Why shouldnt i get on foodstamps?

I'm 24 years old now and my girlfriend and I of 4 years live on our own and support ourselves completely. I mean food, phones, health and car ins, as well as rent and everything else that goes with living on your own.

For the last 3 years we've gotten by but just barely and its very hard to save money. I have a degree and we both work full time but we still dont make more than 50k a year combined.

Today i went to the grocery store and bought
>2 pieces of meat
>milk and 6 yogurts
>Cat food/liter
>some cereal and coffee
>couple fresh fruits and veggies
>a few other things
Total was $125 and that's barely a week worth of food.

The single mom nigger lady in front of me in line got a huge cart of food, like stuffed to the top. All kinds of steak and name brand chips/soda... and she swipped an ebt card for the whole thing, not a dollar out of her own pocket was spent

Im proud of my independence but i would really like to be saving some money here and there but food is just so expensive around here, its killing us to eat remotely healthy

Well see it like this:
At least you're not a nigger.

Try to find hard discount shops. Only purchase non-processed food.
Eat simple.
You can reduce your food budget like that.

You pay taxes. Fucking get them and use them with pride, it's reparations for Income Tax.

Good luck getting food stamps if you're white and childless. I couldn't get them and I make fucking 19k a year

Show a receipt. That ain't nearly $125 unless you're leaving alot out

>meat
>yogurts
>cat
>coffee
>fresh fruit and veggies
>complaining about price

I agree with your point user but that dollar amount isn't helping your argument.

Get rid of the cat.

Do a search for frugal recipes for two. 2 pieces of meat could feed you both all week if served with rice, beans, potatoes and other affordable staples. Use the leftovers to make new meals. You don't need foodstamps. you just need to buckle down.

the cat food and litter was $30 alone (that is 40 days of cat food)

I buy large pieces/amounts of meat so i can eat on them for most of the week, so the roast and hamburger meat was $25.

The only thing i COULD change is my coffee is expensive, like $16 for 2 weeks worth.

I spend about $30 on fruits and veggies too because that stuff isnt cheap where i live and we are trying to eat healthier

absolutely no reason to not get them if you can, hurr muh pride hurr, have fun losing more of your tax money to niggers and getting nothing out of it

i cant :(

I love that cat, but dry food legitimately makes her depressed

Just get a better job dude. I didn't even finish my degree and dropped out of uni, got hired this month and had my first day today, in a field I clearly lack experience in. But they hired me anyway and actually like the fact that I lack experience, so they can teach me everything I need to know.

55k / year, countless benefits. We even had beers at work at the end of the day.

And if I can get a job, I'm sure you can get one too. Just keep trying

Fuck off shill
That's not the god damn point

it's probably the grains, cats aren't supposed to eat them

user, get any gibs you can. Nothing embarrassing about it. We have a say here, no matter how much you take from state you will never return what state stole from you.

>$16 for 2 weeks of coffee
Shit nigger I buy Starbucks beans and that shit is $12 for a month
You're fucking up bad
>living with gf for 4 years
>too much of a pussy to get married
Yeah, fucking up.

>veggies

they are called vegetables you need to go back

have you no masculinity at all?

This is proof that an economic collapse / depression is inevitable. It'll happen in our lifetimes, probably within 20 years. A demographic problem combined with a debt problem. Low earning immigrants can't save it, prepare yourself for a severe reduction in living standards.

white reparations. yes!

>2 pieces of meat
>milk and 6 yogurts
>>Cat food/liter
>some cereal and coffee
>couple fresh fruits and veggies
>a few other things
>$125
No fucking way. No fucking way was all that $125, even if you were buying the most expensive options which you shouldn't be at less than 50k a year.
I'm 6'2" and 260lbs, don't give a fuck how much/what kind of calories I take in and my 6'3" ~300lbs roommate is the same. We feed ourselves with around $200 a week, if that and still have money to pay the bills and smoke a quarter ounce of weed a week each and neither of us have a career; just jobs.

Manage your money better or get a better job.

Thats how it feels. even in the last three years the price of food seems to have exploded.

When i first moved out i was spending $60 a week on food groceries. its not possible anymore unless you eat canned food/ or beans 4 nights a week.

