Catholic priest - AMA

Actual Catholic priest here - AMA

I came on here last month and a great discussion ensued. I have a couple of hours today without appointments, so here I am.

> I won't answer any questions that identify myself. I am in the Western US and that's specific enough.

> Been lurking /pol for some time. A lot of the ideas here match my own.

True, non-cucked Catholicism is the only hope for the world. Neo-liberal globalism is a slow march towards annihilation. Islam is a cultural and intellectual virus. (((Critical theory))) and its consequences are destroying our institutions from the inside out. Only the great Western perennial philosophical system and revealed Christian truth can bring us safely through the clash of civilizations and ensure freedom from totalitarianism in all its forms.

Other urls found in this thread:

remnantnewspaper.com/web/index.php/articles/item/2610-the-gall-of-the-st-gallen-mafia
stjosephschurch.net/leoxiii.htm
mostholyfamilymonastery
youtube.com/watch?v=VKYMgfjCd7E
michelduchaine.com/2013/05/12/re-writing-history-the-prophecy-of-john-of-jerusalem/
vatican.va/archive/hist_councils/ii_vatican_council/documents/vat-ii_const_19641121_lumen-gentium_en.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

> How a shadowy group got Pope Francis elected:
remnantnewspaper.com/web/index.php/articles/item/2610-the-gall-of-the-st-gallen-mafia

When is the Pope going to apologize for putting out the Eternal Flame of Vesta?

You people are just religious extremists that have been tamed. Given the chance, you'd holocaust us all. Just like your predecessors did.

> Info on the "100 years" God granted the Devil to wreak havoc on the Church

stjosephschurch.net/leoxiii.htm

Are you referring to the Roman gods? In the 4th century Romans began converting en masse to the Catholic Church. There was no slaughter. The only people who killed the vestal virgins were other pagan Romans.

Oh look, a Catholic priest who lies. Shocking.

What is your opinion on pic related.

It's true. If a vestal virgin was intimate with a man they were sealed up with the man without food and water to die.

I believe that Pope Francis is a scourge on the Church for our sins. While I pray for his conversion, it is difficult watching him - almost everyday it seems - do great damage to the Church.

It's apparent from this post

Every time the people have God have abandoned the faith - even ancient Israel - they were always punished. I believe that is what is happening today. And the influx of muslims into Europe is exactly what it always was seen as - the scourge of God as well. Since Europe has nearly lost its faith, this is happening again.

That's right. There have been forces in the Church which have sought to dismantle the True Faith of Christ. Pope St. Pius X realized this over 100 years ago and sought to protect the Church from these heretics. They went underground and did not emerge again until the Second Vatican Council and its aftermath.

Why do religious extremists think the only defense they need is to point to someone that they imagine is even worse than them?

It's bizarre that moral absolutists first trick is moral relativism.

And big fucking surprise that every generation you people have a new target to persecute and oppress while playing the victim.

The Pope is richest fucking person in the entire world and he begs for charity while living in a literal palace-nation.

Hypocrisy never dies, it just pretends to ask for foregiveness.

That's an old canard... the whole "the pope is rich" thing. None of that stuff really belongs to him. And he doesn't use it for his own personal pleasure. He carries out a job. And when he dies the next pope uses it. We don't count the white house as part of the net worth of the president do we? Of course not. Because it is not really his.

What is your opinion regarding The Second Vatican Council?

If Satan himself wrote a plan for the destruction of the Catholic Church, it would not be more efficacious than what Vatican II has done. This wretched Council has destroyed everything dear to us, and has brought Catholics and the world at large into the darkness of ignorance and into a putrid state of morality.

I suspect the jews are the ones to blame for the shameless state of the Church but I lack the evidence to do so

Also what is your opinion regarding the Opus Dei?
To my knowledge they are the most conservative/right-wing faction within the Church.

Good question. The fact is, Vatican II never really established any new doctrine. The only loose end it really tied up was to point out that the "consecration" of a bishop is in fact an ordination. Seems kind of obvious but that's what they did. Interestingly, if you read the documents themselves there's very little of controversy. It was how the bishops used the documents after. They put a lot of ambiguities into the texts that they could exploit later.

Bump. Didn't some jew convert to Catholcism and then have a large influence on forming relations with Jews during the 2nd Vatican council.

