Question for all the Confederatefags here

Question for all the Confederatefags here
How can you be a nationalist AND support the confederacy, that's like saying "yeah man i really like gorillaz but i really wish they'd break up"

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3511431/Inside-eight-foot-bedroom-pod-built-San-Francisco-apartment-s-equipped-sliding-door-LED-lights.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's pretty simple, OP. Yankees and carpetbaggers aren't part of our nation.

Also, fuck Gorillaz.

They believe in what America can be but not what it is currently

Maybe they're nationalist for the Confederacy, and want to breakaway again? Maybe they just think they should be able to fly their flag with pride since it is an important part of their history? Maybe they think America should emulate the Confederacy more, with an emphasis on states rights instead of an all encompassing federal bureaucracy?

Oh yeah my mistake, because as we all know the Declaration of Independence was signed in Richmond

The Confederacy adopted the ideals and principals of the US Constitution into their own

just because they didn't want to be governed by the Union doesn't mean they were "un-American"
the American identity is more complicated than that

>Your nation
Doesn't exist though

Let's keep pretending the Confederacy wasn't created to protect the rights to own other human beings and the whole cornerstone speech didn't happen

This is like asking "how can an Estonian can be a nationalist AND support separation from the Soviet Union?"

But to answer the original question, we want the South to break off from the bloodsucking, warmongering parasites over in Washington because that is what would benefit us.

Of course, there's nothing more American than invading countries that don't want to be part of us.

So they love America so much that they hate America

I'm a northerner, but I love the Confederate flag because it symbolizes the rebel spirit of America.

The south attacked first

>a large aggregate of people united by common descent, history, culture, or language, inhabiting a particular country or territory
>common culture
>common territory
these arent the same thing at all, but they can both be considered nationalist, cant they?

Who said they love America as a whole? I don't; I only like the South.

>Let's keep pretending the Confederacy wasn't created to protect the rights to own other human beings and the whole cornerstone speech didn't happen
I'm not saying the Confederacy didn't breakaway to keep slavery, they did, but that's not what the average soldier fought for, hell, that's not even what the generals fought for. They fought for their states, because they were loyal to them, and that state pride has continue to this day.

And let's not forget that there was no words in the Constitution about the process for states leaving, and so the power to secede was left to the states.

Then this post isnt meant for you, i mean the guys who say they love America but are also confederates

Its a unamerican to want states to be able to self govern?

If you actually own and fly a Confederate flag you don't function at at a high enough mental capacity to comprehend the stigma attached to the flag. The only people proud of the South are people who have never ventured beyond the backwoods southern town they're from

but the former confederate states are also american

It's unamerican to not be American

>society's opinion of something about my home is more important than my understanding of my own history

that's disgusting m8

Because it is sad to see America stray from the original intentions of the founding fathers. While the Confederates wanted a different vision, (Blacks as a servant class, NOT EQUAL TO WHITES) it is still closer to the original vision (A European country made up of all the inhabitants of Europe (albeit not so many southern Europeans) BLACKS GO BACK TO AFRICA). And the idea of the Northerners(BLACKS EQUAL) was just completely erroneous, and something that the founding fathers would have fought against tooth and nail, as is evident in their primary sources.

Imagine your country was getting taken over by Muslims if you're European, and half of the country said they wanted to form a new country where the Muslims were not welcome, would you fight for the original country to unify the nation, but have Muslims, or join the side of the seceding new country? Civil wars are confusing clusterfucks, which is why people still debate this shit to this day.

Exactly this. The Confederate constitution was almost entirely similar to the US constitution with the Confederate government and institutions very nearly identical to those in Washington.

To be clear, southern secession was about the future of slavery and not those present circumstances in 1860. The south had produced most national leaders of consequence and largely ran the US federal government until Lincoln got himself elected. With the future of the south in doubt along with the means of economic vitality in apparent danger (not in 1860 but in the future) the south thought, "If not now, then when?" This is in contrast to how the north viewed events, not as a great moral crusade, but as a fight to quell a rebellion. It was always political separation that was intolerable, not slavery (at least in the short and medium term.)

Hm, they do exist, so I cannot answer your question.

It could be that they identify with Southern culture and values, and there is no more recognizable symbol of that than the Confederate flag (any other flag is sanitized and artificial IMHO.) For instance, the Duke Boys and Lynyrd Skynyrd fly the Confederate flag, but not to advocate secession.

The Confederate States of America were not American?

>My own warped perception of reality is more important than the collective societal perception of it

Nah

>killed Americans
>actively tried to leave America
>fought a war that killed more Americans then any other war in history just to escape america

Yeah they're pretty unamerican if you ask me

I lived half of my life in the North, and I am proud of the South. In large part because I never want to be around Yankees again.

but, yes

(You)

How come the Confederate flag triggers Americans but the American flag doesn't trigger the English?

Besides, Abraham Lincoln himself suggested that if a people are unhappy with the government, they should make their own system or replace the current one.

