Fed raises rates 5 times in 3 months, 0 during Obama's 8 years

What did they mean by this?

usatoday.com/story/money/2017/06/14/fed-raises-rates-forecasts-another-hike-2017/102831598/

Trump called it over a year ago

They're trying to crash the economy. And it's working. Notice how retail is imploding?

pay denbtz

Trump was right in calling out the rigged economy as a candidate, but taking credit for the current economy after his election was a terrible idea - now Yellen can let it all collapse and blame it on Republicans, even if it was really Obama's fault.

dumbasses, the fed raises rates when the economy is doing well

pick up a book goddamn

They finally have the cover and the conditions needed to be able to creep it back up to something sane with some breathing room.

Of course unfortunately it's really a gambit to retain power. It's ostensibly better footing for US power projection in the financial domain because it puts more pressure on other countries and better backstops the dollar. But it's also better footing to threaten Trump with economic collapse if he doesn't play ball.

Seems like a low chance of it not HAPPENING anyway at some point probably sooner than later though. It'll be an interesting tug of war.

so the obama wasn't recovering under obama the last 8 years? muh obama economy. why are the kikes hiking so many times so fast?

lol economy.

I thought Obama fixed the economy and it did well under him? Really made me think

The economy is far from healthy.

>Fed raises rates 5 times in 3 months
Fake news. They raised once in the end of 2015, once in the end of 2016 and two times in 2017.

> dumbasses, the fed raises rates when the economy is doing well
obamaleaf btfo

>They raised once in the end of 2015
You sure about that? I don't remember this.

Where did I say that? Obama far from fixed the economy. Trump is repairing the damage from the last two administrations.

shit your right. it's 3 times in 5 months. reversed the numbers

Can't wait until to see America burning. This is what you deserve for flooding us with niggers.

They will keep raising it and it will be the final nail in Trump
How do you think the US debt will get serviced if the rates rise but the economy is stagnant?

>it's america's fault we don't have the spine to say no to those poor brown refugees :(
lolk

If you don't understand what you are talking about, then don't talk.

>Germany is a free country and totally not occupied USRael territory, goy

No, I'm right. The fed raises rates in times of growth and cuts them in a recession. You don't know what you're talking about. Look at your own graph how they cut them down to 0% in 2009 during the financial crisis.

Rate raising is good for peoples savings accounts

They mean they think the economy is actually improving. So now they have to start rolling back their "stimulus" plan.

I would like to see this graph overlapped with a timeline of the presidents

This.
Trump will get the blame for the horrible economic downturn by the corporate media, but we all know it was the Federal Reserve and their disastrous monetary policies which have gone on for decades. Remember when Greenspan steeped down only a year or so before the 2007 crash and replaced by Bernanke? Now its Bernanke replaced by Yellen before the next one.

See: Jim Rickards, Chris Duane, X22 Report

>implying the rate gets forwarded to you
Oh vey, a little greedy, aren't we, goy?

The discount window is a terrible sham, but he's right in basic concept that if interest rates are better than inflation rates then that rewards the savers instead of the speculators.

Your statement that fed hikes when the economy is doing well is meaningless. We are talking about looming recession. And after every substantial raising of rates - there's a guaranteed recession. Because raising rates quite literally means tightening of the economy. And when you have such high levels of debt like right now, you don't even need to raise them a lot for the economy to crash.

>have leftist leaders that dont value the peoples that elected them
>this is somehow America's fault

I would like to see you google it you lazy pork chop

You are a piece of energy to them, asshole.

>We are talking about looming recession
Oh, I wasn't aware you had a crystal ball.

>And after every substantial raising of rates - there's a guaranteed recession.
You're also ignoring a common cause -- the existence of the business cycle.

If the fed raises rates because of a boom in a certain sector and that sector eventually corrects as all bubbles do, it's a fallacy to say that "the rates caused the recession"

Checked

Just asking ma leaf, no need to get so mad

so if you have a weak heart but are doing fine and would otherwise continue being fine, and i jump out and spook you, it isn't my fault i gave u a heart attack

More like the looming total global collapse. When and how bad? Beats me.

But we're overdue for a significant correction, it'd be a miracle to somehow grow our way out of it, and (((they))) hate Trump and will be very willing to set off booms and busts to maintain power, as (((they))) have done throughout history.

>dumbasses, the fed raises rates when the economy is doing well

You have to be the dumbest nigger on this planet. Seriously.

They hike rates to CUT BACK spending so they can pay the bills. Think about it - would you spend more money on a credit card with 30% interest or 1%?

Furthermore the biggest rate hikes in history coincide with conditions of where the currency is going to hell in a hand basket. The reason they are raising it now is after 10 years of QE the dollar is toilet paper. But if you raise the amount of interest paid on holding said dollars then you can create deflation by slowing the money velocity and making people save.

>Dumbasses

Speak for yourself financial illiterate.

T. Trader.

If you're so certain that a looming total global collapse is coming, go short everything and make millions

failed analogy

Good, show the people their chains and let them rail against the Federal Reserve.

TIME TO REV UP THOSE FEDERAL RESERVE MEMES, especially the Money Masters - A history of the federal reserve, which names the jew, really gets people angry though it's long.

Charts with the value of the dollar since its inception do well too.

Timing is the problem, and I'm not a trader. So instead of shorting everything too early, I'm just hedged for whatever and I'm ready to buy in to a big market correction.

If I don't get one, I guess I'll be happy everything went better than expected.

..........and that cut back is usually when the economy is doing well. They're trying to slow it down, like you both said. You just wanted to jump in and hear yourself talk.

This
How fucking retarded in economics is pol
Under Obama the American economy undid most of the damage caused by the recession but growth has been low since then. Pick up a fucking newspaper
The irony of telling people not to talk
The leaf is right. The two instances of rates increasing during a recession is because the Fed was trying to stamp on inflation because of special economic situations.
The graph quite plainly shows that large increases in rates don't mean recessions. The huge increase in rates, especially in the 1980, came from the Fed prioritizing lowering inflation over borrowing costs. You're conflating macroeconomic factors. The fed moves after the economy.

More appropriately is if you had a weak heart and you had an adrenaline IV which volume of adrenaline is being pumped into you is controlled by panicky people and also you were stabbing a fork into a broken socket and you were deciding whether to bungee jump then someone comes up to you and says boo. The economy is not a product of one cause and effect.

> Obama undid most of the damage
>national debt raised to 16 trillion

Not really.

The interest rate is just random. Sure it should mean that they want to secure the economy and everything, but nobody can see the future.

Goddamit you're stupid.

“Let me issue and control a nation’s money and I care not who writes the laws.” Mayer Amschel Rothschild (1744-1812), founder of the House of Rothschild.

Sigh once and for all the Fed raises rates to control runaway inflation, which is something that happens when the economy is doing really really well, but just letting it boom to fast is not a good idea

The fed is like a thermostat people now put down your phones and pay attention to your economics class

I refuse to believe you're a trader at any company. You're too damn retarded.

They hike rates to reduce spending and loans to reduce inflation. It is the primary goal of the Fed to control inflation. If low rates could make the economy grow just like that they'd perpetually be at zero.

There's no direct correlation between interest rates and currencies. It depends on a multitude of factors.

QE has not made the dollar worthless. Just looking up inflation will tell you that. And you'd know why QE has such a negligible impact if you actually knew economics.

Not actually causes by his economic policy, retard

Raise rates=printing more money=growing inflation

KYS faggitt

>What did they mean by this?
That the economy is currently doing well.
I expect hikes to happen at least once more this year.

They raised rates under Obama