Bump

The President isn't an aboslute monarch.

The President does not have the authority to dictate what the US Treasury does.

The President does not have the authority to order sell-offs of property.

The President can not invoke infallibility under any circumstance.

History is full of Popes who used the Vatican treasury as their own personal coinpurse.

Well they're definitely not the most right-wing. I would say the Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter would definitely be more conservative. Interestingly, I've met liberals within Opus Dei as well. The archbishop of LA is certainly not very conservative, and he's Opus Dei.

Have you watched this yet?
youtube.com/watch?v=BWsgxCVYtAI
mostholyfamilymonastery (dot) com

Interestingly - and (((they))) don't like to admit this and have made up all sorts of slanders about him, but the chief rabbi in Rome during WW2 had a vision of Christ and converted. He took the Christian name of "Eugene" (Pius XII's baptismal name).

If you want to mention that there have been bad popes, I'm right there with you. I'd say we are currently enduring the worst of them all, really. However, Peter himself denied Christ. The Church will always survive, but the popes may be good or bad. The fact that the Church has survived such bad popes demonstrate that God has preserved it.

I met with you on the last occasion as well. Had a pair of questions answered, mostly about antipope stuff and the likes.

The one question that kept unanswered is your take on arryanism. I remember in your last threads you answering about the meta concept of the trinity and so on but, what about this take?

I'm also curious as to why some versions of arryanism were very welcomed by the aristocracy of that time. I'm talking about roman emperors like Constancio and Valente but in general it kept being a thread among those in powers. For example, in Spania, most of the visigoth and suevi in power exhibit this as well.

I'll definitely take a look.

>We're so right, we're even right when we're wrong!

Do you think the Holocaust happened. If no, what did happen, and where did the Holocaust idea come from.
What are your thoughts on Jordan Peterson
Why should I participate in society when society hates me for being white and male
I have no desire to reproduce, and feel like dying everyday. How can I destroy the (((system))), or is this all necessary for Jesus to come back?
Are Catholic girls a meme
Why should I inflict existence upon an unborn child (by making a baby) when I despise existing
Are you a race realist, and if so, does that impact your life at all
Do u have feminine benis
I have great difficulty accepting the Catholic church because I was raised protestant. I left the protestant church because of my doubts, and have stayed away because they are cucked. Why should I accept the presuppositions of the Catholic Church?
Yeah, basically just why should I do anything when doing anything helps the (((system))), and killing myself speeds up demographic replacement

Do you have any proof you're a real priest? If you were one I thought you'd know that Francis called trannies "a part of the global war on traditional marriage". He's the most liberal pope to have ever held the Chair of St Peter, but he's not a liberal.

On a side note, what's the best avenue into the clergy? It's something I've always liked the sound of. Is a degree necessary?

Would you say a prayer for me? I wasn't raised Catholic so I don't know how it works exactly? Or should I be the one praying? Could you offer a passage that I can read to help find strength in uncertain times?

If Christ is superior, then why does he let his religion die? True, man has been given free will. But that only means Christ cannot persuade others toward his light. Either Jesus doesn't care about the world, or is too inept to save his religion.

Went to my first Latin Mass yesterday.
How can I learn more about the Mass?

Any guideposts you can point me towards as a future Catholic Educator?

So the problem with Arianism (named after Arius, not Aryans) is that they believe that the Father created the Son, rather than that they are co-eternal. Arianism, like a lot of the Christological controversies and heresies of the early Church, served to undermine the divinity of Christ. People could not accept that Jesus was both completely God and completely Man, so they tended to diminish one for the sake of the other. Docetists denied his full humanity while Arians denied his full divinity.

can I get proof?
either for you being a priest or for the existence of God, whichever is most convenient

What would you say to someone who wants to be a part of the church but because I cannot believe in god I wont join simply as to not lie to people.
I don't know what it is but I grew up in an atheist family and because I had no religious upbringing the actual belief in god seems silly to me even though I like a lot of what the bible teaches. If you are indeed a catholic priest I would love to hear what you have to say on the matter.
Also would I even be welcome at a church if I was honest about this?

Is Catholicism becoming mostly a Mexican and Philipino thing? How many white people under the age of say 50 are involved?

