Amazon is taking over the World

money.cnn.com/2017/06/17/news/companies/amazon-whole-foods-reshapes-grocery/index.html

They've already destroyed the Malls. Now they are coming after Wal-Mart and Kroger.

If you think you're job in retail is safe, think again.

Other urls found in this thread:

recode.net/2016/11/9/13573926/donald-trump-amazon-jeff-bezos-antitrust-taxes
youtube.com/watch?v=Z8zNsUTWsOc
archive.is/P5ZUc
marketwatch.com/story/these-are-the-largest-employers-in-the-us-state-by-state-2017-01-26
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What's Kroger? Who cares about whole foods, I've never seen one before.

You are an idiot.
This was a HUGE and publicized problem with Wal-Mart.

Wal-Mart got out Jewed...
The USA should have clamped down on it when Wally world was destroying local businesses and they didn't.

So it opened the flood gate and now this is completely legal if Walt-marts monopoly is.

Kroger is a Midwest supplier, like Dillon's.

If you don't know of them you are a coast cuck stop using the confederate flag.

Found the Floridian. Kroger is where people buy groceries where they don't have Publix.

In Canada warlmarts are only in the ghetto, we used to have zellers but target bought them then closed a year later so there's no big box stores anymore for whites to go to besides the high end department stores.

Fuck Florida
I've never been near the ocean in my life

good

retail should go away

Before it was farms, and then mills, and then textile factories. This is just another job segment disappearing because its intended output can be done a better way. Many humans achieve higher levels of output than attend to a register and point people towards a restroom.

I'm born and raised in the midwest and never heard of it.

Regulations and "free trade" killed mom and pops, a mega giant like Walmart is just the necessary end result

Mom and pops are still the standard here, the only big box we have where I live in Toronto is the LCBO and Dominion (fuck you quebec I'm not calling it Metro)

I don't understand how you've never even heard of Kroger before

>Now they are coming after Wal-Mart and Kroger.
You say that like it's a bad thing.

Good fuck Walmart and small mom and pop shops.

Everything should be owned by Amazon. I hope they fuck over car dealers soon and sell cars directly to customers.

adapt or die

also isnt wallmart shit anyway?

Amazon is based. I wouldn't be surprised if within the next couple of years they automate most of their warehouse labor. Then they would really have enough leverage with their pricing to BTFO walmart.

Wtf NO.

Whole Foods only congregate in rich liberal neighborhoods. You won't find one of these in hickville I assure you.

RIGHT WING SUBURBAN RETARDS NEED NOT TO WORRY

I'm not ordering food from fucking amazon.

>If you think you're job in retail is safe, think again.
Amazon will never destroy the gas station/convenience store.

Heard of Kroger, never seen one.

Kroger is called Ralphs on the west coast, I think.

This sounds more like a golf course acquisition for the sake of vanity than a super market power play.

Hunting Kroger and especially Walmart with a Whole Foods is like trying to sell deer meat that you shot with a punt gun.

If Amazon turns Whole Foods into a bargain basement chain they probably have a chance though. Walmart is still doing the general store model and has the "come get it today" advantage. There is a walmart about 2 miles from my house. Why am I going to order groceries (yes you can do this) when I can just go get them and be back in under an hour?

Krogers may have a harder go of it because they are trying to be fancy (direct competition with Whole Foods) but are still smart enough to have some discount sutff in the store too. This should be a fun story to watch in the next 5 years or so. If Amazon makes WF go cheaper, they just might create a big market.

Why would I go to a brick and mortar store when I can get the same thing online for less money? Expertise? Most retail monkeys know next to nothing about their products, I can get more from amazon usually.

The only reasons to not buy online are because you need it right now, you need to try it on(clothing), or it's a perishable food item that you want to pick out yourself.

Retail is becoming obsolete.

I lived in Clermont while working at Disney and there was a Kroger near to me.

Fuck you.

Walmart really isn't bad. I buy a lot of stuff there because it's cheap and there's always one within a few miles. The clothes I'm wearing now only cost about $20 from Walmart.