Ive been getting a lot better at cooking but i feel like i need to go back $2.00 cheese pizzas and off-brand pizza rolls 3-4 nights a week.

or I can have my mom pay our cellphones and health insurance, right?

$30 of that was for a month of cat food and the coffee could be 50% cheaper (good coffee is one of the few luxuries we allow ourselves)

>Americans cant afford food
Kek feels good to be in Euroland

How much fucking cat food did you buy you idiot?

I can easily buy a week's worth of groceries for $125.00.

A pack of 7 pork chops is like $11.00, and I know for a fact in the US grocery store prices are CONSIDRERABLY lower than in Canada.

Get your lady to start couponing. It takes maybe a few hours and if she gets good at it, you can do 20-50% off everything you buy.

So you have a pet that you can't afford to have? Makes sense

You don't need it, you can go to food banks if you're in a pinch, O.P.

why you need coffee nigger?
its unhealthy as shit

>30$ on fruit and veggies
holy shit

Did that on occasion when I was getting started. It's kinda' humiliating, but definitely motivates one to advance.

what can i get there?

Like milk? eggs? anything fresh? any meat?

I dont need boxed shit and canned tomato paste (i have a supply of food like this, its not like im going to starve. I just think food is really expensive where I live, especially if you don't want to live on cheap pizza and frozen junk food)

Get the fucking stamps, man. You literally pay for them with your taxes, not to mention all of the bureaucratic waste of the rest of your money. There is NO shame in food stamps in this economy.

Get good nutrition with your own tax dollars. You can use that money better than Uncle Sam ever will.

Are you white? Get that shit man. Your parents have probably worked for many years paying in. Fuck those niggers who never pay in and just take. Get some gibs for yourself. Also, $125 for that little of food? Where do you live?

Get frozen veggies faggot. It's already cut up and processed and it's great for stirfrys

I have a prepaid phone because I'm not on it texting faggots about unimportant shit 24/7. Phones are pretty cheap when you're not paying $600+ for the phone as well as $100+ a month for the bill.
Health insurance is a scam; if you're not getting it through your place of work then you're just wasting money only to have to fight to have your shit covered when you need it.
Meow Mix is $20 for a 30lb bag; either you're horribly overfeeding your cat or you're buying what you think is primo shit.
>and the coffee could be 50% cheaper (good coffee is one of the few luxuries we allow ourselves)
Might as well just say "I'm a huge faggot"

i'd say go for it, but dude idk where you live but you're buying food wrong. buy bulk bags of rice and dry beans. Cheap meat cuts, what veggies/fruits are you buying? Research which ones are in season, try to not buy out of season.

My nigger, I'm 24 too. Shop around better, only buy meat that's on sale (Chicken breast, pork chops, steak) and use coupons or sales when you can. It saves a lot of money. Go to Aldis instead of whatever main food distributor.

>Total was $125 and that's barely a week worth of food.
complete and utter bullshit. all that would cost me about 50 bucks at most

We eat a banana or small bowl of fruit for breakfast every day and take some to work as well. Ive also been trying to eat fruit as snacks instead of sweets or carbs. then veggies with dinner

its not as much food as you might think. only the seasonal stuff is cheap. today i got:
>4 blackberry containers (small) $4
>6 tomatos $3
>8 ears of corn $5
>1 cantalope $3
>2 oven bbq mini potatos dishes $6
>Peppers and onions for the beef $5
>Greenbeans $3
>bananas $2

>Why shouldn't I get food stamps?
Because it's degrading and means you can't provide sufficiently. It's emasculating.

Kill the cat if you can't afford it and quit your bitching.

Because you'll have to live with the fact that you were once on food stamps. Have some dignity user.

and get a whole bag of broccoli stems? no thank you

t. lying obese fatty smoking weed and splitting rent with a roommate and parents probly pay for cellphone plan/utilities, you have no clue what you're talking about child.

Eat the cat. Save money.

>I have a degree and we both work full time but we still dont make more than 50k a year combined.

Your degree is undoubtedly in gender studies or some other bullshit.

I don't even HAVE a university degree and as a software engineer I make $28K here in Italy where wages are a quarter of the US's.

>buy canned and frozen vegetables, brown rice, potatoes, salmon and chicken

>spend less than a hundred dollars

OP is a faggot

Some have a lot of fresh vegetables.

