Er ist wieder da

Thoughts on this film?

I have not watched it yet.

Is it simply a comedy? Or subversive propaganda?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-y52fmhZGPE
youtu.be/Nbyx-Ad6yXM
youtube.com/watch?v=ASfaSCmZiLQ
vimeo.com/168770649
thetrumpet.com/13209-how-many-germans-secretly-admire-hitler
youtube.com/watch?v=XJf4f_Kw4m4
youtube.com/watch?v=_GWUW0W_xY4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It has been on my to-watch list for fucking ages.

It's anti-nazi, but nazis manage to make it pro-nazi by ignoring the message like they always do.

HEY NIGGA

>made by modern day (((german cinema)))
>Is it simply a comedy? Or subversive propaganda?

what do you think retard?

Watch it and form your own opinion.

except that all the germans feel okay about saying racist shit as soon as they are comfortable around someone, and the fucked up thing was all germans immediately felt comfortable around hitler. this movie is red pilled mate.

An interesting look into the minds and thoughts of average Germans that the modern media don't portray.

I feel like despite Germanys global protestations of "Nazis are evil! We're very ashamed! Never again!" After 45 years of occupation, they take a certain kind of shameful pride in the wehrmacht and nostalgia in nazi Germany that they would never admit to. This is displayed in the film.

>"If you were really him I would follow you." Says one german man.

this
The actor who played Hitler is shit though, way too tall, the dialogue tries too much too be funny

LOL!

It's definitely worth a watch. It was clearly made to basically say "All germans are secretly Hitler and must work hard to not turn into Hitler", but that's not how it comes off.

>I can't critically analyse anything so i'll just swear, use epic le (((jew))) meme, and call people retards.

The post.

that guy was an npd leader though
totally broken fag

youtube.com/watch?v=-y52fmhZGPE

I can't understand the mental processes that one could have that make them think this is in any way anti-Hitler?

I mean, imagine someone else instead of Hitler here, if you have a bias against him, if it was, I don't know, Nikola Tesla or George Washington or whoever.

How is this not scripted and shot in a way that says "Hitler will come down from the heaven and hug you and fix everything"?

It is good. Worth to watch

he also had brown eyes, honestly the thing that pissed me off the most. just give him some contact lenses ffs.

>NPD
>broken

is that eurofaggot sprech for not cucked and actually proud of their culture?

It's a comedy but it also attempts to show what Hitler was really like. He wasn't acting like a crazed, evil mass murderer when around the German people, he was just a charismatic guy who people felt comforted by. Basically this movie is an easy way to answer the question "Why did the Germans go along with this?"

I noticed that too. A lot of people weren't hostile to him.

the book was pretty entertaining, not sure bout the movie tho

propaganda, not even subversive nor even funny.
then end of the film ends with them demonizing AfD as "literally hitler"
kys

that party is half made up off guys that would have been gassed in the 40s and the other half are undercover bnd fags

very funny and interesting. Potentially red-pilling. It did not do what it was supposed to.

>"Why did the Germans go along with this?"
That was the exact premise of the book. When people are cornered they will take any means to get out of the corner, even supposedly evil ones.

It's a good film, because the narrative in the film essentially backfires and accidentally red-pills people.

>Or subversive propaganda?
A German film on Hitler and you have to ask?

i'd say more purple pills really, if you are inclined to see blue you will see blue, red will see red.

youtu.be/Nbyx-Ad6yXM

its not true actually. The message can be taken both ways if you start on a neutral ground

It is actually a very good question. It shows how disconnected the writer is with reality. Hitler in the movie, besides some "muh evil acts for no reason and that make no historic sense" is a very sensible guy. It's hard to watch this movie and don't think everybody but Hitler is fucking retarded.

From what I heard they force school kids to watch it in Germany (among race mixing propaganda like "Türkisch für Anfänger"). Therefore I think propaganda.

I was living in Germany when the movie came out.
I thought it was going to be a anti-nazi shit fest,

but it was pretty red-pilled
>Hitler didn't go marching around throwing salutes screaming at brown people and jews
>He was very respectful, even to the mudshits
>drop redpills like racemixing and Jew media
>Supports the Green Party which is pretty fucking funny, BTFO commies

My abitur was about it

why did Hitler shoot the dog though? that seemed way out of character? It just felt like they had to add a "btw Hitler is still evil though" scene.

It's good. The German humor and emotion manages to cut through the propaganda nonsense

>German humor

youtube.com/watch?v=ASfaSCmZiLQ

.6 stars

worth watching

It's actually... low key redpilled. Hitler is portrayed as having good ideas, isn't shown to be an idiot, angry, little man, or any other stereotypes, and it makes fun of lefties that cry about racism and political correctness. They get away with this all because they can hide behind "Lol, it's just a comedy film! It's how they treat Hitler, not us!" On top of all that, it's actually, dare I say, funny.

