Ancient ring proves Islam has always been part of Sweden

A glass ring found in a Viking grave belonging to a Swedish woman offers proof that Viking women were in close multicultural contact with the ancient Islamic civilizations.

The ring, which is decorated with glass and not amethyst as previously assumed, has an inscription that reads ”to Allah” or “for Allah” in Arabic, writes ScienceNews.

According to the archeologists behind the discovery, it’s a well-established fact that Scandinavians traded their women for glass with people from Egypt and Mesopotamia as far back as 3,400 years ago -- so it’s not that unlikely to think that seafaring Viking women might’ve taken the trip down there themselves and married the Islamic merchants in the region, says the researchers from Stockholm University.

”Being the only ring with an Arabic inscription found at a Scandinavian archaeological site, it is a unique object among Swedish Viking Age material,” they write.

According to Jeanette Varberg, director of Moesgaard Museum in Denmark, it’s a very exciting discovery. However, she says she’s not surprised that there were direct trade routes connecting ancient Scandinavia with the East.

“It underlines that Birka has been the gate to the East,” says Varberg to ScienceNordic. “It’s clear that Sweden has always been multicultural.”

sciencenordic.com/ancient-ring-brings-vikings-and-islamic-civilizations-closer-together

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caspian_expeditions_of_the_Rus'
youtube.com/watch?v=6nkTZKiOLzI
sciencenordic.com/see-where-vikings-travelled:
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

islam came about less than a thousand years ago retard

that's a scarab. the word allah predated islam in several saturn cults and other types of cults

Whats more likely, Vikings were living in harmony with muslims, or viking happened to rape and pillage some Saracen filth

Oh Shit O.o

and yeah almost every nation has been mildly multicultural to some degree with occasional intermarriages but what sweden has now is huge gluts of families being dumped into the country, not intermarried in tiny quantities like was normal historically. sad.

Muh purity
>Arab merchants
Kek

>3400 years ago

Islam was founded in the 7th century, nice bait though.

wow, a varangian guard probably took it home with him when he left Constantinople.

Phat loots from the Varagian guard does not evidence of Islam in Sweden forever make.

Vikings did come into contact with Arabs but it was mainly to establish a trade for silk from them.

it's twin towers

These faggots have really been forever cucked??!?!

You know the Vikings plundered the Muslims right? They obviously stole this and brought it back home to their women.

> old jewelry and artifacts found from across continents
> you take 1 Arab ring and say "See! Muslims fucked white women!"

ya ok

lol is that real??

>sweden literally rewriting history

how long until germans consider muslims and not jews the victims of the holocaust?

yes......

from the ashes we will rebuild though.

Yeah vikings raided the Middle-East all the time, this is well known.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caspian_expeditions_of_the_Rus'

how do you know it wasnt plunder?

>“It’s clear that Sweden has always been multicultural.”

Ohhhh of fucking course this will be used for the liberal agenda

>Vikings didn't raid the Mediterranean
>People didn't trade that far

My God.

no fucking way!!! REEE!! it's actually on a Swedish government website? How are white people so fucking cucked?!!??!?!
I'm Jewish I didn't know you fucked ur minds up that much! lol it was just a prank!

Vikings(snowniggers) were raiding and stealing all over the world.

>be a viking
>go raid monasteries for treasure
>trade treasures along the northern trade arc with the Rus for swag from arabia
>get a shitload of dirhams and bury them in gotland
>1100 years later archaeologists find all my loot and think I was muslim

We literally had the same thread when this article came out years and years ago

And steel.

How do they know it wasn't made 2 years ago? Quality in the ME is the same.

no fucking way that is real

no fucking way a swede would agree if it was

>how long until germans consider muslims and not jews the victims of the holocaust?

that would be the only thing in European history that wouldn't be rewritten

It's fine, we survived the 14th century, we can survive anything. Time favors my race.

I guess they stole all those crosses from monasteries because they were hardcore Christians huh.

We're in like the 1400s in the islamic calendar dumbass
>mfw leafposters stick out like sore niggers

How do we know that is real?
>thats the type of shit that causes Revolutionary War type shit to happen lmfao

7th century dumb drumpfposter

They found a ring and instead of thinking well perhaps they traded it their go to conclusion was that the woman sailed off to another country, married a muslim, and came home?

>Jews giving up victimhood and shekels
Not even to culturally enrich germans

So what you're saying is... vikings traded with Arabs. Good fucking job, vikings traded with fucking everybody; there's even a goddamn Michael Crichton book about this fucking shit.

Day of the rake when?

a single ring, likely hacked off the hand of an enemy and brought back as war booty
>Ergo, "It’s clear that Sweden has always been multicultural."
This is not science

so? you can find old Roman coins in India, therefore India used to be part of the Roman empire with full platearmor clad centurions walking around

or some raiding party slaughtered a muslim travelling preacher who found his way up north somehow and took all his shit

to be fair we both know it was most likely a gift from your ancestors bull...