But no confeds are bad because they lost the war.

Same with Nazi Germany.

Meh.

America is more an idea than a federal controlling government.

So Isis is justified then, right?

Yee haw

>cunts getting bombed generation after generation and having CIA puppet governments
yeah sure. but that doesnt mean we can't kill them

Ask Detroit.

Rebelling against your government when they pass laws intolerable to you sure is un American, yes sir

Typical Yankee response. Smug and elitist as you get jewed out of every dollar so your states government can give it to niggers and wetback, while legalize absolute degeneracy and getting a cold hellhole. The North should be euthanized.

Sorry that we built America

Confederacy to USA is like Taiwan to China.
One is the real country, the other is a diseased bastard child.

The South is a separate nation.

Weird that the states with the highest rates of poverty are the southern ones, isn't it?

Not anymore

It is funny, though, that we celebrate the 4th of July (i.e. an act of unilateral secession from the rest of the country), but pretend that the Union is something inviolable and that we should be bound to it perpetually.

Why should the US Constitution be obeyed any more than the unwritten British constitution? Assuming, of course, that secession is even illegal.

>a large aggregate of people united by common descent, history, culture, or language, inhabiting a particular country or territory
>michigan and new mexico are peoples of a common culture

My state originally voted against secession. It wasn't until Lincoln put troops in the cotton states to kill other Americans that we voted to secede. The republic fell into the hands of a madman and a tyrant. We were left with no choice but to resist.

>Let's keep pretending the Confederacy wasn't created to protect the rights to own other human beings and the whole cornerstone speech didn't happen
The civil war was a result of the South feeling that their culture and way of life was being threatened by a government that they were increasingly losing power in. It wasn't just slavery, and it wasn't just states rights, it was the south seeing themselves as a separate nation and wanting to control their own destiny.

Slavery was legal in the Union dipshit

>Weird that the states with the highest rates of poverty are the black ones, isn't it?
If you'd ever met any black people aside from the tokens in your university class rooms you might get it.

The same way that race mixers idolize Abraham Lincoln without having a shred of a clue of his opinion on Negros (as they were often called back then.)

Hint: He didn't want them to have rights.

We seem to be using different definitions of nation. When I say nation, I don't mean country, I mean a group of people who share a tradition and heritage that consider themselves to be separate. By my definition of nation, they are a different nation. A man from Alabama is not the the same as a man from New Hampshire, so you could say that they are from separate nations.

The USA won its independence. The confederacy didn't.

I've worked on 3 continents. Still proud of the South and it's the only place I want to live long term. Try again.

Poverty is a junk stat that factors in children but not cost of living

>How small is too small? Inside the 28 sq ft, $500-month 'pod' an illustrator built into his friend's San Francisco apartment
>Peter Berkowitz, 25, constructed a tiny bedroom pod in the living room of his friend's San Francisco apartment
>One bedroom apartments in the city rent for $3,500 per month compared to his $508 per month to live in a pod
>The pod is equipped with a fold-down desk, cushioned backboard that's slanted and LED lights for reading
>He believes pods can provide a 'needed fix' for people who want to add a bedroom to apartments without rent rising
>His eight-foot-long pod is also equipped with a sliding door and has room to store his books and clothing

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3511431/Inside-eight-foot-bedroom-pod-built-San-Francisco-apartment-s-equipped-sliding-door-LED-lights.html

Weird that when you're not allowed to vote on behalf of 60% of the people you own that you start to lose power in a representative democracy, maybe the South shouldn't have based their economy around slave labor

Its the last time niggers had a job

>victory determines who is right

Nigger lived better as slaves in south than factory workers at north. But muhh right

Maybe the north never should have formed a Union with slave states

>How can you be a nationalist AND support the confederacy
>"I'm so retarded I don't understand the North and South are two nations in one country"

I'm a Yank, but the Yankee-centric view of the Civil War and CSA is very problematic and patronizing to our Dixie kin

>Weird that when you're not allowed to vote on behalf of 60% of the people you own that you start to lose power in a representative democracy
This is true, but do you honestly think African Americans would vote for the same people as white southerners? If you're saying that the south should have liberated the slaves to maintain political control, you're wrong. Furthermore, the north was gaining population due to immigration, and it's hard to maintain political dominance when the other side is importing voters.
>maybe the South shouldn't have based their economy around slave labor
You're right they shouldn't have based their economy around slavery. From a purely economic standpoint slavery is a bad idea.
But nothing you just posted is an argument against what I said. So not an argument.

Slavery was legal in the north at some point.

It was legal in the north even during the war

So, we just need to win next time?

Ya know, the blacks that you hate so much wouldn't be here if it weren't for slavery. But then again if it weren't for slavery would the South even have existed? Not exactly like anything noteworthy other than that has every came out of that desolate shithole before

You loved it so much you've traveled all over the globe to escape it, keep living in denial Cleetus

Most of south was very unhappy with federal government influence over states.

