This is just a joke

This is just a joke...
$1.5 Billion ??????

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/world-europe-39734998
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_battleship_Gneisenau
express.co.uk/news/world/817817/Russia-yacht-hijacked-North-Korea-tensions-threaten-explode
staradvertiser.com/2017/06/12/breaking-news/uss-carl-vinson-scheduled-to-pull-into-pearl-harbor/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portuguese_Navy
youtube.com/watch?v=5oHLu6HkDHY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>(((merchant)))

Now your being dishonest, fix your pic and then I'll save it.

Container ship of peace!

The closest OP has ever gotten to sailing was swimming in a pool.

Clearly a false flag to go to war against Duterte

$1,500,000,000 isn't even a number a person can wrap their head around.

Sad!

>US MILITARY MIGHT
>MUH NAVAL SUPERIORITY
HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!

would you rather have 2 B-2 Spirit's at $737 million
or a bad ass boat?

hmm both are long, hard and full of seamen.

The Fitz seems pretty flaccid to me.

Wait, you're proud of a giant barge crushing the side of one your destroyers because it will only take months to repair, rather than being sunk, and the barge had its front a bit scratched?

A crew that's read how to avoid huge ships.

M/V Crystal has a huge opening above the waterline. Bulbous Bow is probably messed up too.

i guess it's true

filipinos are the most powerful race

Nothing to be done, since you can't shoot a civilian shipping vessel. She made out pretty well for taking a hit from a cargo ship larger and displacing way more than her, with a low death count to boot.

The last time something like this happened, an Asutralian carrier sheared a destroyed in half and killed nearly a hundred people, if I remember right.

it happened before to the russians
a fucking spy ship btw they couldn't even see a giant freighter filled with attack rams heading towards them kgb a shit
bbc.com/news/world-europe-39734998

ACX Crystal, fully loaded 40K tons
MEME
Small merchant ship

Why didn't they steer away from it? Like steer to the left?

>senior officer has birthday
>crew parties so hard there's no one sober left on watch duty
>ship gets rammed, sailors get killed
Rewarded as traitors deserve!

Reminder: Obama paid $1.7 billion cash (in random currencies) to Iran for the return of 9 sailors who got "lost"

>a modern warship
>sailing

found the actual naval illiterate. if OP's expertise is swimming in a pool, yours is stepping on a bit of spilled water in the kitchen while wearing fresh, cozy socks.

Happening Sup Forumsack on steering wheel confirmed

Will the US Navy actually release the accident report or will we just have to guess forever? I want to know what the fuck happened, why the container ship did that weird turn, why the Navy ship didn't move or get out of the way, etc.

Does the Navy have to make the report public or can it be classified? If the container ship hit the destroyer on purpose, what will happen? Has the crew of the container ship been questioned at all, or is it not their fault so they're free to go?

Also to Germany, sort of.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_battleship_Gneisenau

All it took was one torpedo.

I would not be surprised if it was the usual American military arrogance where they demand and expected everyone gave way to them, even if others had right of way. I'm sure everyone knows that joke about the American ship and the lighthouse, same thing.

>quality moorish thread

Maybe it was ISIS in the Phillipines, seriously.

>Will the US Navy actually release the accident report
No, national security.
>Does the Navy have to make the report public
Only after 30 years have passed.

There was no one awake on the US ship because they were drunk and drugged out of their mind, that's why it didn't try to evade or even sound the collision alarm.

It's not the cargo ship's responsibility either way. They're sailing in their own water, and they're not the party with the billion dollars of detection and optics equipment on board. Most likely, the sailors were simply not paying attention and got rekked. There's not always someone hanging out at the bridge.

You might need a source on that

This is part of a larger issue - The US is being pushed out. Our Aircraft carriers are on the way back to Sand Diego from Asia. We are pulling out and backing down.
express.co.uk/news/world/817817/Russia-yacht-hijacked-North-Korea-tensions-threaten-explode
staradvertiser.com/2017/06/12/breaking-news/uss-carl-vinson-scheduled-to-pull-into-pearl-harbor/

>It's not the cargo ship's responsibility either way.

Technically it would be the captain's.

>american navy

So did they find those sailors that were missing?

Yes, they found them crushed to death under all of the wreckage

Go die in a fire.

>triggered american seaman

Drowned in their flooded sleeping compartments.

>fight only on ground and never touch sea

Americucks BTFO

>when a country that could barely crew one of your aircraft carriers tries to talk shit

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portuguese_Navy

Personnel:

Military: 8900 [1]
Paramilitary: 1000
Civilian: 2700

Equipment:
Frigates: 5
Submarines: 2
Patrol vessels: 21
Landing craft: 1
Support ships: 1
Research vessels: 4
Sail ships: 3
Auxiliary vessels: 50
Helicopters: 5

The captain was in his quarters at the time. The captain is a human just like anybody else and needs hours of sleep like any other human. He wasn't in command at the bridge at the time. Whoever was in command at that moment is responsible.

Trump's cheesefingers slipped

What if the radars were jammed by the Russians? Is that an act of war or not?

The cargo ship should have been illuminated with navigation lights as well as basic deck lights. Somebody should have spotted it with their naked eyes long before it was a threat.

The merchant vessel was around 150-200m longer than the destroyer, and 3 times its weight. Please amend your picture to show the facts, not fake news.

HOW THE FUCK DOES THIS HAPPENE TO A STATE-OF-THE-ART BATLESHIP?!? OH, I KNOW, THOSE FUCKING SAILOR HOMOS WERE TOO BUSY SUCKING EACH OTHERS FUCKING COCKS TO NOTICE THAT A MASSIVE FUCKING SHIP WAS HEADING TOWARDS THEM!!! NEXT TIME I THINK ALL "MERCHANT" SHIPS SHOULD BE PAINTED TO LOOK LIKE NIGGERS COCKS, THAT WAY THOSE NAVY FAGGOTS WOULD BE SURE TO SPOT THEM AT LEAST TEN MILES AWAY!!! PROBLEM WITH THAT PLAN IS THAT IT WOULDN'T PREVENT A COLLISION SINCE THEY HEAD TOWARDS IT FULL SPEED!!!FACT!!!

(((Merchant))) ship

There have been many national embarrassments that the US has had to endure over the years, but this one surely has to top them all. The entire world is laughing and they don't even feel good about it, they feel almost as embarrassed watching something like this happen.

I'm planning to buy two copies, nope make that three copies. One for myself and one for the CO and one for the OOD. I'm sure they'll appreciate the joke.

B-2s are much more badass than any boat.

Incident reports ARE typically made public because they get turned into training material down the road. But the investigation will probably take a few months. Just keep an eye on Navy Times; they'll publish a story when the report does get released.

keks

youtube.com/watch?v=5oHLu6HkDHY

Modern warships are designed for a lot of things.

... ramming other ships is not, generally speaking, one of them. That shit basically went out of style with the Roman Empire.

Remember when you had a navy?