/PSCG/ Private Space Colony General - No Roads In Space Edition

Are you ready for the ancorp among the stars?

>recode.net/2017/6/17/15824500/elon-musk-getting-to-mars-cheaper-college-new-paper
>Mars colony feasible at $200,000 per person (2017 dollars)
>MASSIVE 13,000 ton thrust rocket required for efficiency of scale
>Colony on Mars would generate/mine methane for return trip
>Orbital refueling
>All privately run by SpaceX

I want my Mars tendies

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/128943674/#128943674
archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/19118764/#19118764
interactive.aljazeera.com/aje/2016/space-astronauts-iss-return-peake-malenchenko-kopra/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Allen_radiation_belt
space.com/24701-how-long-does-it-take-to-get-to-mars.html
nasa.gov/hrp/bodyinspace
space.com/33571-apollo-astronauts-heart-risk-deep-space-travel.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effect_of_spaceflight_on_the_human_body
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK222157/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colonization_of_Venus
twitter.com/AnonBabble

College is free around here.

Also, Mars is a meme, Venus is where the fun is at.

Fuck Musk, he is getting old and still wants the media attention. He is like a bad version of Arnold Schwarzenegger.

He is a bit of a tool for media attention but the 'nutty' hyperloop project seems to actually be coming along.

>VENUS
literally the roman god of degeneracy

Elon Musk is a good entrepreneur but an asshole who promises nothing but vaporware

40% income tax is also free in Germany

wake me up when we build a space ramp or space gun. thrustershit will never be viable.

venus is the better option for terraforming and habitation by a long shot for a lot of reasons, but mars is easier to generate interest in for scientific missions.

>Falcon 9
>vaporware

sucking putin's cock so hard thought the ULA rockets were a good deal?

>CHARGE MORE FOR COLLEGE

In 2017 America it's cheaper to fly to Mars than to put a kid through college. Really makes you think.

at the rate which college tuition is rising, I don't see anything wrong with his statement.

and he could probably achieve it without having to do anything except wait.

Every single piece of news I see about Elon Musk is about what he's said or promised and never about what he's done.

>Mars is a meme
kys

>implying space is even real

Fucking morons, enjoy wasting your tax dollars literally fucking nothing

They've realised it will never be viable due to the retarded amount of energy required to create a vacuum in such a large area.
Elon Musk is an enthusiastic retard that made money off PayPal and is losing it on all his miracles projects.

any retard that believes in a mars colony with the current technology available should be sent to concentration camps where they will be forced to learn about space and the dangers that it presents to the human body.

Elon Musk is a lying kike welfare queen that makes overpriced cars powered by literal vape batteries. Call me when he does something beyond playing videos of toy rockets launching backwards.

>hyperloop
>using a vacuum pump on the front of the train will result in lower air resistance felt by the train containing the pump
>jewishphysics.jpg

Big bold claims make for good headlines. A 5% increase in cargo capacity doesn't. The hundreds of little improvements over time are never enough to catch the public's eye, but they add up.

>muh dangers
>muh technology

how to make a mars colony: cover the valles marineris and create an atmosphere inside. install superconducting magnets in orbit to provide an artificial magnetosphere.
none of that is impossible with current technology.

>literally the roman god of degeneracy
That was Bacchus, profligate.

>talking shit out of his ace.
what a surprise for a fucking leaf to be a fucking retard.
the main danger for humans is the lower gravity and radiation you fucking spastic.

>mars manufactures its own nukes
>nukes the shit out of earth
>ancapistan is finally achieved

>the main danger for humans is the lower gravity
no
>radiation
just kys.

Probably more educational too

None of this is ever going to happen. Musk is just like NASA. "Give me money cause what if!"

Pie in the sky.
If they make a CGI thing sure, that's an easy way to solve the Van Allen belt problem.

>no
kys. if you dont know shit about the topic at hand then why the fuck are you talking out of your arse.

You know, i genuinely like this guy. You can argue that his motives are ultimately selfish, for example he only wants humanity to get to Mars because he wants to get to Mars, or that he's afraid of a global catastrophe and wants to save his own skin by getting to Mars, but honestly these things seem perfectly natural to me and I wouldn't fault him for them.