Whole foods founder and CEO is a right wing suburban retard you dope. A cucked one to be sure but nevertheless.

I refuse to buy made in China and I plan to replace everything in my house with products made in Anglo countries, I can't do this in a normal shop I have to go online.

Depends on the Wal-Mart and the time of day. Go to one in an urban area during a busy time and it's the most horrific experience you can imagine.

Whole Foods is for rich people, that is true. Mostly coz all of their products are 'organic' and locally sourced. You don't see kellog cereal brands on their shelves, that much I can say... Pretty obscure stuff but healthier, and made with less ingredients

You cant destroy walmart. Their earnings are aimed to 20% profit at BEST. Whatever Amazon implements they will copy it and charge you the half Amazons charges you.

But it's made in the Far East and not America, my pants cost $50 a pair but they're made in Canada

no one can afford whole foods anyway except for boomer yuppie faggots

walmart will remain king among ghetto scum and everyone else on a budget

real people will not pay $7.99 for two sips of organic piss juice

They got killed because their format was too expensive and you CANT pay for it. People choosed cheaper stuff over quality service

Even online how the hell do you find products not made in China.... electronics/computers for example. Seems like it would be really difficult

Yeah Walmart runs 3% profit margins. People think they make a ton of money but at that rate with inflation and updating/replacing infrastructure it's basically nothing.

>if you think you're job is safe, think again

I hope for your sake that your job doesn't involve how to fucking spell

Why are we letting this monopoly silently destroy our local economies?

Back in the day we would be able to drive down the street and buy everything we could possibly need from a local small business and get things in less than 20 min. Now Amazon has replaced the small business owner's ability to generate wealth, with a $12/hr warehouse slave. Or the owner's can bend over to Amazon's pyramid-like scheme, just to get data raped and replaced by Amazon's in house product. Now we wait 2-7 days for cheaper crap-products. That is, until they launch the drones which will just put us back in the same place as before, waiting 20 min for a product to arrive. People are literally buying clothes and shoes that don't fit, spending weeks sending exchanging them online when they could have just went to a store and find the perfect fit in just 30 min or less. Less reasons to go outside, no consumer culture(malls), no ability to generate wealth. Just more solitude and endless consumption at our own detriment.

Are you mentally challenged? Amazon format will use retail as a showroom and distribution centers. They are coming with fully automated service and delivering options for locals.

Amazon should be nationalized.

Bernie please.

I don't really use much electronics, my TV is about a decade old, my phone is about 25 years old, I use an iPad but that's the only electronic that's new. What other electronic could I need?

What's gonna happen when google buys Amazon?

Well like you said the whole ordering groceries thing is what I believe they're angling at here and don't forget everyone laughed at them before. I could definitely see them incorporating drones in that type of thing in the next 20 years.

>working in retail
so minimum wagers?
They're all going to be worthless soon enough anyways

>Back in the day we would be able to drive down the street and buy everything we could possibly need from a local small business and get things in less than 20 min

you never fucking did that, you fucking nigger

your mom shopped at walmart and kroger like the rest of them

shut the fuck up with this "back in my day general store etc" cockshit

mom and pop shit died with the wild west

suck a dick if you still complain about walmart and being able to get all the shit you need there without having to make multiple trips because you have shit to do like fuck pussy, nigger

Its called Free Market. The old store owner either have to look for new job or target to hipsters and wealthy people willing to buy not so mainstream products like Tibetan water and 100 Non-Gm organic fruits.

I hope yhey send food to my door I hate going to the grocery store
leave it to amazon to innovate

>Yeah Walmart runs 3% profit margins
>Jeff bezos worth 85 billion
You talk like a nigger.

He's probably from one of those five grey midwest states.