TIME FOR CHURCH
youtube.com/watch?v=VKYMgfjCd7E

I think the holocaust happened, but it has probably been exaggerated for personal gains (muh 6 gorillion, etc). Of course, there were way worse genocides in the 20th century. The other day I was teaching a class with children and I was talking about this and this one kid said, "how come we always hear about the holocaust but not these other genocides?" I wanted to redpill him - and all of them - right there, but it probably would not have gone over well with my superiors. The seed is planted anyway.

I'm a big fan of Jordan Peterson. I've turned a few other priests on to him. I want to try his program and see if it's good. If so, I'll recommend it to my parishioners.

Christ has conquered the world. You have already died in baptism. You live now in the Resurrected Christ. Take heart!

Go to www.catholicmatch.com. They are not a meme.

I am definitely a race realist.

I'm not feminine.

I had my conversion in Protestantism. Read/prayed my way into Catholicism

I really don't want to identify myself. I'll just mention that I have an MDiv, an MA in Theology, and an STB (Vatican degree, obtained in the US).

Francis is definitely a liberal, but in the quasi-commie South American way. They're not into the gender nonsense (yet).

>Raised and baptised protestant in my youth
>Parents stopped going to church during adolescence
>Dropped religion altogether after that
>Fast forward 20 years
>'Discovered' the truth of Catholicism through Plato, Traditionalism, etc
>However: living together with gf for 10 years now
How do I into an uncucked church?

>bonus: gf not baptised at all

k, I'll bite

what's your stake on papal infallibility?

I will do you one better... I'll say a Mass for you.

If you don't know how to pray, ask the Holy Spirit to teach you. I recommend getting a good prayer book. I really recommend the Opus Dei published "Handbook of Prayers." It has a nice little plan for a spiritual life in it as well. Published by the Midwest Theological Forum.

And for uncertain times, I recommend the Psalms. I prayed Psalm 38 this morning as part of Matins. It's a good one. 37 too.

Well here's the interesting thing: the faith is dying in Europe, as it did in the Middle East and Northern Africa. The same thing is happening to them that happened in the 7th century when the Muslim scourge began to spread. But the faith is growing throughout the world. We do know, however, that towards the end it will appear as if the Faith has been defeated. Perhaps we are approaching those times...

Michael Davies wrote some good books on the Mass. He was a big Latin Mass defender as well.

I strongly recommend the texts published by the Midwest Theological Forum for high schools. I used one when I taught a high school class.

>PSA: DON'T DRINK THIS GUY'S FUCKING KOOL-AID

Fundamentalist Pentecostal Christian here. What is your opinion of Pope Francis, and if you were able how would you remove the corruption present in the modern Catholic Church?

>Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter
I didn't know about them
What I do know is that Jesuits (at least in Latin America) are the ones who've been pushing marxism and supporting guerrilla groups during decades. To give you an example, in my country, MonseƱor Romero has been the flagship since the 80's of a literal communist soviet-financed terrorist group, which is nowadays a political party.
What is the best way to fight the Jesuits? Supporting the Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter?

Thanks for answering questions and helping us btfo the heretics, Father. Any advice for a new convert?

I think Thomas Aquinas' Five Ways are really good. I highly recommend Peter Kreeft to all. He has formulated them very well in modern terms. In short, things can either be necessary or contingent (non-necesssary). Contingent beings require an explanation for their existence, but not necessary. Since the universe is contingent, it requires a necessary being to make it. I'm not doing it justice, but it is a really solid proof. Called the "proof from contingency." Just look up Aquinas Five Ways

Bump...

Where I am on the West Coast, it's VERY hispanic. I'm a huge "build the wall" guy, but I'd get in huge trouble for saying that. I do believe they should prosper, but I'd prefer to help Mexicans in Mexico than Mexicans in the US. I've never understood why we have to let people come here for them to be helped...

michelduchaine.com/2013/05/12/re-writing-history-the-prophecy-of-john-of-jerusalem/

The most accurate prophecy on the demise of Western Civilization was expressed by a fellow Crusader, John of Jerusalem. He talks about 1) The New World 2) America 3) Climate Change 4) Post-Modernism 5) Muslim Migrations 6) 'Nerd Culture' 7) Moloch 8) Secret Societies, and much else, a THOUSAND years before such things were known. I would read this prophecy and spread it to those who care, because it contains insights in our era.

