Questions for Orthodox Christians

I've noticed a lot of leftists and jews on pol LARPing as Roman Catholics to try and cultivate strife in those who actually read the Bible. Hilariously, we all know nobody other than old ladies and mexicans even acknowledge the Roman Apostates.

As we all know, the jews finally exposed the RC polytheist idolators for their extensive history of child rape, fueling hatred of Christ, and in turn giving rise to the fedora revolution. Luckily for the fedora anons, they are getting to see their degeneracy spiral into repulsive fruition instead of enlightenment by through space-memes.
>1200 genders pear shaped earth tolerance of abominations defense of islam

In the Roman Catholic threads, I have noticed based Orthodox Christians smacking the shit out of heretics. Unlike Roman Catholic LARP'ers, they quote scripture... and with fervor and righteousness I don't find in many Protestants. Growing up in the USA, I have no actual interaction with the doctrine.

With a little research, you Orthodox say that you maintain the original traditions of the actual original Apostles of Jesus Christ. This is quite a statement. If it is true, and if the Lord of Lords and King of Kings has maintained them in your Church without the blemish of pagan rituals and apostasies that the Pope embraces every month -- just like he has throughout history, then this Protestant will consider it to be true.

ITT Orthodox Christians prove to OP Protestant they maintain the exact traditions of the men who walked with God on earth. I want this to be true. Scripture will put it to the test. Excellent opportunity to witness to random anons, because if true, it is LITERAL and historically observable divine intervention.

Start with the tenets of Eastern Orthodox, Oriental Orthodox, Russian Orthodox, etc. Warning: blessing metals/amulets, ritual icons of sun worship, acceptance of latin black magic, and all other pagan bullshit instantly disqualifies you just like Roman Catholics.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prima_scriptura
ancientfaith.com/
youtu.be/gjpw9ilhTrU
orthodoxchristiansupply.com/
newspapers.com/newspage/138147060/
youtube.com/watch?v=gXKeiTTN7Wc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>OP unironically believes that a traveling magician from 2000 years ago went to heaven on a flying cloud like Goku and became king

YFW 1200 genders, earth is shaped like a pear, and homosexuality is natural

The Orthodox Church is the true faith of Christ and his apostles. BUt you ask -as is typical for Protestants (no offense intended)- for every single tradition of the Church to be found, in no uncertain terms, written in the bible.

The bible does in fact contain the traditions of the Church and the authority of the Bishops, Metropolitans, etc., to establish tradition and doctrine. That included the authority to establish the books of the bible. See Synod of Hippo.

While this is entirely too long of a discussion for Sup Forums, I'd be happy to discuss it with you by some other means.

But one example I can give you that is only found in the Revelation (you have to be able to identify it) is the Orthodox Liturgical service. It is patterned and closely follows the liturgical service of the ancient Jewish temple and most synagogues.

jewish worshippers are the cancer.
Soviet atheism was are true red pill.

The Orthodox church literally has accurate records of their church back to the apostles. It is unbroken lineage.

No offense taken whatsoever, friend. We Protestants are taught to be paranoid, haha. It is an accurate statement. My post is literally one rooted in paranoia. I think it may be inherent in the entire idea of protestantism, honestly. Protestantism == Being allowed to read the Bible and telling the RC's they are heretics because it describes them as heretics.
I'd love to correspond, how would you suggest?

I would like to see them, please. This thread was posted earnestly. If your church is authentic and original, I want to know.
I will immediately join the Orthodox Church if it is the case.

Fellas, if this is true, nothing could possibly be a more appropriate congregation to be a part of. As a believer, I am very interested to validate these claims. I've read of Protestants leaving various denominations to join Orthodox Churches, and I've read the criticisms of the Christians that have done so.
The criticisms are pathetic. I would like to investigate Orthodoxy, myself. If it is the original practices and traditions of the gentlemen who wrote the scriptures, I have every intention to join.
To this day, I am repulsed by the petty differences of doctrines found throughout the Protestant denominations. Paul literally says "Don't do this." And they did. If Orthodox is what the Apostle Paul was doing, I will immediately seek membership. Only pride would prevent someone from doing anything other than that.