Local town one town over from mine actively votes against having corporate chains like this in their community, the only thing they allow are franchises specifically for this reason.

good
fuck walmart

>If you think you're job in retail is safe, think again
While i'm at it more than half the current jobs in the world today will be replace by robots or shut down because no longer useful

I'm only 24 and I remember when I was a kid we walked down to the Main Street, we went to the vegetable shop and got our fruits and veggies, w went to the butcher got our meats and salami, went to the bakery and got our bread. The grocery store was farther and more expensive, they knew us at the bakery and we were kids they always gave us a little treat my sister and I which wouldn't happen at a big box grocery store.

Yeah Bezos really transformed the news business when he bought the Washington Post.

>they are coming after Wal-Mart
Walmart owns Jet.com, which is a competitor to Amazon. If they can use it effectively, they'll be fine, but most people don't seem to know about it.

Amazon Prime Pantry and Jet are still more expensive than any local grocery store, but sometimes they have shit I can't find or I'm lazy.

So what happens to them? Basic income or mass slaughter?

Microsoft is alright they have bing lol

benzos doesn't own walmart

If the brick-and-mortar stores can't compete with Amazon because they're online how can Amazon now move into being brick-and-mortar? The financial position they have? Like when the big store chains decimated family and local businesses with theirs? Just seems weird to move into the business sector you yourself rendered obsolete.

french revolution 2.0

nigger you huffed too much shitgas and think you're living in Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood or some shit

lose your boner, sober up, and file that post under "shit that never happened" you filthy delusional leafnigger fuckface

Food Lion is the best grocery store.

Nothing. Finally people will realise that the +fertility +immigration to boost GDP is obsolete. Automation is the future. If only welfare and social programs wont exist it will encourage women to seek career men and improve the next generation.

The US is seeding a large mass of communists by interest retards.

The only brick and motar amazon will get into are distribution centers

This happens everyday still in Toronto, lots of people go down to the market to get their bread, I would see linenups of a dozen people outside the store waiting to buy bread in the morning, the cheese shops were busy always and so were the fish shops. America isn't like this anymore maybe but some places still are

What if they are using the Whole Foods store chain locals as both showrooms and distribution centers ala Ikea?

What happens next after he's taken over the world?

Your mom will still be a bitch.

Your just going to order the products online and either pick it up or they will deliver probably using automous trucks in the near future

Bump

recode.net/2016/11/9/13573926/donald-trump-amazon-jeff-bezos-antitrust-taxes

Trump on (((Bezos)))-
"He thinks I'll go after him for antitrust," Trump said at the time. "Because he's got a huge antitrust problem because he's controlling so much, Amazon is controlling so much of what they are doing.

"He's using the Washington Post, which is peanuts, he's using that for political purposes to save Amazon in terms of taxes and in terms of antitrust."

Trump’s campaign later reiterated this narrative in a statement claiming that the Post was being used as political leverage so Amazon doesn’t “get sued for monopolistic tendencies that have led to the destruction of department stores and the retail industry.”

They will do that bacon. But It will most likely be what they have now is a large state hub with smaller distributing warehouses/chain stores ala Costco.
youtube.com/watch?v=Z8zNsUTWsOc

Run them through an archive
archive.is/P5ZUc

>no one can afford whole foods anyway except for boomer yuppie faggots

This.

Food from there costs at least 2x what it ought to. The markup is insane which is why adding on some minor delivery cost as a percentage would make it economically feasible to do delivery.

Also what the hell is the OP talking about malls being ruined? Malls still do fantastically well since most people want to try on clothes before they buy them or just see what the hell something looks like in person. I know in my city there's at least four malls that all do fantastically well due to this.

What Amazon seems to be doing is just making more use of the huge number of people that are having trouble getting regular jobs and thus are willing to act as delivery drivers for a whole range of products.

I looked up what the pay looks to be and it seems to be about $18/hr without tips and so probably a bit more when doing Amazon Prime which does tips.

There's enough people desperate for work that stuff like this becomes viable for a business to take advantage of.

I also did that growing up. But I lived in a small town. Also while the butcher and baker and candlestick maker(he's also a florist) are still open, the independent grocery was forced to shut down because it couldn't complete with the prices from the big Co-Op that moved in. There's also a fucking Subway that moved in like 3 years ago somehow. Nobody eats there though, I don't know how they say open. Everyone just eats at one of the 3 chinamen places or the ice cream parlor/burger place.