TLDR: Yes, it's good, actually not a "let's all laugh at goofy shithead Hitler" fest.

that was awesome

Only read the book. It's pretty good at poking fun at how we Germans view ourselves and our past. Once scene in particular made me chuckle:

>hitler finds out about the ndp and decides to pay them a visit to see if they really kept the spirit of his movement alive as people claim
>arrives at the npd hq
>hitler: "so, you're the guys in charge of the national agenda?"
>npd member: "p-please don't misunderstand us... i-it's not like were Nazis or anything h-hahahaha..."

It's mostly a comedy, but by the end it's sort of propagandistic. I wouldn't say it's inaccurate, though.

The moral of the story is that people just can't believe Hitler is really Hitler and means what he says. This was true of the real Hitler. He laid out his plan very clearly in Mein Kampf, but aside from a minority opinion that he was serious, people thought he was exaggerating and wasn't really going to invade the USSR and attempt to expel the Slavs so it could be colonized by Germans.

Notably, this film was made well before Trump was considered likely to win, so there isn't any alarmist anti-Trump/populism/nationalism rhetoric.

Can you explain this to me please? Or any other Germans. What does this specific segment look like to you and how do you react to it?

Basically, everybody in the film hates him because of his appearance. Then he gets on national tv and gives a speech. Then everybody loves him because what he said is true.

vimeo.com/168770649

It paints Hitler as a perfectly reasonable guy and then expects you to think he's a douchebag for acting like Hitler really would.
It's pro-refugee, but after making a fuckton of good points through Hitler I don't think you can really say it's (((propaganda)))
It definitely is subversive, but not towards us, towards normie culture and views on Hitler

It's on Netflix, pretty cool, you should watch it. I love your country, it's based and hungarian women are beautiful

I would love to, but
>This video contains content from Constantin Film, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

Fuck it, I'll give you my impression anyways. Portraying Hitler as a charismatic likeable leader is exactly the point. The joke is that despite the fact that they have been conditioned to be "anti racist", the modern german people would still look up to him if you remove the historical baggage, by just pretending he isn't actually Hitler.

This, basically.

THIS MOVIE IS SO 2015. IT IS HILARIOUS THOUGH. DAT COMPUTER SCENE.

Well most Hitler performances are shit.

Except for Bruno Ganz; he is unbeatable.

It's one of the funniest films ever made in europe. Just watch it.

This.

It's the last scene when the main character kills Hitler and then he comes back and there's all this emotional music and he smiles and says "it wasn't all bad", and then it cuts to migrants etc.

I mean, it's obviously shot in an emotionally manipulative way, you could see the exact same kind of cinematic tricks in some western where you think Clint Eastwood died and then you realize he's actually alive, you know the kind of scenes I'm talking about.

So I'm not exactly sure if Germans are supposed to emotionally engage and then say SCHEISSE ICH BIN SYMPATHIZIERT MIT DER FUHRER and slap themselves in the face until the feeling passes or what.

Isn't the ending of the movie original? I've heard the book ended after Hitler is beaten by neonazis and they had to put this so that it wouldn't paint him in a positive light. That old jew who recoginizes Hitler is also original.

true

thetrumpet.com/13209-how-many-germans-secretly-admire-hitler

Have you ever been to Kuwait? They unironically "Heil Hitler" you when they realize you are German. It's hilarious.

the ending was legendary
>tfw all the young teenagers who smile when they see hitler

but the best parts were the live action reactions by people
youtube.com/watch?v=XJf4f_Kw4m4

It's anti-Nazi, but it ends up sending the opposite message. Sort of like how American History X is supposed to convince us not to be racist, but the racists were all proven right in the film.

They did Jew it up further in the film than in the book, in an attempt to make Hitler unlikeable. It mostly failed in that aspect.

>Hitler is portrayed as shooting a dog for biting his finger, then playing around with the dead body

Hitler was a dog lover, vegetarian, and animal rights activist, and would never have done that.

>Hitler is portrayed doing goofy, stupid things, like kicking in the headlight of a car trying to kill a fly

It's meant to make him look stupid, but even bluepilled people were like, "the real Hitler would never behave like that."

>Hitler narrates to himself how strong the tv executive woman is, describing how she sucks on her electronic cigarette as if he finds it sexy

Hitler considered smoking degenerate and banned tobacco use in his presence. He actually became popular with his fellow troops in WWI by giving speeches on the evils of smoking and convincing a bunch of them to give it up.

Beyond that, it consists of a few jokes about Hitler adjusting to the modern world and misunderstanding things at first, and Hitler telling the German people what's wrong with the modern world. His television speech was spot on, and his savage dismissal of the far-right party as useless cowards was also spot on. His interviews, where he talks to real Germans while remaining in character, reveals that quite a few Germans agree with with his assessment of everything wrong with modern Germany and several say "if you were really him, I might follow you."

The actor who played him actually got disturbed when, while walking around Berlin in character, an old woman hugged him and said, "I've missed you so much! Everything's gone wrong since you left! Please come back!"

It's a movie that tries to deliver a bluepill and delivers a redpill instead.

