Why are western governments pushing "medicinal" marijuana

while simultaneously banishing tobacco from all public places?

Firstly the physiological effects of cannabis are absolutely zero it is purely psychoactive substance. Secondly if the goal is simply to make sick people "feel" better then why not give them "medicinal" cocaine or heroin? You could make the "medicinal" argument for any recreational drug and during prohibition doctors actually did prescribe whiskey for ailments.

Here is my theory: The sort of high produced by marijuana makes people complacent, mentally weak, susceptible to brainwashing, passive and emasculated. Western governments want a moronic stoned population of passive consumers to sit in front of giant 65 inch televisions, soaking up the latest propaganda of the day and munching on a variety of processed junk foods. In short they want to pacify the population and prevent potential opposition.

Other urls found in this thread:

congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/1227
youtube.com/watch?v=idxoMDVJ4Fw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>passive consumers to sit in front of giant 65 inch televisions, soaking up the latest Sup Forumspaganda of the day and munching on a variety of processed happenings.

desu I'm high every day and I'm redpilled as fuck

But you are a spectator of this world, not a participant. That's what marijuana does to people.

It's a vote winner and it's makes people stupid (pot heads will deny this, but yes YOU'RE FUCKING STUPID)

Money

This op is 12 at best

I was 12 in 1990 dickhead

I do plenty of other shit as well and everything feels better when high.

Hr 1227 Bill to legalize marijuana introduced to the house
congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/1227

Anyone who does drugs is degenerate, and will hang on the day of the rope.

Nah I've met stoners like you, weak people who cannot get through life without self-medication. No different to a wino on the street with piss stains down his leg or some loser on anti-depressants.

Weed is better for you than tobacco. Simple as that.

Weed makes everything better and I like it so why shouldn't I take it?

not if you get high right before you go on an adventure

It's fun as fuck, marijuana makes anything more stimulating, but most people just watch fucking TV

go ride a bike, nigga

ITT make weed illegal because I don't like how it affects me

Fuck off Australia

i think we should legalize all drugs

Cocaine is used in medicine as a topical numbing agent. Heroin was developed by Bayer as a treatment for cocaine addiction, morphine dependance and as a cough suppressant.

I can pretend on the internet too

10 accidental overdoses from prescribed opiates happen every day in my county

No ones ever overdosed from weed, and it does do shot for the pain.

Fuck, even lsd has been proven to work better for some patients than opiates. (Were talking 5-15mcg, 20x lower than a "tripping" dose)

>yes you're stupid
That's why I get paid 80k developing systems instead of 100k then.... Hmmm

Imma talk to my boss about this next time were sharing a blunt.

So progressive! Degenerates.

It's not about deaths, thousands of people die every year falling off ladders. The issue here is the mass psychology of the nation. The government wants to get everyone on pot to lobotomize the population.

>Secondly if the goal is simply to make sick people "feel" better then why not give them "medicinal" cocaine or heroin
Because cocaine and heroin have far more adverse side effects

>Here's my retarded world view, weed should be illegal

The government doesn't need pot to do that.

Matter of fact the counter argument to psychoactives being illegal is because the government believes the drugs will inspire thought outside the narrative

agreed
also agreed

Does it make you think better? I can't do any high levels math or physics when I'm high.

nice post pfizer

Because this random Aussie child thinks ur weak boi

weed makes me question reality , thus i enjoy listening to philosophers and thinkers. fred nietzche, carl jung , etc
weeed is a gateway drug to awareness and consciousness, imo

go out in the sunlight when your high and do wholesome things and it will clean up depression and emotional problems. When you are high you turn into your own therapist, but if you slob around eat garbage use computer you will derp out

Weed is fucking awful. It feels way too good so you end up not caring about it's negatives. I quit that shit for good.

Alright pot is fine and there is nothing untoward going on. So why is the government and media lying about the medical benefits? They are saying it helps with virtually anything that's wrong with you. This is clearly bullshit on par with any whack job "alternative" medicine theory.

