>"Most advanced Navy ship in the world"
>Defeated by a merchant ship that rammed into it
>Navy ship is crippled and several crew dead
>Merchant ship is completely unharmed

Americans defend this.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melbourne–Evans_collision
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There is no excuse for this. It's also the second major USN warship taken out this year via collision. Incompetence, plain and simple, in both cases.

as it happens when a ship T-bones you the ship on the receiving end gets more damaged

>yfw the US navy can be defeated by literally ancient tactics

excellent use of that $762b defence budget

does no one think to look out the window?

Not only did all the high tech gadgets fail to detect a collision no one even saw the massive ship coming at them.

this was like hitting a Prius with a '87 Cadillac

destroyers aren't built for Filipino boat derby

That's why you don't fuck with (((Trade))) Federation unless you have some tough ass Jedis on your side!

no shit, i'm surprised the destroyer wasn't split in two, container ships are fucking massive. you dont fuck with barges

yea, you just pretend that the UK is still relevant militarily.
the best known UK warships are literally museum pieces

>Most powerful and we'll trained navy in the world
>Sailors still drown

How in the worldwide world of sports did 7 people die from that?

A bit like sodomy then (anal incontinence, anal cancer etc.).

When in doubt, ram the motherfucker.

Yes; because our country is so shit ignorant, dummies think we've still got an army/navy.

We've got nothing besides a financial sector, equality and diversity.

Juuuust making room for new orders.

>the dutch talking about what once was

don't forget you were once the most powerful nation on the planet, we're all in this together

how does that boat even work

And they were laughing at Russian ships

Fuckin KEK.
That's a horrible comparison. I hate the Prius, but it's a car with modern, energy guiding crumple zones and very strong bracing and corner points. Stronger still, to carry the batteries.

Hit that with a car made by the country who LITERALY worked out it was less expensive to let people burn to death in the Ford Pinto and you die. It crumples like tinfoil from the headlights to the filler cap and you die with a Caddy's spark plugs replacing your fucking teeth, burger.

To save the ship from sinking, they closed the doors of the affected compartments
Not knowing 7 were inside, they drowned

fuck mang that sucks. imagine being one of those 7 knowing you are going to drown

I think the cargo was slowing his speed and trying to warn the useless destroyer about the hit but not enough time to full stop.

So the royal navy is built to accomodate ants?

>sealing off the damaged compartments
>-umm boss, we're seven guys short!
>-dang, where could they be? what's for dinner tonight?
>-burger, sir!
>-burger, I love burger! about those seven, umm, keep searching!
>-Wh.. Aye aye, sir!

Kek, well the British are shorter than the Dutch desu.

>no matter how much money they sink into their military burgers are still incompetent

>"Most advanced ship in the world"
>No safety feature to prevent this

you're all stupid. collisions are not a consideration in modern navies. modern warships are not built to be collided with. Modern vessels are easily destroyed by enemy missiles/torpedoes from miles away. They wouldn't make warships that are super sturdy, since it doesn't matter when a cruise missile hits the hull.

modern warships are a floating series of missiles and missile countermeasures. two rival navies' ships will never collide like this, so it's not a design consideration.

it's not surprising that a billion dollar ship was damaged when a regular transport vessel bumped into it. fuck off military illiterates

African ships are the biggest. Of course, these measurement results are self-reported.

>Navy
>BTO again

OP I would not be too concerned about it. We got plenty of men and women and women who used to be men to replace we was lost.

what happened to the radars that are designed to target those missiles at the enemy warships?

A FUCKING LEAF

So a whole load of massive tankers could sink a whole fleet.

See, yes, this is correct.

But the reason
>two rival navies' ships will never collide like this
is because somebody would have to be literally retarded for a collision to happen.

What I want to know is, who was literally retarded and how did they get to a position of authority in the navy?

fucking magic

also all the containers have like, interlocking modular features to keep them on the ship, although, if the ship goes sideways, entire rows will go at a time

>merchant ship

Goddamnit how long will they keep getting away with this?

I think people are just wondering how the collision happened. Not why the destroyer came off worse.

Poor leaf.

I just wonder if this is in any way related to the Maersk Memphis. The ship was from the Phillipenes, but its an international cargo ship, does anyone have more info on the owner or operator of the vessle?

Serious question, I read they did not have their radar on? Why? Seems a totally needless risk to take in peace time and an area with lots of commercial traffic. Shouldn't that alone be reason for a court martial?

I think you can't really gain any legitimacy on the sea until you've rammed a few American destroyers.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melbourne–Evans_collision

> implying in combat any vessel could get close enough

Vast majority of the crew were asleep. It was 2am.

>>Merchant ship is completely unharmed

Actually, the container ship was banged up too.

Read the full article buddy (it's over in the UK).

