Does this mean people will get jailed for saying "kill yourself" some day?

Does this mean people will get jailed for saying "kill yourself" some day?

Other urls found in this thread:

deadstate.org/here-are-the-disturbing-texts-from-michelle-carter-pressuring-her-boyfriend-to-commit-suicide/
necn.com/news/new-england/Suicide-Texting-Trial-Verdict-Michelle-Carter-428826703.html
youtu.be/P3hi3jk5oaw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes. That includes pretty much everone on Sup Forums.

What's the verdict and sentence?

kys op

She has to become a prostitute and serve solely niggers for the rest of her life. No condom, anal encouraged.

depends on where you live and if they do it

yeah so kill yourself op while it's still legal

She's guilty as fuck, look at those dead eyes, no empathy, complete psycho.

The senate will decide your fate.

This is from ages back you should read the actual transcript the guy was a beta but she went over the usual "kill yourself I don't love you bs" it was very revealing in terms of her disgusting character. She played the victim early on too can't remember how exactly but it didn't all come out clearly then someone released the text messages.

I agree on the dead eyes bit. No empathy also. Yeah, she's very likely a psychopath.

>Female defendant
Zero chance of jail time

Lindsay Lohan hit a new low I see.

It might set a shitty precedent, but what she did was far above a typical kys.
>it was only a kys
>how did it end up like this
>it was only a kys
>it was only a kys

The girl was an idiot, but she was 17 at the time and the guy had been sadboytexting her for ages despite her best efforts to convince him to get help, till she got tired of his shit and told him to fuck off and do it.

I worry that if this shit does get her a solid jail sentence, it'll be a slippery slope that extends to any kind of online or irl bullying. The first amendment will become a parody of itself.

>2017
>Still believes in freedom of speech

will someone answer the question? i don't want to reward clickwhore trash sites that produce headlines like this with a visit.

it was all for facebook sympathy. "my boyfriend died! give me attention!."

i love sympathy. my facebook is almost 100% woe is me. but i just post about my job misery and personal health problems.

>Just weeks beforeRoycommitted suicide, he texted Carter, telling her, “we should be like Romeo and Juliet at theend,” according to court documents.

>“F‑‑‑ NO! WE ARE NOT DYING,” she responded.

>Days before his death, Carter urgedhim to get help.“But the mental hospital would helpyou. I know you don’t think it would but I’m tellingyou, if you give them a chance, they can save yourlife,” she wrote. “Part of me wants you to trysomething and fail just so you can go get help.”

>But eventually, Carter’s tone appeared to change.

>On July 12, 2014, aday before Roy was found dead, Carter wrote:“So I guess you aren’t gonna do it then, all that for nothing. …I’m just confused like you were so ready and determined.”

>“I am gonna eventually,” Roy responded. “I really don’t know what I’m waiting for … but I have everything lined up.”

>“No, you’re not, Conrad. Last night was it. You keep pushing it off and you say you’ll do it but u never do. Its always gonna be that way if u don’t take action,” Carter replied. “You’re just making it harder on yourself by pushing it off, you just have to do it.”

>“If u don’t do it now you’re never gonna do it,” she added.

Despite the guy being a massive pain in the ass, what she said was vile, and she should be treated as a vile person for it, but I can't say she should be criminally charged for it.

>gaslighting the mentally unstable is the same as user telling you to kys

So this is the power of plebbit

Depends on the sentence. She's being tried as a minor.
It's tricky because in Massachusetts, assisted suicide isn't a crime, but if she's found guilty of manslaughter, she faces up to 20 years in prison.

In new zealand we have the 'harmful digital communications bill' so you have to be vareful about what you say - what you say has to be proven true in court. So you can say "I interpret your comment as that similar to a loathsome moron" at which point you need to start collecting evidence to back up your claim so when you do get summoned to court to fight a $10,000 emotional harm payment ontop of a fine and conviction, you can prove to the judge that they were indeed somewhat similar to everyday morons

i'm betting on community service at worst

she was giving him step by step encouragement "yes, no more thinking" "Just park your car and sit there and it will take, like, 20 minutes" "it's not a big deal" pretty much coaching him through it, and even then, there's a very real possibility that the boyfriend will be the only one found liable for committing suicide.

You can't tell who's mentally unstable online, basically if anyone kills themselves over "user telling you to kys", they'd be considered mentally unstable and the person who said it would be guilty of gaslighting.