The larger point is, he's a rich guy that isn't sipping martinis on the beach, he's actually trying to help our technological advancement is some way, and that's pretty admirable.

I'm sure I won't ever get to see Mars, but I hope future generations will and you helped, you rich bastard. Nice job

>Elon Musk thinks he can get to Mars cheaper than College
>Elon Musk thinks he can get to Mars faster than it takes to make a cup of coffee
>Elon Musk thinks Tesla powered Fleshlights are the key to untapped kinetic energy
>Elon Musk: in the future, going to Mars will be like walking to the grocery store
>Elon Musk says Mars is only a few months away, maybe decades
>Elon Musk - Tesla will make nipple clamps obsolete
>Elon Musk has faith in Mars: "I feel Mars in my dreams, I feel it in my loins as well."
>Elon Musk: Mars is a "peice of cake"
>Elon Musk thinks Mars is a fucking joke, will go there next week using fart powered Segway
>Elon Musk - Tesla is a meme, Mars is a good time
> Elon Musk says Mars trips will eventually cost a penny and a peice of string
>Elon Musk: Tesla Wizards have perfected the alpha core
>Elon Musk has grand visions for Mars Bar factory on Mars
>Elon Musk - Mars and Tesla "ain't no thang"
>Elon Musk - hyperloop to Mars possible, given time
>Elon Musk says selling Tesla's to martians "next big step"
>Elon Musk has no concept of reality, but won't let that stop him
>Elon Musk: Space X will someday exist in everyone's home
>Elon Musk - Amazon will ship to Mars using drones
>Elon Musk: Covering mars hyperloop in solar tiles next big step
>Elon Musk - Mars is so close I can fucking taste it bitch

private libertarian hero only survives due to government grants.

hahahahaha (((rocket fuel))) is so bluepilled

LETS GO BOYS, ANTIGRAV NOW

A5 UFO THREAD POL
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/128943674/#128943674

A5 UFO THREAD X
archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/19118764/#19118764

kek

>Terra forming a planet with lower gravity than earth.
Why dont you strip mine it so you can make dyson swarm habitats or artificial planets.

>implying even fucking Mars could be colonised without extreme long term gravitational and radiation solutions, let alone actually manage to transport people in deep space for a few months safely and comfortably.

The colonists who didn't wind up killing each other after being in a box for a few months would be walking sacks of low-G tumours, before they shortly expired. Unless Musk has a plan to replicate Earth G's in a stationary, tertiary colonial development, then the South African fuckwit is just planning the most elaborate mass murder ever.

And somehow it's still a better idea on paper than dating Amber Heard.

Mars G is not that problematic, it's around what, 0.3 that of Earth? On a long timescale, for example if you had human babies born on Mars for many years, they would develop weaker bones and would have problems with EARTH'S gravity, but 0.3 G is completely acceptable for humans to live in.

Isn't that the guy who always post shit without source

>When the transhumanist interplanetary alliance decides to compile an AI to manage the nuisance of correcting colonial orbital mechanics but then an army of autistic slavonoid 400 pound hackers from the Martian reich feed it with petabytes of memes and it crashes the Jewish Jovian polar orbit kibbutz into the gas giant thus killing 6000000000 Jews but then the Happy Junkie Mine,Trade&Transport Megacorp(tm) defends the righteousness of the act because they were advocating Communism and trillions of credits can be gained through shock economy and the Transhumanist alliance doesn't give a shit because the next hip transcendence is transforming into biomechanic photosynthetic hive-minded wi-fi turrets therefore leaving behind petty political problems

The future is so bright that my eyes burn

Bones aren't the problem, extended low G RUINS your tissues, especially muscular and circulatory. Human beings will expire very quickly extensively in that sort of environment. It's not the ISS where you can float around fucking around with experiments. Colonist have to work and expend energy. They're fucked, especially compounded with radiation damage to cells and DNA. There's no technology around or will be for the foreseeable future that can permanently protect from radiation like dozens of miles of atmosphere can.

Colonisation in our solar system is a pipe dream.

Earth is First.

Fuck the MCR

We've been on Mars since the 60s.