>It’s clear that Sweden has always been multicultural.
We've always been at war with Eurasia.

This. That ring could've gotten on that mummies finger 6 million different ways. I bet the "archaeologist" who made this hypothesis was a woman. A JEWISH woman.

You do realize Vikings traveled most of the known world long before others were sailing outside of the Med? The History Channel's "Vikings" kind of mixes up a host of stories together but is generally accurate in them taking France, Spain and several other European cities along the Meditation. There are stories that they also visited or raided North Africa all the way to Egypt

This. That's completely retarded. This was from trade/loot from a raid.

The swedes were merchants. Likely they traded shit in Northern Europe for that ring which was traded through Italy, Constantinople, and finally back in baghdad or some shit where it originated. Just because the merchant possesses something doesn't mean they had direct contact with the original makers. I have some fucking almonds in my cupboard. Does that mean I bought them directly from the farmer?

It doesn't prove anything since it's one of a kind.
Thousands of obelisks and tons of statues and idols isn't to be ignored just because someone cut off the head of a jalla-jalla and took his ring back to Scandinavia.

>I bet the "archaeologist" who made this hypothesis was a woman. A JEWISH woman.
no doubt.

People who has freedom of speech doesn't realize how bad the situation in Sweden is.
North Korea has less brainwashing than Sweden.

Government and Media together give Fake News around the clock.
(And any blog that challenges it, is hate speech and prosecuted.)

>this thread again
2289th time this year and counting

What is the 13th Warrior.

youtube.com/watch?v=6nkTZKiOLzI

also let me just say the captcha bullshit is fucking ridiculous and is seriously making me re thing why i waste my time with this shite site.

Killing someone and looting their ring to give to a girl is multicultural now?
Sounds like Sweden

>find ring
>jumps conclusion that a stonk wymon traveled a thousand miles across a barbarian continent full of slavers to find the one nice arab (((merchant))) that loved her and totally wouldn't just have sold her blond ass to the highest bidding sultan
Or you know, it was just traded for or was raid loot.
Here a nice interactive map of their travels:
See where the Vikings traveled
sciencenordic.com/see-where-vikings-travelled:

This is from the same site (sciencenordic.com), and no mention of women get married, just an account of Harald Hardrada going to Constantinople and returning rich as fuck.
Fucking get your shit straight Sweden

and they say white genocide is a bullshit

>vikings pillage arabs
>take arabs shit
>bury wife with arab ring
>centuries later
>leftists: we are all muslim

Perhaps that's why the Calvinist protestants were so quick to ally with the Turks. "Better a Turk than a Papist." Pic related.
You can always count on heresies and heretics to destroy civilization.

>no fucking way that is real

cia nsa fbi become one
brexit
failed nk missile
idk
talking heads
false flag in dc, mit, columbia uni?
china leak
two voices... dual band radio?
idk
idk
russia wakes up/goes to war
rod and ring will strike?
"In tablet IV of the Enuma Elish, the rod and ring symbol is referenced as:

"They rejoiced, and they did homage unto him, saying, "Marduk is King!"
They bestowed upon him the scepter, and the throne, and the ring.
They gave him an invincible weaponry which overwhelmeth the foe."[6]"

red pill on marduk

Marduk (Sumerian spelling in Akkadian: dAMAR.UTU 𒀭𒀫𒌓 "solar calf"; Greek Μαρδοχαῖος,[1] Mardochaios) was a late-generation god from ancient Mesopotamia and patron deity of the city of Babylon. When Babylon became the political center of the Euphrates valley in the time of Hammurabi (18th century BC), he slowly started to rise to the position of the head of the Babylonian pantheon, a position he fully acquired by the second half of the second millennium BC. In the city of Babylon, he resided in the temple Esagila. Marduk is associated with the divine weapon Imhullu. "Marduk" is the Babylonian form of his name.[2]

According to The Encyclopedia of Religion, the name Marduk was probably pronounced Marutuk.[3] The etymology of the name Marduk is conjectured as derived from amar-Utu ("bull calf of the sun god Utu").[2] The origin of Marduk's name may reflect an earlier genealogy, or have had cultural ties to the ancient city of Sippar (whose god was Utu, the sun god), dating back to the third millennium BC.[4]

In the perfected system of astrology, Jupiter was associated with Marduk by the Hammurabi period.[5]

yeah still can't figure this one out

>tfw decent bait for once

but these leftist idiots apparently don't understand trade?

There's a difference between trading and handing over your nation.

lol

>Trading or pillaging other civilizations over a thousand years ago justifies the destruction of European cultures and peoples because it means "we've always been multicultural."

Yfw Swedish vikings also watched their wives be ravaged by Ahmed while gleefully stroking in a corner.