You built the current cucked up version of America that stands today. Ghetto trash blocking highways and murdering whites. A bloated federal government that has the power to bully states into whatever elitist fucked up agenda it comes up with. You took "The great experiment" and piss d in the lab beaker. But yeah, thump your chest, fucking northern shit stain.

Can't wait for the next American civil war were we over throw the federal government and start pushing people into ethnostates. Tennessee is for white people sorry Mexicans and blacks.

>Ya know, the blacks that you hate so much wouldn't be here if it weren't for slavery. But then again if it weren't for slavery would the South even have existed? Not exactly like anything noteworthy other than that has every came out of that desolate shithole before
They also wouldn't be here if Lincoln had lived long enough to send them back to Africa. The ultimate irony is that there wouldn't be a race problem in the united states if John Wilkes Booth hadn't pulled the trigger.

Pretty much.

Travelled all over the globe to see what was out there and went running back, realizing that being a globalist cuck is an overrated Yankee fantasy

The point is that the South was upset that they weren't granted a bonus 60% of representatives, their entire argument was predicated on the idea that they should get to keep voting on behalf of people long after they were no longer their property. The entire confederate policy was horseshit mental gymnastics

This.

This. I been all over rural MN is the place to be but shitty cuck libs keep shipping in Somalis to fuck it up.

>"yeah man i really like gorillaz but i really wish they'd break up"

Jesus, what a faggot analogy.

>Ghetto trash blocking highways and murdering whites
>A bloated federal government
>bully states into whatever elitist fucked up agenda
All thanks to the Jew-aligned ruling class. We must purge the dual-nationals and spineless traitors and cut America free from the bonds of debt-slavery

America is stronger united and free, the Mestizos need to leave and the blacks need to be repatriated to their own state

>Ya know, the blacks that you hate so much wouldn't be here if it weren't for slavery.
The South that liberals hate so much wouldn't be here if it wasn't for the Civil War
>that they weren't granted a bonus 60% of representatives,
They were taxed based of those slaves too though

the US stopped being what it originally stood for after the civil war. The civil war stripped the states of any real power and monopolized power under the federal government allowing the power creep police state shitshow we're experiencing now

Wanting that 60% extra was a way for southerners who wanted to stay to try to convince southern secessionists to stay. I agree that wanting to vote on behalf of slaves is retarded, but the reason that that was an argument that was put forward was to try to keep the south politically viable, and make southerners not want to leave.

>America is stronger united and free,
Bringing in foreign immigrants to fight the war is what destroyed the country

You were taxed property, doesn't mean you should get to vote on behalf of every tractor you own too

Read the constitution you dumb fucking nigger

>Representatives and direct Taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included within this Union, according to their respective Numbers, which shall be determined by adding to the whole Number of free Persons, including those bound to Service for a Term of Years, and excluding Indians not taxed, three fifths of all other Persons.

((they)) shot Lincoln because the long-term plan was always to use blacks to fuck shit up in the USA. couldn't have old Abe Lincoln's plan to forcibly ship all those freed slaves back to Liberia so they could return to their native homelands/make their own free black-controlled country come to fruition.

>I'm a nationalist and my nation is the CSA

Like are you just pretending to be retarded?

I don't think you understand the discussion going on here, we all are aware of the 3/5ths compromise and how retarded it is

Sure you can chill in my kids tree house in my backyard after we had you evicted from the house.

So slaves should not have been accounted for in taxation?

>The people who founded our nation aren't part of our nation
Are you slow?

>how can you support traditional concepts of federalism (i.e. states rights) and call yourself a nationalist?

Federalism was the intended form of American government - I trace the majority of America's current issues to an extremely bloated and over-powerful federal government. I consider the flag to signify a desire to reestablish individual states rights.

When was the last time black unemployment was under 5%?

Because confederate fags are either ignorant of history or low iq inbred rednecks.
Reminder that the south wanted to blacked the US until based Lincoln beat their shit in.

90% of the North now are immigrants

3/5 was alright, meant everyone that wasn't a white male land owner didn't count as a whole human.

If Lincon let them go there would be almost no blacks in the country

No, bringing in foreign immigrants to cheapen the labor supply is what destroyed the country

European Christians within a generation or two are fully assimilated

>All these US flags, along with an abundance of filthy Nazi flags and fashits
>In a thread with a question directed at confederates

What is with you non-southern faggots and not having strong cultural identity? Stop larping as a dead people you shits.

But I own the property and I was the one that build the tree house. If anything you're living in my house and I'm letting you stay till you calmed the fuck down. But instead you threw a hissy fit and burned the tree down.

>European Christians within a generation or two are fully assimilated
No they are not
WASP culture has been completely destroyed in the north

I would not send my kids to die to take back some useless fort in a foreign country

You know we would have been poor af and he would have been the worst US president ever. All that would have happened is Europeans sneaking back in and using the retards in the south. We would have been in a never ending war between two poor countries.

>You know we would have been poor
why?
also who cares we have always been able to get by