That charity thing isn't your style, either, huh?

I recommend a Latin Mass if it's near by. Otherwise, I think it is providential that in the very days where it can be hard to find good, authentic Catholicism we have the internet and greater access to books. I recommend some websites to keep you on track, even if you're in a so-so parish. www.wdtprs.com/blog is a good start. His links are good too.

Don't worry about the situation you are in now. If you sincerely ask God to be with you and ask him to lead you in the right way, he'll help you find a solution with the gf. If it's meant for you to be with her, then God will show you how you can tactfully start dating according to God's plan.

Only operates when the pope makes Ex Cathedra statements. This is rarely done. As for the rest of the time, he can be wrong. But the CHURCH is officially infallible. In an official capacity (for example in official doctrinal statements, such as the ones made at Vatican One) we know that we have infallible truth.

Is everything done in Spanish these days? Do they even bother with English at all?

The facts speak for themselves. An open mind led me to the Catholic faith. It may do the same for you.

Opinion on dubia? On potential amoris laetification of humane vitae?

actual catholic priests are incredibly intelligent, you are not
press f to call bullshit

I have come to the conclusion that there is no "earthly" way to overcome the problems. The Church will survive this dark time one way only. And that way is Christ. We must repent and believe in the Gospel. This is the solution to every single problem we have. Or, more specifically, it is the foundation for all solutions. And that goes for every problem that we often speak of on /pol

>holds unpopular Catholic opinions
>complains that the Pope is the worst
>believes the Church is doing the wrong thing
>BUT MUH CHURCH IS PERFECT AND UNCHANGING AND NEVER WRONG

By your own standards, you're a bad person.
By the Church's own standards, the Church is a rotten organization.

But you expect people to just blindly obey it? Next you'll say it was god's plan for all those kids to be raped over and over again while the Pope sends their rapists to South America to evade prosecution.

The thing about Jesuits, they are either really bad or really good. There are actually some very good, brave souls. The bishop in Oakland, CA is a great example. The FSSP is great. But there are lots of good orders. And, of course, diocesan priests such as myself.

How do you explain that the MAJORITY of christians of the 1st and 2nd century would be classified as Gnostics?

Why do you follow the teachings of a liar (Paul)?

Keep praying, keep reading, keep frequenting the sacraments. At least weekly Mass, and I recommend confession every month or so, more often if you are struggling with habitual sin. Remember: God is VERY patient with us and wants us to succeed. If you fail and you feel hopeless, this feeling is from the devil. To ask for faith, to ask for Grace - these are the prayers that God always answer, albeit in HIS way.

Also a decent question that Catholics don't have the intellectual integrity to ever give a real answer to.

Church is perfect inasmuch as its the body of Christ. It's imperfect inasmuch as its filled with sinners.

Thank you for your reply. It's at least less harsh than I expected; i.e. must leave gf before even starting as catechumen.

>I think it is providential that in the very days where it can be hard to find good, authentic Catholicism we have the internet and greater access to books.
I 100% agree. I would not have known or be here considering conversion right now without the Internet. All the books, all the writings of the greatest church fathers are freely available, amazing.

Again, thank you for your answer.

I'll definitely take a look at this. Thanks for posting this.

Did you or did you not watch The Young Pope?

Tank u father.
What is a good occupation for a non-priest? I thought about doing applied math and trying for medicine/law, but I just want to be free of this wretched debt-based economy, and participating in the economy means strengthening it, no?
Also, I am deathly afraid that I will get cheated on/divorced/despised, or that if it isn't my wife, any daughters I have will be coal burners, or sons who are failures. Why should I have kids/get married when the end of the world is coming?
I am also extremely mournful about my impending minority status, this country has decreed that my existence is a net negative to the world, and is taking steps to destroy and defame my ethnic heritage (British) Does the Catholic Church support demographic replacement? Do you?
How does Jesus' death and resurrection change my lived experience of this life.

>thinks it's demonstrates moral integrity to quit a 2000 year old religious system because one guy is fucking it up

wow

Actually, I've gone to Mexico several times to build houses... And I've done a ton of ministry with hispanics here. I don't despise them. I just don't think it's the best way to help them by allowing them to pour through our borders, weaken our social system, fill our prisons and drag down our schools. Most of my ministry has been in heavily hispanic areas. I've done tons of gang funerals. It's really sad. But this is not the best way to serve them, IMO

A person in your position could do a lot of good with the information that was just given to you.