What 'if it's true'? There is a direct lineage of bishops in Orthodoxy. Which one you 'want to see' depends on the particular branch of the Orthodox church. A 2 second google search on the 'Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople' should easily turn it up.

As for 'the original traditions of the Apostles' find a good translation of the Didache & read it.

yeah lets all live in the shithole that was the soviet union stop LARPing faggot

a)Unlike Roman Catholic LARP'ers, they quote scripture...
b)If it is true, and if the Lord of Lords and King of Kings has maintained them in your Church without the blemish of pagan rituals and apostasies that the Pope embraces every month
c)ITT Orthodox Christians prove to OP Protestant they maintain the exact traditions of the men who walked with God on earth

>CORRECTIONS
A)Orthodox don't quote scripture unless they are familiar with the subject and practically remember the passage.

B)No Church is free of the blemish of pagan rituals, but It's OK because our clergy have the distinction to know what's what and who's who and provide leniency.

C)Elder Paisios, now a Saint said that Protestants are not far away in scope of the pursuit the truth, they might be far away from the intitial conditions that set up a tradition to be as it is.

Also, fuck you jidf.

I set up a dummy email you can contact me at.

[email protected]

Send me a few questions. I'll see what I can do.

>Orthodox Christians

You mean the christ cucks who look really jewy and advocate for white genocide? Fuck off christ cuck.

POO

Orthodox Christianity is much more similar to Catholicism than Protestantism. The division between the two churches was just due to politics.

Like Catholics (and Anglicans and Methodists), Orthodox Christians believe in prima scriptura

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prima_scriptura

>Eastern Orthodoxy also teaches prima scriptura. An analogy is made where the entirety of church life is compared to a jeweled necklace, of which the most precious gem is the large diamond in the center, representing scripture. The other gems represent other parts of the Holy Tradition. While none of the other jewels are equal to the diamond, they nonetheless contribute to its beauty; the diamond looks best as part of the whole necklace (i. e., when viewed within the context of Church tradition). Sola scriptura, which is analogous to ripping the diamond out of the necklace because one prefers to view it on its own, only detracts from the diamond's beauty and value.

I emailed you. I'm the one who said months of prayers may have been immediately answered.

I'd made this a while ago - anything on this list is a 'good' starting point for understanding Orthodoxy. As for here in the US:

1. It's very much in the minority, and mostly limited to ethnic groups. Copts, Syrians, Greeks and Russians each have their own autocephalous churches.
2. Attendance is generational and often along ethnic lines. In an area without a large population ethnicities will attend other EO (and rarely OO) churches, but can be 'outsiders' for a long time.
3. Like many in the Roman Catholic church, most congregation members are not going to quote the Desert Fathers on a whim - they are frequently simple humble pious souls and will not discuss deep theology.
4. If you attend a service, expect to socialize afterwards - congregations are often curious about those that are interested, and it's a great way to start to 'get in' with them.
5. There has been an uptick in Protestants joining the EOC - and they can be quite the zealots. This is very much *not* the mood in the EOC. Sit quietly and learn. Listen before you talk.

ancientfaith.com/ Ancient Faith has some excellent podcasts for those looking to explore the EOC.

In Orthodoxy, the 'Ecumenical Patriarch" (planetery church father) is basically an MC to Church meetings , he just does the PR. In sharp contrast to the Vatican pope.

hey look someone discovered the joy of proxy (you)
>the christ cucks who look really jewy and advocate for white genocide? Fuck off christ cuck.?
Orthodoxy is the only religion on earth that explicitly says, 'fuck you kike' . It's priceless. And it's the message of the Lord.

Well there's a special relationship here between Orthodoxy on one hand and Catholicism with Protestantism on the other .

So , what's in common with the vatican ?
>the sacraments, something we inherited from the deep past

So what's in common with Protestantism ? True aim. Orthodoxy doesn't cut corners to pocket any $$ , the faith is the faith .

>Are there differences?
Later post

The catholic user who posts renaissance paintings all the time posts Scripture regularly. You're new newfag

>So what's in common with Protestantism ? True aim. Orthodoxy doesn't cut corners to pocket any $$ , the faith is the faith .
Explain.

Nah , I've seen that picture in different croppings 6 times already, just think it's popular.