>subversive propaganda
you edgy niggers need to calm down
Hitler wasn't a good guy and no one with half a brain will ever believe so

Worth a watch if only to see hitlers reactions

What I discovered while in Germany is that, at least some of you, keep a lot of things inside.
My boss's husband was an almost-stereotypical Psychiatry researcher. I acquired his trust and "revealed" himself a little bit. He admitted to me that all of his workmates were already betting that the rapist/murderer of Maria Ladenburger was an immigrant.

It might sound like something very mild, but it is a very 'incorrect' thing to say in today's world. And I did not expect Germans to admit anything like that.

I also remember an 'incident' where a French workmate told us that in her opinion, the celebration made for the first year in school of a kid (with the Schultüte and all of that) should not include going to a church service, and that if it is done "why not go to a mosque too?".

At first my German workmate (an atheist girl) got visibly upset but did not say anything. I came out in defence of respecting German customs, and then she got more confident and said that it is the local tradition and it should not be changed arbitrarily.

I believe you have a chance to survive, my dear friends.

worth a look, it made me laugh, there is some funny shit if you are already on the red pill, but once it was over, It made me miss him even more.

>while walking around Berlin in character, an old woman hugged him and said, "I've missed you so much! Everything's gone wrong since you left! Please come back!"
That's both adorable and heart-breaking

I read your post with this in the background and it gave me a nationalistic boner. youtube.com/watch?v=_GWUW0W_xY4

user pls I didn't need a feel today

Its impressive how he plays such a good hitler in one movie and then the jewiest of jews in another (The Counselor)

those were supposed to be the bad jokes

>Everything's gone wrong since you left
It really has, hasn't it?

There's still hope, user. There's still hope.

I liked it, what gets me is when he started speaking politics and all the german people start supporting him, it's like it's all on again

Thanks for the read, Spainbro.

>all of his workmates were already betting that the rapist/murderer of Maria Ladenburger was an immigrant.
Oh, that's really common. And it's not even a daring bet these days. Most of the crimes of rapefugees don't make it into national news but the local newspapers are full of them. You just have to buy one and have a good chance that somewhere a kanake was involved in a rape or heavy assault or murder. Often a repeated case even.
It's crazy how criminal these sandniggers are. Subhuman is still a flattering word for them.
People joke all the day about some shit the Gutmenschen (like bleeding heart liberals) have said again and how it's really crazy how we're all just sitting there and taking it. Talk like that.
I often then try to steer the conversation into a more concrete direction but many people are still stuck in their old voting habits. We've obviously drifted to the right somewhat but not what it's needed yet to remedy the shit we're in.

>I also remember an 'incident' where a French workmate told us that in her opinion, the celebration made for the first year in school of a kid should not include going to a church service
Yes, the French are pure cancer with their laïcité. They are such a secular nation but somehow afraid that the Catholic Church suddenly comes back and together with the nobility is going to suppress them again. I don't understand it either. For some reason they just can't distinguish between the cultural aspects that are entangled with their religion and the spirituality or even ecclesiastic politics.

>I believe you have a chance to survive, my dear friends.
I hope we get 2 or 3 attacks like the Bataclan in Paris soon. Best would be Berlin, Hamburg, Cologne or something like that. That's needed to climb the next step in the debate about diversity.

holy fuck...
that was beautifull

It's boring, pretty simple humor, can be funny if you are into it, they did some interviews with hitler and some right wing partys.

The only really funny moments of the movie were all the happy migrants waving at hitler,.

Germans are all hiding what they think especially middle-upper class 40+ men.

It's a really good movie you should watch it

They all love him then he, for absolutely no reason at all, kills a dog and then they hate him and he turns into a maniac to everyone.

It's shit

the director fucked up and made hitler too likeable. My little brothers were rooting for him even after being brainwashed at school

>the director fucked up
I think it was intentional. There is absolutely no way you add clips of people giving salutes, hugging him and the final scene with immigrant riots versus nationalist protests with people shouting "wir sind das Volk".

watch it

>What does this specific segment look like to you and how do you react to it?
Hope.

nah, the movie is great. It shows Hitler in a good light, they just had to put some obvious bs in to be able to show the movie.

It tries to show how both a total acceptance of either left or right wing extremism are bad. Of course, the people who made it are biased toward the left, but they did their best and it comes across as a good condemnation of the left (for creating the environment for people like Hitler to thrive) and the right (for supporting people like Hitler). It has some flaws, like Hitler shooting a dog for no reason to make him look more evil, but generally it is a solid movie.

It also has a Jew that is literally a Satan-worshiper as a main character.

>It also has a Jew that is literally a Satan-worshiper as a main character
They might as well do that's how secretive they are.

Great movie, not 1488 but Sup Forums approved

it was 7D chess in that it's a comedy about hitler appearing in the present, underlied by a warning of how someone like hitler could actually get into power in modern times underlied by the fact that this would actually be a good thing
it's gotten by because most germans lefties are only getting to the second layer

decent watch

also watch in german, subbed if you can't speak it

Massive redpill at the end.

>Borat style film where the Germans want to reelect Hitler
What's not to love?

Dont watch that shit

Read the book it's by far better

It looks redpilled as fuck. I've just watched the begining though.

book's better