Be US Navy

>be US Navy
>get into fight with Jap container ship
>lose

Other urls found in this thread:

m.plymouthherald.co.uk/plymouth-warship-torpedoed-whales-mistaken/story-19737150-detail/story.html
web.archive.org/web/20150524080837/http://www.nytimes.com/1981/04/11/world/japanese-ship-sinks-in-collision-with-us-atom-sub.html
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ehime_Maru_and_USS_Greeneville_collision
youtube.com/watch?v=InBXu-iY7cw
youtube.com/watch?v=4NXFCDgyanA
thedrive.com/the-war-zone/5470/littoral-combat-ships-hull-cracked-open-after-collision-with-tugboat
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The container company will go broke as fuck if they have to pay for that...is it a setup of some sorts? how could a US Navy ship be cucked this easily by a little jap boat

m.plymouthherald.co.uk/plymouth-warship-torpedoed-whales-mistaken/story-19737150-detail/story.html

Your navy can't tell whales apart from submarines. Don't get too cocky, Ahmed.

web.archive.org/web/20150524080837/http://www.nytimes.com/1981/04/11/world/japanese-ship-sinks-in-collision-with-us-atom-sub.html

SUPERIOR JAPANESE FREIGHT
FOLDED OVER A THOUSAND TIMES

You have to be especially retarded if you collide with another ship when your ship has all kinds of radar and other scanning stuff.

No wonder these faggots had to use Nukes.

Starboard side, Burgers must pay.

Seven fag sailors missing.

What the fuck though, they were hundreds of miles out on the open sea. How is this even possible? The captain should be publicly whipped by muscular young naval ensigns in jodphurs and calf-length leather boots.

mfw when japs perfected the kamikaze technique and don't actually die

i'm american i ;m not going to alter course
i;m a retard and don;t know what to do but i'm not going to call captain, i.m just going to close my eyes and hope noting happens or other guy avoids me

i'm stand on vessel i;m not going to alter course although the is clear the other retard does nothing to avoid collision
i'm not going to call the captain coz i'm stand on vsl

>Be USN
>Ram jap boats every decade.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ehime_Maru_and_USS_Greeneville_collision

it was filipino

What do you mean by this? Is this a thing?

it was filipino

who gives a fuck

Registered in the Phillipines as a front but owned by Japs.

Maybe there was some truth to that "dirty bomb on a freighter" shit going on a few days ago, just with the details changed. I don't know why a military vessel would to up against a freighter and lose, but here we are.

Seems fishy.

Someone in another thread says this is what happens when you fill the armed forces with women, nig nogs and spics, standards plummet. Is this true?

How will the US Navy counter Russian/Chinese anti-ship missiles? Armor is literally foil

All part of Trumps plan.

Checkem.

yes, filipino flagged. don't you brits understand how this stuff works?

Why do you keep saying the ship was Japanese?

It's a rule on the roads: yield to the car on your right if there are no signs.

>Explains how it works
>Don't you brits understand how this stuff works?
>AmericanEducationSystem.png

>Cargo ship could easily have rammed with 2000 megajoules of kinetic energy
That's the same as a few hits from a battleship gun.

?

Pretty sure they also have access to real-time satellite tracking and their onboard computers are capable of analyzing trajectories of ballistic missiles on terminal path.

Because they're trying to run a multi-pronged disinfo campaign to take eyes away from the fact China keeps bending us over with no state response.

yes
look up COLREG - Convention on the International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea

Yes, rich country corporations flag their ships in Liberia etc to reduce regulations and costs. Doesn't mean they are actually Liberian except on paper.

glorious nippon cargo ships folded one billion times cuts through burger rusty buckets like butter

This book to be issued to all US Navy officers (fun fact: it's a real book).

Pretty standard reaction from people who get confused and frightened by pic related.

Destroyers do not have armor.

Fuck the Philippines. They can fill up my ass.

>americans act like they own the ocean and never comply with sea law
>get rammed
>how could this happen?

Right? Real manly of you goy. We're too busy minding our fucking business with your funded terrorist and ABC funneling drugs to my country.

70 years later the nips are still winning battles against a superior American force.

i would literally shit myself if the OOW was a woman

I've never noticed these flags before

so, got fired today.

That's a nice roundabout. I wish we had such nice roundabouts here.

Then what's the fucking point of them? A frigate with cannonballs could probably win against it.