Even on Sup Forums, Orthodox Christians are literally acting like Christians without animosity.
Thank you for this, any order in particular?

Righteousness is evident in these believers. Earnestly I ask them to justify their claims, and prepared, they eagerly begin to do so with confidence and love.

You fellas are setting an excellent precedent. God loves to humble me, as He is my Father. Keep your ears open for an Orthodox Bishop who says he converted because of Sup Forums.

I will have become meme.

There is no God and Christianity is bunkum, but Catholicism is a next-level idiot's creed. A thousand "saints", "Patron Saint of Cooking", "Patron Saint of Farmers", it's crystal-clear polytheistic paganism. Everything draped in gold and embroidery and jewels: greed and pride. No sex for priests and nuns: not in the bible, a pure money grab by the church (no children to inherit away their land to). You could literally go on for days and weeks and months if not years and the problems with the Catholic Church. It is a religion for subhuman morons and old ladies and Mexicans.

NOBODY recreates this filename

Orthodoxy = Pharisaism. Talk about changing anything and it will create a schism. The Lord is Spirit.

And he has like a bagilion pictures with THOSE file names. It's the same guy

yes well, some pastors might want $$$ out of their Church but for the main flock the aim is the same, understand scripture and assimilate the Lord Jesus Christ to be more like him, to our pathetic extent.

Nomatter which Orthodox Church one goes it's the same , to catch this vibe and take it out of the building, unless you are experienced in the faith and can emmit it yourself .

It's a moot point because Jesus said communities could innovate and specialize so long as they don't contradict the message. There is no blasphemy in eating one type of bread over another.

You do not understand what those words mean.

I'm an orthodox christian ama.

This is a weird thing to say.

Pharisees rejected Christ. Were legalists and money worshippers. Those fit the bill for modern "jews".

We are ignoring retards in this thread, but your post seemed like something a Protestant would say, and something I would have probably agreed with several years ago. Righteousness does not fear illumination. I'm going to look into this. You should too.

youtu.be/gjpw9ilhTrU

This is a documentary done on mount Athos by your CBS. It shows how our monks live and the doctrine they operate in.

They are Greek Orthodox meaning that they read the New Testament untranslated and the Old in It's first translation ever, the Greek one.

Compare to what you know.

wtf I hate my comment now

Honestly, I think it is what you are most interested in. Start with the New Testament and the Psalms. Personally I enjoy reading the Desert Fathers and the writings of the Russian saints - Saint Theophan the Recluse in particular.

While more 'difficult' and aimed at a more monastic audience, the Philokalia and The Art of Prayer provide wonderful inspiration.

Avail yourself of the podcasts mentioned - for me those of Father Thomas Hopko are wonderful.

You also need to attend an EOC service - they are long and very ritualized, which can be a shock to those coming from a 'low church' Protestant background. It is important to understand the mystical nature of the Divine Liturgy to fully appreciate and participate in it. And as they are very prominent in the EOC and absent in the Protestant Church, spend some time understanding veneration of icons.

Side note (I'm not affiliated with them in any way), but these people make excellent Icons (I have purchased more than a few) orthodoxchristiansupply.com/

Catholic Church is literally how Europe happened. Everything anybody likes about Europe came from Catholics. With the reformation and rennaissance, everything started going downhill. Aristotelian dichotomies birthed Marxism, and now here we are. Peace was traded for progress. But there can be no progress without peace.

Orthodox converts are really just hyper-Protestants. The Orthodox were the original Protestants anyway.

There is in the right place,
It's Americas turn for an autocephalous church.
Well i have this pic too, and i don't think it's called 'the Christ, 1 sec , see ? mine is 9ddb...
on the other end of that pole is change everything and lose the spirit cause you're now just larping.
>Orthodox converts
put me to shame, undiluted faith
me too, starets, desert fathers and Athos elders

they probably read alexandrian manuscripts, no thanks

We Protestants need to be humble and accept that we are plagued with Legalism that splits th Church incessantly. Literally for ridiculous things like having music in service -- or drinking grape juice instead of wine (Which is arguably not even participating in communion. Told to drink wine... and drink something else???)
Pride haunts we Protestants. I was raised Southern Baptist, Been a member of a Wesleyan church, a methodist church, and my brother became a minister in the Church of Christ. Literally I have to call myself non-denominational so as to not associate myself with childish dogmas that were implemented for the most embarrassing reasons. Being poor, having communities with alcoholism, and then making it doctrine and declaring themselves more righteous.