We haven't had a food shopping thread in a while. I love these threads because of the insight into saving money while food shopping.

And they can prevent you from going on food-stamps, user.

>telling truth about weight
>lying about finances
Lol, what would make you think I felt the need to hide anything on an anonymous forum?
You can stop projecting now, bud.

>125 for barely anything

Maaan I feel bad for you. Honestly the best advice I can give you is to come to europe. For that amount of food I pay no more than one to two hours of minimum wage (depending on what quality I want, but cheapest like Lidl or Aldi is still pretty good).

What degree do you have? Im sure you could get a similar wage here but with waay lower costs of living ie more purchasing power.

This is munich aka the most expensive part of germany Im talking about. Not eastern ukraine.

There is great shame in taking food stamps if one is an able-bodied man. I have seen a big deal made about who's "alpha" and who's not around here over the years. Big talk of "manlets" and "cucks". So be a man. Practice self reliance in all circumstances, not just when it's easy.

Cats know how to survive in the wild.

Lidl for life

Do you pay taxes? Is your state a giant hell-hole? Then take them gibs. If you are already paying for it, then do it. If not, don't be a drag on everyone else.

Post the receipt. That price is COMPLETELY unbelievable.

I'm salaried at $29,500 year. i should expect $40,000 or so with a few more years experience. I get ok health ins with my work but pay for dental, and GF's coverage out of pocket.

Most jobs in my city (without degree) pay $12/h tops. the cheapest apartment (not in the hood) is $500/m. I dont even live in a good neighborhood as it is but if i were to downgrade my house would get broken into or id have to shoot a nigger

for reference, i live in St. Louis city. Also, food IS a little cheaper if I drive out into the country or inner city.

>implying white people qualify for food stamps

I remember an old thread....
Those foodstamps were used to buy not food but Doritos, used by Obesed Landwhales.
Blame Landwhales, however, Foodstamps can be and will be dangerous

get on food stamps, weirdo. us is rich, muh deficit is a meme.

that's pretty bad. all you can do is stop buying clothes and presents. that shit adds up more than you think

White people pay taxes to JOG that funds black budget programs to develope advanced technologoes Whites will never get to see let alone use in their entire lifetime.

The stems are healthy. I buy fresh broccoli but always use the stems as well as the florets.

$125 for that!? Bullshit.

I can buy 2 8 packs of chicken breast, a sack of potatoes, a sack of onions, several green vegetables, coffee, tea, cheese, oatmeal, rice and butter (enough food for 2 weeks and healthy) for less than $100.

You are either full of shit, in Alaska or Hawaii, or shopping at some yuppie overpriced store. Try a produce stand dipshit.

Ive already detailed most of the cart.

this isnt even so much about food but just the cost of living. We are two people in good shape and good health. After everything else the food just adds insult to injury. the dollar hardly means shit anymore.

When i was 14 $20 could have bought me a shopping cart full of snacks

>I buy large pieces/amounts of meat
If you're really still consuming animal products that you haven't hunted in this day in age, you are human garbage. They are so polluted with nitrites and nitrates and so many other pollutants and drugs you are literally raping your own kidneys and liver. KYS nigger.

hell yes. good fiber

Every generation thinks this when they leave the nest. You are no different. It's a tough old world. You are just unlucky that your angst in this discovery will exist forever on the web.

if you are white you won't get any gibs.

That is shit. If you ACTUALLY BOTHER COOKING eating healthy is cheap.

8 pack boneless chicken breast: $10-$15 (eat half of one each meal).

10 lb bag of potatoes: $5 ish

10 lb bag of rice: $5ish

Fresh vegetables (buying in season): $10-$20 for a week worth.

4 pack butter: $5

Lettuce for salads: $3

Large bag of cheese(healthier to skip desu): $8

Dzn eggs: $3-5

Also potatoes, green onions, sweet potatoes, herbs.... Take a scrap of these and can easily grow as much as you need even in a pot.

>implying "food stamps" are a black niggerish thing

I just got fired last month in a mass let go at my company I've been at for 9 years and grabbed unemployment the following week while I look for work. What is wrong with unemployment assistance?