Confused by what? Driving on the right side of the road?

t. Butthurt burger. Stay Assmad fatty.

Its was superior Korean made Dragon boat no filmsy Jap boats

we have them in massachusetts.

gave me no problem when i moved to UK

>>Your navy can't tell whales apart from submarines. Don't get too cocky, Ahmed.

>A DEVONPORT-BASED warship killed three whales after mistaking them for enemy submarines during the Falklands War it has been revealed.
>
>Two were killed by torpedoes fired from the anti-submarine frigate HMS Brilliant,

(((HMS Brilliant)))

cant make this shit up...

Hope missing sailors are okay

>missing sailors are okay

Yeah they are safe, sound and on their way to the homely coast of Oregon right now

dont you have some japanese woman to drunkenly rape?

>be at war
>on anti-submarine duty
>sonar contacts of whales are identical to subs
>blow them away
>shows professionalism

You'll have to do better than that, my corpulent friend.

Why I have I seen a ton of pics of the Navy ship, but none of the container ship?

Someone show me the damage to the Jap boat

It just continued its journey lmao

Oh, I just read that the container ship was 3x the size of the Navy ship, that makes sense then

Spoilt their paint-job, that's all.

Actually it continued to the nearest port on its own

AHAHA THREE THOUSAND TONS OF FREEDUMB COMING TO A COUNTRY NEAR YOU AHAHA USA USA USA

COMPARISON BETWEEN THE US NAVY AND THE ROYAL NAVY.

AMERICAN NAVY

youtube.com/watch?v=InBXu-iY7cw

BRITISH NAVY.

youtube.com/watch?v=4NXFCDgyanA

>that makes sense
Only thing that makes sense its that it belongs to US Navy you fucking bozos

thedrive.com/the-war-zone/5470/littoral-combat-ships-hull-cracked-open-after-collision-with-tugboat

Tugboat
A TUGBOAT
ITS PURPOSE IS TO PUSH SHIPS
IT IS SURROUNDED BY THICK PROTECTIVE RUBBER

Why does it look as if the container ship rammed the front of the ship into the side of the destroyer?

Because thats what happened?

because that s what actually happened

How the fuck does a HUGE container ship get even close to a WARSHIP without them even noticing? Especially one with a shitload of radar systems?

pic related

Glorious Nippon steel folded over 1000 times

this doesn't even take into account displacement

because it can be owned by japanese and sail under the philippine flag.
The majority of freight ship owners choose a country with more loose regulations.

The radar tech probably thought the range was set to 4 miles and it was really at 40 so he wasn't alarmed by a ship maintaining a steady bearing on his port side. That and muh stand on vessel. Either they didn't follow international rules or didn't use good seaman ship either way people are fucked.

White power should be
+Secure the future of our race
-By inbreeding

Why should it?
Its the fucking ocean, you wont miss it. You are doing 12 knots top. You have all the time in the world.

whales make distinctly different sounds from machines when listening on passive sonar, which subs use, oh, say, 99.99% of the time.

did you deserve it?

>be US Navy
>consistently lose your Carrier Battle Groups in exercises against your allies subs
>be Sup Forums tard burger
>"But under muh real conditions that will never happen, we will find those subs"
>can't even find a surface vessel 222 metres long

displacement? wtf does displacement have to do with anything in avoiding collisions?
i dont know what rules you have in US but the rest of the world uses this ones

18. Responsibilities between vessels
Except in narrow channels, traffic separation schemes, and when overtaking (i.e., rules 9, 10, and 13)
A power-driven vessel must give way to:
a vessel not under command;
a vessel restricted in her ability to manoeuvre (this may include vessels towing one another;[19]
a vessel engaged in fishing;
a sailing vessel.
A sailing vessel must give way to:
a vessel restricted in her ability to manoeuvre;
a vessel engaged in fishing.
A vessel engaged in fishing when underway shall, so far as possible, keep out of the way of:
a vessel restricted in her ability to manoeuvre.
Any vessel other than a vessel not under command or a vessel restricted in her ability to manoeuvre shall, if possible, not impede the safe passage of a vessel constrained by her draft, exhibiting the signals in Rule 28.
A vessel constrained by her draft shall navigate with particular caution having full regard to her special condition

where do you see anything about displacement?