No, that is not correct. Extended low G weakens your tissues, and at a certian point returing to Earth G, which is 1.0 G, would be very difficult, but 0.3 G is high enough to remain functioning, you seriously don't think this was one of the very first things scientists considered about Martian colonisation? Gravity is kind of a big deal. "Martians" would eventually end up as very tall, weak-boned, weak muscled people, RELATIVE to Earth people.

What radiation are you talking about, specifically?

it also fucks the astronauts big time, causing permanent damage to their bones. here is a nice website that gathers information from the NASA and ESA while making it easy to understand for the average person.
interactive.aljazeera.com/aje/2016/space-astronauts-iss-return-peake-malenchenko-kopra/

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Allen_radiation_belt

>venus is the better option for terraforming and habitation by a long shot for a lot of reasons, but mars is easier to generate interest in for scientific missions.

Citation needed. Enjoy your atmosphere capable of boiling lead.

He needs to build a space elevator and find the means for FTL travel. I don't want to believe the future where by 22nd century humanty will only have asteroid mining and 100k people on Mars in space.

there is no future for humanity lad.

We just made the first quantum entangled communication over 2000km with the help of a cubesat (shoebox sized) around 150km in orbit.

I think we can manage radiation. And even if it is just tons of 3D printed martian soil as a cover for the colony.

Yes, that is a problem. You have to understand though, the problems of this radiation are things like long-term cancer risk. Immediate issues are reduced to nausea and fatigue, and this is under the assumption that no further precautions are taken.

Scientists are cool dudes, they will tell you EVERY SINGLE LITTLE POSSIBLE MINISCULE problem, and they will make fucking sure you know it, because that is ethically just.
The practical problem is much less severe.
It's a potentially dangerous inconvenience. We'll find a way to get around it.

>he fell for the mars meme

Mar's core is dead, so there will NEVER be a situation where you're living in anything other than the research stations in antartica, and if that's your ambition then good for you, but if you think there'll be some sort of taming of the wilderness like in the early pioneer days of the americas, then you're shit out of luck, because Mars' core is dead
Mars' core is dead
Mars' core is dead
Mars' core is dead

just have to repeat that Mars' core is dead, because some people are light on facts and heavy on imagination.

P.S. Mars' core is dead

>muh cloud colonies
Not feasible in the slightest. How will you even set up these cities ?

why does a planet need a core? Couldn't we build huge networks of nuclear plants powering city-domes connected by meme-loops and so on?

who needs a fucking core?

Know how electroshocks can restart a heart?
We just nuke the core till it fires up again. And then use that example to proove that nukes are good to all the pacifist normies.
Then we nuke mecca because nukes are good for you.
>Perfect plan.

the colonist would be fucked beyond repair before they even got to mars.
space.com/24701-how-long-does-it-take-to-get-to-mars.html
on average the travel time that it takes to get to mars with probes is 162 days.
not only they would be fucked in multiple aspects like bone density. eye sight. weak inmune system when they arrive due to zero gravity, they would be destroyed and probably cancerous/have some form of brain damage after all of the radation they would take from cosmic rays.

Hollow earthers certainly dont.

why couldn't they just build rotating meme-cylinders made of lead where people sleep all day?

you could have simulated gravity to avoid melty-eyes and protection from radiation to prevent melty-DNA

maybe because lead is fucking heavy as fuck.

A molten core gives the planet a magnetic field.
A magnetic field diverts the solar winds away from the planet.
If the winds are not diverted, the planet receives lots of harmful radiation, and this radiation also strips away the atmosphere.

Mars would have once had flowing water and an atmosphere, but since it's core solidified, it's now uninhabitable.

But it would be in zero G...

why dont they build nuclear powered domes in Antarctica?

we cant even reach our own core

oh shit dats rite.

so? Just add like 30 more first-stage rockets to get you the right momentum. It would cost more, but at least it would fucking work.

And besides, surely there is some meme-material that protects from radiation and is light. Just use that. Or pay materials scientists like 100 trillion bucks a year until they make it. And then use that.

>aljazeera

I see.

You're right. Carry on. I just...I can't find one single thread, not one-nevermind.

Carry on.

Or make a spaceship in space so weight isn't an issue and then fly a rocket into it from earth and continue to Mars

Cant we just create an artificial atmosphere?