They want kids growing up on this shit to turn them into permanently damaged zombies.

but all i do all day is stoned and browse Sup Forums

most australians like or tolerate weed

>cocaine or heroin?
Are actually really bad for you.
Marijuana is not.

You're eight. Marijuana has been shown to cause psychosis in certain people. It's toxic to smoke and effects your memory negatively. As someone who smoked in my youth, it took many years to fully recover from the negative aspects.

Its up there as one of the most degenrate behaviors

There is no reputable media outlet that has said marijuana is a panacea. Do some research so you don't look as dumb as all of these degenerate stoners.

Your post is so full of retarded statements that I can't be bothered to even begin explaining how wrong you are.

>Not bad for you
Y'know, besides temporarily lowering the defenses of your immune system.
Plus, if you're smoking it, you're literally inhaling hot ashes into your lungs. That is not healthy in any sense of the word.

Not against marijuana use, just pointing out facts, desu

>he sort of high produced by marijuana makes people [...] susceptible to brainwashing
Actually sir, this woman who was part of the MK ultra program which as I hope you already know as literally a brainwashing program run by CIA, claims that cannabis has the exact opposite effect. Cannabis definitely has its own sort of insight as extremely bluepilled normies I have known that have started smoking has become more "woke" in lack of better words after they started smoking.

Just watch the vid
youtube.com/watch?v=idxoMDVJ4Fw

>But you are a spectator of this world, not a participant
The world is shit, who is to blame for that? Assholes like you how participated in its shiftiness, or the humble and peaceful stoner?

That's called laziness, user.

I find low doses of LSD (~40mcg) to be great for reading philosophy on. I do think weed makes you appreciate their discoveries more, but I find it hard to think about them critically myself when high.

Here's my theory. You're over thinking it.

>temporarily lowering the defenses of your immune system.
Never affected me.
What, do you have AIDS or some shit?
I mostly vape and a little smoke isn't going to kill you unless you're genetically weak.
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
It will never kill me.

Because prohibition doesn't work for anything, and marijuana is harmless to an adult. If you have a job and pay your taxes, no one should be able to tell you what substance you should and should not put in your body.

There isn't a conspiracy, marijuana doesn't make you 'complacent and mentally weak', those people were that before they ever tried marijuana. Every government wants more precious taxpayer shekels.

I typically work 4 12 hour shifts in a given week, sometimes more, sometimes less. Sometimes when I am done at the end of a long day, I want to eat a few pot gummies and listen to some music and just chill out. It's no different than people who have a glass or two of wine or a glass of scotch, and marijuana is far less harmful on the human body than alcohol, especially liquors.

My point is that marijuana isn't going anywhere, it's the largest cash crop in America, and the black market for weed alone is hundreds of billions of dollars. Legalize, don't legalize, whatever. It's still going to be there at the end of the day. Maybe if you're actually an educated adult with an informed opinion, you wouldn't care what substances that adults put in their bodies, much less marijuana which has proven medical benefits. You don't even have to get high to get achieve those benefits, there are high CBD strains now that aren't even psychoactive.

Personally, I hate the faggots who go down to the local watering hole and get belligerently drunk and often times drive home drunk, cause trouble and fights, etc. but you know what? My personal preferences for how other adults live their lives doesn't matter. Grow up OP, maybe if you actually read a book on weed you wouldn't demonize it so much, but let's be honest, most people on this board haven't read a book since highschool.

Yeah if you weren't a degenerate stoner maybe you could be bothered.

Oh no Australia is upset about us smoking.

*Blows pot smoke in Australia's face*

Hahah nerd.

in a way i agree with you that its kinda pathetic to rely on a substance for your entertainment/contentedness/happiness or w/e

but,
> get through life

this phrase is where i disagree with you, why is life something to get through? why would you sit there and try and take some sort of moral high ground? because you suffer more? because you take the "hard" path? wtf?

and wtf are you talking about "western governments are pushing for "medicinal" marijuana" anyway? They have been doing all they can do for decades to make sure people DON'T get their hands on that stuff.

