MISSING SAILORS FOUND DROWNED BELOW DECK

c7f.navy.mil/Media/News/Display/Article/1217825/uss-fitzgerald-collision-update-1033am-jst-june-18-2017/#.WUXZvwAnLVQ.facebook

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hUtHK0WD4IM
youtube.com/watch?v=ce2uNvmY5eA
youtube.com/watch?v=9vST6hVRj2A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

pretty embarrassing desu

Wtf Navy, boy there are going to be hours of power points coming soon

I bet the jews did this

Press F to pay respects

They deserved our country with honor.

>berthing compartments
Imagine sleeping and then being lodged underneath warped steel and drowning till you die.

F

F

Poor heros :(

Holy shit

Nothing gives me a more satisfying wank than the thought of dead American sailors. Too bad only so few of them died.

The captain should hang.

F

RIP
F

lmao, some uppity vice admiral or captain is going to get court marshaled.

F

F

youtube.com/watch?v=hUtHK0WD4IM

F :(

Poor bastards how terrible

rip

Wow, Japan clearly needs another nuking.
They're getting way too careless and need to be reminded of their position in the world.
All merchant ships should make way for US ships.

I hope heads will roll over this someone is respobsible for those deaths, whoever was in command fucked up big time.

Also may those sailors rest in peace.

US Navy 0 - Cargo ship 1

How can we make this Drumpf's fault?

it was a phillipino cargo ship

they should have been nuked too

>pic related of the accident

S

pretending that you matter is the real tragedy.

youtube.com/watch?v=ce2uNvmY5eA

Samurais kamikaze our naval vessels, Germany taking over Europe, Russia getting friendlier with u.s. and u.k., middle east still an absolute shithole.

History truly does repeat itself.

Here's the thing. The cargo ship was heading to port, and then for some not yet known reason, turned around and Collided with the Fitzgerald.

Why? Why did it turn around? And WHY THE FUCK is almost every bullshit news report & story write up say that the Fitzgerald hit the cargo ship???
That is obviously false. WTF

youtube.com/watch?v=9vST6hVRj2A

You stand relieved, shipmates.
F

>this

The Phillipines is full of islamic nutjobs.
It's time to bomb these monkey fuckers.

This was my first though. Constant training sessions bringing up Incident Report blahblahblah.

>be american sailor
>drown
kek

>disaster that reaches headlines

You can bet the farm

The captain should get shot for gross incompetence.

Didn't save his ship, didn't save his sailors, hell he didn't even raise the alarm when it became obvious the collision was inevitable!

F

I'm pretty sure that the metal just instantly smushed the living shit out of them.
They're most likely saying "drowned" because they were found under water.
Also it probably looks better than saying that they had to scrape what was left of the bodies off the warped plating and are now having to identify the bodies based on teeth.

>hell he didn't even raise the alarm when it became obvious the collision was inevitable!

>be in Navy
>long day of watch down in the plant
>finally get off at about 1am
>eat some late chow, get a shower and hop into your rack
>read a few chapters of a fantasy novel and click off your rack light and close your eyes
>get woken up by a loud crash and general quarters alarm blaring
>you're trapped because the rack above you collapsed onto your legs
>scream out for someone to help, but everyone else is already at their battle stations
>think your last thoughts as you watch the cold sea water pour in dimly illuminated by the red night lights of the berthing

Fuck, I'm glad I'm out.

I hope this doesn't get swept under the rug & forgotten. Something is really really fucking wrong with that cargo ship & the people on it. I hope they fuck their shit up

Crushed and killed instantly
or
Lived through an absolute nightmare trapped underneath metal and drowned.

>inevitable collision
How in the fuck it was supposedly inevitable is beyond me. The destroyer sailed into the path of the cargoship and got rammed starboard side.

That's why 7 sailors were asleep below deck and caught unaware.

there needs to be an investigation into the flip vessel, this reeks of terrorism

So you only hate American sailors?

You mean murder?

Is there an animation of both ships course plots?

It does seem a little weird that this enormous freighter would make a turn like that.

But what I don't get is that even my fathers sailboat has a radar system that will blare a warning if any object gets too close to the boat.

That's pretty standard on any boat doing long distance offshore cruising. You tend to zone out on a sailboat and you're not going to be staring at the radar constantly at 4:00 in the morning, so you have that warning system that will alert you.

How come the Fitz didn't have a system like this? I mean, I guarantee you it did, but why wasn't it on?

the cargo ship turned around. it was night time. That cargo ship did it on purpose. I bet anything

How in the holy fuck do two fuckhuge ships collide in the middle of the ocean? My only guess is that one had a gook driving it and the other a woman.

BTFO 2bh

>dying by the smell of musty socks and floor wax

F

It is not clear if the freighter turned before or after the collision.

There is an AIS aboard the Fitzgerald but that data is classified and will probably not be released until the naval board of inquiry deems it be released.