How can you differentiate between the people like me compared to people that abuse it? Or do you just think all unemployment help is bad because da black pplz

Were actually getting married soon and a big part of us eating healthy and preparing full and healthy meals is in preparation of becoming parents in the near future.

When i was growing up i had 3 brothers and sisters and we were pretty poor, but my mom managed to put a large, diverse and healthy meal on our plates every night. Normally dessert too.

I just want to be able to provide that for my family too and its not a cheap thing to do. As my mom and others on this thread have pointed out I need to focus on coupons and sales more.

I understand i can live on beans/rice or frozen pizza for less than $20 a week or whatever, but ive gone to college and done everything right, i dont think its too much to ask for that my future family has a rounded home-cooked meal each night and a healthy breakfast.

I still havent even bought a lot of stuff that i need like TP, cleaning supplies, new shorts ect ect. im just really banking on climbing the career ladder i guess.

>lets have boned chicken, potatoes, and rice every night forever!

Never change, America.

The more white people who sign up for this the less gibs for niggers.

Thats where your taxes go, gibs for niggers.

Euthanize the cat or abandon it on the streets.

There's NO shame because IT IS ALREADY YOUR MONEY. How many fucking thousands of dollars has the Fed gotten from me that I haven't benefited from? Sure, go back 100 years and I'd agree with your statement. But the bloat of government and the tax system, ESPECIALLY in an economy with lopsided wages as shitty as they are, means that taking food stamps is hardly shameful.

It's getting BACK what you earned.

With ground beef, chicken, veggies, potatoes, rice you could make a variety of different foods.

>le american meme
Lets see your flag then if that's what you want to reduce the conversation to.

Because you're better than the single mother; don't sink to the level of a bottom feeder.

>ditch the cat, pets are a luxury
>lose the yoghurts and cereal, eat oat meal with milk for breakfast
>lose the coffee, it's bad for you anywayd
>buy rice in bulk, eat rice+beans+minced meat regularly
>buy spices in bulk and put in glass jars

I've cut my grocery spending to a bare minimum in the past, spending literally tens of eurobux per week on groceries. Just drink water and nothing else, it's basically free.

Although, to address your main point; I'd just go for the food stamps. I used to have this misplaced sense of honour when it comes to gibs, but I changed in this. Look at it like this: you're paying taxes and Da'Quanda isn't. This isn't fair, why should she get that money and not you? Of course, cutting gibs altogether would be better, but this hasn't happened as of yet, so you should think from the status quo and not a hypothetical situation

Get on every form of welfare you can and quit your job. If you pay taxes to ZOG you're part of the problem and are literally funding your own extermination. Spend all the gibmedats money on weapons and survival gear in preparation for the ultimate happening. Buy eastern bloc weapons so you don't enrich cucked western companies. The more whites go on welfare the faster the ZOG house of cards pyramid scheme will come crashing down.

kill yourself

No u

Money management is just too hard for some.

You're seeing it.

I am also from Saint Louis.....Go to the country for cheaper food. Stay away from the black areas even if its cheaper for food.

Get a second Job and have your girlfriend or wife get a second Job.

Its not too hard in Missouri compared to rest of the country actually.

I call BS on that 125$ - I take 40$ for myself per week and C$ is weaker than your $$$

From what I've read that very much is the point, stop bitching and start saving money where you can. This shit is nothing but millennial bait otherwise.

Found the chink!!

Also know that it is hard economically for everyone now in our age bracket. The boomers have fucked us, and it will continue to get hard. Hunker down, save money, work and plan, and clean your damn room.

>rare

Do it, get whatever you can from your fucking government man.

Con the government into giving you as much as you can.

You think politicians dont do it? How do you think the majority of them become millionaires through their spouses who suspiciously become investment gurus straight after they take office?

where the fuck are you shopping? $125 is three weeks of groceries for me and i live in new york city

Literally cucked by one of the most cucked European countries. You're basically a Puerto Rican; a literal nothing to no one.
Enjoy your island teeming with indigenous wildlife posing as Frenchies.

I fucked up, faggot

>murican exposing his limited knowledge about his own history

I normally should be surprised, but I'm actually used to it.

Just eat apples and oranges, ffs, you don't need to eat like an Amazonian tribesman