For the edgy Orthodox teens out there, check out Death to the World. I give 'em credit for trying at least.

Last but not least we need to remember the Orthodox of Syria and the Middle East are *immensely* persecuted and almost no mention is ever made of this. Keep them in your prayers and hearts, may God have mercy on them. Their memory is eternal.

Peace in Christ

Thank you sir. Adding this to the list of stuff to research.
God Bless.

>It's Americas turn for an autocephalous church

Will never happen, the East makes too much money off exploiting disgruntled ex-protties in the West.

why are you letting turks rape your women

>ID is thepoaim
>first result in google is this newspaper from 1937.
>newspapers.com/newspage/138147060/

really roasts the chestnuts.

All the evidence you need to know the orthodox churches were misled is their failure. Russia fell. Byzantium fell. Alexandria fell. Asia fell. Rome survives. It's is beset by evil, and full of corruption, but the heart is still clean and the dogma is still true. The spirit wanes across the globe, but a new dawn approaches. It is time for the old differences to be buried and the church universal to stand unwavering.

What are you talking about. We just don't believe in infallibility of mortals.
Also we believe that the Church of each country should have It's own leader and language but just be united in Christianity like brothers.

There are other differences of course, some of them very important but I'm not knowledgeable enough to go into details about those.

Ignore fedoras and Catholic LARPers.
Justifying a religion by the wealth of a nation is idiotic and anti-biblical.

ORTHODOX ANONS now post famous members who justify the faith by living a life like the apostles.

glad your dream shithole is gone athescum

The Pope is only infallible when he speaks ex-cathedra, which has only happened like half a dozen times in 2,000 years. Beats having half your church not even being on the same calendar because nobody can agree on anything. Half your church didn't even show up for last summer's council top kek.

They read the Orthodox Bible heretic.
Something you edited and translated maliciously with the purpose to remove counter-semitic facts.

One could argue that the creation of a political theocratic state doesn't equal 'success', or the lack of one 'failure'.

But I don't feel like arguing. I really don't.

no, you edited it in greek alexandria to be a satanic piece of worthless trash which all the modern english translations are based off

>unironically worshipping a kike
SMITE

What? Their women come here with their head-scarves looking for real men every summer not the opposite.

I'm catholic, but half of my family is orthodox. Not rusyn tho.
And thanks for these two Greeks.

Dude, we have been promised that we will be persecuted. The "Jews" literally enslaved them, the Orthodox, as Bolsheviks. Russian Orthodox is currently exploding in Russia. Neo-Con Evangelists prostitute themselves to Israel and don't read the part about how the Jews are bad in all of the Minor Prophets writings and in John's Revelation.

When our protestant nation prospered, we believed and followed the Bible, and were protected. Biblical prophecies all describe these fake Jews, who follow a Babylonian Talmud, and we literally prostituted ourselves to them to EXACTLY go about fulfilling end times prophecies. USA is the Whore of Babylon.

ahh that's nothing check this tshirt out (pic)
the legend says (Orthodoxy or death, in greek and slavic)

It's inevitable, the East makes 0 money from Protestants, only the faithful donate to the Church . The American Orthodox Church, with its own source material and clergy, must come to pass.

nonsense, these governments fell, but not their church , hence it's here today . Ando don't lie about Rome, fell too to the Goths in the 5th century, chimp.

There's reason they didnt meet ,those who wanted meet brought false proposals, something your catcholicism has always taken line, bait & sinker. Your pope is a charlatan.

rewrite that a Christian, he rebuked kikes on everything and they killed him

Yeah ok. When you go to Israel Yehudim, light me a candle in the Church of the Holy Sepulchre please. You may see the light yourself in the process.

>the only religion on earth that explicitly says, 'fuck you kike' . It's priceless. And it's the message of the Lord.

I don't master the Bible in any way, shape, or form, but aren't the kikes supposed to be the chosen people?