>be me
>be dumb roastie
>loser bf wants to kill himself ugh
>if I leave him he'll do it and ill look bad
>ill try make him get help for now, someone else should be dealing with this
>ugh its been like 2 days and hes still saying it im just gonna say he should not like he will show anyone the messsages once hes dead

ROASTIES NOT EVEN ONCE

I didn't know that bit. I should say that he would have found that information online either way, but it's a tricky case. Hopefully the sentence will be somewhat constitutional.

Yes, everyone on Sup Forums should stop using "kys"

Yeah, but this is clearly a whole different case.
That faggot has been suicidal for months and unsure if he actually wants to die and she just kept pushing him.
I mean, I don't give a fuck about that guy but I hope that bitch goes to jail, that worthless cunt.
I don't think anyone has ever gone to jail over telling people to kill themselves over anonymous chat.

kys

No, what it means is people should measure their words and understand that there is a time and place for those words. It's a hard lesson that the new generation needs to learn. She is just going to be the example.

Dem eyebrowz

Lame meme

He pussied out midway through and sent her a message after leaving the car to let her know. The bitch literally talked him back into the car so he could finish the job.

If I ever kill myself, it sure as hell won't be cuz someone I love simply told me too, and if they tried to give me tips, I'd tell I don't need suggestions.

That said I don't plan on doing it anytime soon if ever.

From what I understood, her tone shift happened only a few days before he died.

That's too vague to be legally applied.

Well the part everyone is missing is she actively manipulated him. At one point where he was gassing himself, he changed his mind and got out of the car. She then manipulated him in his frail state of mind to get back in the car (keep in mind he just gassed himself so he wasn't exactly thinking clearly).

It's not like she said kill yourself as hyperbole, a joke or even out of anger. She did it because she derived pleasure from knowing she manipulated someone into killing themselves. She used his emotional weaknesses as a tool for to gain emotional pleasure.

Now she gets off on the attention she's getting, her future notoriety, and when she gets no jail time, she'll orgasm from duper's delight.

>inb4 psychopath

She also gave him exact instructions on how to fill his car with gas so he could die easily.

With girlfriends like this, who needs communism?

>Does this mean people will get jailed for saying "kill yourself" some day?
Let's find out:

Kill yourself, faggot!

That's probably the most damning and legally decisive part. His hesitance and then her manipulation is the only moment where it feels like she should actually get punishment.

It was a week or so before his death that she started convincing him, but she knew he was unstable. Also the fact that near the end she was coaching him on how to do it, where to do it and at the end berating him to get back in the car when he pussied out midway through.

Full transcript for those interested

deadstate.org/here-are-the-disturbing-texts-from-michelle-carter-pressuring-her-boyfriend-to-commit-suicide/

She's a legit sociopath and there's no way she's getting off the hook for that.

I totally agree, I had a gf like that once but far less psycho. Overall she followed the reward logic you just outlined

oh ffs will ONE of these stories say, "girl texts EX-bf to off himself and he does." Saying like they were fully committed is just fucking retarded. It means both parties were in a verbal agreement not to bang other people, together by lust or money or whatever, and 1 party takes their life because the other told them to.

Shit doesn't make any sense. Not even if they two lefty lunatics would this make any sense inside their own reality.

>You're my girl. I'm your man
>kill yourself. IT doesn't hurt. Just do it

>hmm. So, we are broken up, then?

There's the only fucking way it goes down.

This bitch went way past "kill yourself", she pushed and pushed and pushed because she wanted to play the grieving girlfriend for media.

She should get raped by a chainsaw.

Fucking please I hope so! Lets fill the prison with all dead people who kill themselves. Let's also not have proper storage for the bodies so the rot fantastically and fill the prison with disease and just kills everyone inside!

She looks like a real bitch

STREAM IS LIVE

necn.com/news/new-england/Suicide-Texting-Trial-Verdict-Michelle-Carter-428826703.html

This was all over my local news. The shit she said and did is actually really disturbing and far worse/personal than any larping/triggering on Sup Forums. She would text him things like "WOW i dont you still haven't dont it, i think you're just bluffing" and literally repeatedly replying to his insanely emo texts with "DO IT!!" "DO IT" and telling him ways to do it etc. The dude was clearly deranged but in the same token this bitch is clearly an evil cunt that should be raped and jailed.

any other links? that one is not available in leafland

thanks but that means the headline is wrong and a judge hasn't "decided her fate"?

So odd. How does she go from caring and want him to seek help to "do it fgt" He must have been one annoying self pitying pussy

the bitch should get 20 years in prison honestly. just enough for her to hit the wall full force and come out old and used up by fat puerto rican lesbians in the slammer

Leave it to Americans to try to understand the totally of a person through one neutral picture.