Vaporizers exist for a reason

Also, never heard this immune system thing.. and when I was smoking daily I went years without even getting a cold.. though its just my own personal experience it makes me wonder about the methodology of that study (or studies)

Yeah, in Arizona we passed a medical marijuana voter initiative in 1996 and the state legislature blocked it. We would have been the first medical state.

>
Here is my theory: The sort of high produced by marijuana makes people complacent, mentally weak, susceptible to brainwashing, passive and emasculated. Western governments want a moronic stoned population of passive consumers to sit in front of giant 65 inch televisions, soaking up the latest propaganda of the day and munching on a variety of processed junk foods. In short they want to pacify the population and prevent potential opposition.

well, yeah, because normal people do that. they do that and then go to work and talk about it with their mates, they land them a nice stacy, and have kids. they want mentally ill people to act normal.

how is that outcome worse than posting and reposting whatever conspiracy theory takes root in Sup Forums next, or posting in the /ptg/ threads? or even spending a non-trivial amount of time caring about politics at all?

you need more info with your science but I agree that people should have the right to do as they please, wide leaf tobacco bonds with cesium in rainwater and is thus highly toxic to lung tissue, pushing medical cannabis makes better sense as it can be modified to poison you in all sorts of interesting ways, highly profitable

you might be right about the effect on mindstate however there are other things that produce what you suggest with much higher regularity, I'm thinking it's profit from causing and healing illness that is the main drive in the medical cannabis business

Hardly much else to do when today's culture is shit. We're in no position to change the culture. People with the money to start a media empire for us is what we need. Something to drown out the fucking monkey shit that pervades every aspect of western society now.

Won't pacify shit. I'm still calling for my enemies' heads and greasing my guns in anticipation.

It does temporarily, and by temporarily, I mean for like a 24 period. That's why I've always been given the advise in regards to smoking, since I occasionally smoke, not to do it when you feel like you're stuffed up or have a cold cause it will just make it worse.

I also feel like I've read this in case studies, but I'm not sure from where I've seen them.

>Cause psychosis in people

Where's all the crazy people then? I see people lose their shit all the time on prescription anti depressants and anxiety medication, have never seen it on marijuana. And I'm sorry that it took you years to recover from something that is completely benign in most people, but your personal anecdote has zero backing on the scientific data.

>Weed is toxic

Yeah, look at all the people dropping dead from marijuana use, it's crazy.

>It will never kill me
Inb4 you get a Darwin award for dying from smoking weed.

I've smoked weed every week for the past 3 years and my future is looking very bright while I remain red-pilled.

I am on the path of self-improvement now and my life hasn't looked better.

Since the incorporation of psychedelic drugs and weed in my life, I've completely reverted how I used to live and now only seek good conscious decisions to make my life experience the best it can be.

You're probably young. I knew all sorts of "smart stoners" that all inevitably ruined their lives by smoking weed. I say this as someone formerly pro weed. Its just bad for you.

Grow up, faggot.

Different things have different outcomes for different people. I know a guy personally where he escalated from smoking weed to doing shrooms and is currently in a downward spiral of his life.

I would feel sorry if he didn't act like an asshole while on them, but again, different outcomes for different people.

Er my sister just finished med school and they learn that marijuana can in fact cause schizophrenia

Let me just throw this in for fun;

There are tight rules on medication.
Anybody in possession of medicine that isn't theirs.. or medicine outside it's labeled packaging, is in big trouble.

If marijuana becomes classified as a medication that can be prescribed; they might be able to supercede the decriminalization that has happened so far.. If.. it would be an instant felony, like those who are caught with pills..

Recreational use is what people mean when they say legalize. Medicinal is a trap. Medicinal means Doctors and prescriptions, all of which will be ongoing and expensive.

I believe it has genuine value as a medication.

When we speak of legalization, remember we're talking about a business that already exists, and is worth billions.

Whose money are you taking, and giving to the Doctors and pharmacist? How do think that makes them feel?