Fucking big Co-Op

Well to be honest they are lobbying hard to use automated drones. Problem is that if they aim the lowest of the low at first their drones will get robbed by shitty people.

This is why regulation and law enforment is key to make automated deliveries work. People afraid of stealing it and actually having a landing place in their house.

You think being a grocer is a life skill?

Got some bad news for you

If you work in retail or care about stores like Wal-Mart, you're trash
pic related, it's OP

Wal-Mart were jewing America for decades. Buying cheap shit from China and undercutting all the small businesses until they went bust; grabbing plenty of useless niggers for MUH AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, paying everyone such shit wages and having HR tell them to get onto social welfare programs.

Amazon has just outjewed the Wal-jew, namely by not using brick & mortar locations and not filling them with nigger "employees" who don't work and rob the store blind.

I'm in Toronto, in my neighbourhood within a 10 minute walk we have the Dominion and the LCBO, but for the mom and pop shops we have pizza shops, burger shops, ice cream shops, bagel shops, 4 bakeries, a butcher, at least half a dozen tailors, the boys suit shop, about 3 shoe stores, a tea shop, at least 3 or 4 small grocery shops, we have a suit shop, a hat shop, a shoe repair shop, a bunch of women's clothing stores, European restaurants, there is no fast food chains here.

How is delivering you cheap shit jewing you exactly? You like to control the market? Move to North Korea they surely know how to resistribute wealth

They started as just a small gas station then they bought out the lumber yard. Opened a small food store, then built this fucking monstrosity for a town of about 1600, forcing the other grocers to shut down because they couldn't compete on price. Then they bought out the hardware store too.

Fucking big co-op.

I mean. You could fit the ENTIRE FUCKING TOWN in that god damn store. Every single man, woman and child living there. Just between the aisles.

WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU BUILD THIS

I've never heard of them, it sounds awful a small town of a thousand doesn't need a big box like that, it's sad many small towns don't have a town square anymore, just the local big box store everyone drives to

Bumping

Fuck walmart

>They've already destroyed the Malls. Now they are coming after Wal-Mart and Kroger.

good

How is a distribution center fundamentally different from a store? It's funded through sales and flow of inventory, customers go there or get delivery; taxes, utilities...all the arguments for the closing of malls

I don't mind. I love my Amazon. 2 day shipping, video streaming and music streaming for only a 100 bucks a year. Usually cheaper than brick and mortar stores and you don't need to go all over the place to find what you need. And they have amazing customer service.

They'll need self-driving vehicles/drones to make fast home deliveries. Normal shipping providers won't transport perishable food I don't think.

>Amazon coming to Australia
>going to kill even more small businesses
>two biggest cancers Woolworths and Coles will survive

>tfw you will never own your own small business and have the ability to build generational wealth for your family.

Check this out:
marketwatch.com/story/these-are-the-largest-employers-in-the-us-state-by-state-2017-01-26

Walmart is by far the biggest employer in the United States, and they treat their employees like shit.

I can't wait until we get our new ration booklet from the Amazon Ministry of Food and Durable Goods. Maybe I can trade my stockings ration for some extra sugar and rice this month!

Amazon and Google merger happens
Disney joins the fray as the entertainment, technology, and business industries merge into Amazon-Google-Disney corporation
Soon the food industry is overtaken
Then
The world

> They don't shop at the most based retailer

>Nothing. Finally people will realise that the +fertility +immigration to boost GDP is obsolete.
I wish they would, but we both know they won't. The mind set that every metric must grow will take generations to weed out

>tfw you will never own your own small business and have the ability to build generational wealth for your family.
This. Amazon is the Medusa's head of Corporatism which is decimating capitalism.

>muh local small town shops!!

literally who gives a fuck all they offer are higher prices

good riddance

They paid $30 million per store.

For a niche market grocery chain.

They could run them for ten years and not break even.

I have no idea why so many analysts are fellating this.