You look to earthly tradition for the Christ when you should be looking to the Word and to the Spirit ONLY

The story of Jesus as recorded in the gospels is about what happens when the Spirit of God appears on Earth, and is resisted by the worldly powers of organized religion and the state. Anytime the message of Christ becomes co-opted by religious doctrine or state power, it has already abandoned its roots, since at its core the Jesus story is about how those very powers will stop at nothing to subvert and destroy the Christ. Though of course they can never succeed - to those with eyes to see and ears to hear, the King remains enthroned.

Christ shows us that self-giving sacrificial love is the true power in the universe, not the top-down tyrannical brute strength of Caesar. Christ's earliest followers proclaimed "Jesus is Lord!", rather than "Caesar is Lord!" which regions conquered by the empire were required to say. The implied subversive question - who is making a better Kingdom? Caesar who puts people on crosses, or Christ who bears the cross in love for all? Caesar who dominates and kills all who oppose with brute strength, or God who raised Christ from the dead?

Why is self-giving sacrifice the ultimate power? Picture water. In some senses, the most submissive substance imaginable. It will flow through your fingers, fit any container you put it in. Yet nothing can compete with it for domination of the planet - it covers 70% of Earth's surface. It uses its power not to dominate like a tyrant, but to quietly nourish each and every thing that lives. This is built into Creation as a prefiguration of Christ. The blood of Christ is spiritual water, and those who drink of it will never thirst again.

No
God bless you for your fight

>There's reason they didnt meet ,those who wanted meet brought false proposals

That "false proposal" was the EP daring to refer to other churches as "churches". Edgy cunts they are.

Orthodox Anons, please address what we Protestants refer to as the "Apocryphal" books. You don't have to hold punches with this one.
Why did we choose to not include them in our compilation of Holy Scripture?
I will pray for wisdom and investigate these claims. Orthodoxy is looking righteous so far.

St Theophan dedicated his writings and his life to do as St Paul commanded - 'prayer without ceasing'. He urged people to take up the Jesus Prayer and embed it within their hearts. Def. worth the read.

Not since they killed the Messiah Jesus the Christ. From his very own mouth:

ou belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

From Revelations:
I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars--I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you.

wew. I thought that God said so in the Old Testament

that's pretty beautiful kike only Jesus is not a story
yes, including the vatican, that is no longer a church, you can sin but you cannot lie, ergo, btfo
well it's just a few more chapters in the bible
yes but also remember that humans have free will, and the jews used that to crucify the Lord, the burden of that is awesome esp. after they said kill him and let His blood be upon our head. The 'award' for that was the talmud.

As a Brother in the Risen Lord Jesus Christ, I want you to honestly consider the fact that Talmudic Pharisees flock en masse to nations that prosper from believing in the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. They then persecute them and annihilate their faith and convince them it is fiction. I don't know of any Protestants that have ever been LITERALLY rounded together by these jews and murdered to the tune of 12-20 MILLION.
This was the big one. To my knowledge, persecution of Christians has never been so egregious.
One must consider: Were the Orthodox bros on to something?

What do Greeks know of st. Cyrillus and Methodius?

For slavs, solun brothers are quite important in our history.

As far as I can tell we include both the deuteronomical apocrypha but also the biblical ones. I don't know why you exclude them since they where in the original scripture.

I have heard that you read a "sanitized" more palatable version of the bible that removes some Antisemitism and some of the books you considered unsavory for the Popes.

I don't have a definitive answer though, make your own research and conclude.

Yaweh is literally a middle eastern communist jew. "give away all your possessions goy! Be accepting of all, no matter what! Turn the other cheek!" Be like your globalist pope and lick the feet of refugees. You should be ashamed of your globalist pedophile ring that tried to exterminate the european man's true heritage.

He never said that. Look it up.

At this point brother Orthodoxy is near its ignition point, thanks to all the marxist/judaic degeneracy.
I think it will go pretty well .

he never said anything like that

I'm Orthodox, for us the pope is a charlatan and when it says turn the other cheek it means you do that *ironically* .

You should look into the history of the New Testament, and how the books of the NT were decided on. The fact is there were several books read during the first 3 centuries after Christ that influenced the tradition but are almost forgotten today. St Athanasius set down the 27 books of the NT, and described more 'Not cannon, but to be read' books.