Are we very sure we know whose money it is?

(I don't) I suspect it's quite a few people..

I've smoked weed every day for the last 8 years and I am better than average on almost every metric except for partying.

That's not what they teach dumbass. They claim that it can trigger latent schizophrenia in people who already have the predisposition from genetics. However, this is a load of shit. It's the other drugs that people do with marijuana that can cause psychotic breaks.

Jeez, ease up there, tiger

Love this blatant logical fallacy you faggots love so much
>The weed ruined his/her life, not the individual and their actions and choices
>Someone shoots up a shopping mall or nightclub
>IT'S NOT THE GUNS, MUH SECOND AMENDMENT, BLAME THE PERSON, NOT THE TOOL THEY CHOSE TO CARRY OUT THE ATTACK

Every. Single. Time. See kids, this is why you read books and stay in school, so you don't become an adult that makes bad illogical arguments based on anecdotes that mean nothing

>then why not give them "medicinal" cocaine or heroin?

Because those drugs absolutely destroy your body and make you incredibly addicted not only psychologically but physically too.

Weed doesn't

No, they learn that there is a correlation. People with developing schizophrenia might simply be drawn to weed culture or something like that.

Whenever I smoke weed I turn into Alex Jones and get all 1776, so no

I say that because that's what I mean. I go through life in the state of mind that nature provided me with. If you alter your consciousness with chemicals you're fucking with a state of mind that took billions of years to evolve to the point of perfection. A clear unadulterated mind is the optional state of consciousness. People who seek to change their perception of reality are people who cannot deal with reality. When you a free from all mind altering substances you are getting the unvarnished truth about the world you are living in.

Ding ding ding, if whatwas actually true, there would be tens of millions of schizophrenic people walking around in the United States, and that is not the case. Schizophrenia affects less than 2 percent of the worlds population. Get fucking rekt you worthless leaf.

Err your sister didn't study very hard, because marijuana can make schizophrenia appear soon er in people that are already pre-disposed to it, but it doesn't cause it.

To placate people more.

What if the drug in question instead brings about clarity and removes the clouds bogging the conscious mind, allowing for a view on one's self that a man would not consider otherwise?

/thread

The waters the psychotic drowns in are the same waters Mystics swim.

Drugs like weed and psychedelics can break you out of ingrained patterns of thinking, which can be good if you are in a position to just think about things. But they can knock you off your balance if you are not in a situation to think and you have to just act.

You're forgetting that marijuana isn't like all other pharmaceutical drugs, there's no monopoly on it despite the business being worth billions. If you can grow a tomato, you can grow a pot plant. It's likely not going to be some super dank OG 4/20 blaze weed your first time growing, but if you read even a little bit of literature on growing weed, you can do it yourself with minimal investment.

Damn people get triggered hard when the thing that gives their life meaning gets attacked. But yea I should have said triggers instead of causes schizophrenia. That's still a pretty big deal though, some guy at my high school ended up being diagnosed with a mild case of schizophrenia when he was only 16. He would smoke every day.

Why would you need to administer a substance to get better clarity or a heightened sense of consciousness if such things were an evolutionary advantage?

I used to smoke weed. Giving it up was very difficult. Anyone who tells you that it isn't addictive is lying. Some things that you'll notice giving up weed:
dreams are very intense
normal activities become enjoyable - home maintenence, cleaning up, making meals, playing football, taking the dog for a walk
emotions become sharper and more appropriate
music can be appreciated with clarity.

Weed is not a form of relaxation. It is abuse; same as getting drunk. It distorts reality.

Could it be that someone schizophrenic is more likely to be drawn to substance abuse, rather than the substances being the catalyst

I think that taking drugs (not just weed) that distort reality to a certain extent is a big nono for someone who is predisposed to having schizophrenia. I imagine shrooms, LSD, DMT and a whole lot of other things could trigger it.