Fucking retards.

i meant to reply to this

HERE WE GO

She's a woman.
A slap on the wrist and a stern letter.

>gets bullied and beat up in school
>GF gets put on trial

wut?

NOT GUILTY

21st century woman has no empathy and only really cares about herself shocker

If words could kill we would all be dead.

>He must have been one annoying self pitying pussy
I'm thinking this
Maybe she didn't think he would do it, and that being mean would make him stop being a pussy

>Let's find out:

Alright, you're under special observation now!
Three strikes and you're looking at 12 years mandatory.

She's a woman, she won't even get jail time.

Here's hoping a family member of the deceased kneecaps her in a parking lot

>everyone on Sup Forums should kys
FTFY

for real?

i hope she gets life

>have a gf
>still commit suicide

I hate normies

Nah. I'm fucking around. Verdict is coming up.

If you haven't read the transcripts, you really shouldn't comment on this.

This is WAY beyond "go kill urself fgagit" shit that gets put on the internet every 6 seconds.

This woman engaged in a MONTHS LONG campaign of psychological warfare against this man, and pushed him to suicide.

She used straight up CULT tactics. She cut him off from his family, and told him "everyone would be happier if you just killed yourself", but she did it in a way that was designed to appear to be compassionate, like she was doing him a favor.

She literally broke this man's spirit, then twisted it to make him HONESTLY believe that not only would everyone be better if he killed himself, but THAT HIS OWN FAMILY WANTED HIM TO DO IT.

Manipulation doesn't even begin to describe how crafty this woman was. This woman is the female version of Charles Manson.

>Does this mean people will get jailed for saying "kill yourself" some day?

she did a little more than just that

just watched that episode
coinsidence?

What sort of accent does the Judge have? Can't place it.

GUILTY
ROASTIE BTFO

Guilty but no sentence. What the fuck?

GUILTY
>GUILTY
GUILTY
>GUILTY
ROASTIES BTFO

Why is Cara being put in jail?

today the kys meme dies
good riddance

Post screencap

It will come later

>no sentence (yet)
>bail NOT revoked (she can fucking leave)

this "judge" needs to grow some fucking balls

wtf? Did she gave him a lecture on seneca or what?!
youtu.be/P3hi3jk5oaw

>no sentence (yet)
>bail NOT revoked (she can fucking leave)

this faggot excuse for a "judge" needs to grow some fucking balls

whoops

Saving Private Ryan

>White knighting for an ugly roastie
Baka desu

Sentencing comes afterward you nitwit.

>found guilty of involuntary manslaughter
holy fuck what bullshit. I guess if I tell someone to kill themselves on this site and they do it I'm guilty

I think the context is everything, if some guy is being a hyper annoying faggot and you tell him to kill himself and THE MADMAN actually does it that shouldn't be a criminal offense.

But if you're chasing around inniocent schizophrenics and telling them to kill themselves repeatedly just because you're a sicko then yes that's at least manslaughter.

>those tears
anyone else screencap?

Kill yourself.

[spoiler] Should I be arrested for that comment?

Good.

>tfw 24
>talking to buddies HS friend on his discord
>I'm kind of a wildcard with my homies and buddy's friend was acting like a shitter
>had a really annoying half snort half laugh when he does something savage to me
>be getting masters while making money in cryptos while they playing with 500$ on robinhood making 10 dollars in 2 months.
>tfw made over 10k
>he only has two year degree
>he gets a little tilted over something and talks shit to me offhandedly
>go off and say having an IT degree is one step above being a fuckup
>call him broke ass nigga since he lives paycheck to paycheck
>give him shit for having two gay sisters too
>"user I don't give a fuck about you and your degree and money"
>lmao okay broke ass boi
>say did you really one day think at age 15 "hey I wanna work with computers for a living" tell him how I design software for EM systems n shit and how his working with computers is setting up a printer
>he kicks me from discord and removed me on steam
>he an heros a week later
>not my fault desu. Sounded like he had problems to begin with

I still think she should get sentenced. I'm just saying the kid seemed like a massive pussy

No, she groomed him to do it, and then profited from fundraiser event she held afterwards. Also an hero user, this is old news.

Why didn't he block her number?

They were long distance texting. They didn't see each other. She was not working the same job as him and she didn't have any authority over him (like a boss or an older family member).

If someone is being a pest to you it's up to you to set the boundaries and enforce them.

Guilty, 25years from memory

Please feed me sweet roastie tears