The Royal Navy has never been weaker. Get over it. Britain is finished, left with a financial sector and nostalgia.

It's a good thing to remember when some Americuck who never held a gun make another 'FRIENDLY REMINDER OF AMERICAN MILITARY SUPERIORITY' shitposting thread.

>massive airforce carriers
>can simply get zerged by boats loaded with explosives and having motor

Ban attack merchants

>amrifats are literally inbred nigger retards
no wonder they're the biggest jew mutilated cocksuckers imaginable
amerfats are the mongrel slave race envisoned by zionists
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It probably was. If the officer of the watch says say the course, you keep fucking going.

That OOW is in for a world of shit.

needs a new paint

She left the blinker on to.

I am starting to think this was no accident, we just aren't being told the truth. Something else happened but what, user? What actually happened?

jew magic from the moon

It was an explosion.

Failed false flag to justify attack to NK

>hit small pussy container ship
>barely survive
>it gets away soome scretches
>i-its was so fucking massive
Not so fast Burger

Women aboard a ship!? Heresy!

Wtf drumpf impeachement when??

>INDUSTRIAL
>COMPLEX

inb4 'hurr durr this just one anecdote, burgerland still uber alles'

Don't mess with the most powerful race in the world

>US military radar doesn't pick up a giant ass freighter until it's actually running them over

BUT REMEMBER KIDS, US CARRIER GROUP IMPENETRABLE NO MISSILE OR TORPEDO GETS THROUGH

TOTALLY NOT USELESS IN TOTAL WAR AGAINST DEVELOPED NATIONS

But trust me, they'll totally beat China and North Korea in direct conflict. Their losses in the past Korean War, Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, and Syria don't count.

>be American destroyer skipper
>get invited to dinner with the Oz carrier skipper who explains the story about how they rammed another Oz destroyer a couple years ago and sliced it in two and everybody died
>be explained the dangers of steering in front of the big fucking carrier and be asked politely not to steer in front of the carrier
>proceed to steer in front of the carrier anyway
>carrier makes evasive actions, near miss wew lad
>as soon as you are out of harms way KICK THE RUDDER HARD OVER AND STEER RIGHT BACK IN FRONT OF THE CARRIER
>get your destroyer sliced in half and everyone dies
why

>philippine merchant ship on japanese waters
>mostly contained rice

Almost had a heart attack, I thought my animu merch were in trouble. Fuck USA.

We still are.

cringe faggot

Too many women and non-whites in your military

Why the fuck would they be delivering your shit via sea?

What makes you think they had their radar on? 2:30am and CO was sleeping. They don't always have that shit up and running.

in the future, the most sophisicated boats will be countered with a massive floating piece of flat steel with a massive pointy end on its front and it will ram boats

>cringe
Back to plebbit

So much for the military being "always prepared"

Go back cunt

Cheap shipping price, and I can wait.

SAL shipments.

Radar on has its drawbacks so therefor is not always on. Crew cannot work near radar site if its on...could have been down for maintenance.

I know SAL but jesus fuck man just pay the extra $20 so you don't have to wait six months

There are different levels of readiness. The current level is pretty much zero at the moment.

And I am sure they were not anticipating getting rammed by a fucking freight ship.

You guys should drop another nuke on Japan just to prove a point

20$ is a lot here, I could buy another item for that price.

>nuking japan because of a pinoy ship

>Burgership rekt by small vehicle collision
Fucking nips, at it again!

Would you really be moving around if you're doing radar maintenance? I don't drive my car at night if my headlights aren't working.

SAL really isn't that much slower. I got sick of paying for EMS when shit ends up sitting for a week in customs anyway. Honestly the entire hobby of figure collecting is a waiting game. I have figures I ordered over a year ago that still haven't released yet. Whats another couple weeks?

Fun fact you can bribe the shipping yards to put your container on the bottom of the stack to not lose it to the ocean.

It's not just MX on the radar, anything near the radar that requires work requires the radar which produces massive amounts of radiation to be down to safely let the crew work in peacetime environments.

I am just speculating nigga get off my shit. Obviously people fucked up on both ships.

It hit nose first no less.

If the ship sinks though does it really matter where your container is?

OP learn Newtonian Physics please.

Well they invaded Iraq because a bunch of guys funded by Saudi Arabia and trained by Israel flew planes into some towers.

newton was a dumbass that got hit in the head with an apple

They should be ready for fucking anything, at anytime. What a shit show.

wrong war

You cant make tihs up

>Get rammed by a ship with up to 2000 megajoules of kinetic energy
>In a destroyer, a class of ship that has never been armoured in any real sense
>Survive
I think that's pretty impressive

That's not true. They invaded Iraq using bs intel from Italian intelligence services that said Iraq was manufacturing WMDs in order to secure oil supplies.