>Firstly the physiological effects of cannabis are absolutely zero it is purely psychoactive substance.
DAILY REMINDER THAT THE US GOVERNMENT HAS HELD A PATENT FOR THE MEDICAL USES OF CANNABIS SINCE 1999

See my above post earlier in the thread, I'm a casual user at best. I just actually know what I'm talking about.

>A kid I went to highschool with got diagnosed with schizophrenia because of daily weed smoking

Ok, so that means responsible adults shouldn't be able to legally enjoy marijuana in the comfort of their home? I wouldn't recommend anyone under the age of 18 to smoke excessive amounts of weed, I do believe that since your brain is still forming it probably wouldn't be good to get really high every single day. Your argument is still weak though, no one here is talking about kids, we're talking about adults.

Here is my theory: The sort of drunkenness produced by alcohol makes people complacent, mentally weak, susceptible to brainwashing, passive and emasculated. Western governments want a moronic drunk populations of passive consumers to sit in front of giant 65 inch televisions, soaking up the latest propaganda of the day and munching on a variety of processed junk foods. In short they want to pacify the population and prevent potential opposition.

Those positives you mentioned will come with the breaking of any major bad habit which disrupts your brain chemistry. You will see these effects from breaking a weed addiction, true, but you will also gain them from quitting tobacco, quitting drinking, quitting porn, beginning an exercise regimen, getting treated for depression, etc. All of these activities will help to rebalance fucked up brain chemistry. I think a major stumbling block in quitting an addiction is that people think they will feel worse after quitting. This is most definitely not true.

I smoke weed fairly often but unlike most people in this thread, I accept it as the vice it is and don't seek to defend it as some miracle cure that the man is keeping from us. It's like porn, it's harmful for you in the long run, but in moderation it's acceptable as long as you don't make a lifestyle out of it.

Exactly.. I like your tomato plant analogy, very true.

I believe there is more than one organization that would be adversely affected. Criminal and legal alike. It's a billion dollar industry as it sits; we're talking about a severe redistribution of money..

Taking wealth and power away from the wealthy and powerful..

It's been done before, but more people need to know what the opposition really is, and where it really comes from.

weed is childish. do harder drugs like N dult

cause people are more docile and marijuana rallies
are annoying

Oh I'm not against it being legalized. I'd like to see all drugs legalized and be allowed to be produced in private markets.
I was just pointing out that it can trigger (shouldn't have used the word cause) schizophrenia.

Weed should be legal, but anyone that actually believes that it opens up their mind or any other cuck bullshit is full of shit and they know it. I know idiots that blow hundreds every month on this stuff and believe they actually aren't addicted lol.

Same. I have been struggling to moderate my pot use ever since I was 14. I'm 22 now and I still haven't been able to kick the habit after hundreds of attempts. I've done Xanax, adderall, alcohol, ecstasy and shit even coffee and none of those have been harder to manage than my Marijuana habit. I can't name how many times I've passed on going on dates and getting laid just so I could get high off some Kush. Any drug feels amazing during your first few months of use, but in the end it's short lived and eventually you become dependent and start to put off all your responsibilities just to go get high alone. Maybe you guys just don't understand because you haven't experienced living in a legal state where high quality weed is literally everywhere you go. There's literally fucking Billboards in my area advertising weed stores, shit has gotten too out of hand and eveyone thinks weed is something with zero health consequences and no potential for abuse. I plan on qutting Monday but I will probably fail again and again just like I have for the past 8 years.

Various stimulants have various brands of politics attached to them.

Try doing some LSD, apparently it can be very effective (mostly alcoholism though). Also, practice resisting impulses in different areas (eating junk food, masturbating, etc). Even though these are easier to resist that your addiction to marijuana, it should still help when you are trying not to relapse when you try to quit.

I gave up smoking weed in 2012. Having a 'pure' life is very difficult. For example, I like a beer with my mates, sometimes eat food that I know isn't healthy, have random sex, and the list can grow. But I can fight you (joke); I'm coming up to my 50th birthday.
Want a ruck, lad? I'm up for it. I'll meet you under the bridge.