out, and now has a good job.

I am not a felon, I have never been to jail, I have 2 degrees, and I am unemployed.

I am reminded of this fact every time I speak to my mom.

All prisons should be like ADX Florence

I think it's more the case that if you are likely to get caught you won't do crimes. So someone who has a 50% chance to get sent to an OK prison will be less likely to commit crimes than someone who has a 30% chance to get sent to a harsh prison. Except that, on top of that, harsh prisons seems to increase recidivism. Anyway we all know why US crime rates are so high and it ain't to do with prisons.

prison is a gay zoo

>Yea, my dad was a jailer. They have it too easy
My guess it was low security prison.

>Why should people go to prison for committing crime?
>Come on man, have a heart
1 of 2 things, either these people are unwilling to correct their behavior and trying to use relativism to excuse their bad behavior OR they are truly disgusting by taking advantage of people's kindness and trying to offend again.

Corrections and Prisons are different.

Corrections facilities are supposed to be military style institutions that use regimentation, physical activity, and work to build character in inmates.

Prisons are for people who can't be corrected. People who should be isolated from civilization because they are a hazard to everyone.

The problem is people are so cheap and mix the two institutions together.

How does everyone feel about prisoners being educated by legitimate universities through online/correspondence courses leading to real degrees?

It's already hard for non-inmates to get into college, why make it easy for inmates?

Absolutely not. These are people who haven't even mastered the basic subjects in life, there is no reason to give them a college education. I don't mind giving them very rudimentary vocational skills.

You gonna pay for it?
ADX costs a fortune to run.

It'd easy to be a NEET and spend other people's money, isn't it?

My honest opinion? I think it's cause if prison was too painful and miserable then more criminals would choose to go down shooting .

Also eighth amendment being used by faggot lawyers to a ridiculous extent.

But isn't the end goal rehabilitation?

Isn't a degree the best way to make them capable of responsible personal autonomy in the real world, in terms of employment at least?

If they have a job to keep them busy, they probably won't go do dumb shit.

>ethnics have no concept of future consequences
>harsh prisons will deter criminals

pick one and only one Sup Forums

I expect it's a fairly rare class of criminal who makes an active calculation of expected value before committing a crime, carefully pondering the utility gained against the probability of incarceration and the negative consequences thereof.
Consider if you will that people still commit crimes for which capital punishment is the standard sanction. Most criminals expect that they'll get away with it.

No,the end goal is punishment. They committed a crime and should pay.

This is why you have one of the worst crime rates and highest prison populations in the world. All evidence suggests that rehabilitation is the most effective way to put a lid on crime. Get your head out of the sand boy.

Nope, we need more prisons and longer sentences.
I favor 2 years for your first dui as a way to end drunk driving

>Muh land of the free

Hahaha

Our problem is getting rid of corrections and mental institutions. The problem is trying to make a one-size-fits-all system. Like I said corrections, prisons, and mental institutions should be kept separate.

What's with the flags?

Be careful what you wish for.
>hate speech becomes illegal
>you end up going to prison for 5 years for having a rebel flag on your posts and saying "nigger"
>"NO NO NO NO! I didn't mean like this! FOUL! NOT FAIR! JEWS!"

you aren't free to drive drunk. Land of the free not land of lawlessness

I would rather die than go to prison.

>If prison is hell people would be terrified of going there but instead we pamper criminals.

Not necessarily, they will probably just fight harder to stay out of prison in the first place. More violent resisting or they'll be sneakier with their crimes.

What is the goal of prisons?

If you say punishment then the current method of doing that is by restricting freedom of movement and isolating prisoners from the outside world. For felons it also carries a permanent stigma that will greatly inhibit you from ever doing well in life after you get out of prison. If you say that is not enough then what would you suggest?

Also why are Western prisons so cucked? Instead of having these low-lifes being bums sitting around all day why not bring back Soviet style forced labour gulags. Get them to be productive or of some use.

Don't forget the `warrior' (chimp out) gene.

I had a black colleague, who I suspect had it, and he'd go from normal to immediately throwing punches over nothing.

That will work out great until a prisoner gets injured and the medical bills start coming in. Worse yet after the first one prisoners would likely start injuring themselves to get out of work compounding the issues.

It may even be possible that prisoners would start suing for those injuries.

Wow. 2 years for a dui. You are fucking pathetic. How sheltered were you as a child?

Because prisoners will riot.
Gulags worked because most people in gulags weren't psychopaths. Most people in prison are, and you start stepping on their toes and they'll make you regret it.

What is going on it that photo and do you have source or more similar to it?

You and your rape fantasies. So silly.

aclu

> being bums sitting around all day why not bring back Soviet style forced labour gulags. Get them to be productive or of some use

Even that has an advantage. What happens is that you keep someone in prison until they are about 40-60 years old when their testosterone drops and their body has atrophied. They go into prison wild and come out old and broken.

I think prison should be much more controlled. Allowing separation into gang factions and allowing bearings rapes and murders along with rampant drug trade just creates more criminals.

There's absolutely no reason for prison to be as fucked up as it is.

Everyone should read about the New Mexico state penitentiary riot for a fun time

It's the case for most European prisons (except Sweden and Norway, committing crime there pretty much rewards you).

OP is jealous of all the buttsex happening in prisons.
What conclusion can we draw about OP on this occasion?

Niggers can't breed if they're in prison.

If we immediately stopped providing any sort of services to illegal immigrants we could pay for hundreds of ADX Florence's overnight.

They already know that
>implying granpappy didn't start stretchin dem holes at an early age

They said that in Jurassic Park. Life finds a way.

doesn't have to be

can be punishment, removal from society
or rehabilitation
ours is a max

prison should be forced slave labor like it used to be with building rail roads, once they leave prison they have some trade skill usually. Women prisons should be the same but women labor like textiles/sewing.