I've been in places that are probably 75% Spanish, 25% English. But it depends on where you are. I'm on the West Coast, so it can be very hispanic in areas.

>implying there's just one bad Catholic

I'm anxiously waiting for Cardinal Burke to act. I've met him a few times. He is one of the great saints of our age. And he is suffering greatly. I have a good friend who is a good friend of his. I believe that Cardinal Burke is scared of schism. But it may happen anyway. Especially if the rumors are true that the pope is considering bringing a hatchet to humanae vitae

Is there any hope for the upper echelons of the Catholic Church? I've heard many times that high ranked clergy is very corrupt.

Do you support celibacy or would it be better if the Church abandoned it?

Why are so many Catholics in the US. Democrat leaning?

If you are a race realist, how can you follow and teach a religion that's universalist?

Can (Western) Europe be saved?

How many children have you fondled? On that note, do you know anyone who has? Why is there so much kiddie diddling in the catholic church?

>implying every other Catholic has to be perfect in order for one person to be Catholic

Serious question this time.

Did you enjoy your voluntourism? How much cheaper was it than a regular vacation?

I went to a top ranked non-Catholic university. I was smart enough to get into that... of course, it was a pretty cucked place. Anyway, I don't need to defend my intellect (what I have is a gift from God... a gift I fumble with more often than not). But I think one should place importance on ideas, not who says them or how they're said.

Hey I'm glad you're back, I don't have time to be on here right now but last time was awesome. Thank you for the websites that you recommended, I shared the links with my extended family and they are liking it too. I hope you come back again, I'd love to hear more from you.

You sure like ludicrous extremes. There are values between zero and one.

I AM HERE TO REMIND YOU

CHRISTIANITY IS ASIAN MASCULINITY

END WMAF

And CHRISTIANITY IS ASIAN MASCULINITY

You must distinguish between the Church, the unstained Bride of Christ, and it's members, who are sinful.

One should follow the FAITH, not the fallible statements of leaders. For example, I vigorously oppose all the pope has said regarding European migration. But he's not speaking ex cathedra. These things we are free to disagree with.

Don't forget that Christ's own apostles abandoned him in his time of need. This is how the Church started. I'm sure in the end it may appear like that again.

'Sup father. Please do what you can to not just encourage traditionalism but learned homilies. Homilies are the part where you can learn something you didn't know before.

Also, what's the deal with demonic possession?

Shut up you heretix

ONLY ASIANS ARE TRUE CHRISTIANS

CHRISTIAN IS NOW ASIAN MASCULINITY

How do I stop masturbating?

Explain this:
vatican.va/archive/hist_councils/ii_vatican_council/documents/vat-ii_const_19641121_lumen-gentium_en.html

>But the plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator. In the first place amongst these there are the Muslims, who, professing to hold the faith of Abraham, along with us adore the one and merciful God, who on the last day will judge mankind.

Bumping

>Believe what we believe!
>But ignore what we do!

>humanae vitae
I understand that opposition to abortion. I share it myself, but why do the catholic churhc opposes other birth control methods apart from the "natural" ones.

Lets say you're President and you want to be a good catholic, but the catholic church in your country is full of marxists, who hate you for not being a marxist like them. How do you fight this? Invite other orders from abroad?

Read this thread and your answers with much interest. Thank you.

Well, obviously I don't believe Paul is a liar. And Gnosticism didn't really emerge as a major force until later, especially when Christianity came into greater contact with more eastern cultures. Donatism also made up a huge portion of the Church. But the orthodox faith of the apostles has survived.

There is only one Bride of CHRIST

SHE is consistent of asians

not WJITES or Blacks

Only asians

This is why we demand to purge WMAF

We demand the end of the goyim whitey

We are the gentiles of PAUL

we are of the Apostles

You are of satan

Afternoon, Father.

I became a monarchist after coming to Traditional Catholicism, and I love it.

What is your opinion on fascism?

>not understanding opponents argument
>just because there are bad catholics doesn't make Catholicism bad
>struggling to find as group over 1billion people that doesn't have bad apples in it

You made stupid points.

Christianity is Asian masculinity