>we cant even reach our own core
We dont need to. Also Mars is smaller.
If all else fails, we just nuke our way to the core.

like i already explained. they take information from the NASA and the ESA and compile it so the average viewer can understand it. if you want it i can link you to their big reports where they report this stuff.

To add to this, the denser the material, the more it absorbs radiation. So there's no way around radiation that doesn't require huge amounts of mass.

Although I'd have assumed you could use large magnetic fields to keep the astronauts safe

Paying to be a colonist?
Same will apply as has always applied with colonies. You need a fleet of stowaways.

That's where genetic editing and nano-machines make their entry, we are just at the birht of an era in mastering our physiology.

I got it!

Let's first build a teleportation device. Then just fly a teleporter to Mars, and teleport people over.

nasa.gov/hrp/bodyinspace
here is a new article that i just found. i dont think this time you will bitch about the source right?
as you can see right now their biggest problem are radiation and gravity fields.

srsly tho. we can let this guy be the only person signing his own ticket to mars.

like, even if the president or the worlds richest men wanted to go to mars (which they woulden't) they will have to go thru musk pretty soon.

It would have to be physically contained, most likely within a dome
Humans require 100kPa of pressure from the atmospheres to keep them from death. You can't survive in a vacuum.

With this large pressure, the gas will want to disperse and spread out evenly around the planet. So you either have to generate a planet worth of atmosphere, or keep small pockets of atmosphere contained.

You still have a problem with the lack of a magnetic field

SpaceX isn't losing money and has quickly cornered the market. If they can avoid explosions they can do 10s of launches a year at a better price than any in the competition.

Amazing how little people in this thread know.
They're already thinking of filling the spaceship walls with water and/or waste to shield against radiation. Look it up. Organic material is a good radiation shield.

Itll cost about 500 to 800 billion to build a colony on mars, sooo..... less than the kike wars in iraq and afghanistan.

I mean people are perfectly fine with million dollar airstrikes on 10 guys with $300 rifles every day for 15 years but suggest we use it to go to mar?

>THATS STUPID
>THATS SO EXPENSIVE
>THERES NO POINT!
>BULLSHIT! HOOOAAAAXXX!!!

I'll give elon a chance to prove its possible or not before I talk shit on it.

Why the need for a magnetic field? Couldn't you just build radiation protection into the dome? A giant lead dome maybe?

The initial cost is much less. Artificial habitats are coming, but for now firm ground is still needed.

space.com/33571-apollo-astronauts-heart-risk-deep-space-travel.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effect_of_spaceflight_on_the_human_body
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK222157/
every single source will tell you the same. just because you dont like some website and do not trust their credibility doesnt change the fact that they can have a good article with good sources. (NASA and ESA)

Venus is too hot

I do want personal drop-pods to accurately throw you anywhere in the world.
Get on that Elon.
Another impossible task to keep perpetually running.

Fucking retard musk, bet he thinks it's possible to go to the moon too. Loser kike bastard keeping up the "space" lie for all the idiot teenagers

Sailors did the small object vast nothingness thing just fine 500 years ago.

>Musk
>Jewish

gonna need some proof there, stormnigger

>going to Mars cheaper than college
More like American college will become more expensive than flying to Mars

post yfw governments mandate diversity quotas on mars

well of course they would now. Unless something changes by then, they will then.

I doubt anythign will change though :^)

he will still be making these headlines even when his hair is gray and his age is in the triple digits

there is this theory that states that you could build a floating colony at a certain level in the atmosphere of venus. since its not that hot in that level while having a near identical gravity field to ours.

I never said it wasn't possible, just adding some information about the relation between mass, density and radiation absorption.

>organic matter is good at absorbing radiation
Not really. It's no better than any other material with the same density. But using essential parts of the spaceship is more viable than having large lead shielding

well let's fucking do it then. I've always wanted to live in a floating meme-city surrounded by hot swirling gases.