The Didache (The Teachings of the 12 Apostles) sets out the basics of the 'Agape Feast'. The Shepherd of Hermas was in the revelation genre, and were (until St Athanasius) considered to be IN the Bible (some Oriental Orthodox still have them in there).

The OC (and the RC) understand there is an uninterrupted flow of teachings from Saints and Fathers of the Church, and rejection of those teachings divorces one from the Tradition. If you have a solid foundation in the NT, you can read these books for additional illumination.

They're Saints here too.
And they are considered the patron saints of Slavs.

They were monks who spread Christianity to the Slavs in the north and to do so Cyril or Cyrillus created the Cyrillic alphabet from alphabets you already spoke, so they could translate the bible for you to read.

They did very hard and very important work.

see this way i know you are stupid Orthodox do not give a fuck about the pope so try harder and i am proud of the true european heritage not some made up shit or some LARPing leftys

Orthodox are the most tolerable, but it is absolutely irrefutable that Jesus is a jewish communist man that tells you to give away all your possessions or else you will burn in hell.

On top of that, there is no beauty in nature, the world is poisoned. You are incapable of any accomplishment without help of the flying jew. You have no family or heritage to be proud of, you have no destiny you are in control of, you are a slave, like a good little goyim.

I went to an Orthodox Church on Sunday. I really liked it.

Op, I'm interested too. If you get some good info from this helpful user, would you share itt? Thanks

Christ is literally the New Adam - the Orthodox Crucifix has Christ's Blood purifying Adam's skull - bringing Christ's purity to *all*.

'Choosen People' sounds like Zionist propaganda.

>Greeks
These meme has to die. They were ethnic Serbs.

see

MFW Paul writes letters Churches throughout the lands. Letters go to buildings.
John's Revelation is to specific Churches, though. And he's giving them bad news.
Orthodoxy may intensify if Orthodox bros have an answer.

Well, there is this from our very own Greek war of Independence against the Ottomans.
From Wikipedia:

"With the beginning of the revolt, the bishops and priests exhorted their parishioners to exterminate infidel Muslims."

"Everywhere, as though at a preconcerted signal, the peasantry rose, and massacred all the Turks—men, women and children—on whom they could lay hands. In the Moria shall no Turk be left. Nor in the whole wide world. Thus rang the song which, from mouth to mouth, announced the beginning of a war of extermination... Within three weeks of the outbreak of the revolt, not a Muslim was left, save those who had succeeded in escaping into the towns."

"The orgy of genocide exhausted itself in Greece only when there were no more Turks to kill."

There were priests and monks who took up arms in that war as it was a war of extermination from both sides. It was that or being killed off completely by Muslims. It's not something they will ever be proud of but it's recorded history.

You balkans all claim them as yours. Bulgarians, Serbians and I even bet that Macedonians.

Byzantines sent them, that's what I meant.

jesus is a fucking meme you blaspheming son of a bitch

Thank you. I was suspicious this may be what it was.
Pray that I have wisdom and discernment in this in Christ Jesus.

Slavic Macedonians are meme nation. They didn't exist until 1945.

look, that's a nice text you wrote but the reality of it is very different.

the pope is quite do-not-give-a-fuckable if you look what that chair did through the ages
that's an excellent example of warring priests, they've never heard of it
How much redpill can you take, the future of this world is set and it ends in destruct what's in your hands is that it becomes eternally stuck in a great state (Paradise) before it reaches the end and thus keep the prophecies at bay .

>the Orthodox Crucifix has Christ's Blood purifying Adam's skull
That's metal as fuck

They could be I won't deny that. They are either Greek or Serbs. We used to be united back then in holy matrimony under the Byzantine Empire.

jesus kicked it with hookers and unfavorable people.
dude just cared about everyone.

even took a bullwhip to a synagog.

he was probably libertarian

Email that guy and let him know you are interested. We can rope you into our email correspondences.

>look, that's a nice text you wrote but the reality of it is very different.
answered here

i show you photos of christians rising up agains jews and you give me a painting

youtube.com/watch?v=gXKeiTTN7Wc

>talks about the kingdom of God every time
>lelbertarian