However with this said something stinks here with the behavior of this merchant ship originally I thought the Fitz probably was at fault but the AIS data from the merchant indicates otherwise and we know the Phillipines has an Islam problem right now.

Maybe George Webb had the name of the Cargo ship wrong

Wondering the same thing myself.

add in a subtle insult to the phillipinos, pls

>the cargo ship turned around
Doesn't matter. It could very well have been avoided simply by turning to starboard as a ship is supposed to in that situation.,
>it was night time
Double the reason to be watchful and aware of other ships' movement.

Dont scare me man

>So you only hate American sailors?

But, strangely, he love semen.

>How in the fuck it was supposedly inevitable
If they tried to manoeuvrer on time and with full speed, it would have avoided the collision. But they didn't so they had nearly 7 minutes to raise the alarm and brace for collision or at the very least assemble the crew on deck.

This is likely why he was 'medevaced'. Same thing happened to McCain when he killed a bunch of people on the Forrestal.

compare this to paths of other cargo ships. iv never seen anything like it.

Obvious b8.

DESIGNATED

I was only half joking. What was it? 1 or 2 days after his fuck up this happened? I don't know the whole story, but when I saw what hit the Fitzgerald, That Mossad bastard popped right into my head.

F

F days after General Mattis tells Congress our military is in a terrible state.

>Phillipines has an Islam problem right now
Man it would be interesting if it turned out that some muds were driving the cargo ship.
Still even if that cargo ship tried to purposely hunt the American ship, if a modern naval vessel with state of the art radar,gps and other sensor tech can't see a ship the size of a high rise building approaching, there's something criminally wrong there.
As in criminal incompetence on the captain's part.

fuck man I'm in C school this shit is terrifying

i'll forgive you for hiding your country bc that file name

A little ironic how this happens just a week after another US Navy disaster, where 50+ hours were spent searching for a missing officer who just happened to be hiding out onboard his own ship.

US Navy officers are resisting orders, we need to find out what/why before it's too late anons.

Fuck you. They we're hit by a cargo shit that changed its course. They dogged the hatches in order to prevent further losses. Fuck you mother fucker

F

Delete this.
You can click the checkbox to the left of "anonymous" and then click the delete button at the bottom of the page, or use the drop down menu to the right of your post number if you're using 4chanX.

>pump the majority of our budget on the military
>manage to collide with a Filipino cargo ship

Large vessel collisions are not uncommon on the high seas. Especially at night and/or bad conditions.

And that cargo hauler had the edge in displacement during the collision. A Burke would get pretty fucked up in such a collision.

>This is likely why he was 'medevaced'.
I guarantee once the crew heard sailors were missing they all wanting to murder the captain for doing nothing.

he was a 3rd class petty officer dip shit

Didn't some missing sailors just get found safe the other day? Different sailors or am I jumping timelines?

Remember Battle Stations? Remember that one room after the "missile attack"? The one that looked like a berthing? Filled with black smoke? Remember the one dummy that was crushed in the racks?

Well shit....I was so focused on the asshole cargo ship, that I didn't even think of that. If that many died because they were sleeping, wtf. Even if they saw it coming too late to turn around, they HAD to of seen it in enough time to sound an alarm. Any fucking alarm to wake up those poor souls.
That's some fucking bullshit right there. They got lazy thinking that it was a regular night of no happenings. fuck.

Waiting for pilot? Drunk captain? Malfunctions? Lack of space in port? Getting rid of contraband?
Lots of reasons aside from intentional ramming.

They would have been locked in. I did 7 years in the Navy (not US), Watertight bulk heads are closed, sealed, and reinforced when a compartment is flooded.

This was most likely a series of incompetence. Helmsman could have maneuvered. Crew could have been warned. Crew should have been at DC stations.

I'm not surprised DESU. The US military has a rep for being notoriously incompetent among allied nations.

us navy is a fucking joke here lately.

surrendering like fags to iran, now killed by ladyboy flips.

get your shit together

>here's the thing

I read this in the voice of Mike Enoch

Why the fuck didn't the Fitzgerald sound general quarters?

I guess we now know the weakness of American warships ... you just have to approach them really slowly.

The CO was asleep in his quarters and is in critical condition from the collision.

The ones at fault are the XO/OOD

F to these sailors, condolences to families.

That ASVAB was rough, huh fatboy?

Ah yes that reminds me.

The CO is still at fault because it's his ship. He's responsible for everything that happens. I would imagine A LOT of people are in deep shit right now.

F

lol the RDC's locked the dummies and the strechers somewhere so we basically just walked through

Good chance they were probably niggers

The US military is huge. And like all large objects it has a lot of inertia. You can't nudge it in the direction you want without considerable efforts.

7 of them are 6ft deep

Doesn't matter what rank, tons of man hours were wasted looking for someone who was hiding out. Something fishy is going on out there at sea.