Keeping up the lies from the Kabbalah that the universe is 14 billion years old, that a Big Bang sprung everything into existence, that the earth is a rotating spinning sphere, that there is a vacuum called "space" that we can somehow penetrate and that aliens can travel through. If you're so fucking retarded that you cannot recognize the deceptions of the Talmud and kabbalah in everything musk spouts, nobody can help you

How would it float?
To enjoy the benefits of gravity, you cannot be on orbit

At the international space station, gravity is almost as strong as it is on Earth. But because the ISS is in orbit, it's centripetal accelerations counters gravity making them weightless

I think industrializing the moon is a critical step too. It costs less to blastoff from the moon and deliver a payload to earth than it does to just move one into a rudimentary earth orbit from earths surface.

The craters on the moon are deeper than mount everest and bigger than some nations. Put a colony in the bottom of one for radiation shelter. Plus lets keep in mind those craters were put there by the same asteroids packed full of useful shit weve been talking about mining. So pick one with a high content of useful and valuable minerals.

Once we gets lots of people there we could be using the moon as a sort of port build shit and send it farther out, since you can build way bigger shit on the surface and still realistically launch it. Or better yet, kine the matierials on the moon and build shit in orbit arpund the moon. Stuff like say, habitats for 1,000 people at a time.

Market would be assorted countries, corporate, and acedemic institutional groups who want permanant habitats to support personel for scientific and explorational missions into the outer solar system, or corporate asteroid prospecting.

As techniques are refined, lines of profit secured, and manufacturing methods improved we could be talking about building way bigger shit like orbital cities.

Everyone is obsessed with other stars and other planets but the reality is we havent even tapped a fraction of 1% of the shit we could do in orbit between here and the moon.

Theoretically speaking its within the realm of physical possibility to mass produce orbital habitats that can house and feed 100 times the population we currently have just using the shit we could get from the moon.

So by that point in the thought experiment weve already moved billions and billions of people onto the moon and into assorted orbital habitats and we havent even touched mars.

Then shit like "lets send a few hundred thousand to alpha centauri" starts to become a real possibility.

well I am fucking retarded, but I hadn't before been made aware of all these lies.

How old is the Universe? What is the nature of Earth? Does space not exist?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colonization_of_Venus
Landis has proposed aerostat habitats followed by floating cities, based on the concept that breathable air (21:79 oxygen/nitrogen mixture) is a lifting gas in the dense carbon dioxide atmosphere, with over 60% of the lifting power that helium has on Earth.[6] In effect, a balloon full of human-breathable air would sustain itself and extra weight (such as a colony) in midair. At an altitude of 50 kilometres (31 mi) above Venerian surface, the environment is the most Earth-like in the Solar System – a pressure of approximately 1000 hPa and temperatures in the 0 to 50 °C (273 to 323 K; 32 to 122 °F) range. Protection against cosmic radiation would be provided by the atmosphere above, with shielding mass equivalent to Earth's.[7]

At the top of the clouds the wind speed on Venus reaches up to 95 m/s (340 km/h; 210 mph), circling the planet approximately every four Earth days in a phenomenon known as "super-rotation".[8] Colonies floating in this region could therefore have a much shorter day length by remaining untethered to the ground and moving with the atmosphere, compared to the usual 243 Earth days it takes for the planet to rotate. Allowing a colony to move freely would also reduce structural stress from the wind.

>being this small-minded

i thought you americans were dreamers?

we are talking about a retard that is trying to fund scientist to find a way out of this simulation.

I admire his passion for what he does, you can see Musk's really ambitious and sets up goals that could really help humanity and such.

However, none of his ideas have any real future, they aren't sustainable, for all it's worth - the name "private" should be ditched when talking about his ventures , like Tesla, solar panels etc. that wouldn't survive a month without government subsidies and the climate warming hoax accelerating various ""treaties"" and ""conventions""

Maybe only SpaceX, the only thing to give credit, NASA took a leap, and in the end, combining both the ambitious idea of Musk and the tech, know-how of NASA, they might have risen to the top in space missions, I'd see it as a NASA sub-project, because sure as hell Europe's Ariane 5 cannot compete; and USA's Delta and Atlas have much bigger operational costs than Falcon, and most of all, one of them contains Russian tech, if I am not mistaken. The only contender abroad is Russia as I see it

Americans are all fat walmart scooter sharts who only care about eating the next hamburger and getting laid and taking the hottest new research chemical liike hey bro I got some MXE let's go take some and watch Cstle in the Sky dawg shit's gonna be so tight yeaaah and then hamburgers swag