USN are complete jackasses and are notoriously know for constantly bullying civilian ships out of their way with no regard of safety sea regulations

Just this time they awoken the inner kamikaze of the Jap boatswain that proceeded to furiously blare his horns and scream at the VHF "FUCK YU AMERICA, YU MAKE WEY, FUK U!"

>where do you see anything about displacement?
>a vessel restricted in her ability to manoeuvre

A cargo ship traveling into/out of port should fall into this criteria no?

well to be fair the american naval vessel is like 37% plywood because america doesnt have giant ship yard meant to make big steel ships anymore

so its not as expensive to repair. i mean look at that pic and realize nothing was moving at high velocity. probably a 8 mph collision

Woah, easy there with the hyperbole.

Destroyers are screens. Their job is to go in advance of capital ships and report on any enemy sightings, as well as usually having some ASW utility. That's why they're small and cheap.

Hell, in the Battle offor Samaritan in the Pacific, Japanese heavy cruiser and battleship guns weren't an immediate death knell for the few destroyers that charged the Japanese Center Force because their guns punched in one side of the destroyers and out the other. Catastrophic damage to be sure, but if the shells had lodged in the ship and then exploded (as they would on a capital ship with heavier armor belts) it would have immediately broke the ship in two.

armor is pointless, if you're hit you're hit. it's all about the radar, distance of engagement (aka outranging them with your weapons) and active deterrence. outrun, outmaneuver, or gun them down first

Probably a female captain with a bunch of nigger crew on the deck.

>Then what's the fucking point of them?
Going very fast

>
displacement is a unit of mass

(g) The term "vessel restricted in her ability to manoeuvre" means a vessel which from the nature of her work is restricted in her ability to manoeuvre as required by these Rules and is therefore unable to keep out of the way of another vessel. The term "vessels restricted in their ability to manoeuvre" shall include but not be limited to:
(i) a vessel engaged in laying, servicing, or picking up a navigation mark, submarine cable or pipeline;
(ii) a vessel engaged in dredging, surveying or underwater operations;
(iii) a vessel engaged in replenishment or transferring persons, provisions or cargo while underway;
(iv) a vessel engaged in the launching or recovery of aircraft;
(v) a vessel engaged in mine clearance operations;
(vi) a vessel engaged in a towing operation such as severely restricts the towing vessel and her tow in their ability to deviate from their course.

A cargo ship traveling into/out of port should fall into this criteria no?
NO

>carrier groups and everything else on the surface losing to subs

literally that's life at sea. subs are essentially undefeatable. except chinese subs- they are either intentionally sucking to throw the USN off or they're just really stupid because they get detected all the time.

>submarines
>your reaction when US and british sub "bump" with each other at the bottom of the Atlantic

look it up. both subs were so quiet and invisible they had no idea the other was there. by sheer chance they collided. they were barely moving.

Entire crew is Filipino, though

>outrun, outmaneuver
They couldn't outmaneuver a cargoship for God's sake.

Can't see this playing out very well on the battlefield either. I studied WWIII, and they didn't build destroyers this weak back then, that I can tell you. Hopefully this whole class of destroyers has a major design overhaul because if it doesn't, they're useless weapons of war and a waste of taxpayer money.

To be fair the destroyer was supposedly doing 3 knots, it was practically drifting, you have near no manueverability in such a speed
Probably some breakdown that failed to communicate?
Who knows

I know, it's more the constant touting of how carriers are the king of the sea when in reality it's the subs.
Yes yes a carrier is nice and dandy if you want to bomb Yemen or some such, but eh.

>we've got the strongest military in the world, bruv
>get rammed by 3rd world country container ship moving several inches an hour so hard american destroyer is smashed to bits
>shieeeeeeeet

>in reality it's the subs

Eh that would be the cruiser

But who doesnt love some sick Fleet in Being mind games?

No, the marines on Okinawa do that for us

if thay had a breakdown they should have communicate this to the other vsl, more so they should have broadcasted a safety message to inform all nearby vsl about the issue and put on the lights/shapes for not under command
they did nothing from above or we don;t have info about it. unit then they are guilty for the collision 90%. the other retards should have done something also not ram a ship just because you have pririty

>container ship moving several inches an hour
you realize that container ships are probably the fastest commercial ships

It was a cargo ship significantly larger than the naval vessel

Yeah, the captain of that ship just saw his career go down in flames, along with whoever the deck officer was.

you realize youre polish