The tree of life

Was this movie based ?
Is this why leftists hate it ?
youtu.be/RrAz1YLh8nY

>leftists hate it
do they?

Looks boring though

It is extremely based

Considering the positive portrayal of religion and the family unit, modern leftists do probably dislike it.

They hate it with extreme vehemence

It portrays a suburban white family at the height of America's prosperity. That's why they hate it.

>yfw hollywood is shilling B-list movies to nazis by gg "muh lefties hate it!"

>leftists

friendly reminder: that is a cucks word. you are enslaved to the left-right paradigm. it is used to control your mind and your opinions

Fuck off preddit

>you wiil never be rough-housed to manhood by a crew cut Brad Pitt

Lolololol

It is a modern interpretation of the Hiob Book of the Bible. Hence the scene with the Creation when the mother asks "Who are we to you?". A wonderful movie.

Don't be fooled by the trailer. The movie bears little semblance to it. Just watch Tree of Life and any other Terrence Malick movie you'll notice a pattern. Absolutely beautiful shots of nature and an absolutely incoherent story.

Criticize Malick and you'll be met by an army film-fag pseudo-intellectuals claiming you just don't understand cinema.

nice b8 m80

Like I have the time to watch an almost three hour movie, anyone who the time to watch this crap has failed as a white male.

Not baiting. I'm completely serious. I've watched that movie 3 times and I've still no idea how I would explain this movie to someone who hasn't watched it. I've never met anyone that can.

You don't explain this movie, you explain how it feels.

This movie is designed to give you a religious experience. It brings up big questions about death and whether or not god is just and instead of being pretentious and giving bullshit answers, they wash away the anxiety about the question itself.
This is all based on the book of Jobbes.

Pretty much. But in-between all of it there is a coherent story. Except it's not documented like most other films. It's a different way of storytelling.

A bit similar to Mulholland Drive in how layered it is.

HAHAHA and yet you're here wasting your time posting on fucking Sup Forums kill yourself

But you're the reddit

>leftists hate it

Kinda long
Very aesthetic
The boys are great actors
Brad Pitt isn't
Seriously, fuck that guy
Thinking leftists hate it because it talks about "traditional" family means you've switched common sense for ideology and are not better than a tumblr sjw

Terrence Malick is the greatest living director. The Tree of Life is the best film of the century so far.

what, that's seriously brad pitt's best role

You need to go back.

the movie has some kino shots.

I'll check it out senpai
also, lol at leftists hating it
>REEEEEEEEE WHAT IS THIS HETERO NORMATIVE WHITE SUPREMACIST FILM. WHERE ARE THE PEOPLE OF COLOR. WHAT IS THIS IT'S TRIGGERING ME. HAPPINESS FROM HAVING A FAMILY? SHUT IT DOWN

So does an episode of Full House.

The Thin Red Line is the GOAT war movie you fucking normie

Great film, hated by people who hate white families and white children... so Hollywood.

>Absolutely beautiful shots of nature and an absolutely incoherent story.
Do you need me to explain it to you stupid? It was an experience of one family struggling to exist a massive display of life and existence.

you might have some form of autism, not even bullying you, I don't really know anyone who has trouble explaining this movie, its an art style of a coming of age flick, switching between the kid as a grown up and a child, interspersed with some amazing cinematography. I honestly don't remember anything based about it, I think Sup Forums just gets hot over nothing a lot of the time.

>attempt to put one human family into literally universal perspective of entire creation, the religious and philosophical implications of evolution and free will thereof
>story
fucking kill yourself
also check these way of grace integers

wew