Jews don't like this though which is why European prisons are basically vacation spas and American prisons are just gang controlled Nigger headquarters

Pic related

Why is it ok to drive a car drink?
IMO DUI is Akin to attempted murder.
Take a fucking cab, drunky

Operating costs are more than building costs.

To that effect, regarding your statement.
No, you could not.

Removal from society and at the lowest possible cost to that society is my preferred option. Only non-violent offences should be eligible for rehabilitation but perhaps a restriction should be in place for repeated non-violent offenders so we don't waste money that could be better spent better helping first offenders or simply not taken from the citizens wallet in the first place.

You think prison is fun?

I agree prisoners have it too easy. We should adopt an isocube model. One person per box, no sunlight, no windows, no contact with the outside world except for your lawyer who may only discuss your legal situation. And you never leave your box until you are released .

Everyone always has AN answer.
No one ever has THE answer.

Generally because people who think they're smart enough to voice an answer are also completely unknowledgeable on psychology and sociology.
You guys never seem to know how people think as individuals and as groups.

If being assfucked by Jamal isn't a deterrent, I don't know what is.

Like this guy. He has no clue how psychosis is borne.
He wants to isolate the human mind, then release it back into an unisolated environment. That's a recipe for serial/spree killing.

Are those broken shivs in his back?

Why and how do prisoners have access to creature comforts like cigarettes?

check the drop-down menu above the choose file button

DUI? Try automatic loss of license, permanently. Zero tolerance. People have no right to endanger others on public roadways.

Yeah, let's just ignore the fact people go into prison for false charges all the time.

>dey deserved it hurr durr

Niggers are not people.

I'd support this, so long as there is evidence and a fair trial - if you can't live without being able to drive then don't drink before getting into your car.

Should be if you hurt someone it is seen as if you meant to harm them, and if you don't then you still get a fine & lose your license either permanently or for 10 years +

Prisons aren't interested in rehabilitation. They're temporary housing centers. More and more prisons are becoming privatized, and the people involved over crowd them for profit and to point at and say " we need more tax dollars to build more prisons!". They also fund things like correctional guard unions who push for harsher sentences and mandatory minimums for job security.

It's more like using prisons to manufacture an industy. Like the military industrial complex. We're never gonna eliminate crime so why not maximize profits off the backs of low iq human trash?

Who gives a fuck if some retards have a mental break after being imprisoned for taking someone's life. I never said release them back into normal society, just toss them on an island with bare bones infrastructure and let them prove themselves worthy of normal society by not murdering more people and building something for themselves. If they're too insane to do that, again, who cares?

I know that criminals, even the violent one, aren't thinking about the consequences of their actions when commit their crime. I never claims to have THE one final answer, just one approach that I prefer.

A friend of mine went to prison for a violent offence, he got in a fight outside of a pub, something fairly mundane. He'd have not been behind bars had he not made one key mistake, the fight was over and he had won but he couldn't stop himself from going back to kick the guy when he was down. Kicked him in the head a few times in full view of CCTV cameras and the police raided his home a few days later. I don't think the anger management classes were enough, I know him well enough to see that he wasn't changed by the experience. If a similar situation arises in the future then I would not be surprised if he goes too far again.

When the shit goes down the guards will abandon their post. The cons will escape. There will be roving gangs terrorizing to their hearts content. A literal army of miscreants trained to thrive on the suffering of others. Sup Forums will not survive. It will be a haneous and excruciating death.

>just toss them on an island with bare bones infrastructure and let them prove themselves worthy of normal society
We did this. It didn't work.

>During an edition of BBC's Timewatch program, an eyewitness described the carnage in cell block 4. They saw an inmate held up in front of a window; he was being tortured by using a blow torch on his face. They then started using the torch on his eyes, and then the inmate's head exploded.

Prisons have to release their inmates in a "doomsday" scenario.

They are literally required to let all the inhabitants out.

To truly fight crime, we should be focusing on the causes of psychopathy. Crime is a symptom of this disease, and you'll find the disease goes right up the ladder.
The people who make the law are often psychopathic themselves. See- Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump, etc.
Far and away the absolute greatest causes of psychopathic behaviors in adults are child abuse and neglect. The latter being a far greater cause than the former due to it being overlooked.

>It didn't work.
Tbh if I had a choice between Aussie or your slime-infested hellhole, I'd pick Aussie.

This is not how anything works.Countries with horrible hellish prisons almost always, if not literally always have higher crime rates that countries with gentler prisons. If you make prisons hellish all you do is increase recidivism, because believe it or not, living in hell for an extended period of time tends to fuck you up beyond repair.

You might as well just suggest we kill anyone who would serve more than five years, because our system already warps people to a degree that it's virtually impossible for them to re-integrate into society.

Here's an idea, maybe we could start treating people like people instead of behaving like god damned sociopaths.

>doomsday scenario
>required to let them all out

nobody says anything about what happens as they cross the threshold. if there just so happen to be some guys with automatic rifles, so be it

much progressive

Ummmm, why the fuck is it any of your business you FUCKING RACIST BIGOT!

Blacks and Minorities are oppressed with systemic racism literally EVERY FUCKING DAY and when they stand up and fight against it, they're jailed!

But no, that's not enough, you want their prison life to be even worse...

FUCK YOU!
FUCK DONALD TRUMP!
FUCK WHITE PEOPLE!!!!

Actually, he's 100% correct. As I said, you idiots know nothing of psychology.
It's easy to talk shit in the comfort of your own home.

Maybe we should kill all violent convicts instead of wasting money on them.

What happens if you become a violent convict?

Then I'll be killed like the others, obviously.

Execute lifers desu.