Nietzsche

What is your favorite Nietzsche book or quote? I'm looking for some good books regarding philosophy, life, politics, etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x8j2DqnGP2c
youtube.com/watch?v=KrrU3q7UWHs
youtube.com/watch?v=MlojPJr4-Vo
youtube.com/watch?v=RAuu-FuptKk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

"Traps are mad gay"
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Thus spoke zaruthustra easily.

The idea of the ubermensch and eternal recurrence specifically are life affirming

ahhh Nieczowski, great polish philosopher

'niggers...what the fuck are niggers for? muslims too? definitive proof there is no god'

Friedrich Nietzsche

"Found the nigga, got the bigga"
-Friedrich Nietzsche

My favorite part about his work is that exactly the same sort of sad unindustrious losers with zero interest in self improvement he railed against are the sort who go nuts for his work.

My favorite essay of him is 'The Jew'
excerpt:
1. One cannot fight the Jew by positive means. He is a negative, and this negative must be erased from the German system or he will forever corrupt it.
2. One cannot discuss the Jewish question with the Jews. One can hardly prove to a person that one has the duty to render him harmless.
3. One cannot allow the Jew the same means one would give an honest opponent, for he is no honorable opponent. He will use generosity and nobility only to trap his enemy.
4. The Jew has nothing to say about German questions. He is a foreigner, an alien, who only enjoys the rights of a guest, rights that he always abuses.
5. The so-called religious morality of the Jews is no morality at all, rather an encouragement to betrayal. Therefore, they have no claim to protection from the state.
6. The Jew is not smarter than we are, rather only cleverer and craftier. His system cannot be defeated economically — he follows entirely different moral principles than we do. It can only be broken through political means.
7. A Jew cannot insult a German. Jewish slanders are but badges of honor for a German opponent of the Jews.
8. The more a German person or a German movement opposes the Jew, the more valuable it is. If someone is attacked by the Jews, that is a sure sign of his virtue. He who is not persecuted by the Jews, or who is praised by them, is useless and dangerous.
9. The Jew evaluates German questions from the Jewish standpoint. As a result, the opposite of what he says must be true.
10. One must either affirm or reject anti-Semitism. He who defends the Jews harms his own people. One can only be a Jewish lackey or a Jewish opponent. Opposing the Jews is a matter of personal hygiene.

Nicki

Nietzsche is for edgy retarded people so that they can think of themselves as intellectuals.

>Nietzsche is for edgy retarded people so that they can think of themselves as intellectuals.

Only people who say that are edgy retarded people so that they can think of themselves as intellectuals that can't even be bothered to read Nietzsche

The "God is dead" quote in its entirety - mainly because the first sentence has been used to no end to discredit Nietzsche as a nihilist, when in fact he was the warning the west against nihilism and ideologies all along.

>God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. How shall we comfort ourselves, the murderers of all murderers? What was holiest and mightiest of all that the world has yet owned has bled to death under our knives: who will wipe this blood off us? What water is there for us to clean ourselves? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we have to invent? Is not the greatness of this deed too great for us? Must we ourselves not become gods simply to appear worthy of it?
> ―Friedrich Nietzsche

Nice opinion colgate.

Why would anybody read some nihilists diary about wanting to kill himself?

Hmm, this seems antisemitic, I am reporting this to the Deutsche Polizei. Hope you have good lawyer Herr Häns.

Nietzsche is Schopenhauer for optimists.

zarathustra hands down

best quote? "truth is a woman who only loves warriors" something like that

that bit about "hungry niggers need to fuck off and how the jews are goat fuckers" was pretty based OP

Nietzsche is ayn rand for folks who dont like nihilism.

>"The strength of a man lies not in his determination or courage on the battle field, but in his pants. A solitary penis will not suck itself." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Powerful

Fuck, I tarded that up. Meant it the opposite way around.

>"With white power, comes great responsibility" -Nietzsche

I think about it everyday I'm getting dressed.

The Antichrist and Thus Spoke Zarathustra

>books
Democracy in America
-Alexis De Tocqueville

youtube.com/watch?v=x8j2DqnGP2c

Nietzsche is basically the opposite of Sup Forums

Start with Kant, read Nietzsche when you're old and have nothing to live for.

"A nation is a detour of nature to arrive at six or seven great men. Yes, and then to get round them."

Some other favs (I'm currently reading Beyond Good and Evil):
-"What is done of love always takes place beyond good and evil"
-"Around a hero everything becomes a tragedy; around the demigod everything becomes a satyr-play; and around God everything becomes-what? perhaps a "world"
-"One should part from life as Ulysses parted from Nausicaa- Blessing it rather than in love with it."
-"Under peaceful conditions the militant man attacks himself."
-"Objection, evasion, joyous distrust, and love of irony are signs of health; everything absolute belongs to pathology"
-"to talk much about oneself may also be a means of concealing oneself."

Thus tweeted zarathustra ~ @kantbot2000

>Nietzsche
>a nihilist
you are a moron

>Why would anybody read some nihilists diary about wanting to kill himself?

implying you've never read him.

He is at the very least very funny, and way ahead of his time. If you can take away nothing from Nietzsche then i suspect you probably don't understand much.

EU Commie flag telling anyone what to read. You're pathetic brainwashed slave trash.

Fuck Kant

Beyond Good and Evil as he doesn't spend too much time on the Übermensch specifically, (his weakest idea) as he does in some of his other works. He also spends a good amount of time deconstructing other philosophy and even nations/peoples. It reads much denser then Thus spoke Zarathustra though.

"Cynicism it the only form in which base souls approach what is called honesty..."

When you go to women, also take the whip.

Wow, yeah, better listen to a "pirate". You're cool.

All the shit about the last man really describes modern life and our collective goals really well.

kek

>instinct of a people [the Germans] whose type is still weak and indeterminate enough…to be easily obliterated by a stronger race. But the Jews are without a doubt the strongest, purest, most tenacious race living in Europe today. They know how to thrive in even the worst conditions….

The fact that the Jews, if they wanted (or if they were forced, as the anti-Semites seem to want), could already be dominant, or indeed could literally have control over present-day Europe—this is established. The fact that they are not working and making plans to this end is likewise established….[W]hat they wish and want instead…is to be absorbed and assimilated into Europe…in which case it might be practical and appropriate to throw the anti-Semitic hooligans out of the country….

Genealogy
kek

>I am a Polish nobleman pure sang, in whom there is not the slightest admixture of bad blood, least of all German.

don't bother with his quotes. Read his entire body of work after you've read enough of his predecessors to grasp the undergirding concepts of his work.

Nietzsche-as-quotesmith is a sad cheapening and dangerous misunderstanding of this genius and his life's work. Give it a bye or engage it in good faith.

"koreans are dogs"
-Nietzsche

>America is pig disgusting.

- Friedrich Nietzsche

"Japan and Germany are the only civilized nations"
-Nietzsche

"jet fuel burn steel beams"
-Nietzsche

"Traps are dead"
-Nietzsche

"Milo doesn't deserve the death penalty"
-Nietzsche